Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist (16910 Views)

Relist Nigeria As A Violator Of Religious Freedom, US Senators Write Biden / Oladipo Akande: Atedo Erred, Jonathan Is The Best Candidate For 2023 Presidency / “You Are Wrong, You Erred In Law” - Obaseki Fumes At Tribunal Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by verifiablefacts: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

You and the OP seem to puff up on something you have no clue about don't you?

So here let's bring it down to ordinary terms you might attempt to understand. This is what happens on the VERY day you die. When you take your last breath....this is what you will notice.

You will stand up and look down and see your own dead body on the floor. Then you will begin to wonder? Am I really dead? Am I really dead now? Your dead flesh on the floor will just lie there still waiting for human beings to discover it. But then you will begin to wonder....if my body is now dead on the ground...who is it looking at the same body with the same mind that I used to have...with the same personality and emotions that I used to have before I died? Of course, you might have been too obtuse to understand that your "spirit" was just separated from your "body" when you died and you still had the same "soul" as you had before you died.

Fool....you are also a 3 in 1 entity and can be divided into the separate entities "spirit, soul and body" as God power wills....and that does not necessarily mean YOU as a person are three different people!

And this is not in any way saying this is the way the Godhead in the Christian perspective is....God is a lot more complex and Powerful than just that.

And did not your own Scripture say that the same God is in the "North, South, East and West"? If I face every direction and He is the same One and not separate entities...what does that say about your ability to understand something that is WAAYYY beyond your capacity to understand?

Christians take this by Faith...and the same God of Israel has not disappointed them. What I sense is a massive spirit of the Anti-Christ working in the likes of you and your ilk...preying on your utter ignorance!
I like your style of discuss, no insults on any person or belief,but you still called me a fool.
The problems with some of you(Christian) here is, you are full of insults.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Geeman2006: 7:24am On Nov 22, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

I think we should make a clear distinction here. Just because certain areas in the core North "tolerate" the existence of Christians or Churches does not necessarily mean that there are no existing Government policies to restrict them--and when it is most convenient for them in a future date--wipe them off if they most opportune to.

The Fulani Terrorist Jihadists up the core North may have their various reasons attacking other Muslim communities (greed being one, as well as being emboldened by the laxity of their kinsman at the helm of affairs to prosecute them etc.,) --BUT just because core-Northern communities may choose to be mute or subdued by these renegade elements does not translate to Christian communities in the Middle Belt adopting the same response or attitudes.

For every attack or invasion by the Fulani Jihadists is seen as a Government sanctioned Jihadist (by their inaction or selective actions) encroachment where they hitherto have no business being. If they wanted to display madness, they should have stuck to their 12 Sharia states and go at it. The present protection they enjoy by the Federal Government may have discouraged severe and bloody counter attacks which is something that is never sustainable because there is so much anyone can take being pushed back on their own ancestral lands.

Do not blame the South for the core North's incompetence in taming the beast they have created in fighting the eras of Christian Presidencies. It is nobody's making but yours. YOU as Muslims should sit down and figure it out yourselves--rather than "export" all kinds of troubles in all types of places to make it seem as if it should be a problem that should be forced on all! If the core North dislikes anything Christian, simply agree to a new Ethnic national Conference where each Ethnic Nationality peacefully decides to choose where they would want to belong. I am sure Christian ethnic nationalities of the Middle Belt would want to cluster and become one (just as in the Benue Plateau years...but only larger to include Taraba etc.,)

All this killing of precious Christian lives just to intimidate and grasp control of oil wealth situated in the South (where most of the Christians are) is simply worthless. Believe in your own self and abilities....create your own El Dorado Islamic State....leave the Middle Belt and South alone.

I still disagree.. Nothing but outright conspiracy thinking. You mention wipe them off like with a wave of a hand they are gone. Nobody will wipe out anybody.
It's unfortunate things have deteriorated this bad to have you thinking in this direction.
Keep your oil please , it has only benefited politicians and their cronies. It is more of a curse than a gift. And because some crazy minority lunatics want their Islamic fiefdom doesnt mean the general population shares the same view. Everything used to be fine till politicians messed up everything over the years.
Some many misconceptions , I am tempted to think it's just unnecessary hate.

