Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others (25175 Views)

Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 / Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
codemaniacs:

IGR reflects in the lives of people working for the state government and it's agencies not the lives of people in the private sector, unemployed ( most states in Nigeria don't pay unemployment ) and sole proprietorships e.t.c

State housing is been built, state hospitals are been built, bridges are been built, state primary and secondary schools are been built and renovated, children hospitals are been built. State recreational parks and centers are been built.e.t.c

In summary
IGR will reflect in the lives of state government employees and infrastructure in the state.
okay then
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by oyatz(m): 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
obynzo:

Are you this dense how is Tinubu gifted. We all know that Lagos is what it is because of it position from colonial times and the fact that it is the defacto commercial centre where import come first into the country. You say south east cannot survive without allocation for a year, but you forget easily that when Ngige was governor of Anambra state that Obasanjo also withheld Anambra allocation to punish Ngige for three years Anambra had no allocation from 03 to 06 when courts removed Ngige and replace him with Peter Obi. Guess what during that time the IGR from Onitsha alone was keeping the government going. Ngige was financing road construction projects with RCC and not the rubbish Hitech guys in Lagos. Again the riots over End SARS I really don't want to say you are a fool sha, but the rioters were clearly Yoruba the guy who led people to loot the Oba's Palace and steal the staff of office was clearly a Yoruba boy but in your foolish and dense nature you chose to accused igbos and IPOB because IPOB is clamouring for equity or let us leave the federation.

Stop peddling falsehoods ,Obasanjo didn't withhold the allocations to Anambra State.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Meninblac(m): 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Edo state is doing better than all southeastern state grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by LegendHero(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
eas01:

This IGR thing confuses some People. Just because state A has a higher IGR than state B, doesnt mean state A has a higher GDP than state B. It just means state A government taxes businesses and peoples of the state more to generate revenue; while state B does not.

It could also mean state B is poor and have less industries to tax and has no people to tax which explained why state A has more IGR.

Why is it that you guys look for all theories in the book to justify inefficiencies?

Then using your ideology, I think the Northern states are the richest in Nigeria because they don’t usually tax their informal sector. I think Lagos is just lying, Kano generates more than Lagos and it’s just that Kano purposely don’t tax their business.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
osun ahead of anambra? Imo wit 9b? SE need to sit up.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by galaxy2020(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
oyatz:

What are the true figures sir?....some people just develop "pain Cancer " once they hear RESTRUCTURING! it will surely come to pass one day, no food for lazy bones.

#You guys only accept Statistics that portray your States in good light.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by galaxy2020(m): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Taye4j:

I'm sure it would have been a true figure if eastern states were topping the charts.

Your brain must be paining you.
.....I did not mention Eastern states, your hatred for them is what is eating you up. No be them make your people to the invest more in "WOMANIZATION" grin

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Sleekfingers: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
https://dailytrust.com/igr-lagos-leads-as-fct-beats-rivers-kano-33-others

See as potopoto region IGR low.......

Anyway, lagos state government should do the necessary, with these our high IGR oooo.....cuz development is on a slow pace ........
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
How many times has Tinubu used any hospital in Lagos? lets stop celebrating mediocrity. and this idea of trying to think positive is actually irritating

The fact that Tinubu doesn't use hospitals in Lagos means, as a Lagosian, O can not use the hospital?
Was the question about me or Tinubu?

You people just can not free that man's yansh and let it breathe for 1 second, you are forever attached and buried inside it.. grin

Is Tinubu also responsible for the poverty and 10 kobo IGR in your own state?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

The fact that Tinubu doesn't use hospitals in Lagos means, as a Lagosian, O can not use the hospital?
Was the question about me or Tinubu?

You people just can not free that man's yansh and let it breathe for 1 second, you are forever attached and buried inside it.. grin

Is Tinubu also responsible for the poverty and 10 kobo IGR in your own state?
Another senseless gibberish from an arse licker. Yet again you miss the point just because the name of your demi god has been mentioned. Please don't mention me again.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
Another senseless gibberish from an arse licker. Yet again you miss the point just because the name of your demi god has been mentioned. Please don't mention me again.

What was your point again?

You asked me how Lagos state's IGR impacts my life and I stated specifically how, like driving on the roads and bridges built with the IGR, benefiting from the hospitals and maternity centers built with the IGR, housing estates built with the IGR, salaries to pay my rent and put food on the table, agencies and agency services to save my life in case God forbid I get in trouble or accidents and list goes on..

Now, please explain to me what I still don't get about your question?

Are you confused, deceptive, or you can not even read and comprehend your own posts?

Or you just don't know what states do with IGR?

When people like you run out of sensible things to say, you quickly go and dodge under Tinubu.

When we say good morning, you shout Tinubu, when we say goodnight, you shout Tinubu, when we say how are you, you shut Tinubu?

It's nice to know that Tinubu is the alpha and omega in your life, you can not even exist without quoting Tinubu.

Free the man's yansh and let it breathe, you are too attached to it..

grin grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
[s]
plaindealer:

What was your point again?

