Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! (9854 Views)

Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application / Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Says DSS Men Are Trying To Kill Her Brother In Detention / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by HarryPotter1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
this sounds like bankoles vioce cheesy grin
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
when i saw the topic,i thought it contains some prove that he is not a criminal! instead [b]i saw a trash write up[/b]i wish i can see little power as a chairman in that efcc,i swear all of them starting from those that are sleeping in their daily meeting to the speaker(who knows about any of their laundering!) should be persecuted by hanging! nonsense!!!!
infact he alone signing the the money is enough to be persecuted!! wheather he has once or twice fought corruption!! sad sad
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by labbyboi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
Yoruba teacher to an Ibo boy struggling with Yoruba language:
Teacher: Translate this statement to Yoruba - " The two bank robbers".                                Student: ummm, hem " the meji bank ole"Teacher: "You mean Dimeji Bankole"?                            
D guy don f**k up, let him face dance 2 d gbedu dance alone. No room 4 lobbying 4 cheap pity cos u aint gonna get it

Not only "Mandela" in him na Michael Jackson in him.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by JimmyBoy1: 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
@bioye, yes I was curious about the statement "others large", because I am not aware that EFCC declared any other suspect wanted.So, if your areguement is that others should be arrested as well , then I am on your side. However, if you are trying to suggest that bankole is innocent then we have a problem. I concede that I do not know the type of evidence may have against bankole, but considering someone who admittedly collected 100m allowance in a country were ordinary citizens have to embark on nationwide strike to pass a law of minimum wage of N18k, then based on balance of probability,such person must have enriched himself illegally over the years. Please don't bring the arguement of whether he was the procurement officer, a good lawyer like Keyamo knows how to 'Lift the veil'.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by andyanders: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
The poster,

I think Bank-Ole paid you or you are one of his associates who is a member of Nairaland. Let him go and face the music. Don’t call young Nigerians here to reason with you. You people are sick and rotten. Do not come here to say 'corrupt Waziri and Festus Keyamo. Go and bring your brother, Bank-Ole out. He is in and he is in. If he is straight, why did he collect 10billion? Even if he was asked by other members to collect the money, he as the house leader should be held responsible. Let him be 2 yrs old, nobody cares. His been detained doesn’t mean that we do not have responsible youths who can not be corrupted. He Bank-Ole is from same background where his father has been an old politician and must have tutored him how to steal.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2011
@all, I have a confession to make.  I have enough information to prove many things in Bankole's favour.  I apologise to anyone who thinks my initial post appears patronising.  Now, if I was paid by Bankole, I would be using the print media to launder his image with unfounded and false information the way EFCC and Keyamo have done till now.  Okay, some people will not like that.  So, because there is limited time and I may not be able to respond as fast as I want tomorrow because I'll be at work, I'll start providing the facts right away.

I will refer to numerous newspaper articles that are online, the constitution of Nigeria with particular reference to the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007, Fiscal Responsibility Act 2010, Procurement Act 2007, references to comments by Femi Falana, Prof Itse Sagay (SAN), Chief Robert Clarke (SAN), senior advocate, Mr. Emeka Ngige, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN) and Bamidele Aturu.  Also, I will refer to events that have hitherto not been reported or have been underreported until now because of the sensitive nature because it concerns interactions between Dimeji Bankole, Farida Waziri, IG of Police, President Jonathan and others.

I will discuss based on confirmed facts and for firsthand facts that have never been published I will acknowledge.  I will also be bold enough to predict future events and do an if-then analysis of where this 'case' might lead to.

Without further ado, allow me to begin;
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
Let's focus on the allegations current and previous:

1.  The 16-point charge filed in court against Dimeji Bankole
2.  The alleged N10bn loan fraud
3.  The alleged N2.4bn peugeot car purchase fraud
4.  The alleged N9bn budgetary allocation misappropriation fraud
5.  The alleged Rural Electrification (REA) project scam
6.  The alleged $1bn UBA slush/foreign account that belongs to Bankole

*.  Please inform me of any allegation I might have overlooked or never heard of.  Of course, I am almost certain that Keyamo and EFCC will come up with new ones in the next couple of days otherwise I would be gravely disappointed.  However in this case, I hope they'll be charges or suits and not media campaign of calumny as they are wont to do.

