Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) (52294 Views)

Primary School Pupil Takes 4 Of His Schoolmates To School On Okada / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Sterope(f): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
What are you saying? Whether initiation o or his refusal o. The perpetrators deserve nothing but evil.

Adakintroy:
Oga you no de there. You innocent looking brother may be victim of innitiiation ritual gone wrong. We love to believe the best of our own.

That's how utaga Slayer father almost fought with police of the innocence of his innocent looking child. Am not saying am right or you wrong,. am just saying.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by collinometricx: 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
Househelp:
When would you even have a 12 year enjoying a one million school when so many are starving and expect normal tins to happen in your life

na ur papa money?
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by collinometricx: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
Adakintroy:
Oga you no de there. You innocent looking brother may be victim of innitiiation ritual gone wrong. We love to believe the best of our own.

That's how utaga Slayer father almost fought with police of the innocence of his innocent looking child. Am not saying am right or you wrong,. am just saying.

ended up saying nothing
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Mohzus: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Daveambition:
I don't understand this kind of public validation ppl seek from social media most times..
How person(s) go kpai my blood, rather to think on how to track down im killers; yu login internet dey vent unnecessarily..
Ogun keee anyone wey go ever dare to do my own person wrong/evil..
RIP to the younster who's live was hastily cut short by foes who disguise as friends..

True , my own blood you go kpai am . Na inside bush squad go kill u send ur body give ur family
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by biggy4joe(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
lalasticlala:
As shared by Perrison Oromoni:

"This is my 12 years old cousin that was beaten to death at a school that cost over 1 million naira.

They tried to put him in cult, he refused and they killed him. Secondary school o.

Anybody that can kill me hould kill! me now, my brothe won't die for nothing, Anslem Temile, Michael Kashamu and Benjamin Favor and Dowen college, jst knw he called your names before he died.

Dowen college is a disgrace. He mentioned 5 names before passing yesterday."
If I say wetin really dey my mind ehn........well rest in peace to u
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by sisisioge: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Imagine! What a school!
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Onyeka2019: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2021
Erickymania:
Haaa. This is a very popular school in Lekki phase 1 in Lagos o. How did this happen? Plz give us complete info. I doubt this is possible within school premises.

Lol.. I sabi this school for lekki phase One I sometimes pass there..
But wait Che nah the student of this school kill am or what. Cox that school is too good to have Agberos
I believe one can only see Agberos in public schools or low budget private schools in mainland..

The question is who are the cultist in that dowen school? Over to you lalastic.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by goodheart01: 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
federal9:
It could be group beating tagged as cultist.

Let us know how to report news in the right way.

Okay if it was actually group beating and not cultists that makes his murders right abi?? Crazy people everywhere
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by ediko5(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
What most people don't know is that cultism exist in most private schools than government schools. The only different is that they'll be less or no fraternity war inside private schools unlike government schools but the target their victims outside the school environment.

Most confraternities target the rich schools because the rich children will be able to afford heavy dues unlike the poor who only go on armed robbery, phone snatching and burgling errand.

School authorities and parents should please shine their eyes on children and students.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Abujaexpress: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

RIP Young chap

I had a similar experience some time early this year, strolled with a friend to a wake keep ceremony of his friend. On getting there, met a group of haggard and suspicious looking boys who were sipping their alcohol.

I thought all was well, I gave them a normal handshake but they were all staring at me as though I fell from the sky. It was when one of them say "E be like say na this guy go beat drum for us this night," I knew what was going on... Beat drum? What? I told him I can't beat drums, he said I must beat drums, there's no going back in this.

I thought I had gotten myself into trouble and the next thing on my mind was how to leave that place. One of them smashed a bottle on a pillar of a house and gave the capon the jagged edge. Truth is I was scared at this point...

Long story short, my saving grace was few minutes later, while the capon was making some sort of incantations into his jagged bottle, his phone rang, he got up to take his call then I stood up, with one mind naim I take waka, they were calling me to come back, including the guy I followed to the place. I kept on going, I was expecting a chase or a bullet from the back, but nothing, I left... I guess what saved me was the capon was on a call

Cultism is bad, run away from it if you can
What is Capone?
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by ediko5(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
christistruth01:
shocked

RIP

This again on top of those Wicked Cultists roasting the heads of Police Officers for food

In Jesus Christ name every single Blood Cult in the Nation of Nigeria is going down no matter how mighty they think they are,
They breed Vampires

Except if Jesus Christ didn't resurrect from the dead and Resurrect from the dead Jesus Surely did

