Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls (3013 Views)

If Only May Yuledochie Listened To This Advice 2 weeks ago. / MEN!! Stop Being Like This For These WH0R£S!! Learn To HAVE STANDARDS!! (Photos) / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Tobam7302: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
I don't know why I am just different from everyone. For most of my life I have always been the quiet one in any group even if I wish I could also be free like anyone else.

And now I am in the university. I am still the same maybe even worse, I am pratically a loner now. The virtual stuff we are doing is not even helping matter at all.

Before I gained admission I have always hoped that university will probably change me, but I am in 200 level now nothing has changed. It's like I don't have that fast thinking to give good replies to conversations (especially Yoruba ). And my friend is like the complete opposite of me; free with everyone, funny, witty with words and stuffs.

I can count the number of things I say per day. I just want to get better than this and meet new people. I am going to be 20 next year, yet no babe or even female friends. Shey I even get male sef talkless of female.

My parents sef are probably hoping for some changes. One of my Granny's last words to me was 'when will you not be shy again'. I just laughed then but it's really serious to me... No day pass without me thinking about this.

I just envy people that are just so fucking good at talking, especially this funny bangers people do ( I am so bad at this. I will probably just bore the person out).

The worst part is the way people treat you like a kid just because I don't talk the way, I am supposed to. I am just depressed. Anytime I go out, I always come back depressed, why?. When I see the quality of conversations people have and how fun and confident they are talking. My friend is probably tired of me. Phone calls sef na trouble. No one calls me except my parents.

What do I do to be normal, how do I live like others and just enjoy life? I have even thought about taking weed to help me that's how desperate I am.

If you have experienced this before please how did you overcome.This is really draining me. I just wanted to let it all out sorry if the post is long.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Safeday: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
Na serious matter be this
Over to the dons cheesy
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Pweetiedude(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Your confidence level is low. Work on it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by MufasaLion: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
You're suffering from inferiority complex. Your self-esteem is so low. I'd urge to brace up and engage more in conversations with your friends. It might not be easy at first, but little drops makes and ocean.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by MufasaLion: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
You're suffering from inferiority complex. Your self-esteem is so low. I'd urge to brace up and engage more in conversations with your friends. It might not be easy at first, but little drops makes an ocean.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Deborah98(f): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
Typical example of my fourth sibling. She's practically the good, obedient and most loved. Very quiet,less associating and rarely talk. She just finished writing waec we even thought the exam will expose her to people and make her less introverted than she is for where, she'll come home after the exam straight to the room to read for her next paper. And the worst she's easily intimated and always looking frightened. I understand your plight @Op, people like that are just cool with everything and everyone,no much stress, just you and yourself but believe me it can be boring. Just try and free up somethings within you,be a conversation starter,find something to talk about with someone. Stroll around and greet people, walk into stores, outlets or any place at all,try starting up a conversation after greeting. I used to be an introvert before due to my speech problem but mehn I rather be accepted for who I am than die in silence.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Mrluv(m): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
Deborah98:
Typical example of my fourth sibling. She's practically the good, obedient and most loved. Very quiet,less associating and rarely talk. She just finished writing waec we even thought the exam will expose her to people and make her less introverted than she is for where, she'll come home after the exam straight to the room to read for her next paper. And the worst she's easily intimated and always looking frightened. I understand your plight @Op, people like that are just cool with everything and everyone,no much stress, just you and yourself but believe me it can be boring. Just try and free up somethings within you,be a conversation starter,find something to talk about with someone. Stroll around and greet people, walk into stores, outlets or any place at all,try starting up a conversation after greeting. I used to be an introvert before due to my speech problem but mehn I rather be accepted for who I am than die in silence.
Yo stammer?
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Deborah98(f): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mrluv:
Yo stammer?
nope. I talk really fast and sometimes not audible enough.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by iKingsley(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hmm... This is typical me in your post.
It is not funny at all
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by DSC7: 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hmmmm.....

Oga OP you are not alone bro......

Battling with same issue.....

To talk sef dey hard me. ..

I think more than i speak.....

At my age no friends or bae.....

Just dey live my life on a low....