--break--
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by vislabraye(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Poster, are u saying Bakole is completely innocent ? Why did he try to flee ?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
Bankole fought corruption?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. The Mandela in Bankole? Please poster go and join Baba Suwe & Nkem Owoh because you certainly are their ilk. Mtchew!!!  angry angry angry
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
The 16-point charge filed against Bankole:

COUNT 1

That you, Dimeji Bankole and others now at large on or about 28th of May, 2008, within the jurisdiction of Federal High Court, being Body of Principal officers of the House of Representatives responsible for the approval of contracts in the House of Representatives, with intent to defraud, did conspire amongst yourselves to inflate the cost of 400 units of 40-inch Samsung (LNS. 341) television sets by approving the purchase of the said item at the rate of N525,000.00 per unit, instead of the prevailing market price of N295,000.00 and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 58(4)(a) of the Public Procurement Act No. 14 of 2007 and punishable under Section 58(5) of the same Act.

COUNT 2 more or less modified COUNT 1 by altering did conspire amongst yourselves to inflate with did inflate

The remaining 14 counts are somewhat similar but refer to other goods.  However all charges claim to have committed an offence contrary to Section 58(4)(a), 58(4)(b), 58(4)(e) and punishable under Section 58(5) of the same Act.

For full reference to the charges, visit:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-685301.0.html

--break--
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2011
vislabraye:

@Poster, are u saying Bakole is completely innocent ?
Are you scared?  Would you feel bad if you eventually found out that he is?  My answer is YES, I am certain he is completely innocent.  And if you have some patience, I would prove in my subsequent posts.

vislabraye:

Why did he try to flee ?
That is what EFCC told you through the media that they had intelligence reports to prove so.  However, how can they prove that?  Unless they caught him at an airport or border red-handed.  Possibilities include that they are lying or the reports are false if they ever existed. By the way, I know for a fact that he did not plan to flee. EFCC needed an excuse to arrest him on Sunday night and they believe they are not under compulsion to produce a security report.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by IbegbuPI: 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hungry Poster. Better go Aso Rock & queue for gutter sweepers. Gbenga & Akwe Doma are looking for shameless laundry men to help their image
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
naijababe:

Bankole fought corruption?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. The Mandela in Bankole? Please poster go and join Baba Suwe & Nkem Owoh because you certainly are their ilk. Mtchew!!!  angry angry angry

Well, if you ever read the news, or read my original post, you would be aware that:

Bankole as speaker established the committee to probe the $16bn power project which failed to deliver power to Nigerians as promised
Bankole established a committee to probe $35bn railway project
Bankole exposed N15 trillion unremitted Government revenue since 1999
Bankole, for the first time in Nigerian history, discovered an unspent N450bn budgetary allocation in 2007 [/b]and ensured they were [b]ploughed back into the 2008 budget.  Previously, unspent funds just disappear and are never returned at the end of the fiscal year

Are you saying the above don't qualify as fighting corruption?  Or are you saying my facts are not right?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
IbegbuPI:

Hungry Poster. Better go Aso Rock & queue for gutter sweepers. Gbenga & Akwe Doma are looking for shameless laundry men to help their image
Well, you can insult as much as you want but comments from people like you show exactly where you belong. Unless you post meaningful comments or ask sensible questions that I can respond to, don't feel too bad for being ignored. Now to the people that still know how to use their brains;
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
bioye:

Well, if you ever read the news, or read my original post, you would be aware that:

Bankole as speaker established the committee to probe the $16bn power project which failed to deliver power to Nigerians as promised
Bankole established a committee to probe $35bn railway project
Bankole exposed N15 trillion unremitted Government revenue since 1999
Bankole, for the first time in Nigerian history, discovered an unspent N450bn budgetary allocation in 2007 [/b]and ensured they were [b]ploughed back into the 2008 budget.  Previously, unspent funds just disappear and are never returned at the end of the fiscal year

Are you saying the above don't qualify as fighting corruption?  Or are you saying my facts are not right?