Amen

Do you have the video or link to the video?
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Offpoint1: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Daveambition:
I don't understand this kind of public validation ppl seek from social media most times..
How person(s) go kpai my blood, rather to think on how to track down im killers; yu login internet dey vent unnecessarily..
RIP to the younster who's live was hastily cut short by foes who disguise as friends..
If any motherfxxvker fxxks with any of my blood, I won't even show or make any threat of revenge, I will go on solo tracking of the motherfxxker... When I get hold of him, I won't kill him, I will make him beg me to take his life.... He's going to experience the worse torture no human in history has ever been through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
If this story is true, that guy that is bragging online is talking rubbish. You want to do sth and you are telling people. He doesn't know that people who do things don't even say it out even to the air sef. They keep mute and just do it, so that no one will know their plans, not to talk of countering it. That boy was not schooled in security measures to adopt should sth or similar thing happened.
Like keep calm, do not resist, don't antagonize your captors, be polite and operate with reasonable regards, take no risk by attempting to escape or being a hero etc.
When I was in the university of Calabar, as a student. A newly admitted pastor's son who didn't know about the terrain in school and the pathways one should not follow at certain hours was cornered by some cultist and forcefully blended. What I want to point out was that the young man corporate with them and the way, for the safety of his life,recited all those words they said to him, drank what was given to him etc, but knew that he was never going to be a cultist. After every thing, he was allowed to go. He came and narrated the incidence to my roommate who was one of the excos of one fellowship, who preached to him one day and also told him that he does not want to join the cult. We sat him down and told him he is never a cultist, and that anything that happened there was null and void. Long story short. He wanted to live in the school hostel, but we advised him to rent a place away from the school hostel and be coming to school there. We told him to free himself, and tell anyone who approaches him in that regard that he wants nothing to do with the cult. That was how everything died down. That guy is about to graduate and has no dealings with the cult. For some people that would say how do you know he has not gone back. Trust me, students who live in Unical male hostel can identify students who have joined the cult, no matter how they try to hid. With the operations of cult that time in school, that boy would have been killed in that initiation process if he had resisted and nothing would have happened. But he was very smart, corporate with them, they let him go, he returned home alive and denounce and turn his back on them. All through my days in school, I was told the boy is doing very very well in school and has since let the matter slide without even telling the parents. I feel for the boy.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Jman06(m): 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
federal9:
It could be group beating tagged as cultist.

Let us know how to report news in the right way.
Is it that you don't know that cultism now permeate even our expensive private schools?
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Bigchristo: 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

RIP Young chap

I had a similar experience some time early this year, strolled with a friend to a wake keep ceremony of his friend. On getting there, met a group of haggard and suspicious looking boys who were sipping their alcohol.

I thought all was well, I gave them a normal handshake but they were all staring at me as though I fell from the sky. It was when one of them say "E be like say na this guy go beat drum for us this night," I knew what was going on... Beat drum? What? I told him I can't beat drums, he said I must beat drums, there's no going back in this.

I thought I had gotten myself into trouble and the next thing on my mind was how to leave that place. One of them smashed a bottle on a pillar of a house and gave the capon the jagged edge. Truth is I was scared at this point...

Long story short, my saving grace was few minutes later, while the capon was making some sort of incantations into his jagged bottle, his phone rang, he got up to take his call then I stood up, with one mind naim I take waka, they were calling me to come back, including the guy I followed to the place. I kept on going, I was expecting a chase or a bullet from the back, but nothing, I left... I guess what saved me was the capon was on a call

Cultism is bad, run away from it if you can
will you keep quiet? Cultist can never ask you that doesn’t belong to their group to play band for them bro this your cook u story na die grin grin grin grin
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Selfmotivated: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
This is incomprehensible... Inside school and nobody to rescue the boy... This is terrible
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Munzy14(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
Daveambition:
I tire o...As long as he mentioned names, it is a good bye ticket to them... lipsrsealed Revenge is a must.. undecided
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by thelegend1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
If govt wants to do something about this cultism scourge, it's quite simple. Suspend the license of any institution for 6 months each time cultism is discovered there.
Trust me, they will sit up. Nothing puts people in check like when you remove their source of daily bread.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Sedentary: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

So you didn't see the police to report these names to.....

It is becoming very obvious affluence and strict upbringing ain't enough to determine how a child turns out....the society is the real deal and until we're ready to change our value system our children, brother, young and old people alike will continue to be influenced by societal dictates.

