Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

My Wife Attitude Towards My Food - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Attitude Towards My Food (41956 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Pkingman Dis Is For U.about Ur Wife Attitude / My Wife’s Attitude Changed After Working For A Few Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by maestro299: 4:43am On Nov 17, 2021
webhead:
This is for only weak men
It's not a matter of weakness. Any relationship is a form of power play. Someone must be dominated and someone must dominate. Generally in a marriage, women have a way of winning this game. They are very good at the passive-aggression game. No matter how strong a man thinks he is, if he is not wise, she will relegate him to the status of the dominated, where he'll just be dying of anger and frustration.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by lkillbrokehoes: 5:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Mariangeles:
[s]Your wife is acting based on the way she was raised.
When it comes to food, men adjust in the ways of their wives.
Besides, too much meat is not good for you and your wife is protecting from being overfed.[/s]
See nonsense post angry undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by SIRRITE: 5:17am On Nov 17, 2021
If she continues then stop eating the food. Till she changes
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by lkillbrokehoes: 5:17am On Nov 17, 2021
i926:

This is ludicrous. In his own house? He needs no permission for nothing.

No woman on Earth fit carry food do shakara for me.
Just imagine such nonsense

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Stankovic22: 5:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Protest by boycotting the food whenever she serves what you don't like...

I kukuma trust my papa, if we serve am Eba without moulding it properly... He will just leave it on the table for us until anytime we come back to carry the food. The man no go answer or tell you anything sef, na u go use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Ghozky(m): 5:42am On Nov 17, 2021
O bob
This thing called marriage hard oo.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Randgist: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Winnerly:

I used to think the reverse was the case but it seems women are more ruthless than men.

Someone like me, I can’t even function well in a tense environment because it will start to affect my work and all. I wonder how men with a tense home are still able to be successful in their endeavors

My bro.

I can tell you most men cant tell you what they go through at home.

Most of the married men go through these things.

Its just that at some point some men learns a way to maintain peace at home by swallowing things, more tollorating and keeping a blind eye to things there wife does.

Look its not that the wifes are cheaters or that they are sooo bad. Infact they can be very good.

But some how i think Marriage resets there mind immediatly the are married. Maybe they start seeing there self as equall or more to the man.

An example is ( once a girl starts seing there husbands unclothedness and the man moans and begs her for sex and calls her those funny names.

It gets to there head. Even if the man is as old as there father, they start seing him as a boy or as an age mate)

So thats why am saying its not that they are cheats or something but once they are in they lose the ability to please, care, love and respect to their husbands and sometimes these extends to there mother inlaws.

So any man that wants to leave long must understand these things. Also thats why a woman can go days without talking to her husband or wvwn her best friend because she feels she is wronged.

woman has More Heart!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Gianslayer: 5:55am On Nov 17, 2021
Wetin dey do some women self , must they use the money for food for their personal things. angry angry angry angry cheesy
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Randgist: 6:00am On Nov 17, 2021
Gianslayer:
Wetin dey do some women self , must they use the money for food for their personal things. angry angry angry angry cheesy

����

That is the least of the problem na.

Infact most men will gladly accept there wifes doing that as long as there is peace at home
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Bigpapi: 6:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:
My wife attitudes towards food she cooked with my money is getting on my nerves.

How can my wife be dishing food to me like she's serving it for our kids.times without number have complained but still no changes.

It's either she makes eba that won't satisfy us ( when they is enough garri available) her defense is that she don't want it to be wasted.

OR

She dished out soup for me with lesser meat like am a kid. Have told her several times when cooking..to buy enough protein in the soup or stew. But to my surprise she always economise the money and divert it into something else.

I even had to start buying suya in the evening when coming back from work, because I know what I be expecting when my food is dished out. ( Recent news we saw of how suya killed some families, made me limiit it)

Have ordered her on several occasions to take it back and put more protein, but must i always do that?

Please This is really getting out of hand, I really don't know how to handle this situation.

