Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,343 members, 7,829,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others (25169 Views)

Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
https://dailytrust.com/igr-lagos-leads-as-fct-beats-rivers-kano-33-others
This IGR thing confuses some People. Just because state A has a higher IGR than state B, doesnt mean state A has a higher GDP than state B. It just means state A government taxes businesses and peoples of the state more to generate revenue; while state B does not.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Tareq1105: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2021
DanHaske:
Some things we need to consider, someone works with MTN and is based in Gombe, his pay check gets prepared in Lagos and he is payed from there. Which state does his taxes get remitted to? Lagos.
Most bank staff are outsourced and almost all outsource companies are based in Lagos. Who do they remit the income tax of their company to?

No, you're wrong.

PAYE is paid to the state of residence and not the headquarters of the company.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by TimeTraveller: 9:12am On Nov 10, 2021
Manbryto:

Fool.....is IGR meant to be contributed to any national purse. Hate will make you keep spewing rubbish. IGR fully belong to states

Ya Papa na fooool
Ya mama na foooler
Ya entire family are foolish

Fact remains, the SE contributes NOTHING to our GDP. Absolutely NOTHING.
All the noise is famzing you guys do with the SouthSouth who are actually Naija's breadwinners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Tareq1105: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
https://dailytrust.com/igr-lagos-leads-as-fct-beats-rivers-kano-33-others

My Ogun State is number 4 behind Lagos, FCT, Rivers State yet the roads are in terrible state.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
please answer this question. can you compare Kano state with Johannesburg?

The topic is about IGR in Nigeria, not in South Africa.

If you are going to compare, compare Kano with SE states. Kano's IGR is larger than the whole of SE, face your precarious situation in Nigeria and stop lamenting over a foreign country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Academicwizman(m): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2021
kayusely70:
The governor is bereft of ideas and clueless. He's a ethnic champion concentrating most projects in his axis of the state.

Ethnic champion? Somebody spreading construction of local roads across the State Then, what do we call the immediate past Governor that his project is highly concentrated in the State capital (Abeokuta) while other zones watched helplessly? Style of governance can't be the same for two individuals. For comparison, the immediate past Governor focused on cities while this governor priortises local development.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2021
eas01:

This IGR thing confuses some People. Just because state A has a higher IGR than state B, doesnt mean state A has a higher GDP than state B. It just means state A government taxes businesses and peoples of the state more to generate revenue; while state B does not.

No, it means state A's economy and tax base is larger than state B's economy and tax base.

You can not tax a tax base that doesn't exist to generate massive IGR, your economy and tax base must be able to sustain taxation.

State B not taxing as it should is incompetence and abdication of responsibilities.

You got it all backward..

3 Likes

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Advocate500: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
It has always been, when south west leads, others will follow including the zone of imaginary billionaires of crimes and criminality
don't choke with pain oga ,life is too short to live in pain and envy.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2021
bankyblue:
These northern state with this small small income need to be found o
You didn't see bayelsa and abia there abi? Contunue
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Jonakez(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2021
Why won't Lagos get high IGR when all investment is there?....when the "wicked power that be" chose to suffer other states, particularly EASTERN NIGERIA, by allowing only ONE SEA PORT in LAGOS to be functional?
It's SO UNFORTUNATE!!!
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Seunpaul01(m): 9:46am On Nov 10, 2021
seeker121:
Don't know why Ogun state can't come second or third considering it proximity with Lagos.My state is just blessed with unfortunate and clueless governors.To make matter worst they brought another clueless being PDA to steer it affairs.A good governor will focus on how to increase the IGR because a good road network between Lagos and Ogun will contribute to that.But it seems we no get luck when it comes to roads the matter don even tire Mathias sef.

Ogun na 4th on the list but, still, it's a pathetic thing.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by oyatz(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s] please stop posting this rubbish IGR. It has no impact in the lives of ordinary Nigerians. No state in Nigeria is doing well. All 36 states in Nigeria are hopelessly useless. Which state in Nigeria can compete with Johannesburg infrastructure? Abeg make we see road

What percentage of the citizens of Nigeria act and work with the right ethics like the citizens of South Africa do?

