Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) (1403 Views)

Foreign Students Scrambling For Selfie With Jonathan - Pics / Finally: Gej's Trekkers Meets Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan[pics] / Afrocandy Campaigns For Jonathan (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by egift(m): 1:52am On Jun 10, 2011
President Obama met with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan at the White House on Wednesday, and the leaders “reaffirmed the strong bilateral partnership between the two countries,” the White House said.

In a readout of the meeting that was released Thursday, the White House said Obama “personally congratulated” Jonathan on the success of Nigeria’s recent elections, which “deepened the foundation for future democratic contests.”

Here’s the full readout of the meeting:

“President Obama and President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria met at the White House on Wednesday, June 8 and reaffirmed the strong bilateral partnership between the two countries. The President personally congratulated President Jonathan on the success of Nigeria’s recent elections, which deepened the foundation for future democratic contests. The leaders discussed how the Jonathan administration can build on this momentum by investing in Nigeria’s energy supply, agricultural productivity, democratic institutions, and security sector. The President called on President Jonathan to make fighting corruption a national priority and a critical step in ensuring the necessary conditions for sustained economic growth and lasting prosperity. The President thanked President Jonathan for his leadership both regionally and within the United Nations Security Council on pressing issues such as Sudan, Libya, and Cote d’Ivoire. Both leaders agreed to continue to work together to promote peace and security.”

Source
Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by egift(m): 1:53am On Jun 10, 2011
More pics, view here

Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by Gekko(m): 2:03am On Jun 10, 2011
Whoa! Obama dey crunch knuckle o!  That looks like a weak handshake from our president.  lipsrsealed
Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by egift(m): 2:07am On Jun 10, 2011
Musiwa,,:

which election success are you talking about egift. you make me laugh, the election was rigged. like i have always said it is impossible to conduct free and fair election in nigeria. all of the parties rigged the election
Am quote the official statement from the White House. If you ask my opinion, I will say he rushed to the US to lean credibility to the PDP fraud - the largest scam in Nigeria's history cry
Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by egift(m): 2:10am On Jun 10, 2011

Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by egift(m): 2:17am On Jun 10, 2011
While I admire the US interest in promoting democratic rule around the world - but when they support the type scam like the ones pulled by PDP, it becomes obvious that US interest (in oil and trade) is the only thing they care about.
Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
Musiwa,,:

egift, you are right,  He just used Obama, the same thing he did to Pastor adeboye. He just need the pictures to show nigerian. look like they just be playing games with obama.

And people like Obama , do not understand how nigeria works.

here is the issue, Jonathan is scared to do the right thing because he is scared of the north. To be honest with you, he piss in his pant in the present of the north. He is in abuja surrounded by northerners. he cant do shit1. they will gun him down.

He is so unfortunate to be president at this critical time in nigeria. it is wrong timing for him. it is not the right time. I think a yorubaman would have been the best person to be president at this critical time. Because of population, if he was yoruba would can stand up to the  north.  he will get away with it. the north will think twice

if you look at the issue of civil right in nigeria. 90% of the civil right advocates are yorubas. we can be very forceful on issue like this. He is only scared.

If you ask the northerners they will tell you. and this will end up in a bloody civil war. Member of army  are ready for war.  and it is hard for anyone to look away when injustice is been done to them . and while the people who do this injustice refuse to change.

That why like I said, knowing the history of nigeria, we have no choice than do the right thing. The violent you just seen in the north is child play, when violent erupt in other part of nigeria. they call it operation wetin. which means to pour kerosene on a person and set fire on him. which you will find video on youtube of human burn alive. this is what they do to arm robbers, they dont report it to the police. they take justice into their hands.

if we remove edo,delta and yorubas, it leave a weaker federation. with 3 basic unit. The far north(hausa/fulani) the middle belt( north minority) and the east (mostly Igbo)

it reduce wait time too. and reduce violent.

Oil price will $150 if you dont remove Edo,delta and Yoruba

If they do not remove Edo,delta and Yoruba from Nigeria. World Oil price will go above the roof. Any civil war which the satellite pictures will lead too, would affect the price of oil in the world market.

What it means for American is that they may pay up to 1 and half or twice what they are paying at the moment. But if we peacefully remove that portion. The increase will not be notice.

the implication is that it may shut down the USA economy and millions of american will loss their job, creating a wave of crisis world over.  Countries like UK will see increase in poverty level. the UK will face the most difficult time in its history, since large bulk of UK business are based in Nigeria. While UK is expected to feel great effect. And may lead to large immigrate population in the UK.

France will see falling standard and poverty at the same time , since the france nation of africa, depend on Nigeria . The franco nation of west africa , economy will crash, while poverty will double in most west africa countries. Nation like Ghana, benin, togo, niger, chad, liberia etc  will go bankrupt.

China will be affected because of many Chinese investment in west africa.  this will lead to the gradual fall of china economy. since most part of africa will be affected.   china is expected to be the greatest loser if edo,delta and Yorubas is not removed.

While their are thousand of india citizen living in nigeria. India is expect to loss billions of dollars. which means thousand of jobs in india.

So the major countries that will suffer if edo,delta and yorubas are not remove peacefully are the USA, UK, France, China and india.

world population
1 China
2     India   
3     United States   311,487,000
4     Indonesia   
5     Brazil   
6     Pakistan   
7     Nigeria    158,423,000

This is the population of the world. Since Nigeria is the 7th most populated nation in the world. A civil war in Nigeria, means alot to the world. It has half the population of the USA.

Imagine if half of the population of the USA is in trouble. What it means is that the world economy is in trouble.

Instability in Nigeria, will send wave in the international market.

This is why I said open the border of benin and remove edo,delta and Yoruba into it. It reduce the Impact of a crash globally. since Benin republic is related to us.

The truth is the other option I gave was the New people republic of Benin. Which I head the group. It give us a better chance, in-case for the world economy , not to feel the impact since edo,delta and yorubas already have nearly 40% of the population. It is like reducing the population of Nigeria and cutting it to 60% of the population. Which reduce the effect in the globally market by 40%.

The impact will be just 60% instead of 100% impact on the market. it reduce the impact in oil supply.

What it basically means is that nation like USA, UK, France, China and india. will see just 60% effect. if it happen.

Will it happen?   my prediction is YES, with a CAPITAL because of the way the system is been run.

Honestly,I wonder how your wife copes with you cuz you really need help.
Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by johnie: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2011
Is that a tired Obama?

Re: Obama Meets President Jonathan (pics) by Sunofgod(m): 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
johnie:

Is that a tired Obama?

He's not tired - Hillary just slapped him again -  cheesy

(Dat Bittch Asss Niggga)

(1) (Reply)

We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More / Is Nigeria's Problem Nigerians Or The Constitution / Abacha's Achievements Praised By Chief Tom Ikimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.