I don tire 4 woman and man matter
Men wey no get wife get peace

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
See nonsense post angry undecided
Well it's more than a miracle for you to recognize sense,you bitter and wicked soul.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by ozo13(m): 6:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Oizee:
this op too like enjoyment,... may be e no too enjoy when e dey small, he come swear say e go work hard and enjoy im life when he grow, his wife come b economist now....
smiles.aunty Obanyi
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Ikpongiton: 6:22am On Nov 17, 2021
Those are some of the things that make women imperfect.infact, I'm experiencing something similar to that in my house.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by cbngov01(m): 6:23am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:

Smile

That will make me come off as been greedy, don't you think.
What will people think when they hear it.

"If him wife cook, na him dey go devide food from pot"

It's not mature

Inside life. Me dey complain to my wife say she dey overload food and puts too much flesh. Once I see big food, I lost appetite. I don't eat beyond 2pieces of meat/fish or I get tired. Life is indeed different sided
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Ikpongiton: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:

Smile

It's not mature
be a gentleman and die of hunger in your own house or shun the food in the house and eat outside or better still go to the kitchen and satisfy your belly, after all it is your money, your sweat.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by sisisioge: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:

Disrespectful you say?

So she starving me of my own food is respectful?

The only reason I don't want to do that, is because I be ashamed if the issue escalated and neighbors gets to hear that we are quarreling because of quantity of meat and fish. It doesn't make sense at all.

Dear oga, go and be fishing your food....in fact, go to the market, cook the food and dish your food!
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by emmanuelbrown26: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
your children need that protein more than you
U must be a very bad woman, now I see the type of girl u are
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:
My wife attitudes towards food she cooked with my money is getting on my nerves.

How can my wife be dishing food to me like she's serving it for our kids.times without number have complained but still no changes.

It's either she makes eba that won't satisfy us ( when they is enough garri available) her defense is that she don't want it to be wasted.

OR

She dished out soup for me with lesser meat like am a kid. Have told her several times when cooking..to buy enough protein in the soup or stew. But to my surprise she always economise the money and divert it into something else.

I even had to start buying suya in the evening when coming back from work, because I know what I be expecting when my food is dished out. ( Recent news we saw of how suya killed some families, made me limiit it)

Have ordered her on several occasions to take it back and put more protein, but must i always do that?

Please This is really getting out of hand, I really don't know how to handle this situation.

Problem:
There is a communication problem between you and your spouse.

Analysis:
1. Might be you aren't supporting her in kitchen and in purchase of grocerries which is killing her. Might be she has even complained to you. Anyway, are you supporting her? If this is the case, it is your fault. Be ready to face the truth.

2. Might be she has a hidden financial need. Listen, it may be something she doesnt want to discuss it with you. It can be good as in investing in her future like online courses (and that good may be a waste to you and she know you that you are going to frown at it), or to develop herself to earn (I dont know what she does, but just making an example here...can be something else which is good), or can be a terrible thing like using your money to build house for his father without your consent (God forbid, a woman may even be sponsoring her boyfriend with your money).

Solution:
Step 1. Talk to her again, and find out what is wrong.

Step 2. Start following her to markets and cook with her. Do not do it like you are investigating her. Nope. Do it with love. Do not even allow what I wrote above to influence you that oh....she is using your money on a boyfriend or building a house for her family.

Step 3. If you see that Step 2 works, and you are the busy type, kindly find a new method to help her. The advantage of 2 is that it will make you know her pain while running around markets. So, you know how to assist her when you arent there. Might be you will have to buy her a car if she doesnt have, or you ask her to use uber from market to your house, etc. Just solve the challenges. You know say she may even want to collect money for uber and use a cheaper means and stress herself. So, order the uber yourself. Na so ooo.

Step 4. If you step aside a bit and you know you made a concrete arrangement and things start getting worse again (in a case she said she cant wait for you to order uber for her and that she has to do it....she may divert the uber money....lol.. just saying here...can be something else), this is when you start investigating her. Cos if you do step 3 rightly and solve everything, she would open to you what you asked her in step 1. But if she still doesnt tell you, and things are getting worse, then you know, there is fire on the mountain. Start a thorough investigation. But I warn you, make sure you are ready to absorb anything you discover if it is a terrible thing.

