Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others (25174 Views)

Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 / Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Manbryto(m): 7:50am On Nov 10, 2021
TimeTraveller:
When I say SE contribute NOTHING, they attack me
Fool.....is IGR meant to be contributed to any national purse. Hate will make you keep spewing rubbish. IGR fully belong to states
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by skj1377(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2021
Your wrong. If mtn is based in gombe they have to declear number of staff and salary of each staff to gombe state revenue board. Your tax clearance will be generated from there.same applies to other states in nigeria including NGO staffs.
DanHaske:
Some things we need to consider, someone works with MTN and is based in Gombe, his pay check gets prepared in Lagos and he is payed from there. Which state does his taxes get remitted to? Lagos.
Most bank staff are outsourced and almost all outsource companies are based in Lagos. Who do they remit the income tax of their company to?

5 Likes

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by MrSly(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:
Lagos State a.k.a Centre of Excellence..

Asiwaju Tinubu is gifted honestly, how he was able to manage Lagos when Obasanjo refused to pay Lagos State allocation for years from bad advice from his Igbo and Northern friends is commendable. How many South East states can survive without allocation for a year? None!

Professor Osibanjo, Fashola and others in his team are also gifted.. infact Lagos leaders are reliable, tested and trustworthy. Reason Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB urchins wanted to burn down Lagos last year. Oju ti gbogbo won, awon abinu eni.
Miserable slaves. Just talking with no brain. The Eastern state, especially the part known now as south east survived three years of brutal and unjust war bedevilled by so many war crimes.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by wallrichy: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Omg! So many illiterates vagabond on Nairaland. Can you read this shit yourself and digest it properly? You are ranting like a dog with rabbies virus. Please keep your stupidity to yourself and don't let anybody here you.

In South West....minus Lagos......their total IGR is still far greater than South East combined. Can't you fathom that?

What's the big deal in a city getting scanty during festive period. Does that equate the analysis based on IGR?

In business Academy, a good business man pitch his business closer to where he gets his raw material or where he has a comparative advantage to make a quick turnaround. Most Ibos are good business men and they know and accept that policy, that's too he reason you see many Ibos in Lagos and South West in general but that doesn't mean that they deal in solitude. An average Ibos businessman understand the technicality of demand and supply very well unlike street urchins like you with hates written all over your ugly face....Anyway, Rejoice for my brother, Soludo the Solution has come to make us beat Lagos in development and Infrastructures....

ensamy:

Keep quiet and say what your chicken brain knows. Don't you know igbos are the one that pay the taxes from imports and other taxes in Lagos that made Lagos state to have the highest IGR, do yorubas have businesses aside from tailoring ?? Lagos is what it is because of the presence of Igbo business men. During festive December period don't you see the reality of Lagos state when most igbos travel home ?? ehh chicken brain. Name one or two yorubas that pay import taxes in Lagos and other taxes.
Same thing happens to FCT during festive December period when igbos travel for Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by flokii: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2021
ensamy:

Keep quiet and say what your chicken brain knows. Don't you know igbos are the one that pay the taxes from imports and other taxes in Lagos that made Lagos state to have the highest IGR, do yorubas have businesses aside from tailoring ?? Lagos is what it is because of the presence of Igbo business men. During festive December period don't you see the reality of Lagos state when most igbos travel home ?? ehh chicken brain. Name one or two yorubas that pay import taxes in Lagos and other taxes.
Same thing happens to FCT during festive December period when igbos travel for Christmas.

Move your import taxes to Anambra and Ebonyi so your poverty stricken states in SE too can have IGR.. no be nwa boy your people dey do up and down in Lagos? buy gala buy lacasera.. yeye!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Aganju849: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
In my opinion these states with high IGR
should no longer be giving monthly
allocation,instead let them make do with
there IGR, and remmit 10% of their IGR to
the FG.

Na you wise pass o...make monkey dey work make baboon dey chop

Instead of advocating for full fiscal federalism/resource control, so that all those big-bellied senators and long-necked Mai-Gaskiya people will not be reaping where they did not sow. I guess you're an Hausa-Fula anyway so it figures
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by virginchaser(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Ogun used to be third on the list. It's high time Dapo and Amosun come to table and exchange notes if they truly love their people and the state. What was Amosun doing right at the economic angle that needs to be improved on?

