Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others (25170 Views)

Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2021
What I find very interesting is the fact that the SW without Lagos State is competing with the SS with all their oil and ahead of the SE by N44 Billion..

Very interesting..

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Hotice085: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:
Lagos State a.k.a Centre of Excellence..

Asiwaju Tinubu is gifted honestly, how he was able to manage Lagos when Obasanjo refused to pay Lagos State allocation for years from bad advice from his Igbo and Northern friends is commendable. How many South East states can survive without allocation for a year? None!

Professor Osibanjo, Fashola and others in his team are also gifted.. infact Lagos leaders are reliable, tested and trustworthy. Reason Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB urchins wanted to burn down Lagos last year. Oju ti gbogbo won, awon abinu eni.

Keep quiet, before Tinubu was Attah. OBJ froze all money coming to the state because the Governor challenged him over resource control back then and he waged through the storm simply by using Society General Bank
When OBJ did same to Tinubu, he copied the idea of Gov. Victor Attah he ran to Femi Pedro of First Atlantic Bank and was able to stand OBJ
Tinubu did nothing but went ahead and betrayed Femi Pedro
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by seeker121(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2021
Most importantly roads between Lagos and Ogun this will aid influx of new firms to the state that will increase the IGR.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by henryobinna(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
In my opinion these states with high IGR
should no longer be giving monthly
allocation,instead let them make do with
there IGR, and remmit 10% of their IGR to
the FG.
if a state contributes to the pool, why should they be denied the little token they get in return.

If the federal government wants other states to develop well and earn much more revenue, instead of denying states earning huge their RIGTH, the FG should focus on giving other states the opportunities it gave those states.
For example, too many things depend on Lagos state and many of those could be redirected to other states by the FG. Do so by making alternatives from other states much more viable.

Lagos shouldn't contribute 400+Billion and you say it should not be given anything, that's unfair and it' provides no incentives for the state governor to optimize for revenue generation since they're going to confiscated any way.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by henryobinna(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2021
DanHaske:
Some things we need to consider, someone works with MTN and is based in Gombe, his pay check gets prepared in Lagos and he is payed from there. Which state does his taxes get remitted to? Lagos.
Most bank staff are outsourced and almost all outsource companies are based in Lagos. Who do they remit the income tax of their company to?
I don't know true your post is but oil companies that operate in the South South are rumored to also have their head quarters in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by dettolgel: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:

Asiwaju Tinubu is gifted honestly, how he was able to manage Lagos when Obasanjo refused to pay Lagos State allocation for years from bad advice from his Igbo and Northern friends is commendable. How many South East states can survive without allocation for a year? None!

Professor Osibanjo, Fashola and others in his team are also gifted.. infact Lagos leaders are reliable, tested and trustworthy. Reason Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB urchins wanted to burn down Lagos last year. Oju ti gbogbo won, awon abinu eni.

Why are you people unfortunate in this life?

Why not "... Igbo and Hausa, Fulani..." or ".... East and North..." why "... Igbo and North...."?

I wonder how you guys function with such amount of hatred.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by ensamy(m): 7:21am On Nov 10, 2021
The states that generated the least IGR are unfortunately the most populated and gulp the highest revenue from federation account.
That's why restructuring is better. The more you generate the more you receive and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by shigishege: 7:21am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
the FG.
so that your bedridden parasite red mud state can continue feeding where you people don't sow??
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by shigishege: 7:23am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s] please stop posting this rubbish IGR. It has no impact in the lives of ordinary Nigerians. No state in Nigeria is doing well. All 36 states in Nigeria are hopelessly useless. Which state in Nigeria can compete with Johannesburg infrastructure? Abeg make we see road
so far doted states are not there you will be pained. Cry as you like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Casalee(m): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
the FG.

So other states can under report their IGR?

A case of monkey they work.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Safyqueen: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:

Stop the boasting please. Nobody is gifted to generate IGR. The proximity to ocean and headquarters effect is the gift which of course comes from nature. The same effect is what is seen in Rivers. Nothing special this governors are doing that their counterparts cannot do elsewhere to improve their IGR.

This is one of the stupidity inherent in this Buhari government. He gave the west the control of Nigeria economics, they systematically hijack other zones from development. How do you give a lawyer ministries of power, work and housing? They made sure port Harcourt and Calabar sea ports does not see the light of the day because the Ibos, the major importers will divert their business from Lagos, they made sure Ajaokuta steel plant does not come up because they believe it will solidify industrialization bedrock for the North. Fashola made sure mambila power plant remain a mirage because if the north has power independent, her growth will be astronomical due to their population advantage.

We all know this but they have captured Buhari and today he has been destroyed, integrity failed, he is seen to be nepotic while his zones suffers more in all ramification.

Buhari's projects in the west alone is three times his projects in the entire north put together.

