Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,169 members, 7,842,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly (12191 Views)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / Why Aminu Tambuwal Is Fighting Bola Tinubu / IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by tpia5: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
PRESS STATEMENT: BANKOLE CONGRATULATES HIS SUCCESOR, HON. AMINU TAMBUWAL

The immediate past Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon Dimeji Bankole has congratulated the newly elected Speaker of the House Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal in the keenly contested but transparent election.

The former Speaker who could not be part of the handing over ceremonies as he was being detained by EFCC following his abduction yesterday night said Tambuwal election reflects the wishes of the members of House and by extension the people of Nigeria adding that the parliament as the bastion of democracy must elect its leadership democratically.

While urging the new Speaker to cooperate with the Executive arm of government in the interest of Nigerians, Bankole urge the new leadership to maintain its independence and build on the successes of the Sixth Session of the National Assembly in such areas as constitution amendment and electoral reforms.

Signed:

Chief Kayode Odunaro

Media Adviser to Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole cfr

http://cybernewsfeed.com/2011/06/06/bankole-congratulates-his-succesor-hon-aminu-tambuwal/
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by efisher(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2011
Summary: OBJ sacrificed his zone (SW) to ensure GEJ stays in office.

Remember this: I'm ready to die for Nigeria - OBJ

These things were decided long ago. Same way Yaradua became president "in the last minute".
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by evilspirit: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
osama zoning is dead, buried at sea
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Aderupoko2: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
ACN really Zap.e.d up!!! With all their support for GEJ,they get nothing in return.Now lets see who will cry 'marginalization'. tongue
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by evilspirit: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
2015 the end of nigeria
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by enyojo(f): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2011
PStylish:

@All
Shame on the Yorubas.We are now the laughing stock of all.Dont console yourselves with all those we dont like mainstream crap.Nigeria is a center-based country.
I hate the ACN for betraying the south west. They acted selfishly. Bleeding b.astar.ds!!!
I hate GEJ and his wife for anointing a woman in a highly chauvinistic environment. Muraina Ajibola would have done better.If I were not Yoruba, I would never vote a woman to be my speaker.
I am not happy.

[b]On the contrary, before you begin to open your mouth to abuse a whole tribe, listen:
The loss of a PDP from South-West is a gain for the yoruba race.
It has paved way for a yruba Presidency in 2015.
How?
The reason why PDP denied the Igbos who voted massively (plus rigged terribly) for GEJ for Speakership post was simply because they wanted to use the position to REVIVE PDP in the yoruba land.
At first, Tinubu made his god-daughter Abike to be Mulikat's campaign manager for the post.
Later, it became clear to Tinubu and ACN that the best way to kill PDP totally in the SouthWest is to rezone the Speakership to NorthWest which also heals the pains left behind after they (ACN) dumped Buhari (another North-Westerner) for GEJ.
Aminu's election as Speaker will last very long at least 4 years since he is the will of the Reps.
AS FOR THOSE SAYING HE WILL BE IMPEACHED FOR PARTAKING IN BANKOLE'S STOLEN BORROWED N10BILLION, THE TRUTH IS THAT EVERY SINGLE HON IN THE 6TH HOUSE GOT A SHARE OF THAT MONEY. BANKOLE HAS SAID HE AND HIS DEPUTY DID NOT PARTAKE, BUT FOR ALL WE KNOW, ONLY TAMBUWAL CANNOT BE SINGLED OUT WITH EMEKA TO BE PROSECUTED. IMPOSSIBLE!![/b]
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
Deleted
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by tpia5: 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2011
which southwesterners are angry?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Adejoro74: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2011
Igbo is SGF
Igbo is Deputy Senate President
Igbo is Deputy Speaker
Yoruba is what? Nothing

Where is Tuinubu4life, Eko Ile, and Ekt Bear who were mocking the Igbo? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
The fact that there was no zoning in the House also means that the Igbo deputy sspeaker can become speaker in the absence of the Speaker, unlike with zoning where a new Speaker has to come from the same zone as the old one.

If Yoruba had supported an Igbo Speaker (seeing that they did not vote for the ruling party), they would have avoided this utter disgrace. They wanted to eat their cake and still have it.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
Deleted
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
In all my 9months in Politics, I'v never heard the name before.

Who da fuggs is Tabawul?

So he's a Northerners? Fresh air ko grin

I dont believe the SW wanted the speakership in the first place.