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:03am On Nov 10, 2021
seeker121:
Don't know why Ogun state can't come second or third considering it proximity with Lagos.My state is just blessed with unfortunate and clueless governors.To make matter worst they brought another clueless being PDA to steer it affairs.A good governor will focus on how to increase the IGR because a good road network between Lagos and Ogun will contribute to that.But it seems we no get luck when it comes to roads the matter don even tire Mathias sef.

Honestly, I weep for my state and the entire people of Ogun State when I look into the matter of Ogun State. Anyways, we tried our best to tell the people of Ogun State in 2019 not to vote for Daru Dapo!
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by olatuns2017: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
https://dailytrust.com/igr-lagos-leads-as-fct-beats-rivers-kano-33-others

Igbos must read this

Pls it's vital for your hatred for Tinubu and SW

We stand gidigba

In case of in case citi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by loswhite(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2021
ManirBK:
In my opinion these states with high IGR
should no longer be giving monthly
allocation,instead let them make do with
there IGR, and remmit 10% of their IGR to
the FG.
This must be a very stupid way to reason. If you make some citizens of this country leaders...lol. They will destroy the country in less than 6 months

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by rhektor(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s] please stop posting this rubbish IGR. It has no impact in the lives of ordinary Nigerians. No state in Nigeria is doing well. All 36 states in Nigeria are hopelessly useless. Which state in Nigeria can compete with Johannesburg infrastructure? Abeg make we see road
Why you dey vex? Is it because your state performance was woeful?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by flokii: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2021
Safyqueen:

Stop the boasting please. Nobody is gifted to generate IGR. The proximity to ocean and headquarters effect is the gift which of course comes from nature. The same effect is what is seen in Rivers. Nothing special this governors are doing that their counterparts cannot do elsewhere to improve their IGR.

This is one of the stupidity inherent in this Buhari government. He gave the west the control of Nigeria economics, they systematically hijack other zones from development. How do you give a lawyer ministries of power, work and housing? They made sure port Harcourt and Calabar sea ports does not see the light of the day because the Ibos, the major importers will divert their business from Lagos, they made sure Ajaokuta steel plant does not come up because they believe it will solidify industrialization bedrock for the North. Fashola made sure mambila power plant remain a mirage because if the north has power independent, her growth will be astronomical due to their population advantage.

We all know this but they have captured Buhari and today he has been destroyed, integrity failed, he is seen to be nepotic while his zones suffers more in all ramification.

Buhari's projects in the west alone is three times his projects in the entire north put together.

That's why Buhari is a failure completely.

You're just being insincere and tribalistic..

What do you expect Fashola to do when the system is corrupt? did past ministers of power, works and housing achieve much?

I thought Igbos claimed Goodluck Jonathan fixed all the roads in the South East and South South during his 6 years, what happened? did they suddenly go bad when he left office or what??

You won't mention Ogbonnaya Onu, minister of science and tech. or Chris Ngige, minister of labour or Emefiele, CBN governor because they are your people.. which impact are they making with their various portfolios? nothing but Igbos won't torchlight them.

You fo0l noone but yourselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by KaluwisxPRO: 8:08am On Nov 10, 2021
adamsmith914:
Abia State Home of ipob 7 billion Naira only? Mazi Kanu is a very stupid man, isn’t he aware that charity begins @ home?

Whole of North East is is what Delta Generate monthly? Compare Kano and Abia individually with all the populations in Kano.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2021
rhektor:

Why you dey vex? Is it because your state performance was woeful?
How has your useless state impacted your life?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2021
shigishege:
Ehhn then go the state that has all these now abi dem force you to stay in Lagos??
you see why sense will continue to be far from you?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by KaluwisxPRO: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2021
skj1377:
Your wrong. If mtn is based in gombe they have to declear number of staff and salary of each staff to gombe state revenue board. Your tax clearance will be generated from there.same applies to other states in nigeria including NGO staffs.