Nigeria is in trouble our educational system in shambles...was passing through Agege the old day just when the public schools around that area were closing for the day..the attitude displayed by the students on the road that very day left me in shock....the other people I was riding with told me I've not seen anything, that almost all the students I'm seeing there have all been initiated by one cult group or the other.

These young guys, boys and girls alike were literally flagging down vehicles and walking right in the middle of the roads like they own it.

This breaks my heart. I have seen it too.

A generation is dying culturally because values have disappeared and the sad thing is most of these lads never knew better; its the only thing they know and how they think it should be; that anyone not like them is the bad egg. What a drag most of these end up being except providence forces a mind change.

We need prayers and serious work as those who know better to force a change.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

True, but that does not diminish the responsibility of those who killed him for his death

If you say true then negates her position.

Which means he has himself to blame. It's outlawed cultism. There is a reason.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
collinometricx:

ended up saying nothing

You right I did. But you get my point?
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sterope:
What are you saying? Whether initiation o or his refusal o. The perpetrators deserve nothing but evil.

What perpetrators. Cultism is banned. What laws enforce illegality.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by christistruth01: 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
Adakintroy:

If you say true then negates her position.

Which means he has himself to blame. It's outlawed cultism. There is a reason.

No it doesn't.

Cult initiations are not meant to kill the initiate...otherwise most cults would run out of members in minutes. While the guy had no business going near the cultists (and the cousin in his original statement implies the victim was being aggressively pursued, and he was refusing. Indicating he was not willing to join..which takes the story in a different direction of 'bullying' )..even if he was willing, he was not expecting to die in the process.

In the USA, a member of a college fraternity who was taking part in one of its 'initiation rituals' died of hypothermia...and yes, many of the fraternity members involved faced the law for that. That was not the first time the frat had initiated someone that way, but the previous intiaties had survived...the unlucky member was the first to die., and the frateninty members bore responsibility for the crime (and the intiation process was not approved by their national body, who was incensed when they heard about it).
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Sterope(f): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Cultism is banned, and manslaughter is a very serious offence. The law is concerned that a life was taken not about the cultism.

Adakintroy:

What perpetrators. Cultism is banned. What laws enforce illegality.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

No it doesn't.

Cult initiations are not meant to kill the initiate...otherwise most cults would run out of members in minutes. While the guy had no business going near the cultists (and the cousin in his original statement implies the victim was being aggressively pursued, and he was refusing. Indicating he was not willing to join..which takes the story in a different direction of 'bullying' )..even if he was willing, he was not expecting to die in the process.

In the USA, a member of a college fraternity who was taking part in one of its 'initiation rituals' died of hypothermia...and yes, many of the fraternity members involved faced the law for that. That was not the first time the frat had initiated someone that way, but the previous intiaties had survived...the unlucky member was the first to die., and the frateninty members bore responsibility for the crime (and the intiation process was not approved by their national body, who was incensed when they heard about it).

In the u.s it's lagal iin Nigeria it's not. So let's ignore the u.s example it does not context well..

You are opening multiple doors. She opened one door. Which I believe is her brother was innocently killed by cultist. The other door was the alternative, which was he may not be innocent as presumed. Am not saying am right. Am just saying she was not there so she cant be too certain..so here is another possibility. We honest enough to take the innocent and sentiments off. It's usually a blinder. If he was innocently then she is justify in her chant for justice. But if he seek it by it's own hands then he died in vain, cus cultism is an outlawed social behavior. The goverment won't waist resource in seeking justice. That's like waisting money on Ganges shooting themselve.

She is putting
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Father4all: 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Daveambition:
it show you have not lost someone dear to you before. You should be careful the way you critise at times so that you won't see what the bereaved person see in the future. The little boys that decide to join Cult should know the there is a big repercussion for them, at that includes calling their names in public, it will serves as deterrent.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sterope:
Cultism is banned, and manslaughter is a very serious offence. The law is concerned that a life was taken not about the cultism.

You talking from sentiments. Am not sure you understand what bann means. You don't kill a theive for killing another thieve. Those are dark corners. Nobody likes going their..you on your own.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Billygee2u: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
Daveambition:
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by mrkings84(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
WIREMIND:
Just 12 yrs old.
The end is near...

Which one be the end is near?

See, the end has come already!
E don't end!
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by federal9: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
goodheart01:

Okay if it was actually group beating and not cultists that makes his murders right abi?? Crazy people everywhere

It's not my fault that you can't comprehend simple English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Student Reads In The Bathroom With The Shower On (Video) / Who Is To Be Blame For Student's Poor Performance? / When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.