Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly (12189 Views)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / Why Aminu Tambuwal Is Fighting Bola Tinubu / IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2011
@gymer

ACN's vote is a message to PDP, you do not have absolute majority and can not impose your wish on a house as complex as this one. (not everything is about Yoruba vs everyother tribe, because not too long ago you produced the President).

Maybe going forward bills will now be passed based on negotiations between the parties. The trouble is that the debate between parties may not centre on crafting better policies in the interest of serving the public, it may be about how best to share the loot because lets face it no matter their party affiliation these lawmakers are still Nigerians.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by enyojo(f): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
my personal candidate lost  cry embarassed cry cry cry cry

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2011
enyojo:

You just dey know?
Tribalistic posts Igbo struggle no let u raise your eyez abi?

pls no attack me o, abeg

I do not attack, I just simply speak the truth, and I will simply ignore that sly remark. Didn't you realize that I was gone? The only reason why I came back to Nairaland was simply because of the new political ramifications that are occurring throughout Nigeria. I grew tired of the constant bickering.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2011
I havent seen any prominent Yoruba man crying on the pages of newspaper about losing the Speakership unlike some people did weeks back
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
Xavier.:

As anyone noticed that the SWesterns have been relatively quiet. They ve not comeout crying foul. Afenifere hasn't made any statement yet. Even the on-liner tribal warriors, of yoruba extractions, have been relatively quiet.
Juxtapose this with the behaviour of the SEastern when the speakership position was first zoned away frm the SE, what do you see?

Stop this your hypocritic view.there's no need for the yorubas to feel bad about not having people who will only end up tarnishing the image of he region and stealing billions.what has bankole brought to the region if not disappointment ? I see nothing good in pdp and any decision that the progressives in the SW take is ok by me.so stop taking panadol for another man's headache.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop this your hypocritic view.there's no need for the yorubas to feel bad about not having people who will only end up tarnishing the image of he region and stealing billions.what has bankole brought to the region if not disappointment ? I see nothing good in pdp and any decision that the progressives in the SW take is ok by me.so stop taking panadol for another man's headache.

Did you quote the wrong person cos Xavier seems to be in the same school of thought as you
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2011
All this wahala over position.
How many yorubas are crying  
Where's the clamour for regional development.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by gymer(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
mikeansy:

@gymer

ACN's vote is a message to PDP, you do not have absolute majority and can not impose your wish on a house as complex as this one. (not everything is about Yoruba vs everyother tribe, because not too long ago you produced the President).

Maybe going forward bills will now be passed based on negotiations between the parties. The trouble is that the debate between parties may not centre on crafting better policies in the interest of serving the public, it may be about how best to share the loot because lets face it no matter their party affiliation these lawmakers are still Nigerians.

Thanks mikeansy
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aribisala0(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2011
truth is lagos is in the SW and is almost half nigeria's economy.still even if all nigeria's wealth were given to the SW alone it would still be poor.
the earlier the regions weaned themselves off the centre the earlier they will see prosperity.
i think SW leaders should not succumb to centrist pressures,

either we are leading at the centre or we go back and develop our region second fiddle won't do

truth is   being in the centre favours individuals not regions.

for those old enough to remember 1979-1983
VP Ekwueme  
senate president wayas
speaker ezeoke

SW HELD   the position of attorney general as highest government post.

so this is not new

the biggest single project of that govt was the biggest eletricity plant in nigeria where?
you guessed right EGBIN
when we had obasanjo what projects did he deliver ?

yes individuals from different parts of the country get the opportunity to loot when posts rotate but why should i celebrate bankole. i have no share in his loot.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2011
Permit me to be a little bit tribalist and prejudiced.

Maybe am reading too much into this but it seems to me that something new in Nigerian politics happened today.

A Hausa Fulani politician who was the outsider in this race and not the choice of the establishment wore a suit and tie to an election instead of the traditional long gown which before now usually was a symbol for identifying with the pseudo majority ethnic group.

Is this a realisation that Nigerian Politics of the future will be for those able to identify with the moderate majority from all tribes?

