Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist (16881 Views)

Relist Nigeria As A Violator Of Religious Freedom, US Senators Write Biden / Oladipo Akande: Atedo Erred, Jonathan Is The Best Candidate For 2023 Presidency / “You Are Wrong, You Erred In Law” - Obaseki Fumes At Tribunal Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has faulted the United States in delisting Nigeria from its religious freedom blacklist.

CAN’s President, Rev Samson Ayokunle in a statement titled, ‘CPC List: We Are At a Loss On the Data the US Government Used for the Delisting of Nigeria – CAN,’ said the US supposed to have contacted it before taking such decision.

Ayokunle said the US government did not contact CAN when they were listing Nigeria among the countries of ‘Particular Concern’ on religious freedom, neither did they seek its opinion before removing Nigeria from the list.

“If they had done, we would have been able to compare the statistics then and now on the issue of freedom of religion in Nigeria,” he said.

According to him, whatever might be the data they used, CAN’s prayer is that Nigeria would be a country where no religious group is discriminated against or persecuted and that government would see to it that all religiously biased policies were discontinued with.

Ayokunle lamented that Christians had faced and were still facing persecution from ISWAP and the Boko Haram Islamic Group till today as before.
He said these “are the people who said their agenda was to wipe away Christianity from Nigeria and to plant Islam as the only religion from the North down to the Atlantic Ocean in the South. That agenda with the killing of Christians has not stopped till today and Nigerians are living witnesses

“The bandits have joined other militant Islamic groups to be ferociously attacking churches, killing worshippers and kidnapping for ransom. The herdsmen are equally doing their havoc. We have lost many people and places of worship to their assault, especially in the Northcentral part of the country and the Northeast.

“Though the madness has grown now and those who are not Christians are being attacked, killed and kidnapped, this is because these criminal acts have become a lucrative business and it is whoever you can kidnap for money! If the government had responded appropriately when this criminal madness began and subdued these evil groups immediately, we wouldn’t be where we are now!”

He decried that till today, the government is still funding the membership of Nigeria in all the International Islamic organisations like OIC and its allies without being part of any international Christian organization.

Ayokunle urged the US government to help CAN by allowing it to know what had changed between the time Nigeria was put in the list of ‘countries of particular concern’ and now.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/11/20/us-erred-in-delisting-nigeria-from-religious-freedom-blacklist-can/?amp=1#

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Nilx: 11:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ok o
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Righteousness2(m): 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
I am not Suprised one bit about the action taken by the USA.

We have said Here long ago , that putting your hope in the USA of today is an error.

The US today is a Bruised reed. A Festering Sinking decaying Cesspool headed for Destructive Destruction. A Nation in outright full scale rebellion against GOD. A Nation governed by leaders who are giving GOD the finger.

A Nation whose Primary Assignment is Endorsing and advancing all forms of Wickedness ,Abominations and Evils against GOD.

Nomerica aka Babylon is Gone and Fallen.

Mark this, Don't be Suprised that this Evil move came with a deal with the Nigerian government to approve Lgbt and all that Evil Wickedness and Abominations.
Don't be Suprised if you begin to see some crazy moves from the Nigerian government.

I Admonish all, to Depend on GOD. Stand boldly for HIM and Live for HIM, even if it cost your life.

