Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,474 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:25 AM

This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup (4133 Views)

OBJ Said Nigeria's Breakup Will Lead To ''Weak Republics''. He Was Right. / Lawan Mentions Those Behind Nigeria’s Breakup Plot / Jega: Prediction On Nigeria’s Breakup May Be Fulfilled (Punch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Zenithh:
This one is always rambling nonsense grin
Today he’s supporting the terrorist Ipob, tomorrow he’s frustrated,next tomorrow he wants to build a hospital in his community daring Ipob.
Zenithh were you not the one talking trash on my other thread, Okay, let me tell you I'm just like that black American Buhari hired to protest in US, he said anywhere he see black people protesting he joins, lol, IPOB people are my brothers, Buhari is deaf so I no dey too vex for him, I'm committed to my aim but I got chuck mouth for anything that got my attention, on a serious note I coach a football acedemy so I want to invest in things that makes life better in my own little way,

I have interest in improving life, but if I have a chance I would take a shot in politics, but Nigeria politics na rough play that's why I take some extra training and extra care not to step on many toe, you might be surprised that I could wake up tomorrow and write about the positive side of bandits, Abeg AlaIgbo can't afford much enmity this time around

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Ttalk: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

I had always known that and said that the North want to use Nigeria and dump her, you guys never believed in Nigeria one bit, you only needed the rest of us for independence that's why you guys hurriedly went and built your embassy in London, well it was later seized and today I think that's Nigerian embassy the thing is that in this country everyone knows exactly what the other is up to.

We Igbos have our own agenda, the war slowed everyone down but I think everyone is back at their initial plan and you think the West would get to that sufficiency lol, lagos sold you guys out by demanding VAT now FG is fully aware that everyone is back at something sinister, we Igbos now some of us are back at the original plan which was what Tafawa, Ahmedu Bello and Awolo feared the thing with Nigeria is that everyone is suspicious of the other.

The West cannot get to that Sufficiency instead Lagos woukd be decongest towards South South lol, we would all eat Western and Northern Solid minerals una think say na only una get sense, North just wish they can wake up and invade western Nigeria up to Lagos or Ondo but small Benue is giving them a run you see this country ba, division is far cause nobody is sone using Nigeria, we Igbos need Nigeria market, economy and if you give us a chance power is not a bad idea lol

I know your purpose of this sermon is to beg for presidency to be zone to your region, there's nothing wrong when your rightfully demand for it as every region is entitled to it, but the way you worship North as your Alfa and Omega is sickening, to you it is only North that can determine whether your region would stay or leave Nigeria, what slavery mentality makes you think other regions can't leave Nigeria, where were you when part of Bakassi was carved out of Nigeria, did Nigeria go to war?

Mind you and restrict your fear to your region, when it's time for SW to leave they would do so without seeking consent of anybody

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
tollyboy5:

Lagos needs decongestion truly,most population are constituting nuisance . we only need investors and believe me , no investor will leave his wealth in lagos to another region.
We only need the poor masses to find better options.

I've said it several times to my people that the Lagos we're building will send many to their villages.
Ogun state will be the next congested state in southwest, they're not just blessed with reasonable governors that's their problem.

Lagos has move away from depending on natural resources for wealth .
We're after digital wealth and we have the most tech guys in Nigeria. Digital wealth is the new gold bro.

Nigeria break up or not we'll benefit, thats what you're seeing playing toward 2023 presidency.
2023 with no bias mind should go to the Igbos but no be our business lol.
The only problem with 2023 is that some of us don't like tinubu as a president .
Immediately someone like osibanjo is the flag bearer we'll play our necessary politics. wink
Trust me next Yoruba president won't be like obasanjo a Hausa Yoruba president.

Next Yoruba president will give us what we deserve smiley Nigeria is a game let every region be smart and keep playing no one should expect pity
I have told people close to me that a Yoruba president by 2023 could be the ingredient to break up Nigeria, I hope if Tinubu or Osinbajo wins that they don't run away like Ogindipe

Yorubas don't have as much number in the Military like the Igbos abd as far as the South is concerned, the Igbos are closer to the minorities except for Edo abd maybe Ijaw you would find out that minority soldiers would fight where the Igbos are fighting.