1 Like

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by freshkpomo(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Empiree:

Typical Muslims they can't hide their terrorists instinct in them, just a simple talk you already insulting and bringing family into it, if I was close to you maybe it would have been a dagger followed by ALLAH AKBAR.

Have a nice day, I won't engage you further.

Like I said, your ALLAH AKBAR religion needs a review because any country your people enter it's always killing of innocent people that follows. Looks at France, UK, even Uganda recently that took in Afghans.

This life is just too short to be cutting people short, let peace lead.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by freshkpomo(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2021
Geeman2006:

I still disagree.. Nothing but outright conspiracy thinking. You mention wipe them off like with a wave of a hand they are gone. Nobody will wipe out anybody.
It's unfortunate things have deteriorated this bad to have you thinking in this direction.
Keep your oil please , it has only benefited politicians and their cronies. It is more of a curse than a gift. And because some crazy minority lunatics want their Islamic fiefdom doesnt mean the general population shares the same view. Everything used to be fine till politicians messed up everything over the years.

Isbah police? Is that not an infringement on the rights of Northern Christians? Let such be done in the south by Christians it will be war.

The truth is in terms of tolerance, don't defend Islam because it will be sentimental on your part to do visa even the blind can see and the deaf can hear.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by J3susFr3ak: 11:21am On Nov 22, 2021
verifiablefacts:

I like your style of discuss, no insults on any person or belief,but you still called me a fool.
The problems with some of you(Christian) here is, you are full of insults.

My sincere apologies for the insult. My original intention was to alert you to get your attention. You are not the first person I have tried to reason with--with most having this stubborn and arrogant desire to twist whatever was said. I must have generalized and assumed you were of that camp of people. Again, my sincere apologies for this please. Thanks.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by J3susFr3ak: 11:33am On Nov 22, 2021
Geeman2006:

Are you sure about "nobody wiping off anybody" like that? Was that not what my own little village thought before Buhari assumed power? All of a sudden armed Terrorist Fulanis allied with strange ones (from those from whatever country) came rushing and killing....no one lives there anymore at the moment. And this is repeated in around 60 other similar villages. And this is in one Middle Belt area alone. But this phenomena has also occurred everywhere like a spreading cancer as well.

So tell me again about being not "wiped off" when my own village has been "wiped off" too--with many killed and most in IDP camps.

What stops any retaliation and counter-attack now? Oh yes, the very protective Federal Government. How long will the Federal Government be around? This is NOT a sustainable strategy. Buhari has merely laid a trap for his people everywhere thinking that power is forever.

Power is not forever. Being greedy about people's natural resources (oil, lands) and thinking that killing them to possess those resources is not clever. I doubt even God will support those types of actions. The injustice is too much!
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Geeman2006: 11:41am On Nov 22, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

Are you sure about "nobody wiping off anybody" like that? Was that not what my own little village thought before Buhari assumed power? All of a sudden armed Terrorist Fulanis allied with strange ones (from those from whatever country) came rushing and killing....no one lives there anymore at the moment. And this is repeated in around 60 other similar villages. And this is in one Middle Belt area alone. But this phenomena has also occurred everywhere like a spreading cancer as well.

So tell me again about being not "wiped off" when my own village has been "wiped off" too--with many killed and most in IDP camps.

What stops any retaliation and counter-attack now? Oh yes, the very protective Federal Government. How long will the Federal Government be around? This is NOT a sustainable strategy. Buhari has merely laid a trap for his people everywhere thinking that power is forever.

Power is not forever. Being greedy about people's natural resources (oil, lands) and thinking that killing them to possess those resources is clever. I doubt even God will support those types of actions. The injustice is too much!

That's terrible and sad.
Honestly. Buhari's body language to the whole episode has not been encouraging at all, even though some of these problems preceded his government. His demeanor seems to encourage these criminals which is worrisome. But the issue of Insecurity has become a full blown pandemic under his watch. 2023 he will be on his way out, the next president has alot on his plate already. Like you said power is not forever.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Geeman2006: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2021
freshkpomo:

Isbah police? Is that not an infringement on the rights of Northern Christians? Let such be done in the south by Christians it will be war.

The truth is in terms of tolerance, don't defend Islam because it will be sentimental on your part to do visa even the blind can see and the deaf can hear.

