Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? (30683 Views)

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. / The Red Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by NessFortunate: 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
MufasaLion:
grin grin grin
A single man is a happy and healthy man.
to get peace of mind. Stay out of relationship. #beguilded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by MufasaLion: 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
StarGra:
you deserve SAN of Singles affairs..

grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by StarGra: 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Selfishness.. Everything about them and their family alone..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by zexy2030(m): 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
CorGier:
- If she isn't susceptible to emotional blackmail/manipulation, then that's the biggest, wrapper-sized red flag.

- If she ever says "my pastor/God said . . .so i can not. . .". Run from these ones. They're damaged goods.
- If she doesn't give BJs. Her ego or sense of self is clearly inflated. Jump and pass.

I'd drop more, but they might come for me.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Dannydapper: 11:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
iamyemiakins:
If you're too friendly, that's a red flag!
You're prone to be a gossiper grin
your redflag is underrated I swear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by LaExpert: 11:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
ghostboy:
So guys what are the things or signs that can make you quit a relationship without looking back?

There are some signs we see in our partners that are easily ignored or overlooked, maybe because these signs don't affect your relationship with your partner or maybe you think with time your partner will change.
But then there are the signs that can't be ignored or overlooked, so I'd like for you guys to share so people who exhibit some certain habit that's considered a redflag can readjust and learn to change some undesirable things about themselves.

Secrecy.

You see all these "I'm a private person talk," I can't be with such people...hide phone, lock laptop etc. I can't overlook that red flag.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Olivyabrown: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ebubechuwku:

Me I no get that time... na her problem be that..

I did everything just to suit her and still she still feel insecure.

She later told me, that I will find someone better than her...
Shey na talk be that?..

I didn't cheat on you, I didn't lie, I do everything to please and still you are telling me that, that's still not the real me and that she doesn't deserve me and I should find someone better... and as for me , I no get time, I don man up quickly, I get bills to pay than thinking on one failed relationship....

Lol. Guy na format she give you.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Nosa111:
There is no evidence that sex makes the p**sy wide oga! They can be a little change, but not with an exaggeration. Unless you want to say the same thing that sex also make a smaller D bigger after it stretch.

You're trying to reason with a misogynist? Are you new here? Lmao. Na wall you go just dey jam so. They've regurgitated and believe that so much that you almost think it's a medical fact. And no one bothers with correcting them anymore. Each to their ignorance and belief, wo.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by nick50(m): 3:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Smelly pussy, pride,unforgiving spirit, lack of loyalty and smoking, I hate public toilet too
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by chukel(m): 3:53am On Dec 09, 2021
Nicepoker:
I bet is that your hotel ex. Mercy abeg leave that guy alone he is married grin
she is embittered and pained for the loss. The guy go still knack her if opportunity presents. She just can't get over him. Let's say from her narration, she was in an abusive relationship with this guy, but she loved it. Mercy can only thrive in abusive relationships.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by lavamaestro(f): 4:17am On Dec 09, 2021
Physical, verbal, emotional abuse
Disrespect ( cheating, downgrading me, cussing me out or raising voice at me in public, talking shit about me to friends and family ..)
Unforgiving spirit
Unambitious, narcissistic and manipulative. (Dated someone like this, his only aim was to live in his parent's house, turn me to a traditional woman, control me till I had no say and wanted me to worship his broke, unattractive ass (30+ lipsrsealed)). This is the reason I refuse to date down. If you no fine, no come get bar, I no dey do. I once allowed intelligence and charm speak for me. It's better to be heartbroken by a fine, young and rich man than an ugly, short, skinny, unambitious, cocky 30+ man.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Lordedifice1: 5:24am On Dec 09, 2021
This is an avenue for some people to talk nonsense
You hate liars but you lie a lot
I hate lazy guys or ladies but you are the same
I hate him he gets angry too much but your own anger Is like a volcano eruption
He is not romantic but you don't even know anything romantic.
Work on yourself

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Serioussimeon: 5:37am On Dec 09, 2021
When his words doesn't correspond with his actions.. lieing without a guilt of conscience and forming it's all for love and don't wanna let go..manipulative and emotional blackmailer .
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by bigpicture001: 5:44am On Dec 09, 2021
Mercychen:
Womanizing
Smoking
Lying
Laziness
Verbal and physical abuse

Searching through my things when I'm not around. My ex did this a lot.

