Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? (22981 Views)

When Did You Decide Your Relationship Was Over? / Two Mates Fall For Same Woman On Holiday And Both Decide To Date Her (Photos) / When Did You Decide That The Relationship Was Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by mixta140: 12:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
Because it was used against me and I lost things and people as a result. Considering the fact that I don't discuss myself with people, I don't know how I 'lose guard' with this one. She really dealt with me and was the one still consoling me before I got to know everything that happened.

Whenever I remember the whole incident, I fear people and the extent they can go. Because of this, I am extra careful with humans especially the very religious ones. They hide a lot under that disguise.
I am more careful with religious people ... they make one loose guard... they are very dangerous than street urchins

12 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Sheriman(m): 1:09am On Nov 16, 2021
Mercychen:
I confided in one local champion just because she's older and married. I felt she'll be very sensible.
After I stopped buying things from her, she went and told the woman what I told her.

This was during the lockdown. that boredom wanted to finish me. Since then, I stopped relating with people. I avoid people like a plague. Even when they try to warm up to me, i just stylishly avoid them.

Na human being be that oooo. We are very wicked set of creatures

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Xenry:

And you want me to open up my story to the World on this thread??

You sef, tell us your own story

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by purples25(f): 1:30am On Nov 16, 2021
People deliberately hurt you when you open up to them. Only few have the depth of character to respect you despite your revelations and proffer advice, not abuse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nicoddemus(m): 2:14am On Nov 16, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
The only people I open up to are people that I know can help me solve my problem. If you can’t proffer me a solution, forget about it.

When I’m in a very tough situation, I tell just my parents.

I have one principle I follow: If I tell you anything, it’s because I’m ok with other people hearing about it. When I don’t want anyone to know about it, I tell nobody
. That's the nature of most of you women. Very selfish individuals that have nothing to do with you unless it benefits them, tufiakwa!!! They'd always want you to go miles for them but will hardly life a finger for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Lee29: 3:36am On Nov 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm an atheist... I'll misconstrue the words of your fictional God as I please... undecided
You're not an atheist but simply a rebellious soul who refuse to submit to the supreme authority over all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by hopefulLandlord: 4:01am On Nov 16, 2021
SaveMeLord:

I cringe when people say with audacity that they are atheist

How dare say what they are? can't they just pretend to believe in Jewish mythology to blend in with the majority?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Johel(m): 4:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Xenry:

I stopped opening up to people the moment I knew "No one cares"... people are too fake and temporary...U are transparent to certain ones while they hide all from you...it's best you keep things to yourself and God alone...Cos man will always fail!,but God never fails.

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Echebaron(m): 4:36am On Nov 16, 2021
Goldbw122:
A secret shared is not a secret anymore.
Very simple!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by FanOfMyself: 4:47am On Nov 16, 2021
Ofadaman:
Told a close colleague I'd be resigning and moving to a new job gave him details about the new company, colleague legit sorted out my prospective employer info, and called them to inform them that he's also interested in the job and he has more to offer than me, since he's has more experience , dude also told them I lied about my achievements, new HR called me to inquire, I was shocked but the HR told me ,I need to be careful about whom I speak to about my job searched until I've signed an agreement.
Colleague also reported to my line supervisor who has made life really hard for me, even if I knew about his betrayal I've never mentioned to him that I know what he did, instead I just wonder how callous people can be, he constantly ask about the status of my new job and consoles me whenever my supervisor acts up.
Which tribe are you from and what's the tribe of this your friend.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Haakeem(m): 5:14am On Nov 16, 2021
iamyemiakins:
I naturally don't open up to people right from time except it auto-opens wink

The highest percentage I have for trusting people (no matter how close) is 20%
20% is too big 10 to 15% is mine.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Evidenx(m): 5:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Not everyone is gifted and trained to handle secrets, thank God for professionals like us,I know how many secrets that I will take out of this world especially the female's, if you know how to keep secrets many ladies will be your friends Because they can trust you some times they need someone to talk to.

Incase you need to talk to someone about that thing eating you up,please hit me up,I will do it for free for you as a nairalander
Free professional counseling service.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Vision101(m): 5:27am On Nov 16, 2021
#SaveMeLord
Mr ( undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided)

A Christian's period of depression can not be compared with an atheist. It is short term and they don't go around looking for crystal methamphetamine,sex or alcohol to feel alive again or to numb the depression.
Just some few words of prayer or Bible reading and we are ok ( Mr undecided undecided undecided junkie)

@me
Bravo..... you nailed it
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Vision101(m): 5:31am On Nov 16, 2021
@Datboredberry
Jesus didn't save your ancestors from being slaves... I don't believe some Arab ancestors holds any sort of love for you nor I... undecided

Just it's okay to believe so?

@me
The problem with atheists is that they claim not to believe in God but they believe in something

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
Jesus didn't save your ancestors from being slaves... I don't believe some Arab ancestors holds any sort of love for you nor I... undecided

Just it's okay to believe so?
Nigerian atheists are the funniest set of people in the world grin. An embarrassment to the global society of atheists. The most misinformed, misdirected and confused-as-hell wannabe bunch. I can't stop laughing o.