As for me, I have elaborate plan to decongest Lagos especially of Igbo presence, by prioritising Eastern ports, and launching a food sufficiency campaign, once the youth here embrace agriculture, many would stay back to feed our population, there would eventually be hunger next year, as terrorism disrupt farming activities in the North and West which used to suply our food, we would have no option than to farm, once more youth take to farming which is multi billion industry, less and less would leave for Lagos and once we prioritise Eastern ports, lagos would ease of,

Well the dicey situation is that if Lagos is really decongest and we take to farming there is going to be serious ripples maybe the west and North can export their excess food that would use mostly land borders, Lagos port and economy could be a little impacted but I see Nigeria as a formal union of different countries, I see the Yorubas as our positive competitor so I have no practical emotions however if Lagos economy or general western or even Northern economies could be impacted by our policy changes in the East
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ttalk:

I know your purpose of this sermon is to beg for presidency to be zone to your region, there's nothing wrong when your rightfully demand for it as every region is entitled to it, but the way you worship North as your Alfa and Omega is sickening, to you it is only North that can determine whether your region would stay or leave Nigeria, what slavery mentality makes you think other regions can't leave Nigeria, where were you when part of Bakassi was carved out of Nigeria, did Nigeria go to war?

Mind you and restrict your fear to your region, when it's time for SW to leave they would do so without seeking consent of anybody
South West can not leave Nigeria without the help of the East likewise East can't leave without the support of the West the real danger is both leaving, and I tell you what, Southern Nigeria leaving is a call to war.

And South cant even unite for a start so you can feel yourselves but Southern unity would only get us to a war, one of us either East or West MUST have to stay back at first for the other to go maybe later when one is gone then the one that stayed behind can further demand independence and allies with the one that left much later, it is more about sacrifice here.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by dokyOloye: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

Nigeria would happen to you just same way Nigeria happened to him, But I will happen to Nigeria, all of you shouting here and there, haven't Nigeria happened to you, Oya go and break up na lol, make we dey catch cruise if you die, we go still fight say rice no reach us
You are a typical primitive African with a retrogressive brain.
Peeps like you are why d white man looks down on Africans.
Anytime Peeps talk about Nigeria separation ewu like you begin to talk about war and bloodshed. Same reasoning wt the uncircumcised, illiterate terrorists up north.
But Britain conducted referendum for Scotland just yesterday and not even a chicken died.
The UK exited European Union the other day,dem no kill fowl.
If I'm your father, I'll begin to organise DNA test for you cod Igbo ppl don't reason like you.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
uBuNiT:

"Real brutal war"
very inevitable.
Anyi ga akpu isi chere ya
The only preparation we need is food and patience, you can't go on outright confrontation, if you fight the North the West allies with them, if you fight with the west the North allies with them, if you fight with both of them they blockade us, let's just have food to eat everyday and watch what will happen
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
dokyOloye:

You are a typical primitive African with a retrogressive brain.
Peeps like you are why d white man looks down on Africans.
Anytime Peeps talk about Nigeria separation ewu like you begin to talk about war and bloodshed. Same reasoning wt the uncircumcised, illiterate terrorists up north.
But Britain conducted referendum for Scotland just yesterday and not even a chicken died.
The UK exited European Union the other day,dem no kill fowl.
If I'm your father, I'll begin to organise DNA test for you cod Igbo ppl don't reason like you.
Your own na to insult, Britain conducted referendum did your parliamentarian ask for referendum?, is Scotland's exit an existential threat to England?,

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by wealthyhenry(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
uBuNiT:
Guy I respect you a lot but this you post made no single sense.
Ikoro tu ebea

grin
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by dokyOloye: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

Your own na to insult, Britain conducted referendum did your parliamentarian ask for referendum?, is Scotland's exit an existential threat to England?,
When you were saying you will come to chop rice at your father's burial, I guess that was a very nice compliment in yiu place?
So SE exit is existential threat to the zoo?
Abeg,sail on
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
dokyOloye:

When you were saying you will come to chop rice at your father's burial, I guess that was a very nice compliment in yiu place?
So SE exit is existential threat to the zoo?
Abeg,sail on
Lol na that one dey vex you, so you love your life like this but want to send others to their early grave lol, sorry you no go die young.