Not defending anybody. Hisbah is for Muslims and Muslims alone. They operate in predominant Muslim areas, you would never see Hisbah operating in a Christian community. Whenever you see that just know they are being overzealous.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by freshkpomo(m): 11:57am On Nov 22, 2021
Geeman2006:

Not defending anybody. Hisbah is for Muslims and Muslims alone. They operate in predominant Muslim areas, you would never see Hisbah operating in a Christian community. Whenever you see that just know they are being overzealous.

So indirectly Muslims and Christians don't mix? And what about the few pagans, traditional worshipers in the supposed Muslim areas, I believe they own the beer joints been destroyed, are they not also forced against their will and put out of business? In the first place is Islam a Nigerian culture or Arabic culture? Before Islam came, people had their way of life, why Implement Isbah across several states with state funds but did not do same to keep their cultural heritage in check. You spend sate funds to keep Islamic laws in check, but don't do same for your traditional religion that has been there for years. What about the Christians up north? Are they allowed also to have a Christian police who will be Paid by the government.

I don't know how true this is, but I heard Isbah police have guns too.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Yusman316(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
tujays:
Believe me or not I'm a bonafide Christian from Southern KD, I used to be very ignorant of the happenings in Nigeria between the Christians and Muslims. My family members and most people still do till date, I have seen many religious crises while growing up and our people play the victim game even when there is retaliations here and there between both religion each time such crises arises. Christians get killed in Muslim dominated areas while Muslims get killed in Christians dominated areas in retaliation. okay, what usually ignites this crises could be as little as 2 people from different faith fighting randomly, then suddenly one get killed and the story spreads to the Christian dominated areas and boom everywhere is on fire. This same thing happens in Jos frequently where Christians are the majority. now If this crises is ignited by the government clamping down on churches using security agencies just like China and other intolerant countries does then it is right for Nigeria to be on the Blacklist. but the government are not directly involve in this. it is we the citizens uncivilized manner that causes all this. even in the North when there is religious Crises it doesn't get to were the rich and educated resides together regardless of their religious differences. this crises occurs mostly in poor and uneducated areas. it's a fact bruh and nothing less.
I have been following your comments since this conversation started, and everything u have posted is nothing but the absolute truth. Despite all the crisis rocking Jos from day one, I live in a part of Jos where there has never been any ethnic or religious crisis despite been populated by people of both faiths.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by J3susFr3ak: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
Geeman2006:

That's terrible and sad.
Honestly. Buhari's body language to the whole episode has not been encouraging at all, even though some of these problems preceded his government. His demeanor seems to encourage these criminals which is worrisome. But the issue of Insecurity has become a full blown pandemic under his watch. 2023 he will be on his way out, the next president has alot on his plate already. Like you said power is not forever.

And THIS is where the real problem is....kicking the can down the road! The whole viscous cycle is perpetuated by this very indecision and lack of will to restructure the whole country. So assuming another President comes in and wants to do real justice and return all real indigenous people back to their farmlands, decentralize the whole security architecture of the country by favoring some form of State or Regional Police, push for true Federalism--do we now wait for another petty nepotistic Buhari like figure to emerge again to reverse all those gains and implement the types of unpopular policies currently done today?

The smart option is pave the way to do the most logical thing now....allow for the re-structuring of the country that allows for states to design their own Security Architecture with its own checks and balances---rather than wait for everything to come from Abuja. I bet you...people will zealously fight for their land, for their freedom and for the future of their children than let any alien Terroristic element invade and display with Federal support as is currently is the case.

I think deep down Muslims do not want to restructure the country because the current system favors them. Nigeria as it is -- is like the best Islamic Country (in principle--but not in name) that they can have. Changing the status quo means being more like Niger or Chad. Even Chad is far more serious about combating its own insecurities compared to the double-speak of the current administration.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by J3susFr3ak: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Yusman316:

I have been following your comments since this conversation started, and everything u have posted is nothing but the absolute truth. Despite all the crisis rocking Jos from day one, I live in a part of Jos where there has never been any ethnic or religious crisis despite been populated by people of both faiths.

Yusuman...I think you and the original poster are missing an important point. Living in exclusive places like Rayfield and similar cannot be generalized everywhere else. Even ancient slum like areas in Rayfield (that were once old Miner's camp--Maidiko) had Muslims attacking and killing Christians not so long ago.

