Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community (25143 Views)

What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? / Atheist Come Here And Reason With African Traditional Faithful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Oyiboman69: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2021
backbencher:

And after when someone mocks your religious belief you would cry intolerance

Be more tolerant. You can disagree with atheists sans abuse
is it also a religion?... however, what we have are people who worship other things and non Church goers not atheist.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by biotechshola(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

You think it's "easy" being an atheist?

anyways it's the first one, that was my first step that set me on the path

What are your convictions if you don't mind?
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:33am On Nov 27, 2021
LordIsaac:
All that is required of them is to have heard the gospel of Christ at least once. Scripture says, the fool saith in his heart that there's no God. There's God o!

SHUT UP!!! WHICH SCRIPTURE? IF YOU THINK EVERYONE MUST SHARE SAME BELIEF WITH YOU, THEN YOU HAVE A HUGE MENTAL PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by alphaNomega: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2021
Namnam:
The atheists of Nigeria are 900 thousand people currently and growing especially as more Nigerians move to the cities and as public security starts cracking down more and more on jihadism and fundamentalist Islam as time passes means Nigeria is gonna become increasingly secular as time passes. Thoughts on this trend?

It is a welcome development. I appreciate the enlightenment COVID-19 gave most of us as regards following religious leaders blindly.

We know their level of insincerity is astonishing but it is kind of fun to hear them talk

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Minemrys: 9:36am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Keep dreaming . The average Nigerian is religious so it's only God that knows where you got this figure from .
Don't be sure. Many Nigerians are just practicing religion on face value and still question the existence of a supreme being. There are many, so just speak for yourself. There are hypocrites, the skeptics, the spiritual, the average Nigerian isn't religious. If they were, your country would be a lot better.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:37am On Nov 27, 2021
segunelijah01:
''only the fool would say there is no God''. There is one God, Jesus is His name. He shall reign, His Kingdom and Dominion will never come to an end. Only the sin-free christians (saints) will reign with Him. Amen.

TRY SOMETHING NEW, THIS QUOTE IS OVERUSED. YOU HAVE NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO SAY. RELIGION IS A SCAM

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by 2kurupt(m): 9:42am On Nov 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:
I don’t think we we have so much atheists like that in Nigeria( by atheists i mean people who actually don’t believe in the existence of God/the supreme being) , rather what we have in Nigeria is a growing case of people that have stopped going to church or mosque because they’ve grown tired of it and have seen the hypocrisy of some of the proponents of the two major religions.

Nigerians (especially the youth ) are just not interested in what pastors and Islamic clerics have to say.

Very true. I guess they're confusing refusal to attend religious gatherings as not believing in God.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Ola17: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2021
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]
Shhhh

Have you eaten today ?

Man shall not live by bread alone.

So is being able to afford food your greatest achievement?
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Minemrys: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2021
Ishilove:
Don't use that one to disturb us. If you people like you can live as godless, stiff-necked heathens that's una business. We have more pressing issues troubling us in this country.
And what have those that are godful in Nigeria done to better it's society? Build more mosques and churches of various denominations and pit themselves against each other? Yea, right. Many wars in this world started as a result of religion, and the world is yet to be a better place.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Ammishaddai: 9:43am On Nov 27, 2021
Minemrys:

Don't be sure. Many Nigerians are just practicing religion on face value and still question the existence of a supreme being. There are many, so just speak for yourself. There are hypocrites, the skeptics, the spiritual, the average Nigerian isn't religious. If they were, your country would be a lot better.
Oga, every religion has adherents who have doubts, but that doesn't mean they're stupid enough to say they are atheists .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2021
Ishilove:
Don't use that one to disturb us. If you people like you can live as godless, stiff-necked heathens that's una business. We have more pressing issues troubling us in this country.

Pressing issues caused by religion largely

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2021
Loreettaa:
Cooooooks, hopefullandlord, hahn, atheistandproud... Semaj77
Dem dem dem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2021
DemMannaScam:
Fake stats

Christians outnumber mozlems in nigeria, but your stats show other wise.

It means ur atheist claims are false too...

How do you know Christians outnumber Muslims Pulling stats from your ass again

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2021
Oyiboman69:
is it also a religion?... however, what we have are people who worship other things and non Church goers not atheist.

We have atheists. Don't deny it, you don't have to be scared that we have atheists.( And yes, I know and have met Nigerian atheists. )

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Minemrys: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, every religion has adherents who have doubts, but that doesn't mean they're stupid enough to say they are atheists .
Stupid enough. What makes you think they are stupid? Like seriously, if you ever read the religious books, you would find a lot of stories in them ridiculous. People turning to salt, animal talking, people rising from the dead, a baby talking. Just cause you have your faith doesn't mean another is stupid. Plus, I am not an atheist.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 9:50am On Nov 27, 2021
Thunderfayayou:
[code][/code]

How much will I be paid if I convert to atheist

Before God and man na money dey my mind now

Is anyone paying you to be a Christian or Muslim ? So why should you be paid to be an atheist
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by studentwriter(m): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2021
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Hunger is causing it. When you are hungry and frustrated you become angry at everyone and everything. You curse your parents , you curse your debtors and those who you are owing money too. You curse your lineage and country and finally your curse your creator and suddenly stop believing in anything due to a rumbling empty stomach grin

All these so called atheists in Nigeria are hungry ,broke people who have tried to borrow money from everywhere no one helped them. They prayed countless times for help and none came,They converted from Christianity to Islam and back n forth looking for money to rent a one room to sleep in.