Sir, I am going to be honest with you that if step 3 fails and you eventually move to step 4 and it is a terrible thing, it may lead to divorce. If you know that you cannot deal with divorce, after step 3 fails, return to step 2 and keep managing her. You will be going to markets with her when you are free. As soon as you see that she is managing foodstuff, meat, fish and milk again, you follow here again yourself to make sure she buys enough.

May God heal your marriage. Amen..
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by ImaIma1(f): 6:41am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:

Smile

It's not mature

Which people? Are the people inside your kitchen? I don't know why we are so mindful about "what people will say".

Please when it's time to eat, tell her not to serve you, that you will serve yourself. When you do this three or four times, she will understand.

Also, rather than give her money to buy the protein, buy it yourself (probably send or go with someone who can buy meat). When you start doing this, she will understand the gravitate the problem.

But then, maybe she's saving part of the food money and building a house for you both cheesy
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by ridbell01(m): 6:44am On Nov 17, 2021
Is your wife working
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Slurity(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2021
Barrister026:

OR

that is clearly how she was raised, try to adjust to her way as you complain along and sometimes serve yourself but don't forget to limit your protein as you grow older.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by webhead: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2021
maestro299:
It's not a matter of weakness. Any relationship is a form of power play. Someone must be dominated and someone must dominate. Generally in a marriage, women have a way of winning this game. They are very good at the passive-aggression game. No matter how strong a man thinks he is, if he is not wise, she will relegate him to the status of the dominated, where he'll just be dying of anger and frustration.
you're right.
But, like I said, this is for only weak men–physically and mentally.
Armed with the/my redpill knowledge of how most of them operate, no woman can mentally dominate/use passive aggression against me.

It all starts with having an abundance mindset.
When a man feels like he needs to cling to one woman only, he'll definitely diminish his masculinity and fall for this trap.
But when a man bears in my mind that there are billions of other women in the world, he won't try to water down his role as the head of the relationship.
(like the Op is doing)
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by LaGersona: 6:55am On Nov 17, 2021
Brother, if she posseses other good traits and if this is the only problem you are currently facing with her. I would advice you, after eaten the first round, go to the kitchen and take whatever you want.
You would satisfy yourself and she will correct her mistakes with time.
Life no too hard

Barrister026:

OR

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Das1mama: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2021
Lol, men we too sabi complain!! 1, if to say na d type wey when she wan cook u go tink, abi my wife d expect visitors? U go hear honey!!! Don't u know d country is hard.... Blablabla.... Oga u have a wonderful wife and u have to appreciate her 4 that.... Just like the story of the dream joseph interpreted concerning the 7yrs of abundance nd 7yrs of famine so oga ur wife is the governor of your home and she knows exactly what to do and she's applying the theory in a more glorious and awesome way.......
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Iree1(m): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2021
If she's saving for the interest of the family, you might just need to adjust and find a way round it, it's not a big deal bro, you can serve yourself or you continue to buy suya, Just make peace that's the KoKo
Barrister026:

OR

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by oshaosha2014(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Nothing new. Marriage is a place of learning. Two persons living together are bound to have issues at one point or another. It doesn't happen only in marriage.

Vipro:
Hilarious...

The rate at which couples are complaining about each other on this forum will even discourage intending ones.....just too much.Haba!
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Exceed15: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2021
If my wife served me food that is not satisfactory, I simply go the pot I serve myself some more .. Magana yaa kare.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by CSTRR: 7:26am On Nov 17, 2021
I have seen cases like this.
Women who are very stingy when serving food even to their husbands.

You will need to put your foot down and warn her firmly.

If she refuses, don't give her money for meat next time.

She will learn.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by guji12(m): 7:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Be lik u go find one mama-put wen u go buy go house.. For her to b jealous... I think
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by CSTRR: 7:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Exceed15:
If my wife served me food that is not satisfactory, I simply go the pot I serve myself some more .. Magana yaa kare.
Of course na.

You will keep going to the pot Everytime.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by CSTRR: 7:29am On Nov 17, 2021
And the irony is that these kind of women are very buoyant when serving meat to themselves.

They are very stingy with others though.

If you don't put your foot down and show her consequences, she won't change.
E dey her body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

See What I observed After The Death Of My Father / Marriage Has Failed Me! / Where Is Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.