Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,764 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years (923 Views)

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by Lanspower(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
I've been dating a girl for 7 years but the relationship seems to be moving towards impossibility. In the first 2 years things were moving on fine until we began to see each other's bad side. I was the first to discover that she was cheating though I never caught her red handed except for her strange movements, suspicious phone calls/SMS and the fact that I contacted an STI from her which the nurse who treated me said she could have been infected in the toilet. My own sin that got revealed to her was that she caught me smoking cigarrette which got her upset and I promise to quit (though I'm taking one as I type now). I must confess that I have very limited trust in her and the last time I could beat my chest in her defence was in the first two years after which I became suspicious of her in anything she does. As a little boy I had always dreamt of getting married to a Yoruba girl who understands Hausa Language (I cant say precisely why I prefer that but it has always been what I cherished) However I have never been lucky to meet anyone who has that my self-preferred quality including my girl friend of 7 years.
Last year, I went to obtain a Masters Form from my University and I met this girl through one of my juniors in my school days. The girl was in her final year, she is 23. I liked the babe personally and I dont know why she got very well along with me that we became lovers without either of us asking each other out. Guess what, she is a Yoruba and she speaks impeccable Hausa. Apart from being a virgin, this girl is moderately beautiful and seemingly cool-headed. At first I thought it was mere normal dating until it gets stronger. The babe is from a town where they hardly give their daughters in marriage to outsiders. Without my knowledge, the girl had engaged her parents in strong battle of allowing her to marry from outside. At a point, her parents called and told me that it was a case of disappointment and maltreatment which some outsiders subjected their girls in the town to in the past that made marrying an outsider a sacrilege and they are afraid I may do the same to their daughter. Now the girl is rounding off her NYSC thinking of getting hooked shortly after service. I have looked for several reasons to ditch my 7 years girlfriend which I am only pitying for being with me for such long years and for the age that is not really much on her side. My calculation is that my 7 years girl has got to go for her HND and NYSC, she can still find someone. My new girl is in the last stage of her NYSC and as far as I know she has no one but me, I therefore fear that she might not meet a guy easily having left the stages where there is a high chance of meeting one's soulmate. Besides, I love this girl and I think that my marriage to her can help correct the wrong impression they have against outsiders in their town, the failure of which will further prove that outsiders dont deserve their daughters. I hope to return to Nigeria by the end of this year and I have to make a choice before my return. As I write, no one is as confused as I am. Pls help!
Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by Dyt(f): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
I feel everyth u feel
i know wat exactly u goin thru
things r easier said dan done
very hard 4 u drop d 7yrs babe mehn
dats wen she wld b comin up wit d tyms she stood by u,d Lot n Job stories *bible*
still thinkin of wat u can do
comin back shortly
Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by indie22(f): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2011
wow!

Yours is a tough one, but here goes,

If you dont love your girlfriend of 7 years anymore, (let her go), but be ready for the worst of scenarios, because you will be taking from her the past 7 years of her life. You've spent 7 years together, 7 years of sacrifices, it would have been better if you had left her back then when she cheated on you, for you to now wait all this while and in the process (you've met someone new) it'll make it seem as if you waited all this while to get back your own pound of flesh.

But at the end of the day, its up to you, its your life, your future, your home, you alone know who and what can make you happy.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by busygirl(f): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
why did you allow the relationship to drag that long when you knew it had no future in it. Guys sha! smh

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by Mynd44: 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
How much does a BULLETPROOF VEST go for? And you should also see a very strong BABALAWO for some major COOKING. After that you are free to dump your first girl
Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by Blazay(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2011
I have looked for several reasons to ditch my 7 years girlfriend which I am only pitying for being with me for such long years and for the age that is not really much on her side. My calculation is that my 7 years girl has got to go for her HND and NYSC, she can still find someone.

What an insult!

My new girl is in the last stage of her NYSC and as far as I know she has no one but me, I therefore fear that she might not meet a guy easily having left the stages where there is a high chance of meeting one's soulmate.

What an injury upon insult!

Besides, I love this girl and I think that my marriage to her can help correct the wrong impression they have against outsiders in their town, the failure of which will further prove that outsiders dont deserve their daughters.

The rate at which you are going. . .in a self-centered manner, you will wake up to the sad realization that the world does not revolve around you sir!

I hope to return to Nigeria by the end of this year and I have to make a choice before my return. As I write, no one is as confused as I am. Pls help!

Honey, safe journey. When you get there. . .you may find that both women have moved on and you are the one gonna be alone.
LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE MAKING PLANS.

Goodluck! kiss

Wetin these men think say them be sef?
Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
Blazay its another weekend, Make konji no wound me oo
Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2011
@poster
A) if your gf is as bad as you claim then why are you looking for "excuses" to get rid of her? during the last 5yrs, you havent found the guts yet?! what kind of animal are you?

B) your new "victim" has already talked marriage with her folks, when do you think is the time to tell her that you have a GIRLFRIEND already? better yet, when is the best time tell your 7yr old one that you are moving on?

C) i dont think you have any idea what it takes to MARRY SOMEONE. i suggest you reconsider IF being Yoruba and speaking Hausa are all the requirements that you need. TRUST and HONESTY are some of the foundation that you need to make a marriage successful AND UNFORTUNATELY you failed miserably on that subject!

D) there is no way you can predict that your union with this damsel is going to be an example for her village. if you want to use people as guinea pig for your own deranged tryouts, i suggest you go to Yaba left for patient.

E) there is only ONE thing that we can all agree on: you are definitely CONFUSED!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Ditch Her After 7 Years by BabaIbada: 12:31am On Jun 12, 2011
Head or tail someone's heart must be broken courtesy of your inconsistencies. Well, set out what you actually want in your wife apart from your Hausa/Yoruba dichotomy which I believe you urself know shouldnt have much relevance to your choice of woman. Act fast, boldly and reasonably as you are about to redefine someone's future. Above all, pray for God guidance as this step is capable of making or marring you, I mean you. Jonathan sorry, Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

A Good Girls Dilemma. / Wat Doz Dis Implie? / How To Get A Rich Sugar Mummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.