I remember the day I was coming from my elder sister's place (after Christmas) because he kept disturbing me to come back to area ( we stay in the same area) on the 31 so we can go for watchnight service together.

I went straight to his place with my travel bag. It was already night. So I went to shower to get ready for the watchnight service. I checked to see if I had locked the door before taking off my clothes, LO and behold the door was already locked from outside while the inside remained unlocked. I tot about it, shrugged and went ahead to boat it.

After bathing, I had to bang on the door before he opened it from outside. When I came out, he was smiling like a cat so I didn't think it to be anything because he plays a lot.

It was when I got to the sitting room and opened my bad that I discovered he was searching my bag while I was in the bathroom. That was why he locked me inside. Though he didn't touch my money but I later discovered he was searching for a condom. He wanted to know if I stopped by at a man's place before coming. Hmm...

Another one was after we broke up. He begged to come and see me. after much refusal, I told him to come.

when he came, I left my phone and went to get him a drink.
After he left, I discovered he tried turning on my phone but the casing of the phone had a protective plastic strip at the side. so all you need do is press on it and the light will come on but he didn't know so he now pulled on the strip and bent it badly so he could access my "on" button.
That was how he distroyed that phone case for me.

I don't know what he wanted to check in my phone after breaking up with him.

That's another red flag I can't overlook.

Y didn't u say ur most important red flag..... "Your guy not having plenty money.. "
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 09, 2021
bigpicture001:

Y didn't u say ur most important red flag..... "Your guy not having plenty money.. "

How is that a red flag?
Yes he didn't have money or job then but I stayed with him and didn't see that as a red flag. In fact, it was after he got a job at Chevron I called off the relationship.

All these small children sef. So girls have been dumping you because you don't have money?
Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by WhiteHouse9ja: 6:08am On Dec 09, 2021
Liars. Cold. Silent. Yet you are still the one pushing words out of her throat and she constantly says, "I love you". Na wash

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Bobxin: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2021
Awesometouch1:
I like your reasons.
I hope you were actually the faithful type, anyway.

Trust me tha question would sink in.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Bobxin: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2021
Lordedifice1:
This is an avenue for some people to talk nonsense
You hate liars but you lie a lot
I hate lazy guys or ladies but you are the same
I hate him he gets angry too much but your own anger Is like a volcano eruption
He is not romantic but you don't even know anything romantic.
Work on yourself

Hipocrisy at it's best
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Bobxin: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2021
Olivyabrown:

Lol. Guy na format she give you.

Not sure. She just had a serious problem
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Dextre(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2021
MufasaLion:
grin grin grin

A single man is a happy and healthy man.

Lmao, very very healthy
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by MufasaLion: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2021
Dextre:

Lmao, very very healthy

Right, bro.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Darkmode64: 8:50am On Dec 09, 2021
One major turnoff for me is being nonaccountable. Believe me guys, you don't want to be with someone who doesn't take responsibility for the most basic things. Always defensive. To add to the list is lack of solution orientation. Can't join you to resolve conflicts that may arise when things escalate. Even more is the poor communication skills. These major three are deal-breakers for me.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Hmmmmmmm... not easy.. wont lie

Ghosting &
Situationship Relationships
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by KingZaddy(m): 9:48am On Dec 09, 2021
Hassanmaye:
Haha what of Toto smell
that One Is Worse

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by bigpicture001: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2021
Mercychen:

How is that a red flag?
Yes he didn't have money or job then but I stayed with him and didn't see that as a red flag. In fact, it was after he got a job at Chevron I called off the relationship.