Y'all are nothing but a bandwagon of unintentional comedians, always on the offensive, consistently fighting, dragging, arguing, claiming they don't believe in God yet spending the entirety of their lives in back and forth ridiculous, ramble-studded arguments about God.

Look at this one right here. She even quotes the Bible to make her point. How shameful. Awon atheist, you're one of those that will start calling on God to "prove you wrong about his existence" whenever you're in some tight corner. Sis, rest. Atheism isn't a joke for gullible, confused kids.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by cayorday89(m): 5:43am On Nov 16, 2021
SeriouslySense:
cheesy Thats right, we also need a safe space to express our struggles, because in doing so, we may identify how to overcome it or confront it in a much more effective way.

So its better to share our struggles, with someone who has overcome struggles, and experts.

This exactly is my point, is it a secret? No. Do you still have to share it with every Tom, Dick and Harry? No. Reason is if you do you will either not get the solution, you become a person of pity which is not the plan initially or you are also told the person's struggle which could even be greater than yours. Do have a great day boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Zico777(m): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm an atheist... I'll misconstrue the words of your fictional God as I please... undecided
I'm an atheist
Obviously!

I'll misconstrue the words of your fictional God as I please... undecided

May He prove Himself in your life by making u see the light!
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Zico777(m): 5:58am On Nov 16, 2021
starbuck:
Nothing has made me stop opening up to people, I careless about your intentions towards me before or after whatever...

I am just a free spirited being and human words no longer get to me..
Good for u!
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you misconstrue what Jesus Christ said there as the same Jesus Christ said that what He tells us in secret, we should proclaim from the rooftops - Matthew 10 vs 27 & Luke 12 vs 3. The verse about not casting your pearls to swine simply instructs that we not the Truth(Gospel) to all - never meant we should keep things secret. undecided

The heart of man is desperately wicked indeed, but this because there hearts are filled with secrets, lies and deceit. Jeremiah 17 vs 5-11 undecided

Nowhere in scripture are you told that folding in on your self is the way of God, so learn to leave God out of these delusions you live on. undecided
Absolutely true
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Brushstrokes20: 6:01am On Nov 16, 2021
They used what I told them secretly against me... undecided

# love all, TRUST NONE!
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Zico777(m): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2021
BabaIbo:
Nothing has made me to stop opening up or expressing myself to people.

I dey yarn wetin dey my mind, if you like say anything afterwards, e no concern nor affect me.

Just as I take get my eyes on starbucks now, if she correspond good, if she doesn't good, but I don talk my mind.
Starbucks don get owner o!
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Zico777(m): 6:03am On Nov 16, 2021
wallay77:
Hmmm...something u can't keep to urself...nobody will keep it for u
Hmmm
Word!
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Haykinsofficial: 6:22am On Nov 16, 2021
iamtardey:
my last relationship, I really dived in, twas a pool with no water. I'm sorry

U dive into a water-less pool?! Shey u wear bra for face ni?
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by vinceyinnovation: 6:23am On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you misconstrue what Jesus Christ said there as the same Jesus Christ said that what He tells us in secret, we should proclaim from the rooftops - Matthew 10 vs 27 & Luke 12 vs 3. The verse about not casting your pearls to swine simply instructs that we not the Truth(Gospel) to all - never meant we should keep things secret. undecided

The heart of man is desperately wicked indeed, but this because there hearts are filled with secrets, lies and deceit. Jeremiah 17 vs 5-11 undecided

Nowhere in scripture are you told that folding in on your self is the way of God, so learn to leave God out of these delusions you live on. undecided

She quoted the scripture in this context rightly even though she is an atheist. The "pearls" are those things you hold valuable whether knowledge or material, do not bring it out to people who do not see it as valuable...
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by geementontop(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Well most of the time we open up to the wrong people who don't have what it takes to process and contain what you reveal to them .

So while not hold it to urself
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by GOCEO: 6:33am On Nov 16, 2021
abobote:
When two girls were pregnant for me and I was confused, the people I met for advise, only spread the news
Odogwu, i hail ooh
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by tolaswim: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2021
That's my biz
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2021
1Sharon:

No, my God is the flying spaghetti monster. The one true God. All other gods are impastas.

You serve a food monster? And you are happy? Say the truth. Are you really happy with your present master. A mere food monster undecided what has it done for you?
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Menesh: 6:46am On Nov 16, 2021
SaveMeLord:

I cringe when people say with audacity that they are atheist

Here we are. I, perhaps hate wishful thinking, false hope, and truths no one can demonstrate.

So get use to it. It may get to you one day when you open your mind-eyes and to see beyond your culture, societal norms and popular belief.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Babastrong(m): 6:49am On Nov 16, 2021
If you still give reason(s), it means you have not decided not to open up again. Lol.
LAW 3: CONCEAL YOUR INTENTIONS.
LAW 4: ALWAYS SAY LESS THAN NECESSARY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady In Australia Got A Car From Her Husband As Val Gift (Photos) / Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating / Download: Game Of Thrones - Season 1 , 8 (episode By Episode)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.