Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic (22313 Views)

Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership / Bisi Alimi Accused Of Being A Fake Gay Man For Having A Child - Check Reply / Nigeria Actor/actress Not Good Enough To Feature In "Black Panther" - Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by wink2015(m): 2:00am On Dec 06, 2021
I LOVE AMERICAN COUNTRY MUSIC

Late Don Williams
Late Kenny Rogers
Dolly Parton

I also love late Jim Reeves.

Nigeria music are improving and creative in terms of talent.

But some of these songs are meaningless gibberish that only carry sounds that leads to nothing.

I like songs from

Davido
Psquare
Whizkid
Tiwa Savage

These musician have taken Nigeria music to global standard.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by JoeNL22(m): 2:05am On Dec 06, 2021
TMSMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1408035/bisi-alimi-80-nigerian-music-noisy-meaningless-toxic/
Very! Very!! Absolutely and 999% true about that statement.
But to over 300 million Nigerians, His statements are just nonsensical fallacy at lts best and outrightly stupid at most. It is well with 299,999,999 Nigerians.
If you don't want to promote your business, holla @ me. OR-MUST-YOU?
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:19am On Dec 06, 2021
grin grin grin 80% of music worldwide is meaningless dumb and toxic.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by kabukabu50(m): 2:19am On Dec 06, 2021
Malory:
No sensible thing will make sense to a Gaybrel with a leaking ass

His comment was actually coherent and well rounded compared to your childish babble.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Trumpoteux: 2:55am On Dec 06, 2021
I agree
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by 1Sharon(f): 3:09am On Dec 06, 2021
Joeyfizzo:
The Gay Shud go to YouTube n see comments n views from foreigners.....idiat!

Those foreigners don't understand the lyrics, do they?

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by 1Sharon(f): 3:11am On Dec 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most Nigeria music isn't dance hall.

Dance hall music is like reggae music

That's where you're wrong
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Lifestone(m): 3:16am On Dec 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Damn! I agree with this message.

Nigerian pop music is shit while the nollywood is in another level of shitery.

Nigeria music: only one genre of music, lot of Noise, dancing beats, dumb lyrics, plus dumb music videos.

Nigerian movies: bad actors, lot of shouting, dumb story lines, very depressing, cinematography equal to zero, bad directing, low budget
But this noisy music have won awards on the Continent and on the global stage. The truth is that the guy is seeking attention to his failing leaking ass
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by 1Sharon(f): 3:25am On Dec 06, 2021
GeneralDae:

It's surprising to me because one thing the world is beginning to admire Nigeria for right now is Afrobeats and here we have Nairalanders castigating it, some only in a bid to sound sophisticated or foreign.

Do those foreigners understand the lyrics to know how ridiculous some words are?

Afrobeats is a genre of music westerners haven't been exposed to before and that is why they are all over it.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by 1Sharon(f): 3:30am On Dec 06, 2021
Cousin9999:
1. A crōssdresser shouldn't comment on anything.

2. Nigeria produces a lot of music, and almost all of it has no political slant, so anyone who would actually make these claims sounds uneducated.

3. Don't give that creature views or clicks.

If you fornicate, you're no different to him

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by gbishman: 3:38am On Dec 06, 2021
@80% I think you being generous I would say 94%.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by WoundedLamb: 4:28am On Dec 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

Interesting case....Most trans start to date their biological gender after transitioning..meaning they were gay right from the start before transitioning ...

But this Man U mentioned transitioned into a woman and still dated women after ......meaning she/he was heterosexual from the start and is still heterosexual in a way... fantabulous.. a rare specimen

Yeah ..isn’t it obvious why I choose you? u are always doing gay advocate on nairaland like someone paid you..

Now what annoys me about the LGBT community is that they are always trying to create a box to segregate heterosexuals from anything that’s not heterosexual. as if heterosexuality isn’t a sexuality.....like a “us vs them thing....

Trans for example, go through a lot just to fit into the man-woman spectrum only for a group called LGBT to pack them under an umbrella segregating them from what they desperately want to identify with..... I’ve seen many trans interview saying they just want to be plainly men or women and not be labeled lGbTQ....

I don't know you're experiences or how many gay people you interact with to have gotten this impression, but I actually find it mind blowing that anyone would suggest gay people are the ones segregating others. That's because the most basic desire of a gay person is to be accepted in society and be treated just like any other person. This is not to invalidate your opinion. I believe what you might perceive as segregation is a just a bunch of people trying to harness the power of solidarity. These guys are tormented, jailed or even killed in some parts of the world for being different, it makes sense for them to want to stick together and do thier stuff alone. It also makes sense for them to be wary of the people that kill them. Getting a gay person in Africa to trust you as a heterosexual guy is almost as difficult as getting a wild bird to trust you. And I don't really need to explain why this is the case. What the so-called LGBTQ+ community is doing is just trying to create a safe space for themselves where they, at least, feel free. Quite frankly, I don't think recklessly letting in the same people they're running away from into thier lives would be the smartest thing to do; wouldn't you say?