Maybe am being too optimistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Did you quote the wrong person cos Xavier seems to be in the same school of thought as you
corrected !
Adejoro74:

^^^^^
The Yoruba deserve what they got: loss of speakership and the arrest of the highest ranked Yoruba man - Bankole. They lack political honesty and it is biting them back now.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Koikoi(m): 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2011
Nigeria, we hail thee. a major player in the 10b naira scandal that is just being investigated is now the number 3 citizen, shame. sorryooo Bankole, there must be a fall guy. all the same pele-oo
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by murtalaa(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2011
i am a northerner from sokoto, so why am i not celebrating tambuwal's victory? simple, these guys are not in politics to make a difference. They are there purely for selfish interest. tambuwal's victory is no victory for the north, certainly not for NW but for tambuwal and his family. so to all bigots who spews poison on the north, north has finally won, no 2,3,4 from the north and all sorts of rubbish should take a minute to digest this: tambuwal has been in the nat'l assembly since 2003 but has not benefitted his people in any way imaginable. while his family live in luxury his contituency people remains one of the hardest hit interms of poverty. is this the kind of man i should be happy for just because we share the same region, tribe or religion?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2011
aribisala0:

truth is lagos is in the SW and is almost half nigeria's economy.still even if all nigeria's wealth were given to the SW alone it would still be poor.
the earlier the regions weaned themselves off the centre the earlier they will see prosperity.
i think SW leaders should not succumb to centrist pressures,

either we are leading at the centre or we go back and develop our region second fiddle won't do

truth is   being in the centre favours individuals not regions.

for those old enough to remember 1979-1983
VP Ekwueme  
senate president wayas
speaker ezeoke

SW HELD   the position of attorney general as highest government post.

so this is not new

the biggest single project of that govt was the biggest eletricity plant in nigeria where?
you guessed right EGBIN
when we had obasanjo what projects did he deliver ?

yes individuals from different parts of the country get the opportunity to loot when posts rotate but why should i celebrate bankole. i have no share in his loot.

Honestly the challenge is on the ACN governors who are representatives of the hope of the SW.If the whole of SW is developed,then what is my business if pdp turns the other part of Nigeria into a slum ? It is getting to a point where the region should comes first if the central government continues to act irresponsibly.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by hasyak(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2011
murtalaa:

i am a northerner from sokoto, so why am i not celebrating tambuwal's victory? simple, these guys are not in politics to make a difference. They are there purely for selfish interest. tambuwal's victory is no victory for the north, certainly not for NW but for tambuwal and his family. so to all bigots who spews poison on the north, north has finally won, no 2,3,4 from the north and all sorts of rubbish should take a minute to digest this: tambuwal has been in the nat'l assembly since 2003 but has not benefitted his people in any way imaginable. while his family live in luxury his contituency people remains one of the hardest hit interms of poverty. is this the kind of man i should be happy for just because we share the same region, tribe or religion?

+7
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by PapaBrowne(m): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2011
First speaker 1999. Buhari. Was swept away after less than 1month.

First speaker 2007. Etteh. Was swept away after less than 1month.

First speaker 2011. Tambuwal. Will be swept away after less than 1month.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by arogbowei: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
Murtala you have seen the light, we hope the rest on this thread will do so soonest.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by hasyak(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Honestly the challenge is on the ACN governors who are representatives of the hope of the SW.If the whole of SW is developed,then what is my business if pdp turns the other part of Nigeria into a slum ? It is getting to a point where the region should comes first if the central government continues to act irresponsibly.

+6.7
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by emiye(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
Divide and rule "show power" tactics from the ACN party !!!!!!!!!1
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by bamosagie(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2011
hmm, uncle Jona is scheming, hope this is not what i think it is.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by vicenzo(m): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
And the biggest losers are?
All this face saving rants by Yoruba people is really funny.Hmm, suxs to be? Yeah you guessed right.Btw where is onlytruth?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by vicenzo(m): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2011
emiye:

Divide and rule "show power" tactics from the ACN party !!!!!!!!!1
Keep deceiving your self.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by efisher(m): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2011
bamosagie:

hmm, uncle Jona is scheming, hope this is not what i think it is.