That's why Buhari is a failure completely.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2021
I see,,, for d first time in century FCT beat Rivers....lies
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 7:28am On Nov 10, 2021
shigishege:
so far doted states are not there you will be pained. Cry as you like.
has nothing to do with that. There is no state in the whole 36 states that has a world class health centre. That has a first class airport, higher institution. Heck, does Lagos that is a model have pipe borne water? Please stop hyping mediocrity. For the fact you even talked about "dot state" shows your low level of Reasoning.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Casalee(m): 7:28am On Nov 10, 2021
DanHaske:
Some things we need to consider, someone works with MTN and is based in Gombe, his pay check gets prepared in Lagos and he is payed from there. Which state does his taxes get remitted to? Lagos.
Most bank staff are outsourced and almost all outsource companies are based in Lagos. Who do they remit the income tax of their company to?

His pay checks might be prepared from Lagos but the money he is paid from is part of what he joined force to generate in Gombe.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by kayusely70(m): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2021
Spherical77:
Seriously Ogun state ought to be running at least up to half of Lagos state IGR or coming next after Lagos, considering being an industrial state with her close proximity to Lagos state

I guess leadership is one of the major problem confronting the state. The road is too bad, infact an eye sore. How would this attract more local and foreign investors with poor infrastructure
The governor is bereft of ideas and clueless. He's a ethnic champion concentrating most projects in his axis of the state.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by flokii: 7:30am On Nov 10, 2021
obynzo:

Are you this dense how is Tinubu gifted. We all know that Lagos is what it is because of it position from colonial times and the fact that it is the defacto commercial centre where import come first into the country. You say south east cannot survive without allocation for a year, but you forget easily that when Ngige was governor of Anambra state that Obasanjo also withheld Anambra allocation to punish Ngige for three years Anambra had no allocation from 03 to 06 when courts removed Ngige and replace him with Peter Obi. Guess what during that time the IGR from Onitsha alone was keeping the government going. Ngige was financing road construction projects with RCC and not the rubbish Hitech guys in Lagos. Again the riots over End SARS I really don't want to say you are a fool sha, but the rioters were clearly Yoruba the guy who led people to loot the Oba's Palace and steal the staff of office was clearly a Yoruba boy but in your foolish and dense nature you chose to accused igbos and IPOB because IPOB is clamouring for equity or let us leave the federation.

I accused IPOB because we have the evidence of Uche Mefor and Nnamdi Kanu asking Igbos to destroy Yoruba businesses in Lagos and bring down the government of Lagos which they did.
The FG also accused IPOB for the carnage and destructions in Lagos so no amount of sweet talk can absolve Igbos of the blame. Even if you go to US courts, Kanu would be found guilty and jailed with his audio tapes and radio broadcast inciting violence on Lagos.

You lots are just lucky Yorubas didn't retaliate by burning Arise Tv, Ait and Igbo properties in Lagos. We'll allow the law take its course but won't allow a second attack by Igbos on Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by shigishege: 7:30am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
has nothing to do with that. There is no state in the whole 36 states that has a world class health centre. That has a first class airport, higher institution. Heck, does Lagos that is a model have pipe borne water? Please stop hyping mediocrity. For the fact you even talked about "dot state" shows your low level of Reasoning.
Ehhn then go the state that has all these now abi dem force you to stay in Lagos??
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Casalee(m): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:

Gifted kill you there. Was it Tinubu that made the colonial masters settle down in Lagos? Was it Tinubu that created the sea port? These are factors that boosted the industrial sector of Lagos not Tinubu.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by tujays(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2021
Mailthaddeus:

I tell u. Yet they are a major determinant in choosing who leads us
so you think Kano people dont contribute a huge sum In lagos IGR? where is Dangote from?? where is Bua from? where is Dantata from and most Bureau de change Abokis from? ? just because Lagos generates the largest Igr doesn't mean it's generated by Lagos Indigenes. The IGR comes from different part of Nigerians due to Lagos being the gateway to Nigeria. go school una no go go gree..
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by dapolaw(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2021
The question I will ask you is that, where does the FG even generates the funds they use in the allocation is it not from moat of these high IGR generated states like Lagos,Rivers and the others.

ManirBK:
the FG.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Spherical77(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2021
Cherez:

You are right bro
My point here is that I’m making comparative analysis.
Aside IMO in the SE doing badly with their IGR as an oil state the SE states are human capability driven.
By just the IGR numbers without insights the SE might even be 2nd to last or so but sharing the IGR per head (ie population) & the oil advantage, closeness to seaport & other natural factors, you’ll draw insights to my point.
I can tell you Anambra is doing far more better than IMO cos even with the oil advantage IMO is doing nothing.