Finally one guy is claims to be an atheist gave them 2k to eat which looks like 1 billion to them and immediately they join and start ranting that do called Christians and Muslims and evil ... All because of 2k shocked
the major root and cause of atheism is frustration and poverty.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by studentwriter(m): 9:53am On Nov 27, 2021
Boschh:
The concept of Religion in Nigeria can transform any man to an Atheist in the Blink of an Eye.
you're right.
Christianity and Islam in Nigeria is a joke
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Ammishaddai: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2021
Minemrys:

Stupid enough. What makes you think they are stupid? Like seriously, if you ever read the religious books, you would find a lot of stories in them ridiculous. People turning to salt, animal talking, people rising from the dead, a baby talking. Just cause you have your faith doesn't mean another is stupid. Plus, I am not an atheist.
Oga, I don't really care what you are right now , so let's toss that out of this conversation and face the facts here : Nigeria doesn't have a tangible population that's large enough to be called "atheists" talk more of have a growing number . Why ? Because the average Nigerian is religious and superstitious , and a society that's led by those two systems of belief are always going to be predominantly religious in whatever context you place it .
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by DemMannaScam: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2021
Semaj77:

How do you know Christians outnumber Muslims Pulling stats from your ass again

Not only in nigeria, but the entire world.

E shock you abi? U neva even see anything yet...

The church is marching on, the gates of hell shall not prevail.

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2021
Namnam:
The atheists of Nigeria are 900 thousand people currently and growing especially as more Nigerians move to the cities and as public security starts cracking down more and more on jihadism and fundamentalist Islam as time passes means Nigeria is gonna become increasingly secular as time passes. Thoughts on this trend?
it's a good trend.

I have nothing to say to the brainwashed sheeple

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2021
Minemrys:

The bible has a lot of questions that pastors cannot answer. They will then proceed to gaslight and accuse you of disobeying authority because of a simple question.

It's a scam

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by WibusJaga: 10:12am On Nov 27, 2021
Namnam:

You can't deny the existence of God when you look at the beauty & intricate designs of nature.
The issue has always been to understand or explain the nature of this God. & that's where religion comes in which is purely based on beliefs.
You may say you don't believe in religion viz Christianity, Islam etc, but not to doubt the existence of Supreme being.
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by warlordd(m): 10:14am On Nov 27, 2021
I believe in atheism afterall religion has proven to be a scam. Come to think of it most atheists countries are far better in terms of citzens welfare.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by benson81(m): 10:16am On Nov 27, 2021
Namnam:
Mumu, which census give you their number as 900k undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Minemrys: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, I don't really care what you are right now , so let's toss that out of this conversation and face the facts here : Nigeria doesn't have a tangible population that's large enough to be called "atheists" talk more of have a growing number . Why ? Because the average Nigerian is religious and superstitious , and a society that's led by those two systems of belief are always going to be predominantly religious in whatever context you place it .
And my issue here is on the word religious. Nigerians aren't religious, just superstitious and hypocritical.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Ammishaddai: 10:32am On Nov 27, 2021
Minemrys:

And my issue here is on the word religious. Nigerians aren't religious, just superstitious and hypocritical.
So because they're not meeting up with your expectations makes them hypocritical? Now I get where you're coming from... undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Realtalk20: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2021
[s]
Ola17:

Man shall not live by bread alone.

So is being able to afford food your greatest achievement?
[/s]

As a Nigerian atheist I am certain you haven't eaten today

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by kingxsamz(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:
I don’t think we we have so much atheists like that in Nigeria( by atheists i mean people who actually don’t believe in the existence of God/the supreme being) , rather what we have in Nigeria is a growing case of people that have stopped going to church or mosque because they’ve grown tired of it and have seen the hypocrisy of some of the proponents of the two major religions.

Nigerians (especially the youth ) are just not interested in what pastors and Islamic clerics have to say.

That's how it all begins.
That's how religion lose its value in a society.
Once people start getting enlightened, every lie starts becoming clear. It's a slow process.
10 years ago, we didn't have people openly criticizing religion like we have now.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by Semaj77(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2021
DemMannaScam:

Not only in nigeria, but the entire world.

E shock you abi? U neva even see anything yet...

The church is marching on, the gates of hell shall not prevail.

You got your "facts" online and he got his online as well , how do you know which one is true
Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by kingxsamz(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2021
theantidote:
Community of fools
How could a wise person look at everything around us and claim they came into existence on their own
Lol, cry till tomorrow. The community is growing. Everyone will not become atheists, but most folks will realize the scam In these religions that preach heaven, hell and other bullshits pastors use in scamming gullible folks.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community by kingxsamz(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2021
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Hunger is causing it. When you are hungry and frustrated you become angry at everyone and everything. You curse your parents , you curse your debtors and those who you are owing money too. You curse your lineage and country and finally your curse your creator and suddenly stop believing in anything due to a rumbling empty stomach grin

All these so called atheists in Nigeria are hungry ,broke people who have tried to borrow money from everywhere no one helped them. They prayed countless times for help and none came,They converted from Christianity to Islam and back n forth looking for money to rent a one room to sleep in.

Finally one guy is claims to be an atheist gave them 2k to eat which looks like 1 billion to them and immediately they join and start ranting that do called Christians and Muslims and evil ... All because of 2k shocked

Lol, I didn't know all Christians and church goers are millionaires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

"Stop Complaining" - Pastor Adeboye Tells Nigerians / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.