Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic (22315 Views)

Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership / Bisi Alimi Accused Of Being A Fake Gay Man For Having A Child - Check Reply / Nigeria Actor/actress Not Good Enough To Feature In "Black Panther" - Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Lovenorth: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
100% of them are noisy and meaningless

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Damn! I agree with this message.

Nigerian pop music is shit while the nollywood is in another level of shitery.

Nigeria music: only one genre of music, lot of Noise, dancing beats, dumb lyrics, plus dumb music videos.

Nigerian movies: bad actors, lot of shouting, dumb story lines, very depressing, cinematography equal to zero, bad directing, low budget
especially those Yoruba musicians..

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by omoadeleye(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
This geyboi wey dey use his anus to dey collect d!ck dey determine what makes sense.

Orisirisi
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by planetx: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Even the overhyped Wizkid watched his London concert on YouTube couldn't understand how he sold out a 20k arena three nights in a row with the lacklustre performance i saw. The guy sounded terrible in a live performance probably just used a bunch of autotune to release studio albums.

6 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
He is right afterall but the musicians get people wey dey be their fans so they no go stop am.After they smoke,drug the become high and go to studio and start winning grammy awards,what a crazy music era.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Did i tell you i was an artist? I am a listener and i know shitty songs when i hear one.

The way you think is like someone with cellotapes on the brain.

Fyi, which international recognition Nigerian music has? You think people listen to wizkid and davido in the west? grin

The only time, most people hear about them is in the grammy in one stupid category
I can see u know nothin bout Nigerian artist, so keep shut sir. With due respect..
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by JudeAfoo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
80% is a generous percentage 99% is shitty

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by AoifeNightfall: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
Na only this Bisi Alimi Buhari get sense pass for this Nigéria.

A very irritating HIV gay

But truth be told, when it comes to lyrics, Nigeria musicians lack it, except Burna Boy

Eg

Girl, I'm in love with your booty bounce
In love with your booty bounce

Huh, when I weigh the thing
E weigh one thousand pounds
Girl, this night
we dey go like seven rounds
Baby girl, say you fine (you fine)
Baby girl, say you fine
You I desire (desire)
Baby, na you I desire
Your yansh original
No be that kind Blac Chyna

Why is it that one you picked out?

Why didn't you pick out this one

Even though the country don dey tire me
I dey catch cruise, Eko Miami
If only bad news could be bribed, take all my money
I like my lies sweet, taste like irony
But that's the reason I dey vex, my nigga
Heavy is the head but forget, my nigga
Crown don dey bend from the stress, my nigga
It's getting hard to suppress my liquor
So, I'm drinking more wine, at 4:30
I'd rather be online than out with company
Man I'm tryna numb my mind, the thoughts are too heavy
'Cause life is no joke, we cope with comedy
I really no dey see your face
That's why we switch lanes, no dey indicate
Everybody wan blow, who dey pick the date?
God, when will I be the one they imitate?
But most times, I feel no one can relate

Nonsense, you people will just be talking rubbish. 80% of Nigerian music is not trash.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by StreetFight: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Not 80% oooo, 99%. Just noise and noise.

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Firstandonly(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
ukaface:
actually,he is right.
Overlook his sexuality. He is right, Songs like Johnny drille's are for selected few. Almost Everyone goes for the noisy songs
most Nigerian songs are dance hall music. Stop comparing Nigeria dance hall to American R&B. Just the same way my Dad will say hip hop Rap music is noisy. If u love RnB song then u can listen to some of fireboy, joeboy and some afro RnB songs
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Newboss(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
What an idiot. Stupid cöcksucker.

No, I am not homophobic. This nigga is a motherfucking cöcksucker
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Jacksparrow7(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oya gettat grin
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Firstandonly:
most Nigerian songs are dance hall music. Stop comparing Nigeria dance hall to American R&B. Just the same way my Dad will say hip hop Rap music is noisy. If u love RnB song then u can listen to some of fireboy, joeboy and some afro RnB songs

Most Nigeria music isn't dance hall.