The thing is South East is not the issue but the ripples effect, So you think if South East go, Niger Delta minorities would stay or Yorubas would stay, lol you are a joke, the moment South East go is the moment the entire Southern Nigeria follows and thats existential threat looming
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Ttalk: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

South West can not leave Nigeria without the help of the East likewise East can't leave without the support of the West the real danger is both leaving, and I tell you what, Southern Nigeria leaving is a call to war.

And South cant even unite for a start so you can feel yourselves but Southern unity would only get us to a war, one of us either East or West MUST have to stay back at first for the other to go maybe later when one is gone then the one that stayed behind can further demand independence and allies with the one that left much later, it is more about sacrifice here.

I had thought you are deep and thorough in your conviction but just discovered that you are just on another troll journey to keep yourself busy. I asked you why the North didn't wage war against Cameroun when Bakassi was carved out but you couldn't come up with any tangible response.

What makes you think East or West can't exist Nigeria without a war?

Why do you think West and East must form alliance for them to exist Nigeria?

What is North to your understanding, and what makes north powerful according to you than other region?

Nigeria is indeed very weak and foreign interest are still the ones holding the loose ends of the country together.
The weakness of Nigeria came to bear recently when few people from SS crippled the oil sector, the effect of which is still affecting our economy up till today.

Speak only for yourself because you are not fit to speak for your region not to talk of entire south

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Zenithh: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

Zenithh were you not the one talking trash on my other thread, Okay, let me tell you I'm just like that black American Buhari hired to protest in US, he said anywhere he see black people protesting he joins, lol, IPOB people are my brothers, Buhari is deaf so I no dey too vex for him, I'm committed to my aim but I got chuck mouth for anything that got my attention, on a serious note I coach a football acedemy so I want to invest in things that makes life better in my own little way,

I have interest in improving life, but if I have a chance I would take a shot in politics, but Nigeria politics na rough play that's why I take some extra training and extra care not to step on many toe, you might be surprised that I could wake up tomorrow and write about the positive side of bandits, Abeg AlaIgbo can't afford much enmity this time around
He say na talking trash on his other thread grin

Better focus on the things that will make u happy instead of joining jokers like Ipob and other jobless and hopeless Nairaland Ipob miscreants to cause violence. Goodluck
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ttalk:

I had thought you are deep and thorough in your conviction but just discovered that you are just on another troll journey to keep yourself busy. I asked you why the North didn't wage war against Cameroun when Bakassi was carved out but could come up with any tangible response.

What makes you think East or West can't exist Nigeria without a war?

Why do you think West and East must form alliance for them to exist Nigeria?

What is North to your understanding, and what makes north powerful according to you than other region?

Nigeria is indeed very weak and foreign interest are still the ones holding the loose ends of the country together.
The weakness of Nigeria came to forth recently when few people from SS crippled the oil sector, the effect of which is still affecting our economy up till today.

Speak only for yourself because you are not fit to speak for your region not to talk of entire south
We don't need to form Alliance but either of us may need to make sacrifices, Southern Cameroon left and even Bakasi left, Nigeria is still not landlocked, the entire Southern Nigeria leaving would leave the North landlocked,

South East can leave if we wanted becuase the North would still hold on to the smaller Niger Delta nations for access to the sea

I started with Igbo province, but if we exit, the North can do with those Niger Delta nations whatever they pleases, as for the West, would they be able to fight, this is where the issue is, that's why I don't advocate for breakup cause eventually some minority would be trapped, the North only wants access to the sea.