Most of the Christian natives of Jos do hate their current unfortunate choice of Governor and will do away with him and his unpopular policies the moment they have the chance to.

Do not confuse the current "calm" in Jos to mean the absence of real conflict or crisis. You cannot expect hungry people whose only occupation has been farming but suddenly find it dangerous and impossible to go back to their farms just continue to be docile forever. The whole state like most places in the Middle Belt is a ticking time bomb...
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by sunnnnyuu(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
97loodbre:
Let's be realistic and shun emotional sentiments.... There are hundreds of very big churches and cathedrals in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa, Kaduna, Zamfara and even Maiduguri. These are core muslim states in Nigeria. How many such big mosques or Islamic centres can you count or find in the south-south or South-East It's very unfortunate that some misguided elements and agents of the devil in the North such as Bokoharam and ISWAP are busy killing innocent christians, but they kill innocent muslims too. Thousands of muslims have been killed in the North by these agents of the devil, so I don't see why any right thinking person will generalize it and term Nigeria a christian persecuting country. It is just so nunfortunate the level of religious intolerance and misinformation some christian leaders chun out to their followers. May Nigeria succeed.

You are my brother but the problem is that CAN and it's leaders are not true Men of God most of them are using lies to keep their followers because if they tell them the truth the church members will not give thirth and so many payment makes by church members to the pastors so the logic that will keep them is to use this kind devils Iswap, Boko Haram and their likes and lie to their members so that they will get much money.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by sunnnnyuu(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Prolific007:

What's education without exposure, is pantami not educated? How about Gumi?.
Education won't change a thing for core northern because hate has already been sowed in their hearts
This is why I am always praying for God to divide this scam join by UK, southerners are parasiting Northerners but everyday crying
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by sunnnnyuu(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
mu2sa2:
GBAM!
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and shame her detractors.
May divide Nigeria
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by sunnnnyuu(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gadafii:
this is trash

I am born into an Islamic home, you and I know that if Christians had done 1/20 of what Boko Haram terrorists and Iswap are doing this country would have perished long ago, Christian's are actually very tolerant, because I know that if a religious based group in the south starts acting the way Boko Haram have been acting, setting of bombs in market places, schools, churches, akintola mumuric would have urged his fellow Muslims to kill Christian's anywhere they find them, Gumi would have advised the federal government to roll out tanks to the South to level everywhere, etc etc
Foolish of you, I here said you are lieing you are not born Muslim and you are not Muslim, if Boko Haram are Muslim not Christians I am sure Nigerian government will not let reach one month operating in Nigeria they will fetched them out and kill them, but it's organize and controlled by Christians while the fools and hypocrites from the Muslim are answering to them with think that strategy will help them destroy Islam or eliminate it from Nigeria, unknown to them more than 1000 years their grandparents was trying to do but Islam keep expanding and it will continue till the last day.
Instead of this suffering they are doing better they channel there energy in something that may happen but eliminating Islam on earth is impossible, and better you identify yourself as Christian than pretending to be Muslim while you are not.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by sunnnnyuu(m): 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/11/20/us-erred-in-delisting-nigeria-from-religious-freedom-blacklist-can/?amp=1#

Crying fowl so you are happy Nigeria was delisted? CAN and crisis are 5&6 may God protect us from both and destroy the due.
I prayed may Jesus come back soon, so that Christians will understand that their pastors are scammers and Islam is the fact
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Geeman2006: 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

And THIS is where the real problem is....kicking the can down the road! The whole viscous cycle is perpetuated by this very indecision and lack of will to restructure the whole country. So assuming another President comes in and wants to do real justice and return all real indigenous people back to their farmlands, decentralize the whole security architecture of the country by favoring some form of State or Regional Police, push for true Federalism--do we now wait for another petty nepotistic Buhari like figure to emerge again to reverse all those gains and implement the types of unpopular policies currently done today?

The smart option is pave the way to do the most logical thing now....allow for the re-structuring of the country that allows for states to design their own Security Architecture with its own checks and balances---rather than wait for everything to come from Abuja. I bet you...people will zealously fight for their land, for their freedom and for the future of their children than let any alien Terroristic element invade and display with Federal support as is currently is the case.