So Tambuwal is  a PDP or not? OBJ is still in power. By the time Tinubu and OBJ are done with GEJ, the air will be putrid.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2011
Aderupoko2:

ACN really Zap.e.d up!!! With all their support for GEJ,they get nothing in return.Now lets see who will cry 'marginalization'. tongue
Which support for GEJ?

That would be the SE, ACN never wanted anything to do with PDP or GEJ.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
Zoning is now officially dead. In addition, these House elections now show how an ambition politicians can gain power, even without the president's blessing. Aminu Tambuwal seems to be a very cunning politician from Sokoto. The North really made Goodluck and Obasanjo look foolish.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by enyojo(f): 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2011
efisher:

Read in between the lines before you celebrate the "end" of zoning.
I WILL ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOU LINE BY LINE:

1. Which geopolitical zone is Tambuwal from?
SOUTH-WEST

2. Which geopolitical zone was Yardua from?
NORTH-WEST

3. What deal did GEJ and OBJ cut with the North to allow GEJ emerge as president?
UNDISCLOSED (BUT DON'T THINK ITS TO GIVE THEM SPEAKER OR ELSE HE WOULDN'T HAVE FOLLOWED HIS WIFE LIKE WOMAN WRAPPER TO IMPOSE MULIKAT ON PDP)

4. Do you really think the PDP leadership was caught unawares considering the whooping support Tambuwal got?
YES! A DAY TO THE VOTING IN THE HALLOW (BUT HOLLOW) CHAMBER, GEJ LODGED THE MEMBERS IN EXQUSITE HOTELS WITH BRIBES TO VOTE MULIKAT

5. Did GEJ and OBJ honestly believe the other reps would support Mulikat?
YES! IF PDP HAS SUPPORTED A HAIRDRESSER IN PATRICIA ETTEH, WHY NOT A QUALIFIED LAWYER IN MULIKAT

6. Which geopolitical zone advocated for the regular zoning formula and why?
IGBOS ADVOCATED TO IT; REASON BEING THAT THEY FELT CHEATED BY GIVING THEM ORDINARY SGF WHICH IS NOT AN ELECTIVE POST

7. Which candidate would serve the bellies of the floor members best?
FIRST TAMBUWAL, SECOND MULIKAT, THIRD AJIBOLA MUIRINA. IN THAT ORDER, AN AJIBOLA WHO IS A SWORN GODSON OF OBJ (WHO HATES THE SATANIC PAY) WOULD HAVE CRASHED IT DOWN. BUT TAMBUWAL WON'T ! BUT THIS IS MY VIEW. IT MAY TURN THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

8. Why has ACN been having romantic affairs with PDP lately?
BECAUSE ASIWAJU THE LEADER OF ACN HAS PAID HIS DUES AND EVERYONE IS NOW BEGGING HIM FOR THEIR SUPPORT. IT WILL PROFIT FASHOLA TO BE HUMBLE TO HIM AN GET HIS BLESSING TO BE PRESIDENT. BECAUSE IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS, ROCHAS, SAMBO AND EL-RUFAI WILL START COMING TO ASIWAJU FOR HIS SUPPORT FOR PRESIDENCY.

9. Who did the ACN members support and why didn't they vote for a South Westerner?
SO THAT PDP WOULD BE FOREVER DEAD IN THE SOUTH-WEST. DON'T ASK THIS THE SECOND TIME!

10. Is Tambuwal not a PDP member?  undecided
YES BUT A REBELLIOUS MEMBER. SO HE IS MORE OF AN OPPOSITION IN PDP

[s]I honestly do not think these things happened overnight. I believe it is all part of the big plan. Compensation politics and zoning are still very much alive. These boys have only just adopted new strategies to solve their problems.[/s]
YOUR CONCLUSION IS GROSSLY INCORRECT AND A DISTORTION OF THE FACT ON GROUND. ZONING HAS BEING NAILED. THE COFFIN HAS BEEN SEALED. SO #1,2,3,4TH CAN ALL BE FROM SOUTH-EAST FOR ALL I CARE. JUST AS 2,3,4 ARE NOW FROM THE NORTH! ZONING IS DEAD!! HALLALUYA!!
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by 2mch(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2011
enyojo:

I WILL ATTEMPT TO AANSWER YOU LINE BY LINE:

1. Which geopolitical zone is Tambuwal from?
SOUTH-WEST (KEBBI STATE) SOKOTO

2. Which geopolitical zone was Yardua from?
NORTH-WEST

3. What deal did GEJ and OBJ cut with the North to allow GEJ emerge as president?
UNDISCLOSED (BUT DON'T THINK ITS TO GIVE THEM SPEAKER OR ELSE HE WOULDN'T HAVE FOLLOWED HIS WIFE LIKE WOMAN WRAPPER TO IMPOSED MULIKAT ON PDP)