So if you want a seemingly peaceful breakup, the either the West stay and the East leave or the East leave and the West stay or we prepare for a war if we want all of southern Nigeria off
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by uBuNiT: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

The only preparation we need is food and patience, you can't go on outright confrontation, if you fight the North the West allies with them, if you fight with the west the North allies with them, if you fight with both of them they blockade us, let's just have food to eat everyday and watch what will happen
You just described a defensive war which has no way to victory.
Last one tought us leason. This time, casualty will ballance. We are expecting death and those who dont expect it will also die in millions. Already we av shock absorver, they don't have; we are preparing for the big loss 'cos we know it is very inevitable.
But Alex, if you are not a traitor, know it today that 'end will surely justify the means'
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
uBuNiT:

You just described a defensive war which has no way to victory.
Last one tought us leason. This time, casualty will ballance. We are expecting death and those who dont expect it will also die in millions. Already we av shock absorver, they don't have; we are preparing for the big loss 'cos we know it is very inevitable.
But Alex, if you are not a traitor, know it today that 'end will surely justify the means'
The issue is that you can't fight using the same old methods and expect to win, the little Some unnamed group is waging a warfare is all happening in Igboland, that's why I don't support such they are using the old Biafran model which cost us the war, Ojukwu never listen to anybody, Nzeogwu told him that matching to Lagos was a bad idea but matching to Kaduna was better, he matched to Lagos and never allowed Nzeogwu to command any unit.

The strategy needs to change, right now we have weapons and intelligence Superiority on tribal level, some of our soldiers would return if things continue this way, the last war we didnt lose cause we had no weapons, we lost cause we had no food and we were not attacking but defending, today our population is scattered all over Nigeria and IPOB is inciting people to come back from other part of Nigeria that's stupid what we need is to evacuate the elderly and children and suply equipment to our peoplw already stationed everywhere that's taking the war to them,

We must take care to defined our enemies and our allies, you may be surprised that we can be very successful once we had been able to ascertain who is really our friends, in the last war we saw how it played out so as far as we can't defined our allies, I say we must be patient and aspire to reach food sufficiency, anyone that attacks us we retaliate, we can't declare war on Nigeria when our people are scattered every where and constitute a large chunk of Nigeria's military manpower,

The difference between today and 1967 is that our people returned abd the military and government was broken
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Malawian(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

I don't also expect the West to stay if we the East must leave cause then it could be perpetual slavery, sorry if I didn't say what you expect to hear but that's the real situation let's learn to adapt and survive or prepare for a real brutal war, far more costly than the first, after the war, it is not even certain that the South would win cause when we see freedom the world see humanitarian disaster in Northern Nigeria if they are separated from the South
North was never landlocked. The River Niger passed through their land.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
tollyboy5:

Infidels has nothing to do us in southwest. We're seriously mixed riligiously and the north never fought a war with the six southwest state.
The only war fought between some part of the west and north is usman danfodio jihad that the afonja sold themselves out that's why kwara will never be part of us.
The only reason southwest are not really bothered is because they've not been at the receiving end unlike the eastern part.
Some southwest persons are still in close romans with the north, once all this persons leave the elms of power in southwest a more concrete dicision would be taking on behalf of southwest.

As Nigeria is today southwest is benefiting tremendously from Niger delta oil and Lagos money won't be enough to share to other southwest state if Nigeria break up now.

Just wait when we get a stronger economy from the unity of Nigeria we'll create a new country. grin
Kwara was not existing during the Afonja and alimi war.

Kwara state is different from Ilorin emirate
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by uBuNiT: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

The issue is that you can't fight using the same old methods and expect to win, the little Some unnamed group is waging a warfare is all happening in Igboland, that's why I don't support such they are using the old Biafran model which cost us the war, Ojukwu never listen to anybody, Nzeogwu told him that matching to Lagos was a bad idea but matching to Kaduna was better, he matched to Lagos and never allowed Nzeogwu to command any unit.