That is not the case with Nigeria.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2021
flokii:

I accused IPOB because we have the evidence of Uche Mefor and Nnamdi Kanu asking Igbos to destroy Yoruba businesses in Lagos and bring down the government of Lagos which they did.
The FG also accused IPOB for the carnage and destructions in Lagos so no amount of sweet talk can absolve Igbos of the blame. Even if you go to US courts, Kanu would be found guilty and jailed with his audio tapes and radio broadcast inciting violence on Lagos.

You lots are just lucky Yorubas didn't retaliate by burning Arise Tv, Ait and Igbo properties in Lagos. We'll allow the law take its course but won't allow a second attack by Igbos on Lagos.

Oga don't be stupid, put your evidence online or better still go to the law enforcement agencies. This is an online forum not where you spread lies. bring the evidence here that says Uche Mefor and Kanu said it verbatim that igbos should burn business and explain to me how Yoruba people and touts who burnt properties in Lagos are now Igbos.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2021
wallrichy:
One eye man is the king in the land of the blinds.. That's the story of Lagos State..You said it all....No states in Nigeria is doing well at all while the Nigeria as a country has become a regional entanglement of Fulanis and their Hausas slaves. I really wish this country will work but wishes aren't horses for beggar to ride anyway.

we have not even seen the potential of Lagos because other states have been suppressed so that Lagos can be what it is now. No functional ports that can rival it. Nigeria is just a messed up place.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

The same weak, baseless and lame argument.

All the things you people are lamenting over were there before 1999 when Lagos State was generating measly N500 Million until Tinubu came and make leadership changes and creative methods to get the IGR to where it is today.

IGR is not by magic, you have to work for it, you have to come up with sound and vibrant economic policies to generate investments, create jobs and expand tax base.

You can not say you are rich because you have oil in the ground, you have to work and dig the oil out of the ground.

Abi why is Kaduna competing with Rivers and their massive oil wealth?

Is Kaduna also the defacto commercial center where import come first into the country?

You people really need to stop with these childish and embarrassing comments..

You again with this your stupid and feeble attempt at laundering this man's image. Tell me what has the so called IGR done in your life? You are still here throwing nonsense online in the name of being sophisticated. Oga go and rest and get yourself a decent job and stop trying to justify the peanuts your paymasters pay you to spread hate

1 Like

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by lagdmark(m): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2021
IGR is only on paper. No state, not even the federal government is viable.
CBN. is just packing the Naira.
No state in Nigeria can provide social welfare program for the citizens
Unemployment very very High. and medical services is not available.
And you say the states and federal government are doing well. how?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by flokii: 8:20am On Nov 10, 2021
dapolaw:
All the states of the developers did N51.1bn while ordinary Ogun state did N54bn.... You can see the reason why I don't always take them serious on nairaland.

This is why Yorubas need to wake up and make Yorubas reap the benefits of these huge IGRs, we must keep the wealth among Yorubas.. by so doing, these parasites and refugees from whereever will go back to develop their lands and think of how to attract investments there.

We saw what happened in Lagos when outsiders staged an attack under the guise of EndSars protests to cripple Lagos economy.. expect more of such in other SW states if Yorubas don't wake up now and act fast.

We must ditch this idea of being accomodators and politically correct all the time. Now it's South West for progress, strictly SW agenda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by faste: 8:23am On Nov 10, 2021
That is less than $2b ...Nigeria too poor abeg!
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by virginchaser(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2021
Something fundamentally wrong in Rivers state IGR declaration considering what Obi Akpor and PHC city LGAs are generating or capable to generate. More work needs to be done or probably wetin I sabi self?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2021
obynzo:

You again with this your stupid and feeble attempt at laundering this man's image. Tell me what has the so called IGR done in your life? You are still here throwing nonsense online in the name of being sophisticated. Oga go and rest and get yourself a decent job and stop trying to justify the peanuts your paymasters pay you to spread hate

Last time I checked, Lagos state's IGR built roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, pay salaries, build houses, funds life-saving agencies like LASEMA and other benefits beyond, so what you should have done is ask Lagosians if they are not benefiting from what I listed.