You asked me how Lagos state's IGR impacts my life and I stated specifically how, like driving on the roads and bridges built with the IGR, benefiting from the hospitals and maternity centers built with the IGR, housing estates built with the IGR, salaries to pay my rent and put food on the table, agencies and agency services to save my life in case God forbid I get in trouble or accidents and list goes on..

Now, please explain to me what I still don't get about your question?

Are you confused, deceptive, or you can not even read and comprehend your own posts?

Or you just don't know what states do with IGR?

When people like you run out of sensible things to say, you quickly go and dodge under Tinubu.

When we say good morning, you shout Tinubu, when we say goodnight, you shout Tinubu, when we say how are you, you shut Tinubu?

It's nice to know that Tinubu is the alpha and omega in your life, you can not even exist without quoting Tinubu.

Free the man's yansh and let it breathe, you are too attached to it..

grin grin

[/s] I clearly understand how you think. And I won't take you seriously. Writing in brighter grammer won't change that. I will just respond to you with your level of Reasoning.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s] I clearly understand how you think. And I won't take you seriously. Writing in brighter grammer won't change that. I will just respond to you with your level of Reasoning.

Why are you pained?

Na me say make you ask silly questions.

IGR impacts people's lives every day from the moment they step out into the streets, maybe the reality is different in your own poor state where they don't have 1 kobo IGR to do anything...

grin grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

Why are you pained?

Na me say make you ask silly questions.

IGR impacts people's lives every day from the moment they step out into the streets, maybe the reality is different in your own poor state where they don't have 1 kobo IGR to do anything...

grin grin
I guess that's were they pay you your 30k and Kpomo grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
I guess that's were they pay you your 30k and Kpomo grin

The fact that they pay you 1 kobo to peddle fake facts and ask silly questions on the internet doesn't mean it applies to other people too.

Go and lean the meaning of IGR and how it impacts people's lives, once that's done, you won't ask such silly questions again, even if they are paying you 1 kobo to do so...

grin grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
LegendHero:

It could also mean state B is poor and have less industries to tax and has no people to tax which explained why state A has more IGR.

Why is it that you guys look for all theories in the book to justify inefficiencies?

Then using your ideology, I think the Northern states are the richest in Nigeria because they don’t usually tax their informal sector. I think Lagos is just lying, Kano generates more than Lagos and it’s just that Kano purposely don’t tax their business.
Well that is why we have GDP league figures per state which is different from the IGR league figures per state. Kano and Rivers state has a bigger GDP than the FCT but the FCT has a bigger IGR than both. Go figure!
It means the FCT taxes more than Kano and rivers.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

No, it means state A's economy and tax base is larger than state B's economy and tax base.

You can not tax a tax base that doesn't exist to generate massive IGR, your economy and tax base must be able to sustain taxation.

State B not taxing as it should is incompetence and abdication of responsibilities.

You got it all backward..
Well that is why we have GDP league figures per state which is different from the IGR league figures per state. Kano and Rivers state has a bigger GDP than the FCT but the FCT has a bigger IGR than both. Go figure!
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

No, it means state A's economy and tax base is larger than state B's economy and tax base.

You can not tax a tax base that doesn't exist to generate massive IGR, your economy and tax base must be able to sustain taxation.

State B not taxing as it should is incompetence and abdication of responsibilities.

You got it all backward..
Going by your argument, the IGR league table should mirror the GDP league, but it doesn't
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

The fact that they pay you 1 kobo to peddle fake facts and ask silly questions on the internet doesn't mean it applies to other people too.

Go and lean the meaning of IGR and how it impacts people's lives, once that's done, you won't ask such silly questions again, even if they are paying you 1 kobo to do so...

grin grin

BMC south west grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
[s]
eas01:

[/s]

The topic is about IGR, not GDP.

Start your own GDP topic to shift your fake facts and goalpost..

Your IGR/GDP post makes no sense sef, just your usual upside down fake facts..
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
eas01:

Going by your argument, the IGR league table should mirror the GDP league, but it doesn't

What's this got to do with my assertion that not taxing accordingly is incompetence and you must expand your tax to improve IGR.?

Also, what's GDP tot to do with taxing accordingly? The size of your GDP in connection with IGR makes no difference if at the end of the day you are not taxing and using creative tax instruments to improve IGR.

IGR doesn't generate itself, you have to work and use creative means to generate and collect, this is what they did in Lagos, the leaders created effective and created means to generate IGR and maximize their earnings, period.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

BMC is the new reason why you ask silly questions and clueless per the meaning and benefits of IGR.

Your problem don multiply by 100..

grin grin
you obviously have comprehension problems. Well, what do I expect from a Tinubu arse licker grin
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

The topic is about IGR, not GDP.

Start your own GDP topic to shift your fake facts and goalpost..

Your IGR/GDP post makes no sense sef, just your usual upside down fake facts..