The strategy needs to change, right now we have weapons and intelligence Superiority on tribal level, some of our soldiers would return if things continue this way, the last war we didnt lose cause we had no weapons, we lost cause we had no food and we were not attacking but defending, today our population is scattered all over Nigeria and IPOB is inciting people to come back from other part of Nigeria that's stupid what we need is to evacuate the elderly and children and suply equipment to our peoplw already stationed everywhere that's taking the war to them,

We must take care to defined our enemies and our allies, you may be surprised that we can be very successful once we had been able to ascertain who is really our friends, in the last war we saw how it played out so as far as we can't defined our allies, I say we must be patient and aspire to reach food sufficiency, anyone that attacks us we retaliate, we can't declare war on Nigeria when our people are scattered every where and constitute a large chunk of Nigeria's military manpower,

The difference between today and 1967 is that our people returned abd the military and government was broken
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Malawian:

North was never landlocked. The River Niger passed through their land.
The River Niger that is not navigable all through the year from any place above Kogi, and besides that would be an inland water of Igboland, would they want to just limit it to peaceful passage, are they going to be our allies or we would check every of their consignment to check if it is peaceful or not and what volume of shipping can the river Niger actually carry Beyond Kogi,

This is the major concern there are some time of the year that the River Niger is not navigable northward but still even if we say they have access to the sea via the Niger are they going to be in friendly terms with the us Igbos cause from Igboland there are many chanel through the Niger Delta
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by hollah123: 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

I had looked at the situation and it is hopeless, the North is willing to let Biafra go but without the West staying back they would not allow the entire Biafra land, unless only South East which would also not be accepted this is a real tricky situation, you don't also expect that the North would allow the entire South to go when Nigeria was amalgamated in the first place in 1914 because the North is landlocked
after taking mpuru rubbish u come here come disturb us,abeg go offline n go kill livestocks

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
hollah123:
after taking mpuru rubbish u come here come disturb us,abeg go offline n go kill livestocks
My mother don't have goat oo, make you can come to Enugu let's start with you lol
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by orisa37: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
POLITICAL LEADERS MUST BE PATRIOTIC, WISE EXPERIENCED, DISCERNING, FAITHFUL, HOPEFUL, PERSEVERING, CHARITABLE, AMBITIOUS BUT NOT SELFISH, DEMOCRATIC, LISTENING REASONING AND MOVING. WEARE TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA NORTH. EAST AND WEST AND SO LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE MUST BE SUPER HUMAN AND FEAR GOD.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by hollah123: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

My mother don't have goat oo, make you can come to Enugu let's start with you lol
no ooo
I no wan die now ooo
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
hollah123:
no ooo
I no wan die now ooo
So you love your life but you are inciting another to go and take meth so that the youth will shine on me abi lol, the funny thing is that na those wey take weed dey flog those wey take meth, na jealousy I dey see lol
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by orisa37: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
POLITICAL LEADERS MUST BE PATRIOTIC, WISE EXPERIENCED, DISCERNING, FAITHFUL, HOPEFUL, PERSEVERING, CHARITABLE, AMBITIOUS BUT NOT SELFISH, DEMOCRATIC, LISTENING REASONING AND MOVING. WEARE TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA NORTH. EAST AND WEST AND SO LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE MUST BE SUPER HUMAN AND FEAR GOD. NIGERIA LEADERS MUST BE ALWAYS HAIL AND SOUND.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Malawian(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlexBells:

The River Niger that is not navigable all through the year from any place above Kogi, and besides that would be an inland water of Igboland, would they want to just limit it to peaceful passage, are they going to be our allies or we would check every of their consignment to check if it is peaceful or not and what volume of shipping can the river Niger actually carry Beyond Kogi,

This is the major concern there are some time of the year that the River Niger is not navigable northward but still even if we say they have access to the sea via the Niger are they going to be in friendly terms with the us Igbos cause from Igboland there are many chanel through the Niger Delta
I am just saying technically they are not landlocked. What exactly are the North selling or buying to require sea access?
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
Malawian:

I am just saying technically they are not landlocked. What exactly are the North selling or buying to require sea access?
What kind of question is that, don't they need clothes, machines, other equipment, drugs, in fact 70% of the things we use in Nigeria is imported don't you know once Nigeria divides to get to Onitsha they may need passport, same as Aba and Lagos, all those truck drivers would not be moving in and out freely again like before.