See, why people like you spew your usual hateful and bitter rubbish, I see nothing but hateful and bitter people from failed states with horrible and useless leaders in the SE crying out for help, also letting us know how sad and pained they are to see Lagos and the SW doing better than their hopeless states.

Btw, if Lagos is bad, how worse is your own village... ?

The joke is always on you hateful, bitter and frustrated villagers..
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by plaindealer: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2021
meccuno:
we have not even seen the potential of Lagos because other states have been suppressed so that Lagos can be what it is now. No functional ports that can rival it. Nigeria is just a messed up place.

Kaduna is also one of the top 5 IGR states so who gave Kaduna ports and suppressed other states to give Kaduna larger IGR than 31 states in Nigeria?

Kano at number 7 nko? Who gave Kano seaport to give them more IGR than the whole of SE?

You are not helping yourself by playing the victim and coming up with lame and bogus excuses to gloss over your poor states and incompetent leaders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by TheSalient: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2021
I was about to say the same, I really wonder how my governor continues to give emphatic gestures, "no money", when he is being asked why the roads are bad. Ogun people need to be wise seriously, no vote if some roads are not done, especially that Sango Ota road.
seeker121:
Don't know why Ogun state can't come second or third considering it proximity with Lagos.My state is just blessed with unfortunate and clueless governors.To make matter worst they brought another clueless being PDA to steer it affairs.A good governor will focus on how to increase the IGR because a good road network between Lagos and Ogun will contribute to that.But it seems we no get luck when it comes to roads the matter don even tire Mathias sef.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by meccuno: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2021
plaindealer:

Kaduna is also one of the top 5 IGR states so who gave Kaduna ports and suppressed other states to give Kaduna larger IGR than 31 states in Nigeria?

Kano at number 7 nko? Who gave Kano seaport to give them more IGR than the whole of SE?

You are not helping yourself by playing the victim and coming up with lame and bogus excuses to gloss over your poor states and incompetent leaders.
please answer this question. can you compare Kano state with Johannesburg?
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Gaabasky: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2021
Imagine. The highest IGR generated state in the Northern states aside Kaduna and Abuja is Kwara state with the least LG areas.

No factory, no big market.

May God bless the state.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by dapolaw(m): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2021
That is just the way it is, even with the love that we have shown them... What did they give us in returns? Hatred,insults and curses. They are just ungrateful lots.

flokii:

This is why Yorubas need to wake up and make Yorubas reap the benefits of these huge IGRs, we must keep the wealth among Yorubas.. by so doing, these parasites and refugees from whereever will go back to develop their lands and think of how to attract investments there.

We saw what happened in Lagos when outsiders staged an attack under the guise of EndSars protests to cripple Lagos economy.. expect more of such in other SW states if Yorubas don't wake up now and act fast.

We must ditch this idea of being accomodators and politically correct all the time. Now it's South West for progress, strictly SW agenda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by Freebills12: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
flokii:
Lagos State a.k.a Centre of Excellence..

Asiwaju Tinubu is gifted honestly, how he was able to manage Lagos when Obasanjo refused to pay Lagos State allocation for years from bad advice from his Igbo and Northern friends is commendable. How many South East states can survive without allocation for a year? None!

Professor Osibanjo, Fashola and others in his team are also gifted.. infact Lagos leaders are reliable, tested and trustworthy. Reason Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB urchins wanted to burn down Lagos last year. Oju ti gbogbo won, awon abinu eni.

In your small brain you have forgotten that Dr Benjamin Akabueze the Director of budgeting now, was the commissioner of finance in Lagos when Asiwaju Tinubu was the governor? He was the person that saved Lagos and made it what it is now... Judging from your premise.
Re: IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others by eas01: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2021
benuejosh:
With the high population in Abuja I don't doubt it.
That is not what you should say. I expected you to say that its not surprising considering abuja is the capital of Nigeria. Nigeria is economically centralized. All monies flow through abuja. Without the FCT abuja is a desert backwater.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bandits Release Three Kaduna-Abuja Train Victims / Army, Gunmen Clash In Abia Communities / ISWAP Mobilising RPGs, AA Guns, GPMGS, Fighters To Attack Katsina, Lagos - NSCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.