We are in Last of the Last Moments. JESUS is Coming to harpazo all who are Ready.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Lanretoye(m): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Relatively Nigeria should be delisted,cos of happenings in the north can not be generalised.the problem i think we have here is not about religion but mainly about education.some people decide to keep their clans uneducated and blindfold them with religion so that they won't liberate and they can continue to use them for their own selfish gains.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by yyba: 12:01am On Nov 21, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by EsanEmmanuel(m): 4:55am On Nov 21, 2021
Nigerians need to know all these countries don't care about us... if this country will move, not US or UN will come to our aid
These superpowers are rather interested in the stability of the country even if thousands of the citizens are getting killed daily
Imagine civil war starts in Nigeria..
Can you imagine tens of millions of Nigerians that will seek asylum abroad?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by kenbee(f): 4:55am On Nov 21, 2021
What do I know?
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by vinceyinnovation: 4:55am On Nov 21, 2021
What do you expect when the Allah Akbar group led by lie Mohammed have lied to the US so that their bombing activities will not be exposed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Boogyman557: 5:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by mu2sa2: 5:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Mumu people of nigeria, always clueless, will waste their time criticising US because of this. The nincompoops don't know that US takes decisions based on strategic interests. The US government has set out to re-establish economic partnership with Africa and this goal is a strategic national interest for America. The ubiquitous self-appointed prophets in CAN may cry themselves out but US sees Nigeria as a strategic partner and will continue to strengthen economic, political and military ties with our dear native land.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by 97loodbre(m): 5:07am On Nov 21, 2021
Let's be realistic and shun emotional sentiments.... There are hundreds of very big churches and cathedrals in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa, Kaduna, Zamfara and even Maiduguri. These are core muslim states in Nigeria. How many such big mosques or Islamic centres can you count or find in the south-south or South-East It's very unfortunate that some misguided elements and agents of the devil in the North such as Bokoharam and ISWAP are busy killing innocent christians, but they kill innocent muslims too. Thousands of muslims have been killed in the North by these agents of the devil, so I don't see why any right thinking person will generalize it and term Nigeria a christian persecuting country. It is just so nunfortunate the level of religious intolerance and misinformation some christian leaders chun out to their followers. May Nigeria succeed.

154 Likes 33 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Aguiyimba(m): 5:07am On Nov 21, 2021
During listing and delisting dem no contact CAN it means it's statistics is nonsense to them

7 Likes

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Gadafii: 5:11am On Nov 21, 2021
For the first time I am agreeing to righteousness

6 Likes

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Jesuschristus: 5:15am On Nov 21, 2021
CAN of worm on the beat

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Prolific007(m): 5:16am On Nov 21, 2021
Lanretoye:
Relatively Nigeria should be delisted,cos of happenings in the north can not be generalised.the problem i think we have here is not about religion but mainly about education.some people decide to keep their clans uneducated and blindfold them with religion so that they won't liberate and they can continue to use them for their own selfish gains.

What's education without exposure, is pantami not educated? How about Gumi?.
Education won't change a thing for core northern because hate has already been sowed in their hearts

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by mu2sa2: 5:18am On Nov 21, 2021
97loodbre:
Let's be realistic and shun emotional sentiments.... There are hundreds of very big churches and cathedrals in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa, Kaduna, Zamfara and even Maiduguri. These are core muslim states in Nigeria. How many such big mosques or Islamic centres can you count or find in the south-south or South-East It's very unfortunate that some misguided elements and agents of the devil in the North such as Bokoharam and ISWAP are busy killing innocent christians, but they kill innocent muslims too. Thousands of muslims have been killed in the North by these agents of the devil, so I don't see why any right thinking person will generalize it and term Nigeria a christian persecuting country. It is just so nunfortunate the level of religious intolerance and misinformation some christian leaders chun out to their followers. May Nigeria succeed.
GBAM!
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and shame her detractors.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Gadafii: 5:19am On Nov 21, 2021
97loodbre:
this is trash

I am born into an Islamic home, you and I know that if Christians had done 1/20 of what Boko Haram terrorists and Iswap are doing this country would have perished long ago, Christian's are actually very tolerant, because I know that if a religious based group in the south starts acting the way Boko Haram have been acting, setting of bombs in market places, schools, churches, akintola mumuric would have urged his fellow Muslims to kill Christian's anywhere they find them, Gumi would have advised the federal government to roll out tanks to the South to level everywhere, etc etc

35 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:19am On Nov 21, 2021
Biden is Obama's boy, I'm not surprised!!!

4 Likes

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 21, 2021
Oooooh lord my God please bring back your trumpet..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:35am On Nov 21, 2021
These PDP.igs don't want progress for this country especially the pigs from that side

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by orisa37: 5:36am On Nov 21, 2021
us-erred-in-delisting-nigeria-from-religious-freedom-blacklist-can.

COOOOORECT.

