Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd (365 Views)

This Is What Happens When A Man Chooses A Woman (his Wife) Over His Own Family / I Will Choose My Man Over My Family Because Cum Is Thicker Than Blood- Lady Says / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by God1000(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2021
My niece is currently enmeshed in this predicament, she has broken everyone's heart in her family including me and my brothers that provided her financial support from 100-400l in uni, she doesn't pick my calls anymore, starting from the week I sent her money last, that was the week I heard everything about her and the moment she knew that, she avoided me like plague as well as my brothers and sisters, she even ignored her mum's calls during that period, she finished school and refused to travel home with an excuse that she was still working on her project, her boyfriend hide her for weeks inside the campus, nobody knew her whereabouts, her mum became very distraught then, eventually she left the campus and traveled to another state entirely without the knowledge of anyone of us.
Her boyfriend is from another tribe and he's not well polished according to my sister, he doesn't respect my sister and her husband! he talks to them rudely, though when I called him he denied those allegations.

Personally if I'm dating a lady and her family says leave her alone, I will end such relationship immediately because I don't want any problem at all, if something happens tomorrow, how do I handle it.

I believe as a grown up person we're at liberty to make certain decisions, but we should not ignore some good advice from our family members.
Sometimes when you are madly in love with someone, it blinds you, you won't be in the right frame of mind to make certain decisions by yourself, your family can see somethings which you cannot because of the love. But eventually your eyes will open.
I am an advocate of inter ethnic marriage, but that's just me alone, I don't want to to incur the wrath of my family by supporting her at this point.

She alleged that her family (her mum and dad) are trying to force someone else on her, but my sister denied the allegation, according to my sister, she was the one that even met the second guy herself, the relationship started and they both agreed to do introduction the moment she finishes from school. My sister prefers the guy from my tribe but she doesn't want him.

I raised this girl while she was growing up because I lived with my sister till I finished primary school, she was a very humble girl to the core then, she's almost 26 now! she's the first child

Actions have consequences and we should always be ready to accept them, our decisions will either make or mar our future, so it will either be a good or bad turn.

No insult please.
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by Boogyman557: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2021
Holly Gram cool Make una LEAV am naa. abi she never pass 20yrs. wen she see waiting she de fine she go LOCATE HOUSE. WTF MAN
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by Ritzybeauty(f): 9:49am On Nov 18, 2021
It never ends well except on rare cases and luck is really needed..

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by donbachi(m): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2021
As long as,i no go end up telling who suppose tell me sorry,sorry.
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by God1000(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2021
Ritzybeauty:
It never ends well except on rare cases and luck is really needed..
Thanks, I saw a post from her this morning expressing her deep love for the guy in birthday message, i don't know how this will end for her.
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by God1000(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2021
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Make una LEAV am naa. abi she never pass 20yrs. wen she see waiting she de fine she go LOCATE HOUSE. WTF MAN
We've already given her a space since she doesn't want anyone interfering in her decisions.
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by God1000(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2021
donbachi:
As long as,i no go end up telling who suppose tell me sorry,sorry.
That's it
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by Divoc19(f): 10:52am On Nov 18, 2021
It Depends.
But a good partner should not instigate me against my family.
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2021
No... Familiar first, capiche...
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by Opeyemiextra(f): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2021
In most cases, it ends in regret for the person. Family is important and sometimes they are the ones that we see through some things for us.
Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by God1000(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2021
Divoc19:
It Depends.
But a good partner should not instigate me against my family.
Exactly, from every indication the guy is clearly disrespecting her family, this breaks my heart so much

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable/good To Go Against Your Own Family Because Of Boyfriend/girlfrd by God1000(m): 11:11am On Nov 18, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
In most cases, it ends in regret for the person. Family is important and sometimes they are the ones that we see through some things for us.

I agree wholeheartedly

(1) (Reply)

How She Ended Up In Intensive Care Unit (I.C.U) Because Of Me. / What Will You Do In This Situation? / My igbo friend wrote down test scores of everyone in class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.