Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic (22322 Views)

Marlians, 30BG, Wizkid FC: Examining Celebrity Obsession And Toxic Followership / Bisi Alimi Accused Of Being A Fake Gay Man For Having A Child - Check Reply / Nigeria Actor/actress Not Good Enough To Feature In "Black Panther" - Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by HRMK: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
even though its the truth,its better than bn gay.let this gay simply shut up!
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by BENEAMATA: 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
It wasn't like that 30 or so years ago Mr / Ms Alimi .As a matter of fact , i can say these types you mentioned were in the less than 10% bracket . . . . . . The reason the people of nigeria are now hellbent on stamping out another , as well as more vile cancer , spreading by almost 10% - the IMMORALITY that is HOMOSEXUALITY ! Can't imagine the , erm , pleasant surprise your gay behind will experience if , God forbids , the heterosexuals becomes the less than 20% in nigeria in another three decades !
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Hakeem3(m): 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
Malory:
No sensible thing will make sense to a Gaybrel with a leaking ass

I no be gay, I love pussy die! But the she guy is stating nothing but facts. Accept it or not..

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Walz001: 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Some are good why some are bad influence ....
Lyrics matter most for some of us while beat is for some other set .... so depend on what you want to listen to ..... but come to conclusion are you a good role model too or you are one of the noisy songs you talked about

for your CCTV AND DSTV INSTALLATION AT AFFORDABLE PRICE

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by JaceBlaze: 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
IronGalaxy:
No lies detected.

And he's being nice with that 80%.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by festacman(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
greypencils:
It is the 20% that gets the grammy nominations. Not the 80%. For example, you cannot lump Burna boy's African Giant Album as part of the 80%. I daresay Naira Marley, Zlatan, Peruzzi with the same beats and all others that sing like them tops the league of the 80% crap.

I am sure Zlatan and Peruzzi will not be happy with you.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Starzo: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Look at how foolish Nigerians are castigating their artists that are making waves worldwide.

And e dey sweet the bad Belle people from other African countries wey full this site.

True true we Nigerians nor really like ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by pieces: 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
I totally agree with this man's view. I thought I was the only person complaining.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by FWESHVEIN(m): 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Same with the western world or as we call it (oyinbo). Truth is, we appreciate our olden songs or 90's songs that got meanings especially our blues. Modern songs are pure thrash, imagine singing about sex, drugs and money. The most painful part is singing about your sexual life and displaying erotic music scenes (I mean who won know). These also portray the moral decadence of our society. Sadly, some people like am.

More so, if pesin con talk about all these dem go talk say nobody holy or u be hypocrite. It's so annoying shaaa

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Litmus: 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Any Nigerian parent that allow their under 18 year olds to visit Nairaland is committing child abuse. Nairaland may as well be a platform for Nazi white supremacists hellbent on reversing Nigerians' general self confident attitudes.

I am even possibly understating the extent; since, actually, i have in the past due to research joined many White supremacists sites. Let me inform any reasonable Nigerian reading this that the vitriol, shear hatred and terrible, terrible negative aspersions cast at the black race with the intention of diminishing, demoralizing and ruining the minds of black people so that they may never again raise their heads or feel that they are capable of achieving personal success or collective parity with the rest of humanity does not match in damage anything on Niraland visited upon Nigerians here daily. What a terrible place for young Nigerian minds Niraland is.

Big, big shame on the black world for this!

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Catechizm: 11:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
When 9ja music was basically noisy was few years ago...the era of Terry G ..now some sense is coming in.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Tzar(m): 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
You are also 99% stupid. The remaining 1% is confused.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by GeneralDae: 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
Litmus:
Any Nigerian parent that allow their under 18 year olds to visit Nairaland is committing child abuse. Nairaland may as well be a platform for Nazi white supremacists hellbent on reversing Nigerians' general self confident attitudes.

I am even possibly understating the extent; since, actually, i have in the past due to research joined many White supremacists sites. Let me inform any reasonable Nigerian reading this that the vitriol, shear hatred and terrible, terrible negative aspersions cast at the black race with the intention of diminishing, demoralizing and ruining the minds of black people so that they may never again raise their heads or feel that they are capable of achieving personal success or collective parity with the rest of humanity does not match in damage anything on Niraland visited upon Nigerians here daily. What a terrible place for young Nigerian minds Niraland is.