Well make me sef position here learn one or two cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by oazeez1991(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tobam7302:
I don't know why I am just different from everyone. For most of my life I have always been the quiet one in any group even if I wish I could also be free like anyone else.

And now I am in the university. I am still the same maybe even worse, I am pratically a loner now. The virtual stuff we are doing is not even helping matter at all.

Before I gained admission I have always hoped that university will probably change me, but I am in 200 level now nothing has changed. It's like I don't have that fast thinking to give good replies to conversations (especially Yoruba ). And my friend is like the complete opposite of me; free with everyone, funny, witty with words and stuffs.

I can count the number of things I say per day. I just want to get better than this and meet new people. I am going to be 20 next year, yet no babe or even female friends. Shey I even get male sef talkless of female.

My parents sef are probably hoping for some changes. One of my Granny's last words to me was 'when will you not be shy again'. I just laughed then but it's really serious to me... No day pass without me thinking about this.

I just envy people that are just so fucking good at talking, especially this funny bangers people do ( I am so bad at this. I will probably just bore the person out).

The worst part is the way people treat you like a kid just because I don't talk the way, I am supposed to. I am just depressed. Anytime I go out, I always come back depressed, why?. When I see the quality of conversations people have and how fun and confident they are talking. My friend is probably tired of me. Phone calls sef na trouble. No one calls me except my parents.

What do I do to be normal, how do I live like others and just enjoy life? I have even thought about taking weed to help me that's how desperate I am.

If you have experienced this before please how did you overcome.This is really draining me. I just wanted to let it all out sorry if the post is long.

U might just be an introvert from ur description. It's who u are, there is little u could do as ur personality is ur identity. Since u are in school setting, u might start by joining a forum or club in ur school where people get 2 introduce themselves at every meeting, it wouldn't be easy at first, but with time, u gonna improve.

I am an introvert too, and what I suggested was what helped me 2 some extent till date. Thou, it didn't tk away d introversion in me, but made me improve at canvasing with people. As an introvert, one need 2 learn 2 fake being extrovert 2 survive this extroverts dominated world. Stuff like those do get me exhausted on a daily, but I do return home 2 recharge and prepare 4 d next day.

I recommend u also read d book by Susan Cain titled, 'QUIET, THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING'.

Meanwhile, are u Pisces or Cancer based on Zodiac Sign?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2021

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by larryking540: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tobam7302:

all because of peer pressure,my guy face your book look for a group reading partners mix with both male and females ,which course are u studying by the way
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by larryking540: 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
dear all
please this goes to both parents and siblings ,we are in a stage of more introvert than extrovert,now observe OP case and another guy who also complains of such problem of not been able to communicate properly ,when we stay glue to our moblie phone while other use the term my phone is my best friend ,my people there is a big problem ,, and it's going to get worst as the days role by ,2 adults go on a date all they do most of the time is just press their phone ,or most adults can't handle conflicts face to face except behind keyboard pressing ...it's so sickening and I pity for this new generation ,

my advice to parents and guidance creat time for your kids and siblings to associate with other person's around your vicinity it helps alot ,phone aside

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
oazeez1991:

I am an introvert too, and what I suggested was what helped me 2 some extent till date. Thou, it didn't tk away d introversion in me, but made me improve at canvasing with people. As an introvert, one need 2 learn 2 fake being extrovert 2 survive this extroverts dominated world. Stuff like those do get me exhausted on a daily, but I do return home 2 recharge and prepare 4 d next day.
Yeah, meeting people is just sooo tiring for me and can be depressing. Imagine not feeling lonely when alone, but feeling lonely when around pple

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by qhulboi: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
When a Nigerian babe breaks your heart, my brother you'll come out with testimony because all these go change automatically...

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Theama(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
DSC7:
Hmmmm.....

Oga OP you are not alone bro......

Battling with same issue.....

To talk sef dey hard me. ..

I think more than i speak.....

At my age no friends or bae.....

Just dey live my life on a low....

Well make me sef position here learn one or two cool

Same here
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Jeremani: 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
If your are guilty of this stop it.

Masturbation

E go make u look like say u be introvert.