No country develops on its own. Their citizens make the countries what they are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
What happened to Kano? Why Kano at
average not at high table.Kano just get population but no good IGR...what a
shame
kaduna pass Kano... Kano that's the commercial capital of the North should be rubbing shoulders with Lagos...

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by benuejosh: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
eas01:

That is not what you should say. I expected you to say that its not surprising considering abuja is the capital of Nigeria. Nigeria is economically centralized. All monies flow through abuja. Without the FCT abuja is a desert backwater.
We are always saying the same thing. I am coming from the aspect of taxes, fines and levies.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Geeman2006: 10:13am On Nov 10, 2021
tujays:
You don't really know KD, Kaduna was once one of the most Industrialized state In Nigeria before all the Various textiles littered all over shut down. still on still Kd is home to Nigeria Breweries, Kaduna Refinery, Peugeot Automobile just to name a few.. don't underrate Kd my friend.

I did my secondary school in kd, so I know kd well enough. But I will tell you for a fact that the Industries in Kaduna are not upto what you would obtain in Kano. Kano should be 2nd to Lagos or Ogun state in industrial progress but when you have leadership without focus that's what you settle for. Do your research and find out. El-rufai is doing a good job there though.

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2021
oyatz:

What percentage of the citizens of Nigeria act and work with the right ethics like the citizens of South Africa do?

No country develops on its own. Their citizens make the countries what they are.
are we actually making that efforts to develop? Look at the North. What have they done in the last 20 years that can show that they actually want to move forward. Because going by what I have seen, Nigeria as it is now is structured to favour them. The bulk of the blame of Nigerias failures goes to them.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 10:21am On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

The topic is about IGR in Nigeria, not in South Africa.

If you are going to compare, compare Kano with SE states. Kano's IGR is larger than the whole of SE, face your precarious situation in Nigeria and stop lamenting over a foreign country.

if you don't understand what I wrote please kindly pass. It's too early to start explaining myself to someone who is an adult but reasons like a child.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by oyatz(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
are we actually making that efforts to develop? Look at the North. What have they done in the last 20 years that can show that they actually want to move forward. Because going by what I have seen, Nigeria as it is now is structured to favour them. The bulk of the blame of Nigerias failures goes to them.

Well, the North may wallow in underdevelopment but they are NOT the reasons why Osun, Ekiti, Delta, Anambra, Bayelsa ,Abia and all Southern States haven't developed as they should.

What are the majority of the people in the above named States doing that can catapult their States into the ranks of developed world in the next 5-10years?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by seeker121(m): 10:56am On Nov 10, 2021
Honestly that guy is a pushover he knew nothing about governance and politics.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by seeker121(m): 10:57am On Nov 10, 2021
So pathetic considering our proximity with Lagos.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by seeker121(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2021
The matter tire me I swear.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
if you don't understand what I wrote please kindly pass. It's too early to start explaining myself to someone who is an adult but reasons like a child.

If you don't understand the topic, exit the thread, the topic is about IGR in Nigeria, so why are you asking irrelevant question about IGR in South Africa? You don't know how to read or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2021
oyatz:

Well, the North may wallow in underdevelopment but they are NOT the reasons why Osun, Ekiti, Delta, Anambra, Bayelsa ,Abia and all Southern States haven't developed as they should.

What are the majority of the people in the above named States doing that can catapult their States into the ranks of developed world in the next 5-10years?
how does a state develop when the resources in your land are held by the FG? How does a state develop when people who are supposed to have sense are bickering over VAT? What exactly is development to you when the standard of education has been reduced to the level of the North? In Anambra where I am from which is the most industrialized state in the SE doesn't generate its own electricity? Even the airport that was built needed permission from Abuja before it could start operation. No state in Nigeria can surpass Lagos with the type of democracy we are running. And Lagos is a shit hole compared to other African states. Just like all the 36 states are useless combined.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

If you don't understand the topic, exit the thread, the topic is about IGR in Nigeria, so why are you asking irrelevant question about IGR in South Africa? You don't know how to read or what?