Now if you notice, I said the so-called LGBTQ+ community. That's because while I use the term to avoid having to mention all the words, I do not really like to refer to gay people as a community because that puts them in a box. People should be treated as individuals regardless of the herd you think they belong to and whatever preconceived notion you might have about that herd. The activities of the gay persons in the US, for example, shouldn't define how you see the one right beside you. The herd mentality is the reason we have so much conflicts in Nigeria today, don't you think?

I did laugh when I read you say I advocate for gay people as if I'm paid. I specifically created this account to decry every form of discrimination (classism, tribalism, sexism, homophobia, etc.). So your description of what I do actually made my day (it's night here actually, lol). I only wish I could convince you to have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:47am On Dec 06, 2021
AGNESikpuNNU:
99% rather.

I have always said it. He/she is very right. Garbage music most of them. I do not listen to such rubbish. It even makes me miss out on the good ones. It cannot be better said.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:48am On Dec 06, 2021
TMSMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1408035/bisi-alimi-80-nigerian-music-noisy-meaningless-toxic/

I have always said it. He/she is very right. Garbage music most of them. I do not listen to such rubbish. It even makes me miss out on the good ones. It cannot be better said.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Kingomang: 5:23am On Dec 06, 2021
festacman:
I had wanted to slam Bisi Alimi as ''noisy, meaningless and toxic" but the truth in his damning statement is keeping me tongue-tied.

Interestingly, these ''noisy, meaningless and toxic" songs get Grammy nominations and awards .

Well, what do I know.

Straight to the point , you are right. The music has been winning awards since it's begun.

You know what? That gay is seeking for attention. Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Qoko: 5:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Who asked this leaked ass question? He even looked like Kemi Olunloyo, Gaybu forget to realize that 80% of 9ja musicals has been severally dancing to by the nominees while 20% has also been nominated for Grammy many times.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2021
Ryda:
80% of Nigerian music are noisy meaningless and toxic.

Few out of the 80% won and also got grammy nominations.
The western world dance and vibe to the 80%

There's truth in what he said but it seems Nigerians appreciate things that seem meaningless
So you either join them or stay your lane
I won't join them; this is how you guys brought back your colossal tyrant presiediot the second time after the first red light.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Elidrisy20: 6:06am On Dec 06, 2021
So na Naija music turn you to gay abi?
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Brushstrokes20: 6:20am On Dec 06, 2021
Not so true undecided
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Mypeople2(m): 6:25am On Dec 06, 2021
TMSMedia:

80% is too small. When you listen to the lyrics, you will add 18% more .Funnily we celebrate the nonsense here in Nigeria
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by freshalien: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2021
festacman:
I had wanted to slam Bisi Alimi as ''noisy, meaningless and toxic" but the truth in his damning statement is keeping me tongue-tied.

Interestingly, these ''noisy, meaningless and toxic" songs get Grammy nominations and awards .

Well, what do I know.

Maybe nominations; which grammy awards?? Burna makes sense in his songs. But if Naira Marley or Zlatan had won a grammy, then I would have agreed with you. But the rest of the world know better.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by rapheal5(m): 7:05am On Dec 06, 2021
I'm dropping my first track by January, it's reggae and a meaningful lyrics about what's going in our society.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by chatinent: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2021
stacyadams:

Tubaba nko?

Wetin Father Abraham dey sing?

After African Queen en thief, which other one e sing well?

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by chatinent: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2021
rapheal5:
I'm dropping my first track by January, it's reggae and a meaningful lyrics about what's going in our society.

Tag me when it's due.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Bundle002(m): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2021
U are senseless 4 dis. Naija dy try if na music , different sounds from different talented artists . U think music easy as dem dy drop am 3 minutes ?
U dy craze self
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by penceman(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2021
As a music artist my self, i can say what hes saying is kinda true. But then the country is shit so shit song sells.
i sing on the popular afro fusion beat line too but i try to make sense of my lyrics and if i am financially able to do some videos i think they will have story lines.
am in studio, soon i will publish my first track and i hope to provide alternatives for nigerians in south west.
name is prinzlizo and fans can subscribe to my youtube
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Damian10(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2021
You can't say that oga, music in my opinion is like cloth that you wear for certain event and places.
You wear bikini to the pool, but can't wear it to church. who wears suit and tie to swim and who wears ripped jeans to church.
So you can't party to johnny drills meaningful lyrics but feel it in your soul to relax, contrastingly you can't feel Naira Marleys song in your soul but party to it. That is the beauty of music and why it has genre.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by rapheal5(m): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2021
chatinent:

Tag me when it's due.
ok boss
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Bamzyriches451: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Where're the lie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Dangerously In Love With My Husband - Tonto Dikeh Gushes / Obi Cubana,Zlatan,Reekado,Poco lee others at One Year Anniversary Of Club Caesar / Photo Of Basketmouth As A Year Old Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.