I know this OP is about IGR but many here have been insulting that just because a state A has generated a bigger IGR than state B, the economy of state A is bigger than state B. It's simply not true. It just means state A is taxing businesses in their state more than state B.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 1:57am On Nov 11, 2021
eas01:

I know this OP is about IGR but many here have been insulting that just because a state A has generated a bigger IGR than state B, the economy of state A is bigger than state B. It's simply not true. It just means state A is taxing businesses in their state more than state B.

It could also be that State A has a huge economy and tax base so regardless, state A ends up with massive IGR.

It's not surprising that many States on the list generated low figures because they don't have any kind of serious economic base or industrial activities so it doesn't matter how they tax, they are still going to end up with low numbers.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2021
plaindealer:

It could also be that State A has a huge economy and tax base so regardless, state A ends up with massive IGR.

It's not surprising that many States on the list generated low figures because they don't have any kind of serious economic base or industrial activities so it doesn't matter how they tax, they are still going to end up with low numbers.
I take your point. Both are possibilities. This is for those who don't realize the nuisances involved. Just because a state has a higher IGR than another state, doesnt always mean the state that generated the higher IGR, has higher economic base.
Again Kwara state was said to generate a higher IGR compared to some south east states and of those states, kwara has a lower economic base than all of them according to the GDP figures.
Mind you the the oil producing states of the SS and some SE states , are huge contributors to the IGR of all the states in the federation. Without allocation from their resources, the IGR of all other states, maybe except lagos will drop like a stone.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Kaiser20: 8:24am On Nov 11, 2021
Nigeria is really a very poor country, imagine IGR of all the states in Nigeria. Look at our GDP.... etc
No wonder there are huge movement of people relocating Abroad.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Cherez: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Leaforever:
[s][/s]
Gibberish!
After the SW is the SS, then the NW, before the SE according to this list.
Stop fooling yourself. If you people want to generate better IGR, take the HQ of all Ur businesses to the SE and go and be taxing them there. Or better still try attracting FDIs like Osun state did in the past 3 years which is now paying off.
Osun states IGR is now larger than Anambra. It's in the same range as Enugu - ur best state. You can't even compare any of Ur states to Oyo, Ogun, Ondo or lagos. Don't be deceiving urself because of drug money pple are using to build mansion in ur village, your region is declining everyday and IPOB is one of the causes, but dts ur problem.

Some of you lack knowledge and just wanna blab rubbish
Can you do per capita of those IGR?
If you have 100 people generating a revenue of N1million in City A & City B with 10people generating a revenue of N200,000. Which city do you think is more effective?

And I mentioned aside oil in my analysis cos I wasn’t belittling the SS
If you are intelligible enough you should even know that Osun is far ahead of Ogun state regardless of the number Ogun pull
But una tribal inclination won’t let una see

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Cherez: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Taye4j:

I know people like you will come up with excuses and statistics from IPOB Bureau of Statistics.

So, are you telling me your 2*2 shops where you sell okrika wares are what is generating income for LSG? Your brothers and sisters are littered all across the streets of Lagos with their Fanyogo and gala selling business - and you think that is where the LSG generates its income?

Even Dangote with over $16B refinery company and another $2B fertilizer plant built in Lagos cannot claim to be the one tributing to the income of LSG. And let me ask, what is the population of Igbos in Lagos apart from the Yorubas who are indegenes compared to other tribes and nationalities in Lagos?

Stop saying trash about the 1967 civil war which you brought upon yourselves as the reason your region is lagging behind. Even Japan that was nuked by the US are a world power now.

Bunch of illiterates, always claiming what they are not.

Lol
I know you people like you will read to castigate and not understand
I didn’t even bring bring up the rubbish you’re typing in my points shows you lack simple comprehension
Note: I’m not of the stock who claim Igbos built Lagos as I don’t agree
However, that you don’t see the commerce these Igbos contribute in Lagos with your 2 x 2 gibberish is deceitful
1. I mentioned the largest ultramodern market in Africa was built by a small section of Igbos (about 5%) without a dime from any Govt. Is there any market that eats that?
. Coscharis is where I beg? Lots of Igbo businesses their contributing; and that 2 x 2 shops generate more money than the Danfos where the NURTW guys make their daily bread from and yes most non-Igbos are joining to own even 1 x 1 shops now in markets
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
tujays:
so you think Kano people dont contribute a huge sum In lagos IGR? where is Dangote from?? where is Bua from? where is Dantata from and most Bureau de change Abokis from? ? just because Lagos generates the largest Igr doesn't mean it's generated by Lagos Indigenes. The IGR comes from different part of Nigerians due to Lagos being the gateway to Nigeria. go school una no go go gree..

Olodo use ur brain. We are talking of IGR remitted by states, not individuals. There are also millions of Igbos in Kano with loads of businesses and they pay taxes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ISWAP Mobilising RPGs, AA Guns, GPMGS, Fighters To Attack Katsina, Lagos - NSCDC / APC, PDP, Civil Society, INEC Disagreed Over Card Reader Performance In Kano / Senate Warns Charly Boy, Protesters: "Leave Buhari Alone Immediately"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.