Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic (22311 Views)

Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership / Bisi Alimi Accused Of Being A Fake Gay Man For Having A Child - Check Reply / Nigeria Actor/actress Not Good Enough To Feature In "Black Panther" - Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by LifeOfTrigga(m): 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Malory:
No sensible thing will make sense to a Gaybrel with a licking ass

Leaking not licking

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by MrColdsweat: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
The average Nigerian artist doesn't know the difference between quaver and semiquaver.

Bunch if noisemakers.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by nedekid: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
No be that asslimi guy be this? shocked
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Malory: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

Leaking not licking
Noted. Thanks
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Viking007(m): 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
Na only this Bisi Alimi Buhari get sense pass for this Nigéria.

A very irritating HIV gay

But truth be told, when it comes to lyrics, Nigeria musicians lack it, except Burna Boy

Eg

Girl, I'm in love with your booty bounce
In love with your booty bounce

Huh, when I weigh the thing
E weigh one thousand pounds
Girl, this night
we dey go like seven rounds
Baby girl, say you fine (you fine)
Baby girl, say you fine
You I desire (desire)
Baby, na you I desire
Your yansh original
No be that kind Blac Chyna

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by kmaster007: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by EXLOVER(m): 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
AoifeNightfall:

Why is it that one you picked out?

Why didn't you pick out this one

Even though the country don dey tire me
I dey catch cruise, Eko Miami
If only bad news could be bribed, take all my money
I like my lies sweet, taste like irony
But that's the reason I dey vex, my nigga
Heavy is the head but forget, my nigga
Crown don dey bend from the stress, my nigga
It's getting hard to suppress my liquor
So, I'm drinking more wine, at 4:30
I'd rather be online than out with company
Man I'm tryna numb my mind, the thoughts are too heavy
'Cause life is no joke, we cope with comedy
I really no dey see your face
That's why we switch lanes, no dey indicate
Everybody wan blow, who dey pick the date?
God, when will I be the one they imitate?
But most times, I feel no one can relate

Nonsense, you people will just be talking rubbish. 80% of Nigerian music is not trash.

Very dry

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by grandstar(m): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
He should check his utterances lest he alienates more people. Many music artists are gay. I know of two lesbians.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Pointnoire(m): 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Dat na your opinion, not all Jamaicans like dancehall or reggae, not all Black Americans like rap music, not all white people in the southern USA like country music, not all Latinos like salsa reggaeton or merenge I play Davido, Olamide, Falz, and Tiwa all the time I rarely play wiz kid or Burna boy they play good music it just doesn't hit the note for me...as in what the F...k you are not even a musician

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by grandstar(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
If Nigerian music is meaningless, what would you say about rap? Musicians feed people what they want is a majorly booty and gang nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Grammy Awards is out for profit!
They know that Zoogeria is the most populous Black Geographical Space grin grin grin grin
Most African musicians are actually better!

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by femi4: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Music is culture....No one has a monopoly on how music should sound
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Nicepoker(m): 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
He is saying the truth. Infact 99.9%. Wack noice makers calling themselves musicians.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by LifeOfTrigga(m): 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Malory:
Noted. Thanks

I see 1k please? cry cry
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by khilardz(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
I won't deny the fact that most Nigerian music are not great lyrically but music mean much more than lyrics. Thumbs up to afrobeats for the good melodies. However I agree with him when he said that Nigerians don't like listening to the 20% music that are great, presumably those that are great lyrically, we tag such music as boring.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by seyz91(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Confirm!
Ryda:
80% of Nigerian music are noisy meaningless and toxic.

Few out of the 80% won and also got grammy nominations.
The western world dance and vibe to the 80%

There's truth in what he said but it seems Nigerians appreciate things that seem meaningless
So you either join them or stay your lane
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by seyz91(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Mark113(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
Na truth dis gay de talk o am still wondering how that wizkid and tems song take blow the song is wack after listening to zoom by cheque today i found out say wizkid juju dey work well.men that zoom surppose enter bill board

8 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
His person or not, he's actually saying the truth.

#HardBALLS

BTW, variety is the spice of life, we can't all listen to the same genres/kind of music, some prefer the beats while some go with the lyrics.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by achivs(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
Na only this Bisi Alimi Buhari get sense pass for this Nigéria.

A very irritating HIV gay

But truth be told, when it comes to lyrics, Nigeria musicians lack it, except Burna Boy

Eg

In love with your booty bounce

Huh, when I weigh the thing
E weigh one thousand pounds
Girl, this night
we dey go like seven rounds
Baby girl, say you fine (you fine)
Baby girl, say you fine
You I desire (desire)
Baby, na you I desire
Your yansh original
No be that kind Blac Chyna
I know no how this song take blow

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by donmik: 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
99% self
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by TemmyT002(m): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
First time this one will say something sensible
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by ukaface(f): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
GeneralDae:

So how is Peru Para and Alcohol Dancehall? Dancehall is more or less like Regaee or am I missing something here?
And how on earth will they be termed rnb?
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by GeneralDae: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
ukaface:
And how on earth will they be termed rnb?
Afrobeats?
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by suffering: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
He’s right. It’s that 20% people should focus on.

According to him, the remaining 20% of meaningful music do not interest Nigerians because they are not "emotionally intelligent to appreciate good music."
He hit the nail on the head here.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by stacyadams: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
grin grin grin Peru parum Peru don dey para..like wah tha foock grin grin useless noise in this country

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by IronGalaxy: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
No lies detected.

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by stacyadams: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
chatinent:
The only reasonable artistes I know are Johnny Drille, Adekunle, Simi, and that dude wey sing Thunder Fire You.

Others sing trash.

Yemi Alade go just dey shout.
Zlatan has potentials in bus-stops.
Naira Marley is a special kind of tout.
Wizkid sings trash.
Davido ...another trash.
Burna...another trash with one tune.

No meaningful lyrics. Trash upon trash. You cannot even sing a song again close to kids!

Tubaba nko?
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by greypencils: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
festacman:
I had wanted to slam Bisi Alimi as ''noisy, meaningless and toxic" but the truth in his damning statement is keeping me tongue-tied.

Interestingly, these ''noisy, meaningless and toxic" songs get Grammy nominations and awards .

Well, what do I know.
It is the 20% that gets the grammy nominations. Not the 80%. For example, you cannot lump Burna boy's African Giant Album as part of the 80%. I daresay Naira Marley, Zlatan, Peruzzi with the same beats and all others that sing like them tops the league of the 80% crap.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by eminemkayc: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
marsup:
Me too. Most times when people hail WizKid and co, I just keep quiet, so I won't be regarded as "bad belle". And not just Nigerian music, even those coming from US, most of them are shitty.

You just spoke my mind... One can't compare the content of what one listens to, to those of the 90s like Nas's Ilmatic, Fugees, WyClef's Ecleftic, Marshall marters LP, The eminem show, Dr dre, etc Rich lyrics, brilliant use and display of poetry, similies,.metaphors, etc as well as excellent story telling, all combined with great beats...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by ShaqFu: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Golan007:

Not all but a large chunk.
large chunk that cut across which genre?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Pete Edochie At 75 / Peter Okoye Claps Back At Critic Over Charity To Northerners / I'm Dangerously In Love With My Husband - Tonto Dikeh Gushes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.