Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community (25335 Views)

What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? / Atheist Come Here And Reason With African Traditional Faithful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
I am not an atheist,I will rather identify as an agnostic but I am definitely not religious I gave up on religion 4 years ago and never going back.(I am fancying Buddhism as a philosophy sha)

I won't identify as an atheist I still have a belief in God I believe that God doesn't have a religion but then I agree that atheism and freethought is growing here.

A lot of persons are using their head to question things and that is good, the astrological part of me would say that this is the age of Aquarius in action cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by eddieguru(m): 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2021
Namnam:

Checked stats online
HOw can I join this community
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
DemMannaScam:
More confusion for you

Meanwhile the church of Jesus keeps growing & waxing stronger

Still can't relate
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by DemMannaScam: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nothing changes
Remain confused
The church still grows cheesy

Semaj77:

Still can't relate
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Detuner: 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2021
"Have you considered him who has taken his whims and desires for his god? Then God knowingly allows him to stray, sealing his hearing and his heart, and has placed a veil over his vision. So who can guide him after God? Will you not reflect?"

Quran 45:23

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
DemMannaScam:
Nothing changes
Remain confused
The church still grows cheesy

Still can't relate asswipe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by wirinet(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
Adakintroy:

I will drag whoever I want into this. I did not insult anyone..I asked a perfectly valid question Did your parents believe in God?. am guessing yes they did. Can you say they were deluded or mad? .am not refering to him( the other guy now) rather am asking you directly. You can see clear there is no insult here. Just a perfectly valid neutral question. Pls answer me. I did not insult them note that. Unless you are bringing sentiments into rational discuss.

Did your parents believe in God?

I have never discussed my parents with anyone outside family not to talk of some username on an anonymous forum. In my over 10 years on nairaland I have never have to discuss my parents or family for that matter with anyone and I will not start today.

If your religion and adopted culture teaches not to respect the old and aged, that's your problem, but in African culture parents are off-limits. Parents and children (adult) do not have to have identical political, religious and social views.

Children of Muslims convert to Christianity and vice versa. Children of Christians convert to animists or atheists. Fela was a typical example, his father was a highly respected reverend. Fela converted to traditional religion and changed his name. That doesn't mean you have the right to insult his father.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Adakintroy: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2021
wirinet:

I have never discussed my parents with anyone outside family not to talk of some username on an anonymous forum. In my over 10 years on nairaland I have never have to discuss my parents or family for that matter with anyone and I will not start today.

If your religion and adopted culture teaches not to respect the old and aged, that's your problem, but in African culture parents are off-limits. Parents and children (adult) do not have to have identical political, religious and social views.

Children of Muslims convert to Christianity and vice versa. Children of Christians convert to animists or atheists. Fela was a typical example, his father was a highly respected reverend. Fela converted to traditional religion and changed his name. That doesn't mean you have the right to insult his father.

I only ask asimple question. Did your parents believe in God. You would have been the one to insult them not me if your answer was in the right. I guess you sense it coming hence the maruading to the left and right. I respeCT parents so much so am even on the side of your parents just now. You are not.

.that's what arrogance gets you with knowledge. The audacity to call everyone who do not believe in a non God state as ignorant just because you wish to push your idea across is plain ridiculous. That's you not remotely acknowledging events that conspire to bring you here. No matter how primitive you judge them. Yes you could have been the one to honor your father in truth and in spirit. Not me. I ask you have you had he courage to confront your father on his believe. However civil you can manifest your confronts. If you
haven't then by all account you a weakling coward at best. Courage defeats you. Like I told him charity begins at home not with the world.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 1Sharon(f): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
WibusJaga:

You can't deny the existence of God when you look at the beauty & intricate designs of nature.
The issue has always been to understand or explain the nature of this God. & that's where religion comes in, which is purely based on beliefs.
You may say you don't believe in religion viz Christianity, Islam etc, but not to doubt the existence of Supreme being.

Nature is not beautiful, it is brutal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 1Sharon(f): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ugandatales:

How did you come up with this number? Atheist in Nigeria can be compared to an ice berg...you are only seeing the tip of the ice berg, cos a lot more are in the closet. I'm an atheist, but no one around me knows... there are a lot of people like me out there.

Please, life is too short be in the closet.

If it's family I understood, but why hide yourself from brainwashed mofos
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Pr0ton: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am not an atheist,I will rather identify as an agnostic but I am definitely not religious I gave up on religion 4 years ago and never going back.(I am fancying Buddhism as a philosophy sha)

I won't identify as an atheist I still have a belief in God I believe that God doesn't have a religion but then I agree that atheism and freethought is growing here.

A lot of persons are using their head to question things and that is good, the astrological part of me would say that this is the age of Aquarius in action cool

This makes you a deist, not an agnostic. Agnostics are rather a set of confused people who claim to believe in God and not believe in God.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 1Sharon(f): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
Remman:
You're confusing NON-CHURCH goers with atheist... Put them in a car that is about to have accident and see how they will shout JESUS more than you! Nigeria in particular is more religious than Israel. Wake up, op.

Shebi you Christians love to call non-practising Christians Luke warm Christians, now you want to claim them to prove a point?