I think deep down Muslims do not want to restructure the country because the current system favors them. Nigeria as it is -- is like the best Islamic Country (in principle--but not in name) that they can have. Changing the status quo means being more like Niger or Chad. Even Chad is far more serious about combating its own insecurities compared to the double-speak of the current administration.

This I totally agree except for the part muslims dont want restructuring. In the situation we find ourselves now, the best is to hope the next president does the right thing because it is obvious this present one has passed the baton of governance to cronies and sychophants.

The situation presently is very dire and the political will is not there to get things right. Both leadership & Followership are in shambles and still swim in the stone age.
Objective and right-thinking muslims want restructuring ! It is the political elite that are strangling that thought because they will be the biggest losers if it comes to fruitition. This depending on the center for almost everything has made many governors lazy and out of ideas.
They just sit back , do nonsense , do anyhow and wait for end of the month allocation.
Restruction would force everyone to put on his thinking cap and be creative and cut their coat according to their size. But the political elite do not want it because it is a cash cow for them presently. Sorry to say, but you mentioned the current system favours muslims, It favors the political class. How does it favour them withTerrorism & Banditry , Highest poverty rate, Highest in out of school children etc. It just favors the political class is the point im trying to pass.
But yet again, agreed restructuring is the way forward.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Geeman2006: 12:01am On Nov 23, 2021
freshkpomo:

So indirectly Muslims and Christians don't mix? And what about the few pagans, traditional worshipers in the supposed Muslim areas, I believe they own the beer joints been destroyed, are they not also forced against their will and put out of business? In the first place is Islam a Nigerian culture or Arabic culture? Before Islam came, people had their way of life, why Implement Isbah across several states with state funds but did not do same to keep their cultural heritage in check. You spend sate funds to keep Islamic laws in check, but don't do same for your traditional religion that has been there for years. What about the Christians up north? Are they allowed also to have a Christian police who will be Paid by the government.

I don't know how true this is, but I heard Isbah police have guns too.

Sir! This hisbah of a thing is just political. And presently it is only the ones in Kano that are kind of active when they want to be. People have come to realize they are just political tools and hypocrites when it comes to dispensing their duties and providing Justice. They go after the poor and helpless and turn a blind eye when the high and mighty do the same.
It is an employment driver and an ego booster for Islamic fundamentalists. As far as I know, Christians are allowed to go about their businesses without harassment, it is when Muslims get involved in things considered unIslamic or are found in such situations that you would see hisbah step in. Any other thing is mostly eye service and being overzealous.
So forget those guys, they are just nuisances who give Islam bad press.

And hisbah do not carry guns rather batons.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by orisa37: 5:23am On Nov 23, 2021
us-erred-in-delisting-nigeria-from-religious-freedom-blacklist-can.

ANOTHER CASE OF SENDING KERRY TO SOKOTO INSTEAD OF ABUJA.
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Poleski: 8:56am On Nov 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
I am not Suprised one bit about the action taken by the USA.

We have said Here long ago , that putting your hope in the USA of today is an error.

The US today is a Bruised reed. A Festering Sinking decaying Cesspool headed for Destructive Destruction. A Nation in outright full scale rebellion against GOD. A Nation governed by leaders who are giving GOD the finger.

A Nation whose Primary Assignment is Endorsing and advancing all forms of Wickedness ,Abominations and Evils against GOD.

Nomerica aka Babylon is Gone and Fallen.

Mark this, Don't be Suprised that this Evil move came with a deal with the Nigerian government to approve Lgbt and all that Evil Wickedness and Abominations.
Don't be Suprised if you begin to see some crazy moves from the Nigerian government.

I Admonish all, to Depend on GOD. Stand boldly for HIM and Live for HIM, even if it cost your life.

We are in Last of the Last Moments. JESUS is Coming to harpazo all who are Ready.

The country you claim has turned its back on God is doing far better than your "religious" shithole country that's infested with endemic corruption, abysmal leadership, and massive insecurity!
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by verifiablefacts: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

My sincere apologies for the insult. My original intention was to alert you to get your attention. You are not the first person I have tried to reason with--with most having this stubborn and arrogant desire to twist whatever was said. I must have generalized and assumed you were of that camp of people. Again, my sincere apologies for this please. Thanks.
You are a good man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 / TCN Locks Out Workers In Abuja / Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.