Big, big shame on the black world for this!
It's surprising to me because one thing the world is beginning to admire Nigeria for right now is Afrobeats and here we have Nairalanders castigating it, some only in a bid to sound sophisticated or foreign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by greypencils: 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
festacman:

I am sure Zlatan and Peruzzi will not be happy with you.
But it is true... Peruzzi's somebody's baby is the worst piece of shit I have heard in years. Zlatan still has occasional brilliant songs but the majority is crap. Marley is not just a good model of anything sensible, just beats with a load of shitty lyrics. No meaning, no direction, no message, no positivity, no morals, no feeling, no sensitivity, no emotional intelligence, nothing really apart from beats, beats that he can't even make himself. It's depressing. Someone like Olamide still makes feel good music, his lyrics might be deficient of meaning but you can still appreciate his creativity in rhyming words, with Naira Marley, no creativity whatsoever. Yet people listen to it. That says all about the level of emotional intelligence in today's youth, close to zero.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by greypencils: 12:08am On Dec 06, 2021
GeneralDae:

It's surprising to me because one thing the world is beginning to admire Nigeria for right now is Afrobeats and here we have Nairalanders castigating it, some only in a bid to sound sophisticated or foreign.
Nobody is sounding sophisticated and foreign. Today's foreign music is far worse than our Afrobeats. The likes of Migos, Lil Nas X, Tekashi, Cardi B, Young MA, Future even Drake. There is nothing out there really compared to the 90's and early 2000's. So this is not about castigating only Afrobeats, it is castigating the trash mainstream music. Pls mention one contemporary RnB male artiste today that can stand up to Donell Jones or RKelly or Joe? None! Name one contemporary rapper than can stand up to JayZ, Nas, Bone thugs and Harmony, Naughty by Nature, Biggie, Tupac, Method man? Not one. And please don't mention Kendrick and J.Cole, they are not fit to tie the shoe laces of Tupac.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by PaNnamdi: 12:16am On Dec 06, 2021
ukaface:
veeeerrrry
Most don't pass any message across,they just cook up some lyrics that goes with the ever danceable beats. Ewwwwwww
U can go and listen to Fulani music.

angry
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by PaNnamdi: 12:17am On Dec 06, 2021
greypencils:
Nobody is sounding sophisticated and foreign. Today's foreign music is far worse than our Afrobeats. The likes of Migos, Lil Nas X, Tekashi, Cardi B, Young MA, Future even Drake. There is nothing out there really compared to the 90's and early 2000's. So this is not about castigating only Afrobeats, it is castigating the trash mainstream music. Pls mention one contemporary RnB male artiste today that can stand up to Donell Jones or RKelly or Joe? None! Name one contemporary rapper than can stand up to JayZ, Nas, Bone thugs and Harmony, Naughty by Nature, Biggie, Tupac, Method man? Not one. And please don't mention Kendrick and J.Cole, they are not fit to tie the shoe laces of Tupac.
U are just been old schooled am not suprised wink
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by greypencils: 12:20am On Dec 06, 2021
PaNnamdi:

U are just been old schooled am not suprised wink
Not necessarily. Just Pick one contemporary rapper better than Tupac. Pick one RnB artiste better than RKelly. I am waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Nazzz: 12:21am On Dec 06, 2021
100% truth when u get to here foreign rnb i swear especially there lyrics too meaningless

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by mamawa123: 12:24am On Dec 06, 2021
True talk
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by WoundedLamb: 12:32am On Dec 06, 2021
advanceDNA:
Is this guy now trans?? It’s be noticed gay men like to behave feminine

It’s like there’s a very thin blurry line btw gay and transgender ....

Both are technically attracted to the same sex... it’s just transgenders adjust their outward anatomy so that they fit into a pseudo heterosexual spectrum

Woundedlamb...am I seeing this wrongly??

Yes, there are a lot effeminate gay men. This probably explains why being effeminate is associated with being gay. But the fact is, we have just as many manly gay men. And while you may not believe it, effeminate people don't just like to behave like women, they are just like that. They don't know how else to walk, sit, laugh or talk. Just like a lady being feminine without consciously making efforts to do so, an effeminate child would behave like a woman without taking any decision at any point to do so. They don't learn it; a good deal of masculinity/feminity could you considered as traits.

You can tell a child would be effeminate from a tender age. He doesn't just behave like a girl but in some cases, prefers things girls like. In Africa, his parents would always criticise him, his teachers would make fun of him, his mates would bully him, etc. and yet, he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Any efforts made to be "manly" would normally result in an awkward behaviour. Such kids go into extreme depression and/or low self esteem. Some even get suicidal as no one ever cares to listen or try to understand (especially the gay ones). What usually happens is that when they get to a certain age, they decide they don't care anymore. And to show this, they dress up dramatically as a way of saying, "I can't hide myself anymore, I call your bluff!"