The hypocrisy of you Christians is outstanding
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by wirinet(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Adakintroy:

I only ask asimple question. Did your parents believe in God. You would have been the one to insult them not me if your answer was in the right. I guess you sense it coming hence the maruading to the left and right. I respeCT parents so much so am even on the side of your parents just now. You are not.

.that's what arrogance gets you with knowledge. The audacity to call everyone who do not believe in a non God state as ignorant just because you wish to push your idea across is plain ridiculous. That's you not remotely acknowledging events that conspire to bring you here. No matter how primitive you judge them. Yes you could have been the one to honor your father in truth and in spirit. Not me. I ask you have you had he courage to confront your father on his believe. However civil you can manifest your confronts. If you
haven't then by all account you a weakling coward at best. Courage defeats you. Like I told him charity begins at home not with the world.

You respect parents so much and yet you made the following statements.
Adakintroy:

So now we can agree your father fed you bullshit and he was demented.

So have you ever question him about his madness.

You think insulting his parents was the Christian way to convince him.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 1Sharon(f): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Matthewdan:
Abeg where their head office dae i wn register

grin
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
TAGM:
Better count 1sharon, lordreed and crystyano out of this numbers. God is on their matter already.

In other words,

God is trying to kill me....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Detuner: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
Atheism is a religion, that's a fact!
It's a religion borne out of desires for those who though they know their is God, but chose to live in denial. Their reason for joining atheism is ALWAYS an emotional one. When the chips are down they always expose their foolery.

Here's Richard Dawkins, the "pope" of Atheism, calling out for God,when he was caught off guard with the simplest of questions. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv2U2Xp2Nu8

I don't argue with Johnny Just Come "Atheists", whom for the most parts, are just self confused Theists masquerading as Atheist. "Atheist" is a trendy word in this our modern age, and many are just simply trend followers.

The premise for establishing any rational or logical debate is in itself contradictory to Atheist doctrine. The concept of Objective Morality does not exist in Atheism. An Atheist whos trying to use the concept of right and wrong to make a case for Atheism is not only hypocritical, but also fooling himself. Evolution, Darwinism, and Natural selection are their gods. They would tell you human behavior is shaped by their need to survive so as to procreate. " spread the genes" they say. Yet, same Atheist would tell you it's bad to have more than one wife and many children, and theyll rationalize homosexuality. Their very lifestyle and belief is self contradictory.

Objective morality is inherent to human nature. It's not something humans need to be taught or experience. It's the ultimate proof of the existence of a higher Supreme being, who made it inherent upon his creatures. Atheism is not a rational belief.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
1Sharon:

They might kill him.... or regard him like a lunatic or slowpoke or do all that I've stated....
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by A001: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
Pr0ton:

This makes you a deist, not an agnostic. Agnostics are rather a set of confused people who claim to believe in God and not believe in God.
You're obviously the confused one.

Can you quote an agnostic you know that told that contradictory nonsense (the highlighted) that only exists in your head?
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
1Sharon:

They might kill him.... or regard him like a lunatic or slowpoke or do all that I've stated....
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
A001:

Can you quote an agnostic you know that told that contradictory nonsense (the highlighted) that only exists in your head?

Since there's no limit to what exists,
How can existence have a beginning
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by wirinet(m): 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
In related news, an aid to the Bayelsa State Governor has renounced Christianity to adopt his local religion, Egbesu worship - https://www.nairaland.com/6869580/bodmas-kemepadei-dumps-christianity-egbesu
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 1Sharon(f): 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
The bible has a lot of questions that pastors cannot answer. They will then proceed to gaslight and accuse you of disobeying authority because of a simple question.

It's a scam

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
A001:

How can you have the totality of existence/God Almighty as stated by Otem when existence has no beginning?
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Adakintroy: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
wirinet:

You respect parents so much and yet you made the following statements.

You think insulting his parents was the Christian way to convince him.

I told you to read the thread and get the context. Again you struggling Truth be told. I was infering from his logic. So since you all are one I will context it for you. He was actually the one to assert that people who believe in God were demented. Again go follow the thread the see who is telling the truth here. so I asked him. if his father believe in God if ..if yes that means his father fed him bullshit and was demented. It's not thesame as an insult. It's follow him up on his logic truthfully.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 1Sharon(f): 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
So because they're not meeting up with your expectations makes them hypocritical? Now I get where you're coming from... undecided

Nah. If you christians don't take your religion seriously, how do you expect an atheist to take it seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by A001: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
Crystyano:

How can you have the totality of existence/God Almighty as stated by Otem when existence has no beginning?
Ask Google. Do I look like Otem to you?
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by DemMannaScam: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Dead brain filthy animal
Remain confused
The church keeps growing cheesy

Semaj77:

Still can't relate asswipe
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by A001: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Crystyano:

Since there's no limit to what exists,
How can existence have a beginning
Did you and I have a previous discussion where I told you this?
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
A001:

Ask Google. Do I look like Otem to you?

Since Google can't do anything about it,
I remain opposed to certain things...
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by A001: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
Crystyano:

Since Google can't do anything about it,
I remain opposed to certain things...
Okay. That's none of my business.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
A001:

Did you and I have a previous discussion where I told you this?

Don't worry

I'm tired of talking about these things
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by A001: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
Crystyano:

Don't worry

I'm tired of talking about these things
Okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas / South African Pastor Feeds Church Members Engine Oil (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.