Dance hall music is like reggae music

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Firstandonly(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
For me, it's about 99% for me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
have u listen to American trap song? The way hip hop rap music is noisy to some people to others it's not. Likewise Nigerian songs. But come to think of it 80% of Nigerian songs are dance hall songs so u don't expect them to contain motivational or love lyrics
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by gonkin(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
We all have what gives us joy.

Im crazy for metal.

Naija songs all sound d same
Tu, tu, tum,............. gbim
Tu, tu, tum...............gbin

3 bangos and the bass same pattern.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by kareemkamil(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
That your characteristics examine not perfect, 99.9% are rubbish attributing to noice pollution in society.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Firstandonly:
have u listen to American trap song? The way hip hop rap music is noisy to some people to others it's not. Likewise Nigerian songs. But come to think of it 80% of Nigerian songs are dance hall songs so u don't expect them to contain motivational or love lyrics
Wrong! It isn't the same way at all. We are not here comparing one music genre to another... the statement is Nigerian music, all of it are impacted. undecided

I am not a fan of rap music at all but I wouldn't go as far as claim it is meaningless lyrics at all. There is meaning to many of the songs even if the subject is annoying or immature in some cases. undecided

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by ukaface(f): 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Firstandonly:
Peru para is r,n b? Or alcohol?
Naaaah, I disagree. They still sing dancehall music

Even America rock n roll music is sensibly noisy
Ours is gibberishly noisy

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by PreciousBro: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
I say it's 100% The good ones won't qualify for a figure percentage.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by JaceBlaze: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
I mean.....

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Overrated833(m): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
So what of American foreign music like lil baby pop smoke cardi b, so they pass a good message abi better go and find a job looking at you alone is damn toxic .. Damn clown.
Pls why is this b**ch a*s nigga yet to be arrested or is homosexuality legal without our knowledge lol
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Firstandonly(m): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most Nigeria music isn't dance hall.

Dance hall music is like reggae music
afro pop & hip hop rap & trap music are all the same. They contain loud sound that are meant to make u dance or vibe to them
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by GeneralDae: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
ukaface:

So how is Peru Para and Alcohol Dancehall? Dancehall is more or less like Regaee or am I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Firstandonly(m): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
ukaface:

pls have u listen to trap music? Na only the beat u go the hear.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Pelaiye2703(m): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
Spot on! Na only Brymo, Burna Boy, M.I, ill Bliss still produce good music.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by purplekayc(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Who's he sef undecided
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by ifelawboy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
chatinent:
The only reasonable artistes I know are Johnny Drille, Adekunle, Simi, and that dude wey sing Thunder Fire You.

Others sing trash.

Yemi Alade go just dey shout.
Zlatan has potentials in bus-stops.
Naira Marley is a special kind of tout.
Wizkid sings trash.
Davido ...another trash.
Burna...another trash with one tune.

No meaningful lyrics. Trash upon trash. You cannot even sing a song again close to kids!

Pls listen to brymo and cavemen. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by jydeskill1(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oga gay, leave our music �
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Loreettaa: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Can't you be gay without being a drag version of count Dracula?
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Gkemz: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Even though I dislike him for his disgusting sexual orientation, he's making a point here.
A good number of Nigerian music are garbages that carries no meaning.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Mide1data: 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
HOLY SHIT
It's only Simi songs that i listen to.

80% of 9ja music aren't only trash but setting bad example 4 our youths. E.G Naira Marley, Zlatan.

That is why I choose only Justin Bieber and Simi. The rest I choose the music not you. For example. I only have 1 of Adele songs(Hello), and that's it. The ones I enjoy I keep, the ones I don't I delete with immediate effect.
Feel free to like.
WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Basketmouth As A Year Old Baby / Dbanj And Mr Macaroni Sing And Dance Together On Dbanj’s Visit For His Birthday / Sarkodie Is Dead(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.