And like I said. IGR doesn't reflect in the lives of average Nigerians. How is that difficult to understand? You gloat about igr and the whole country is a mess. Even the almighty Lagos that has the backing of the FG for several years which to me generates an artificial IGR cannot compete with it's mates infrastructure wise in Africa. A state that generates IGR using thugs? Abeg....
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
how does a state develop when the resources in your land are held by the FG? How does a state develop when people who are supposed to have sense are bickering over VAT? What exactly is development to you when the standard of education has been reduced to the level of the North? In Anambra where I am from which is the most industrialized state in the SE doesn't generate its own electricity? Even the airport that was built needed permission from Abuja before it could start operation. No state in Nigeria can surpass Lagos with the type of democracy we are running. And Lagos is a shit hole compared to other African states. Just like all the 36 states are useless combined.

I'd' understand this upside down point if the rich oil producing states with all their oil wealth, derivations, allocations and NDDC billions are actually properly managed and have something to show for their wealth, the SS are all top 5 indebted states in Nigeria, Rivers is the second most indebted after Lagos.

It's not always about money or resources, it's all about competent leadership.

Lagos is not a shithole, you think it is and when you think and reason like a shithole, it means shithole is a reflection of your own personal shithole.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
And like I said. IGR doesn't reflect in the lives of average Nigerians. How is that difficult to understand? You gloat about igr and the whole country is a mess. Even the almighty Lagos that has the backing of the FG for several years which to me generates an artificial IGR cannot compete with it's mates infrastructure wise in Africa. A state that generates IGR using thugs? Abeg....

That is your own personal and ridiculous opinion because IGR reflects in my life when I go to IGR funded hospital, drive on roads and bridges built with my IGR, go to hospitals and maternity centers built with my IGR, live in housing estates built with my IGR, when LASEMA shows up to save my life, when I collect my salary and make my rent and even put food on my table.

See, you are not making any sense, just speak for yourself.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

I'd' understand this upside down point if the rich oil producing states with all their oil wealth, derivations, allocations and NDDC billions are actually properly managed and have something to show for their wealth, the SS are all top 5 indebted states in Nigeria, Rivers is the second most indebted after Lagos.

It's not always about money or resources, it's all about competent leadership.

Lagos is not a shithole, you think it is and when you think and reason like a shithole, it means shithole is a reflection of your own personal shithole.

How many times has Tinubu used any hospital in Lagos? lets stop celebrating mediocrity. and this idea of trying to think positive is actually irritating
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 11:33am On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

That is your own personal and ridiculous opinion because IGR reflects in my life when I go to IGR funded hospital, drive on roads and bridges built with my IGR, go to hospitals and maternity centers built with my IGR, live in housing estates built with my IGR, when LASEMA shows up to save my life, when I collect my salary and make my rent and even put food on my table.

See, you are not making any sense, just speak for yourself.
you can never get it. have a wonderful day
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by oyatz(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:

Despite many excuses, Anambra and other States can generate their own electricity (e.g for an industrial estate). They only need to join the National Grid if the amount of electricity will be above 1 MW.

Each State has land which can be used for Commercial Agriculture.

Even the control of minerals by the FG is more on paper than reality.

Anambra had Clay and Rocks which are mineral resources which can be used to produce ceramics and glass without the FG disturbing them.

There are so many opportunities available for States to develop but we don't have Governors that think deeply on how to develop the economy of their States.

Each State has its own educational sector with many primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.

They can develop their educational standards to educate their people and leave the North with the falling standards of education.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by codemaniacs: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:

IGR reflects in the lives of people working for the state government and it's agencies not the lives of people in the private sector, unemployed ( most states in Nigeria don't pay unemployment ) and sole proprietorships e.t.c

State housing is been built, state hospitals are been built, bridges are been built, state primary and secondary schools are been built and renovated, children hospitals are been built. State recreational parks and centers are been built.e.t.c

In summary
IGR will reflect in the lives of state government employees and infrastructure in the state.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by oyatz(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
galaxy2020:
Restructure the country and you will see all states working hard, all these figures are not the true figures.

What are the true figures sir?

#You guys only accept Statistics that portray your States in good light.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Spherical77(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
kayusely70:
The governor is bereft of ideas and clueless. He's a ethnic champion concentrating most projects in his axis of the state.
So i heard

The man is just annoying seriously.. sadly, he might still have his way running the second term

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Finebone Defects To PDP / Video Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's Visit To Bola Tinubu In Abuja / Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.