And what were the result of the probes o. The power probe found OBJ innocent as I recall. The unspent funds, what became of them? The railway probe? Outcome ?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
Back to the 16-count charge, the Sections referred to in the Procurement Act 2007 read thus:

Sections 58(4)(a), 58(4)(b),58(4)(e)
4) The following shall also constitute offences under this Act:
(a) entering or attempting to enter into a collusive agreement, whether enforceable or not, with a supplier, contractor or consultant where the prices quoted in their respective tenders, proposals or quotations are or would be higher than would have been the case has there not been collusion between the persons concerned ;
(b) conducting or attempting to conduct procurement fraud by means of fraudulent
and  corrupt  acts,  unlawful  influence,  undue  interest,  favor,  agreement,  bribery  or corruption ;

(e) bid-rigging;

Section 58(5)
(5) Any person who while carrying out his duties as an officer of the Bureau, or any procuring entity who contravenes any provision of this Act commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a cumulative punishment of:
(a) a term of imprisonment of not less than 5 calendar years without any option of fine
; and
(b) summary dismissal from government services.

My response to the above is that there is EFCC/Federal Republic of Nigeria has no case against Bankole.  Why?  The answers are in Section 20(2)(a) of the same Procurement Act below:

20(2) The accounting officer of every procuring entity shall have overall responsibility for the planning of, organization of tenders, evaluation of tenders
and execution of all procurements and in particular shall be responsible for :
(a) ensuring compliance with the provisions of this Act by his entity and liable in person for the breach or contravention of this Act or any regulation made hereunder whether or not the act or omission was carried out by him personally or any of his subordinates and it shall not be material that he had delegated any function duty or power to any person or group of persons ;

For your information, the Accounting Officer of the House of Representatives is the Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Salisu Maikasuwa and NOT ex-Speaker Oladimeji Sabur Bankole.  Ask any lawyer worth their mettle to challenge be above submission.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by gulfer: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
Guys add the jocular; the looks of the FORMER rep leader, the ever flashing teeth and DAUDA the sexy guy LIP-ALIKE is missing from the uncertain of what the future holds.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
BANK OLE
BANK THIEF, HOW BEFITTING.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
naijababe:

And what were the result of the probes o. The power probe found OBJ innocent as I recall. The unspent funds, what became of them? The railway probe? Outcome ?

I answered the question of unspent funds if only you you took time to READ my response right.  Well, I'm nice enough to repeat it for you - IT WAS RETURNED TO GOVERNMENT COFFERS AND ADDED TO FUNDS MEANT FOR THE 2008 BUDGET.  IN PAST YEARS, IT DISAPPEARED INTO THE POCKETS OF MINISTERS, CIVIL SERVANTS AND CO-HORTS.  

Now, I will admit to you, not all the probes were totally successful.  For the Power Probe, even though Bankole had good intentions, the chairman [/b]of the committee, Godwin Ndudi [b]Elumelu [/b]seemed to have been compromised and his[b] report was thrown out.  However, Hon. Tambuwal came up with a set of recommendations that were adopted by the House of Representatives.  Now, if you'll let me return to the other matters at hand;
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hence for the 16-point charge filed in court against Dimeji Bankole, there is no case against Bankole.  The only person that can be charged for those offences is the Clerk of the National Assembly.  CASE CLOSED!  Next, the alleged N10bn loan fraud:
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Muza(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
SO WHAT?,still doesnt change the fact that the mofo is a thief, and he shall pay,in this life or the hereafter
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by omanzo02: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
efisher: I personally like Bankole because of the way he speaks and smiles! Unfortunately, I do not know much about his principles and his integrity. As for the case, if he is guilty of stealing a kobo, he should be made to pay for it. If he is completely innocent, he has my support. Whether or not it is because he stepped on toes, justice MUST be served. Justice is justice no matter the path you take to reach it. The important thing is that judgment is fair.

Dude,

I did'nt know u like kpomo mouth, are u gay? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by oladayo042: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
OP must be someone very close to Bankole, either aide or family. The name "Oladimeji Bankole" posted this thread on Bankole's facebook page this morning even before there are replies to this thread. This might have been done anticipating that Nigerian youths will fall for OP's sermon. Thank God that didn't happen anyway.