You say technically they are not landlocked, that's true but who understands technicality that needs technicality to be technical
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by AlexBells(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
DOTian:

I have always known you are fake..
There're several of your type here.
You start off pretending you are against the marginalization going on in the East. Once you get the needed attention, you will start speaking in tongues..
If you're not pretending you hate the violence, you will be using the argument against ipob tactics as an excuse to enjoin others to be calm and accept the torture called Nigeria...
Lol
You guys came late..
But Kwantiniu...
Bia Nwokem, Buru Onu isi gia sim na Akuku puo oiso, O di ka ina akogheriakogheri, it is you that is fake no just respect your old age
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Crofton: 11:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
DOTian:

I have always known you are fake..
There're several of your type here.
You start off pretending you are against the marginalization going on in the East. Once you get the needed attention, you will start speaking in tongues..
If you're not pretending you hate the violence, you will be using the argument against ipob tactics as an excuse to enjoin others to be calm and accept the torture called Nigeria...
Lol
You guys came late..
But Kwantiniu...

Bro, you don't expect everyone to reason similarly even if there is a unified agenda.

OP's views here are valid, he wants his region (Biafra) to secede from Nigeria but not at any cost .

Like he said the cost of disintegration shouldn't be greater than the cost of Unity .
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by Idiko1: 4:52am On Nov 17, 2021
AlexBells:
I know that I'm a core Biafran but honestly you won't see me shouting Biafra or death, First of all, most of us in Biafra Land would honestly say, if Nigeria is well managed who needs Biafra but on the other hand the more you look at Nigeria the more hopeless it get.

Forget about corruption or even Buhari's Nepotism, why is cooking gas too costly when we have abundant natural gas under our feet, you would only find out how hopeless Nigeria is and how hopeless things are getting.

No one in his right sense really blames people who agitate for the country's breakup but then there are those of us who really don't care whether Nigeria breaks up or stick together then why are some of us having such apathy on both side.

For me I asses the cost of Nigeria's beakup and I had seen that unless the Breakup is overseen by core terrorists, Nigeria's break up would be too costly, I count on terrorists here becuase 1. They don't really care about an effective country, they only care about their Islamic state, in this case they won't care about coastlines and they don't mind declaring Nothern Nigeria independence.

Now the tricky situation is that Northern power brokers would fight back they would not allow the North to fall to terrorists and in this case, Southern Soldiers would be deployed and the day would most likely be saved with the North backing a Southern President, preferably Igbo.

Now you look at another situation if they conduct a referendum for Biafra, once that referendum is put up then Western Nigeria is demanding for a Referendum immediately, the exit of the entire South would leave the North completely landlocked again unacceptable, and this one would bring the mother of all chaos.

I still maintained that as at 1967 the North was willing to let Biafra go but the West said if the East left, they would also go, now you see the situation, no one is ready to let the other go, so after I had looked at the situation, I had adviced myself to focus on simpler things like building standard hospitals within my own locality and more.

In the circle of learned beings, the bolded is called the fool's theory. I am a bit worried by the stream of your thought.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Argue About Nigeria's Breakup by drealcivilceno(m): 5:32am On Nov 17, 2021
AlexBells:

You mean I should chose side that would cost millions of lives yet no assurance that it would be a success or i should work hard to better life within my reach, even if gas gets costly, I should rather be working to electrify my community with high powered solar system than fight for Nigeria's breakup we are talking about cost here.

Leave them oooh!

They do not learn, they do not read history, only give facts and never personalize the truth!

E go shock us!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eredo: The Largest City In The Ancient World / Lie: Igbo Do Not Own 70% Of Abuja. All Nigerians Are In Abuja / Strength And Weaknesses Of APC Presidential Aspirants: Who Wins, Who Loses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.