Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In (1814 Views)

Governor Aminu Tambuwal & New Wife Maryam's Love Story / I’ll Sack The 22 APC Chairmen Elected In Rivers – Wike / Gov Ahmed Re Elected In Kwara, As APC Clears The 28 Assembly Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by dotman(m): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2011
hope he is the new speaker and not the new bank-dissappointing child-ole

Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by dotman(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2011
dnt put all our money inside that mouth oo

Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by dotman(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2011
na wa oo, why is he dis happy

Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by tpia5: 11:18am On Jun 07, 2011
Does he have family and can we learn more about them?
Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by Jarus(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2011
He's from Tambuwal(along Jega-Sokoto road), a town I know as a corper in Sokoto state few years ago.
He lives in Sokoto though. As a corper then I used to see children of Sokoto politicians(esp the Abuja-based ones that leave their families at home) flashing all manners of posh cars in teh town, on campuses etc. I remember some of those cars being numbered NASS, MHR, Senate etc and obviously users being children of these Senators and Reps, but I don't think Tambuwal(at 41 then) would have had grown-up children and his children less likely to be among these spoilt brats.

Politics being the major business there, it appears to me the game there is 'my father has higher post than yours' because I don't see why a Senator's son will be using car marked NASS on campus.
Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by snowdrops(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2011
Him and his family are rejoicing because they have come into a life of luxury. he is going to loot the treasury dry just as his predecessors did, and then get away with it. opari.
Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by johnie: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
tpia@:

Does he have family and can we learn more about them?

I am more concerned about this (from the Punch of 2007) than about his family:

Aminu Tambuwal
Tambuwal is the Deputy Chief Whip of the House. A lawyer by training, he represents Kebbe/Tambwal federal constituency of Sokoto State . He was an All Nigeria Peoples Party lawmaker until a few months to the April 2007 election, when he defected to the PDP. Tambuwal took over from Dr Ahmed Salik as the ANPP leader in the House in 2005 - a change the party never recognised. He dumped the ANPP for the PDP at the behest of former Governor Bafarawa of Sokoto decamping to DPP. He returned to the ANPP when DPP denied all the Sokoto lawmakers ticket during the primaries that preceded the April election. Eventually, the ANPP gave him a ticket for election, only for him to defect to the PDP when Alhaji Aliyu Wamakko, the then ANPP governorship candidate, was lured out of the party with a PDP governorship ticket. He was a well-known lawmaker and a reliable opposition voice in the chamber until he changed political camps.

Tambuwal came to the House in 2003. He is a progressive and sophisticated schemer.  He was part of those who fought against the then ANPP leader, Ahmed Salik, during the early days of the Masari era. He is a well-informed lawyer and knows how to stay away from controversy. In the thick of Ettehgate, he withdrew from public glare and preferred to scheme from the shadows. That may have accounted for his surviving as the Deputy Chief Whip.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2007111713175271
Re: Pictures Ofaminu Tambuwal, New Speaker After He Was Elected In by johnie: 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2011
johnie:

Tambuwal came to the House in 2003. He is a progressive and sophisticated schemer.   He is a well-informed lawyer and knows how to stay away from controversy. In the thick of Ettehgate, he withdrew from public glare and preferred to scheme from the shadows. That may have accounted for his surviving as the Deputy Chief Whip.

He seems to have a knack for "stepping up" in the face of scandals that allegedly involve him.

He stepped up from being the Deputy Chief Whip to the Chief Whip from the Ettegate which is now clear was nothing but a mere power game.
He has stepped up to the position of Speaker from Chief Whip despite being mentioned as a major actor in the N10B House scandal.

I hear that he and the new deputy speaker actually slept in the House to evade arrest on Sunday night!

I fear o.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Are Descendants Of The 12 Lost Tribes--bbc News (not) / Sen.chuba-okadigbo Margery Chibogu / Federal Government Approves N42bn For Roads Rehabilitation And Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.