But if u are not doing it,
Then hit the street especially uni talk to babes,

E no hard la,
Person like me, I don't give a fvck, I talk when am supposed to, I dey Jones people,

Guy if u are quiet I swear u lose many things

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by DanteSilva(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
Before I used to talk a lot, it was so bad that I get up every morning praying the Lord helps me control my tongue. Now I don't talk much and it's because I find people interesting and I want to listen.

The problem is that you think about not making a fool of yourself by talking but I'll advice you to go out and deliberately meet people especially females, be a good listener from their you can start talking by giving your input.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by soundOsonic: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
You probably have altism
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by revived: 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
Op

Read books ( intellectual books that will sharpen your communication skills)
Attend social gatherings but don't let it affect your studies

It will help.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by arthurwillia(m): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tobam7302:

Everyone not same, take solace in online chatting, download bumble, tinder and chat
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by nitt: 12:13am On Nov 26, 2021
It's not a bad thing op.

You are who you are.

We can't all be extroverts, funny and jovial.

Life will not have a balance if we all possess the same characteristics.

I can advice you to meet people online, engage in chats, and take it from there. That's the beauty of the Internet and social media.

There are apps like Twitter, FB Messenger, Muzmatch etc for your online social interactions.

Don't stress yourself bro.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Double0h7(f): 12:28am On Nov 26, 2021
The problem is this whole comparing yourself to others. You try to get to know yourself, focus on self development as far as self acceptance and getting to know your strengths and weaknesses. You don't have to be someone else. Get to know you and learn to love and appreciation yourself. You're still very young and you will be a different person as time goes on.

Enjoy the extroverts in your life, laugh at their jokes and enjoy their stories. Most people love to talk and they love quiet people who let them do all the talking. Start by asking questions about the other person, be interested in their life and really listen.

Being an introvert isn't the problem but wanting to be somebody else is the problem.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by CedarHoldings: 12:41am On Nov 26, 2021
Op non of the advice here will help you, am your senior man, am 30+ the habit you wrote there is mine, am even single, see! God is a wonderful God he created short people, tall people, e t c, and he didn't give them same character/habit, if it was he gave them same character/habit we could have say we are not normal but no, we are normal it just our personality, find friends that knows your trait and ready to abide, even girlfriend that can live with your trait,

Ask yourself this question is your personality saving you from danger? If yes you on the right track, because my character has been saving me times without numbers, i could have join cult when it so rampant in Ado ekiti that year, my friends are member in one or the other and surely that society will waste me,
So my guy just be cool, some will like you like that, some will hate you, just dress nice and smell well, some admire me for that alone, but i don't return it, you will be approving little by little when you are getting older by then people will term you as egoistic.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Zeel007: 1:07am On Nov 26, 2021
Tobam7302:

Read self development books. Books by John maxwell, John mason, Tony robbin, Stephen coveye.t.c and also listen to motivational talks by Les brown, Eric Thomas, Tony robbin. You can download them on YouTube.

I used to be that quiet before, to the extent that I can't look someone eye ball to eyeball to converse. When I started reading books, I had a change orientation to the extent that I became so confident over time, very bold and I could address anybody I wish to talk to without fear or shyness. Books will make you discover you discover yourself honestly.

And my advice, dont take weed o, it will destroy your life eventually due to addiction, cos it will lead you to taking other drugs eventually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by vikgreen01(m): 1:26am On Nov 26, 2021
Tobam7302:

Bros op try and support or b a fan of any sport. U will find ur self arguing from morning til night especially in the football world, from there u become a talkative grin
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Tobam7302: 6:46am On Nov 26, 2021
oazeez1991:

U might just be an introvert from ur description. It's who u are, there is little u could do as ur personality is ur identity. Since u are in school setting, u might start by joining a forum or club in ur school where people get 2 introduce themselves at every meeting, it wouldn't be easy at first, but with time, u gonna improve.

I recommend u also read d book by Susan Cain titled, 'QUIET, THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT CAN'T STOP TALKING'.

Meanwhile, are u Pisces or Cancer based on Zodiac Sign?

I am pisces

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakings News!! Tinubu Just Died Now Now / a / How To Make A Woman Yearn For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.