All these small children sef. So girls have been dumping you because you don't have money?
Pathetic!

Not just me.. 99.9 % girls have been dumping guyz that love and care so much for them cuz they don't have plenty money....
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by SOAG(m): 11:17am On Dec 09, 2021
Sheriman:

Abeg!!! commot here joor with this your imaginary Pi Network

Na your type go discourage people when bitcoin and even Ethereum was launched years back

Hey i didn't ask you to pay me so make you dey try dey your lane.
Over sabi Mr Nigerian
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by stanleyi1(m): 11:44am On Dec 09, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:
Is her mother living with her father?
Bros..Share more light on this..cos i'm about getting married to a girl that the mum is not with her dad..the man remarried tho.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by SirbobbyDgreat: 11:54am On Dec 09, 2021
stanleyi1:
Bros..Share more light on this..cos i'm about getting married to a girl that the mum is not with her dad..the man remarried tho.
See find out why the man had to remarry because from experience most traits women exhibit in their marriage always find a way to come back and reflect in the life of their daughters.

P.s most of them hate to be submissive to a man especially when they are educated and they are doing very well for themselves. E dey hard to stay
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Ganbite: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
BigSarah:
Smoking ( a dumb activity)

Alcohol

Unequal input & output

We are cool to go and u can chat me up @ zere eight one , seven nine, zero one four, three double five

Regards
Ganbite
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Domzie10(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Cheating,bad character
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Ganbite: 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
lavamaestro:
Physical, verbal, emotional abuse
Disrespect ( cheating, downgrading me, cussing me out or raising voice at me in public, talking shit about me to friends and family ..)
Unforgiving spirit
Unambitious, narcissistic and manipulative. (Dated someone like this, his only aim was to live in his parent's house, turn me to a traditional woman, control me till I had no say and wanted me to worship his broke, unattractive ass (30+ lipsrsealed)). This is the reason I refuse to date down. If you no fine, no come get bar, I no dey do. I once allowed intelligence and charm speak for me. It's better to be heartbroken by a fine, young and rich man than an ugly, short, skinny, unambitious, cocky 30+ man.

This one is looking for mr perfect
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
So you meant to add excessive possessiveness and jealousy to the list.
Mercychen:
Womanizing
Smoking
Lying
Laziness
Verbal and physical abuse

Searching through my things when I'm not around. My ex did this a lot.

I remember the day I was coming from my elder sister's place (after Christmas) because he kept disturbing me to come back to area ( we stay in the same area) on the 31 so we can go for watchnight service together.

I went straight to his place with my travel bag. It was already night. So I went to shower to get ready for the watchnight service. I checked to see if I had locked the door before taking off my clothes, LO and behold the door was already locked from outside while the inside remained unlocked. I tot about it, shrugged and went ahead to boat it.

After bathing, I had to bang on the door before he opened it from outside. When I came out, he was smiling like a cat so I didn't think it to be anything because he plays a lot.

It was when I got to the sitting room and opened my bad that I discovered he was searching my bag while I was in the bathroom. That was why he locked me inside. Though he didn't touch my money but I later discovered he was searching for a condom. He wanted to know if I stopped by at a man's place before coming. Hmm...

Another one was after we broke up. He begged to come and see me. after much refusal, I told him to come.

when he came, I left my phone and went to get him a drink.
After he left, I discovered he tried turning on my phone but the casing of the phone had a protective plastic strip at the side. so all you need do is press on it and the light will come on but he didn't know so he now pulled on the strip and bent it badly so he could access my "on" button.
That was how he distroyed that phone case for me.

I don't know what he wanted to check in my phone after breaking up with him.

That's another red flag I can't overlook.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shocking !!!: I Enjoyed Sex With My Brother Today.. / Bride Shares Her Touching Life Experience (Photos) / Transformation Photos Of 2 Lovers Who Were Picked Up From The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.