Transgendering is a different ball game. While a lot of trans are gay, there are many of them who wouldn't be considered gay prior to transitioning. The only trans I know in person transitioned into a lady and she has a girlfriend. This means she wasn't gay before transitioning.

I don't know why you chose me to answer your question though.

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by FuckDModz: 12:33am On Dec 06, 2021
This gayAss nigger thinks his opinion matters in the scheme of things.

Na wa!
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by funshint(m): 12:53am On Dec 06, 2021
This guy said the truth...infact how many of our so called musician this days can play a musical instruments. Most of them just belief in entering studio, mix some sounds on fruity loops, sing nonsense...gbam hit! Most can't compete with musicians of old I swear!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by advanceDNA: 12:59am On Dec 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The only trans I know in person transitioned into a lady and she has a girlfriend. This means she wasn't gay before transitioning.

I don't know why you chose me to answer your question though.

Interesting case....Most trans start to date their biological gender after transitioning..meaning they were gay right from the start before transitioning ...

But this Man U mentioned transitioned into a woman and still dated women after ......meaning she/he was heterosexual from the start and is still heterosexual in a way... fantabulous.. a rare specimen

Yeah ..isn’t it obvious why I choose you? u are always doing gay advocate on nairaland like someone paid you..

Now what annoys me about the LGBT community is that they are always trying to create a box to segregate heterosexuals from anything that’s not heterosexual. as if heterosexuality isn’t a sexuality.....like a “us vs them thing....

Trans for example, go through a lot just to fit into the man-woman spectrum only for a group called LGBT to pack them under an umbrella segregating them from what they desperately want to identify with..... I’ve seen many trans interview saying they just want to be plainly men or women and not be labeled lGbTQ....

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by PennywysCares(m): 1:25am On Dec 06, 2021
Who get time for Nigerian music
I can't even allow my kids to play it at home

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Cousin9999: 1:28am On Dec 06, 2021
1. A crōssdresser shouldn't comment on anything.

2. Nigeria produces a lot of music, and almost all of it has no political slant, so anyone who would actually make these claims sounds uneducated.

3. Don't give that creature views or clicks.
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Flamemignon1(m): 1:28am On Dec 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

Interesting case....Most trans start to date their biological gender after transitioning..meaning they were gay right from the start before transitioning ...

But this Man U mentioned transitioned into a woman and still dated women after ......meaning she/he was heterosexual from the start and is still heterosexual in a way... fantabulous.. a rare specimen

Yeah ..isn’t it obvious why I choose you? u are always doing gay advocate on nairaland like someone paid you..

Now what annoys me about the LGBT community is that they are always trying to create a box to segregate heterosexuals from anything that’s not heterosexual. as if heterosexuality isn’t a sexuality.....like a “us vs them thing....

Trans for example, go through a lot just to fit into the man-woman spectrum only for a group called LGBT to pack them under an umbrella segregating them from what they desperately want to identify with..... I’ve seen many trans interview saying they just want to be plainly men or women and not be labeled lGbTQ....
There are so many things wrong with this posts but you confusing sexuality and gender takes the cake
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by advanceDNA: 1:33am On Dec 06, 2021
Flamemignon1:

There are so many things wrong with this posts but you confusing sexuality and gender takes the cake

Many things Wrong? How?
Confuse sexuality and gender ? How?
You sound like a fault finder...

You ddnt end up saying anything..
But still...it’s okay to comment..na free of charge
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by Flamemignon1(m): 1:35am On Dec 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

Many things Wrong? How?
Confuse sexuality and gender ? How?
You sound like a fault finder...

You ddnt end up saying anything..
But still...it’s okay to comment..na free of charge
lipsrsealed
Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Go and rest àbev I was at gym today when the handler changed from foreign music to Nigeria music, all the oyimbi there begin dey dance the noise... Nigeria artists are doing very well

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic by wink2015(m): 1:52am On Dec 06, 2021
Golan007:

People do listen to Wizkid and Davido in the west actually but there's no doubt, music is mostly cacophony these days.

What do you mean by cacophony?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nina Set Instagram On Private After Bobrisky Slammed Her Over Tonto Dikeh's Gift / Akon, Sophy Aiida, Salif Keita Arrive Lagos For AFRIMA (Photos) / #bbnaija : Cocoice Shares Sunday Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.