Tell us what you think. You may be right. Lots of people here are just carried away by the outcome without thinking deeply about the whole thing.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
murtalaa:

nice one

my northern brothers are waking up
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2011
Its unfortunate that most contributors to this blog are ethnicist or better still tribalist depending on their ethnic group.

Personally, i do not see how a mere speakership position add any value to a region. The only beneficiary of the position is the occupant and his family. And if the occupant is not corrupt, he will only be limited to his salary.

Also, I do not see how the Yoruba have lost or how the Hausa have gained. The Igbos has benefited nothing. The position of the SFG, Deputy senate and speakership will not translate to any development in the south east. Only the occupants of those position will enjoy it.

Logically speaking, I will commend Tinubu for not supporting Mulikat, a figure head for the president and his wife. Allowing a Hausa man to become the speaker is good for the ACN. ACN has shown that they are more sophisticated than the PDP in political permutations and have grown beyond ethnic and arrangee politics

By the way, in what way will Mulikat benefit the South west. I do not see it. She will probably end up cooking for Dame.

I am happy for Tambalwa, i hope he enjoys it while it last.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by OAM4J: 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
Let's keep all insults out of here and be civil pls.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by anataala: 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2011
@ murtala kai munafukine, Allah yawadan munafiki, kayi addua ka kai kamarshi shasha kawai, muten banza wanda bai  sancciwon kanshiba , mahasadi, to Allah yabashi kaje ka mutu, kafison bare bisa ga danuwanka, lalai ka tabata munafuki
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by hasyak(m): 12:02am On Jun 07, 2011
anataala:

@ murtala kai munafukine, Allah yawadan munafiki, kayi addua ka kai kamarshi shasha kawai, muten banza wanda bai  sancciwon kanshiba , mahasadi, to Allah yabashi kaje ka mutu, kafison bare bisa ga danuwanka, lalai ka tabata munafuki
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Ibime(m): 12:06am On Jun 07, 2011
Going by comments on this thread, I can see that the mind of the Nigerian youth is more polluted than their forebears. Who cares about "which zone won" when none of these motherphuckers ever did a thing to better the lives of their villages much less their zone. God forbid that I or any of my kin should line up behind any of the current set of political vultures in the guise of "supporting my zone". In the jungle called Nigeria, halfwits pop champagne at the chance for someone of the same ethnic stock to join the Federal lootocracy.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:14am On Jun 07, 2011
anataala:

You are a daft, the guy have said what he knows and that is the truth but yet you are insulting him. You are a disgrace to your family. Go siddon bigot
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 12:30am On Jun 07, 2011
anataala:

guy what are u saying undecided u make no sense
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by kasiem(m): 12:33am On Jun 07, 2011
All this hypocritic rants from my Yoruba brothers are just ruse to save themselves the ignominy of being treated risibly. Okay, u guys are claiming that the umpteen years of pdp's leadership in ur zone gain u nothing without telling us what Ad as a regional party got for u guy. We must be pragmatic with the manner we showcase intellect alfresco, cos nigeria's education sector is not as bad as making people to be dumb. How can be claiming that u want jettison mainstream politics and yet u want Fashola to be president in future? Is that one minorstream politics? For those of u claiming that leadership positions doesn't do any good to the zone of the leader, it's either u myopic or unrealistic. Anyim as a leader got many ebonyians employed, akunyili with her clout brought nafdac outlet to her village agulu, soludo as cbn governor employed many igbos in cbn, chidoka as chairman of frcn filled the whole place with igbos, ihejirika as coas has attracted a barrack to ohafia, gej as presido has successfully placated his kinsmen with full implementation of the amnesty programme, the northerners has the best government roads. If we must rebuff zoning and tribalism in nigerias politics, then, we have to go back unitary system of government that was propagated by ironsi, with a constitution that will deter one tribe from lording others. How can u come out "after enjoying ur own part of the zoning cake", and say zoning is dead? At whose expense? Who is fooling who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nobody Will Beg Igbos To Take Presidency In 2023 – Tony Momoh / Northern Nigeria, Yemen, South Sudan, Others Face Famine Threat - UN / Nigeria, Twitter Need Each Other – Lawan Reacts To Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.