4. Do you really think the PDP leadership was caught unawares considering the whooping support Tambuwal got?
YES! A DAY TO THE VOTING IN THE HALLOW (BUT HOLLOW) CHAMBER, GEJ LODGED THE MEMBERS IN EXQUSITE HOTELS WITH BRIBES TO VOTE MULIKAT

5. Did GEJ and OBJ honestly believe the other reps would support Mulikat?
YES! IF PDP HAS SUPPORTED A HAIRDRESSER IN PATRICIA ETTEH, WHY NOT A QUALIFIED LAWYER IN MULIKAT

6. Which geopolitical zone advocated for the regular zoning formula and why?
IGBOS ADVOCATED TO IT; REASON BEING THAT THEY FELT CHEATED BY GIVING THEM ORDINARY SGF WHICH IS NOT AN ELECTIVE POST

7. Which candidate would serve the bellies of the floor members best?
FIRST TAMBUWAL, SECOND MULIKAT, THIRD AJIBOLA MUIRINA. IN THAT ORDER, AN AJIBOLA WHO IS A SWORN GODSON OF OBJ (WHO HATES THE SATANIC PAY) WOULD HAVE CRASHED IT DOWN. BUT TAMBUWAL WON'T ! BUT THIS IS MY VIEW. IT MAY TURN THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

8. Why has ACN been having romantic affairs with PDP lately?
BECAUSE ASIWAJU THE LEADER OF ACN HAS PAID HIS DUES AND EVERYONE IS NOW BEGGING HIM FOR THEIR SUPPORT. IT WILL PROFIT FASHOLA TO BE HUMBLE TO HIM AN GET HIS BLESSING TO BE PRESIDENT. BECAUSE IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS, ROCHAS, SAMBO AND EL-RUFAI WILL START COMING TO ASIWAJU FOR HIS SUPPORT FOR PRESIDENCY.

9. Who did the ACN members support and why didn't they vote for a South Westerner?
SO THAT PDP WOULD BE FOREVER DEAD IN THE SOUTH-WEST. DON'T ASK THIS THE SECOND TIME!

10. Is Tambuwal not a PDP member?  undecided
YES BUT A REBELLIOUS MEMBER. SO HE IS MORE OF AN OPPOSITION IN PDP

[s]I honestly do not think these things happened overnight. I believe it is all part of the big plan. Compensation politics and zoning are still very much alive. These boys have only just adopted new strategies to solve their problems.[/s]
YOUR CONCLUSION IS GROSSLY INCORRECT AND A DISTORTION OF THE FACT ON GROUNG. ZONING HAS BEING NAILED. THE COFFIN HAS BEEN SEALED. SO #1,2,3,4TH CAN ALL BE FROM SOUTH-EAST FOR I CARE. JUST AS 2,3,4 ARE NOW FROM THE NORTH! ZONING IS DEAD!! HALLALUYA!!

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by efisher(m): 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2011
EzeUche!:

Zoning is now officially dead. In addition, these House elections now show how an ambition politicians can gain power, even without the president's blessing. Aminu Tambuwal seems to be a very cunning politician from Sokoto. The North really made Goodluck and Obasanjo look foolish.

Ezeuche, You seem to have taken the bait already. Do you honestly believe these politicians did not plan for this? Dont you think this is the price GEJ and OBJ paid for the presidency? PDP is bigger than all those children you see making noise on TV. This is not the first time they say something in the press one day and the next day, a different person emerges altogether.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by OAM4J: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2011
EzeUche!:

The South-West is angry now. The South-East is already angry. And the North is smiling. What do we do now? I do not even know the way forward.

For where? me am happy about it o. No one will talk about any zoning when we put Fashola forward for presidency come 2015.

What is there to gain for speakership sef? What benefits did SW get from Bankole's speakership?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Adejoro74: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2011
From now till the nearest future, it sucks to be Yoruba.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by enyojo(f): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2011
OAM4J:

For where? me am happy about it o. No one will talk about any zoning when we put Fashola forward for presidency come 2015.

What is there to gain for speakership sef? What benefits did SW get from Bankole's speakership?