If you are ready to do the crime, then be ready to do the time.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2011
bioye:

Hence for the 16-point charge filed in court against Dimeji Bankole, there is no case against Bankole.  The only person that can be charged for those offences is the Clerk of the National Assembly.  CASE CLOSED!  Next, the alleged N10bn loan fraud:

Then you ask the question:  If there's no case against Bankole for the current 16-point charge against him, why was he charged?  The answer is that EFCC did not want to release him because within 48 hours of detention, you have to either free a suspect or arraign him in court.  Of course, they didn't want to release him but[b] they didn't have a ready N10bn fraud case like they made everyone believe [/b], so Keyamo had to go and dust up the old document he had prepared 3 years ago on TV sets etc.  Hence the question is:  Why did EFCC make so much noise in the media over N10bn fraud?  Why did they arrest him for this case when they had not conducted sufficient investigation?  He should not have been arrested unless they were ready to charge him for the N10bn fraud in the first place!
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by LordTee: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2011
the truth is that Bankole deserves what he got, I suspect this post is  mercenary.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by andyanders: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
Poster,

I think you should re-access your brain and see if your defense for this man has any meaning. If you have been paid to defend this man, why not go to the court where your brother Bank-Ole is charged when the session is on and disrupt the court by tabling your own defense for this man? I think you have been paid or you have benefited from his loot. We can inform EFCC to come for you.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Bensonite: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
bioye,
It apppears you have a good defence for Bankole and you are also a close associate- my guess. We are waiting for your full analysis though you cannot convince anyone no matter how you try.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
bioye (m)

The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention!
« on: Today at 02:31:25 AM »

2. In the charges against Bankole, who are these 'others at large' that Keyamo has refused to name? ,

My layman law analysis: It’s a technique used by the prosecution to force an accused to plead guilty. By claiming there are (others who can give) incriminating evidence against you, your hand is forced to own up and reach for a plea bargain (lighter sentence/settlement); this way the case is timely closed. The risk of the accused not owning up is if case proceeds and a guilty verdict is eventually reached the sentence will definitely be much harsher then what would have been gotten with an “amicable settlement”. This was the technique used against Rapper Mystikal in his sexual battery case which helped him get 6 years as against a possible life imprisonment at worst.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by LordTee: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
quote from B.I.O.Y.E

'Why did they arrest him for this case when they had not conducted sufficient investigation?  He should not have been arrested unless they were ready to charge him for the N10bn fraud in the first place!'

he was arrested because the guy had perfected plans to show a clean pair of Achilles heels
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by andyanders: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
LORDTEE
quote from B.I.O.Y.E

'Why did they arrest him for this case when they had not conducted sufficient investigation? He should not have been arrested unless they were ready to charge him for the N10bn fraud in the first place!'

he was arrested because the guy had perfected plans to show a clean pair of Achilles heels

You said the truth and you have given it to the poster. I like that. The poster dont reason with his brain but his leg.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
LordTee:

quote from B.I.O.Y.E

'Why did they arrest him for this case when they had not conducted sufficient investigation?  He should not have been arrested unless they were ready to charge him for the N10bn fraud in the first place!'

At least you are attempting a reasonable response.  That's what EFCC fed to you.  I am impressed that you people believe in EFCC, Farida Waziri and Keyamo so much to believe the things they say about this case.  And you believe Farida and Keyamo are not corrupt. And you guys believe the only reason they arrested Bankole is because they believe he is corrupt!

The reason Bankole was arrested was to[b] implicate Tambuwal[/b] in the alleged N10bn scam to detain Tambuwal so he won't be present and be able to contest [/b]for the [b]position of new Speaker the next day.  This is because Jonathan wanted a SouthWest woman as Speaker and not Tambuwal.

N[b]OW, THE FOLLOWING IS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION: [/b] You'll read it first here.  Jonathan wants a single 7-year term.  He needs to have 100% control of the Senate and the House of Representatives to achieve that.  He does not want to risk loosing the chance the way Obasanjo lost third term.  This among other reasons is why the House of Reps are not ready to do his bidding.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nairaboi(m): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
Y call sum1 a fool weda he is rite or not? . My judgement : Anyone who calls anoda a fool on dis forum is but a biga fool . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls At State House(pics) / Child Theft: Buhari Commends Police For Discovering False Correctional Centres / Daniel Leads S-west PDP For Jonathan’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.