4 Likes

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by louqas: 5:42am On Nov 21, 2021
Gadafii:
this is trash

I am born into an Islamic home, you and I know that if Christians had done 1/20 of what Boko Haram terrorists and Iswap are doing this country would have perished long ago, Christian's are actually very tolerant, because I know that if a religious based group in the south starts acting the way Boko Haram have been acting, setting of bombs in market places, schools, churches, akintola mumuric would have urged his fellow Muslims to kill Christian's anywhere they find them, Gumi would have advised the federal government to roll out tanks to the South to level everywhere, etc etc

You are mixing things up.....there are several ways Muslims suffer from the hands of christians espin the south. Most of you look at plight of christians in the north but turn a blind eye on plight of muslims in the south. From language to educational curriculum to public holidays, southern muslims are at the mercy of christian tyranny and any moves by muslim bodies like MURIC are met with scorn.
You may not believe this but boko haram is not a religious group but a political group hiding behind religion to terrorise Nigerians. Its just like a pastor caught with a human head is not a pastor but a ritualist hiding behind christianity to commit evil.

78 Likes 14 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by louqas: 5:48am On Nov 21, 2021
Prolific007:

What's education without exposure, is pantami not educated? How about Gumi?.
Education won't change a thing for core northern because hate has already been sowed in their hearts
And has education made ibos stop hating other tribes.... did education make ibos love Buhari?
Hatred has nothing to do with education.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by nienam(f): 5:49am On Nov 21, 2021
delisting Nigeria with all the killings still going on Kaduna an others, they where too quick , I don't think they carried out thorough investigation before doing so
Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by chiedu7: 5:50am On Nov 21, 2021
I give the North one thing. They know how to wheel & deal, how to change the narrative at ease

During the civil war the UK press was reporting the genocide going.
Gowon offered the UK some concessions with the Oil Fields to stop the press.

On July 29, 1967, Gowon wrote a letter to the then British PM, Harlod Wilson,
begging him to stop BBC Financial Times and the Economist from reporting the true situation
in Biafra in exchange for oil supplies as they gave him arms.

Reno Omokri setup a petition to ask ICC to arrest Buhari for crimes.
The petition is now removed, who knows what they offered the website to remove the petition

https://chng.it/YdG7xyGv4J

Who knows what Nigeria has offered America to remove Nigeria from the list
We all know the genocide going on allover the country.
so how on earth was it removed, unless a deal was done

4 Likes

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by tujays(m): 5:51am On Nov 21, 2021
mumu people. nothing Christlike about this CAN of a thing. just a political tool. the fact is there are 3 times more churches In all corners of Nigeria Including the North than there are mosque buildings. In fact Nigeria is the only Country that exports churches to every country. Nigeria has some of the richest Pastors In the world. Bokoharam have destroyed more mosques and have killed more Muslims than Christians In the North east. before you quote me, I am a Christian and not a bigot. I only stand by fact and the truth. Nigeria can only be Blacklisted when government Interfere with religious rights just like China government are closing down on Churches and Mosque. Nigerian Christians are very hypocritical. fact.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by AnanseK(m): 5:55am On Nov 21, 2021
If there is any religious group oppressing Nigerians it is the New commercialized Christian Religion which has almost overtaken the whole country East, West, North and South extorting gullible Nigerians with everybody becoming a Pastor with the plan of buying a jet and building an expensive elitist university.

The US, if they are honest and serious should list the church as the oppressor in Nigeria.

The CAN of worms think they can only be relevant through crying wolf when there is none . CAN is dangerous and hateful organization with evil people as its leaders since Ayo Oristejafor. They don’t believe in Jesus and his teachings.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN: US Erred In Delisting Nigeria From Religious Freedom Blacklist by tujays(m): 6:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Gadafii:
this is trash

I am a Christian from the North, but shut up with this crap. There are more Churches In the whole of Nigeria than there are Mosques. So long as government doesn't interfere with religious rights especially in the North just like Chinese government are clamping down on Churches and mosques then Nigeria aint supposed to be Blacklisted. and it's a fact that Bokoharam have destroyed more Muslims and mosque than they have done to the churches. Sentiments aside. pure fact. you Don't know shiit about the North. Nigerian Christian are Hypocrites.

44 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

He Has Privacy Rights — FBI, CIA Reject Request For Tinubu’s Records / What Did You Learn From The Presidential Media Chat? / Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.