In the SW, let’s even leave Lagos but see Osun & Oyo which do not have such advantages but are pulling weight. Even see Ogun state doing well by proximity to Lagos and I can tell you Ekiti is x10 doing better than Ogun state by this IGR if you ever visited Ogun state.
Ogun is such a blessed state but too many bad leaders killed them
You get my point?
Well said sir

Population
Proximity to sea port
Infrastructure
Good policy/leadership et al..
All these are the driving force for a better economy

Left to me, the South Eastern region would have been in close range with South West or south south at least, if the government aren't bayased and one sided
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by ensamy(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:

Keep quiet and say what your chicken brain knows. Don't you know igbos are the one that pay the taxes from imports and other taxes in Lagos that made Lagos state to have the highest IGR, do yorubas have businesses aside from tailoring ?? Lagos is what it is because of the presence of Igbo business men. During festive December period don't you see the reality of Lagos state when most igbos travel home ?? ehh chicken brain. Name one or two yorubas that pay import taxes in Lagos and other taxes.
Same thing happens to FCT during festive December period when igbos travel for Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by dapolaw(m): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2021
All the states of the developers did N51.1bn while ordinary Ogun state did N54bn.... You can see the reason why I don't always take them serious on nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by dapolaw(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2021
I am not surprised at this your submission, sebi nah also Igbo made Ogun state generates N54bn too? Loose head

ensamy:

Keep quiet and say what your chicken brain knows. Don't you know igbos are the one that pay the taxes from imports and other taxes in Lagos that made Lagos state to have the highest IGR, do yorubas have businesses aside from tailoring ?? Lagos is what it is because of the presence of Igbo business men. During festive December period don't you see the reality of Lagos state when most igbos travel home ?? ehh chicken brain. Name one or two yorubas that pay import taxes in Lagos and other taxes.
Same thing happens to FCT during festive December period when igbos travel for Christmas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by TimeTraveller: 7:41am On Nov 10, 2021
When I say SE contribute NOTHING, they attack me

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Manbryto(m): 7:42am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
https://dailytrust.com/igr-lagos-leads-as-fct-beats-rivers-kano-33-others

States generate way more than what they are stating but corruption would make most of those money end up in private pockets
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by wallrichy: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2021
One eye man is the king in the land of the blinds.. That's the story of Lagos State..You said it all....No states in Nigeria is doing well at all while the Nigeria as a country has become a regional entanglement of Fulanis and their Hausas slaves. I really wish this country will work but wishes aren't horses for beggar to ride anyway.

meccuno:
[s][/s] please stop posting this rubbish IGR. It has no impact in the lives of ordinary Nigerians. No state in Nigeria is doing well. All 36 states in Nigeria are hopelessly useless. Which state in Nigeria can compete with Johannesburg infrastructure? Abeg make we see road
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by tujays(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2021
Geeman2006:

They are leakages definately.. I don't understand how Kaduna keeps dusting Kano in IGR performance since El-rufai came on board. Something is definitely not right with those running Kano. Kano has the population , commercial activity and more industries than any state in the North. Just tells you Ganduje & cronies are not doing something right.
You don't really know KD, Kaduna was once one of the most Industrialized state In Nigeria before all the Various textiles littered all over shut down. still on still Kd is home to Nigeria Breweries, Kaduna Refinery, Peugeot Automobile just to name a few.. don't underrate Kd my friend.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2021
[s]
Cherez:

You should be so ashamed of yourself for lacking understanding and selling your stupidity in public.
What are the factors that drive the IGR?
1. Population
2. FG investments over the years
3. Closeness to a seaport etc
Now Katsina with a bigger population up to x2 with more federal allocation & presence is Lee’s than Abia in IGR should tell you something.
Such a small state that lost it’s academic youths in the war & ought to be 10yrs backwards at least from other non-Eastern states and no IDP nor FG help after the war could compete and even out-do katsina and most other non oil states should really worry you.
Enugu is even more than Cross River (an oil state) & Anambra where OBJ confessed to have helped bombed down Onitsha, with the whole FG negligence, low allocation since the war comes above most Nirthern states with bigger population and allocation is a huge shame to you.
The SW is the only region in Nigeria today that does better than the SE from this statistics.
Kano with about 25bn have x3 Anambra’s population so should have x3 its IGR ie 37bn but that’s not the case
You need to gain understanding bro
[/s]
Gibberish!
After the SW is the SS, then the NW, before the SE according to this list.
Stop fooling yourself. If you people want to generate better IGR, take the HQ of all Ur businesses to the SE and go and be taxing them there. Or better still try attracting FDIs like Osun state did in the past 3 years which is now paying off.
Osun states IGR is now larger than Anambra. It's in the same range as Enugu - ur best state. You can't even compare any of Ur states to Oyo, Ogun, Ondo or lagos. Don't be deceiving urself because of drug money pple are using to build mansion in ur village, your region is declining everyday and IPOB is one of the causes, but dts ur problem.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Psalmistproject: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2021
DUNDEEMASTER:
I trust Wike...He rather drown in the ocean than reveal his exact IGR...I know Rivers do generate 3 times of wat am seeing there kiss

You prefer him being a thief instead?

Don't you know, that what ever is not revealed is embezzled?

Unfortunately he will soon look for an opportunity to dash chunks of the loot to northern governors.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2021
ensamy:

lol.....Comedian.. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers End "Operation Crocodile Smile" Training, To Storm Creeks / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) / 2015: Jonathan’s Book Misrepresented Facts, Says US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.