You know why I like you?
You still have the same spirit in Aisha2 and Jarus.
These two persons earned my respect for sticking with the truth.
On Nairaland, I'm not always right. But I bend to superior reason and move on.
So take me as I am or we go blow each other.  grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Adejoro74: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
Constitution amendment? Ihedioha will lead the House Committee while Ekweremadu will lead the Senate, May be, the SE will get additional State
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
As anyone noticed that the SWesterns have been relatively quiet. They ve not comeout crying foul. Afenifere hasn't made any statement yet. Even the on-liner tribal warriors, of yoruba extractions, have been relatively quiet.
Juxtapose this with the behaviour of the SEastern when the speakership position was first zoned away frm the SE, what do you see?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by enyojo(f): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
Adejoro74:

From now till the nearest future, it sucks to be Yoruba TRIBALISTIC AND [i]ZONING[/i]LISTIC!.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2011
OAM4J:

And why do you think Fashola will get elected? He cannot be elected on Yoruba votes alone can he? I like Fashola, but Nigeria does not respect men of his caliber. If we did, we would not be saying President Jonathan, we would be saying President Duke right now. 2015 will be a Free For All and the North will win, because they are the most united region in Nigeria.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Adejoro74: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
Xavier.:

As anyone noticed that the SWesterns have been relatively quiet. They ve not comeout crying foul. Afenifere hasn't made any statement yet. Even the on-liner tribal warriors, of yoruba extractions, have been relatively quiet.
Juxtapose this with the behaviour of the SEastern when the speakership position was first zoned away frm the SE, what do you see?

Wait until the next days and weeks before Yoruba press will go haywire. Don't jump the gun yet. BTW, it is Has not As
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by OAM4J: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2011
enyojo:

You know why I like you?
You still have the same spirit in Aisha2 and Jarus.
These two persons earned my respect for sticking with the truth.
On Nairaland, I'm not always right. But I bend to superior reason and move on.
So take me as I am or we go blow each other.  grin grin

cool wink
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by OAM4J: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2011
EzeUche!:

And why do you think Fashola will get elected? He cannot be elected on Yoruba votes alone can he? I like Fashola, but Nigeria does not respect men of his caliber. If we did, we would not be saying President Jonathan, we would be saying President Duke right now. 2015 will be a Free For All and the North will win, because they are the most united region in Nigeria.

Time will tell my dear, time will tell. . . you just watch!
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
the last week is a lesson for folks who view everything from the prism of tribe and place premium on winning cheap short-term battles instead of a long term strategy that allows most Nigerians smiling including you.

What would have the story been if Bankole was Igbo and arrested by EFCC and in the same week Speakership zoned to the SouthEast goes to the Northwest? I don't think the current scenario is a victory for any Ethnic group against the other and it should not be viewed as such.

I am not a fan of GEJ's politics but I sometimes say to myself that I think there is something to learn from his approach to politics.

I knew David Mark will retain SP after gaining re-election but the speakership was always a toss up and while PDP can zone things the way they want, these things still have to go through a democratic process and the status quo can be challenged as the case of Aminu Tambuwal has proven.

Democracy is a game of numbers, bickering and maligning everyone else can not do any ethnic group any good. Politics in Nigeria going forward will be controlled by those able to identify with a broad based agenda which every group can identify with. Decentralisation of power is OBJ's legacy and it is here to stay. Those engaged in politics of my ethnic group vs their ethnic group will continue to remain stuck in the politics of yesteryears (70s and 80s) while the rest of Nigeria moves forward.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Adejoro74: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
^^^^^
The Yoruba deserve what they got: loss of speakership and the arrest of the highest ranked Yoruba man - Bankole. They lack political honesty and it is biting them back now.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2011
OAM4J:

Time will tell my dear, time will tell. . . you just watch!

When did you become a moderator?  shocked What matter of bribery is this? angry
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by OAM4J: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2011
EzeUche!:

When did you become a moderator?  shocked What matter of bribery is this?  angry

hehehe. . . when you went on a journey  cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-671612.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-680396.0.html

am expecting my congratulatory message  cheesy
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by efisher(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2011
I like the way many of us sound on this thread but I must confess that we may be moving faster than Nigeria (in our minds). If only we knew what was really happening at the center we would be singing a different song. The simple truth is that PDP has become stronger yet again. Opposition will have a hard time fighting PDP in 2015. Some of you have been seriously against PDP but here you are dancing to their music happily. Wake up, you fell for it!!!
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by enyojo(f): 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
EzeUche!:

When did you become a moderator?  shocked What matter of bribery is this? angry

You just dey know?
Tribalistic posts Igbo struggle no let u raise your eyez abi?

pls no attack me o, abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Raids Yobe Towns,steals Foodstuffs / Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Rotary International To Support Humanity (photos) / Senator Adeleke Sues Police Ig, Aig Over His Recent Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.