Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

The Fulani - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulani (31889 Views)

Who Are The Fulani People And Their Origins? / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / The Fulani - Bibbe Fulbe Lessdi Afriki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
Looooooooool! I don't know why people are wasting their time on what a starved barkhad abdi looking jobby jouster with a forehead the size of texas, Probably typing from a cafe in a war zone thinks. He keeps bugging West Africans about their appearance because he knows the insecurity of West Africans, Nigerians especially, gives him the attention he craves. How mighty he must feel. A Somali bringing the great Nigerians to their Knees! Loool! Shame on you all for giving the slightest F what this NEGROE thinks.

Now can we get back to the topic at hand, which is exposing this pagan fraud for what he is, his past threads suggest he has some knowledge on Hausa culture albeit with some errors. But for a surety, this fraud is not Hausa. Many times before with my former account, I have engaged him in a discussion with hausa but he always seems to ignore it, or dared him to speak hausa but to no avail. Finally someone persuaded him to speak hausa and I burst into laughter! Please. Kind IG please continue educating the confused identity thief/fraud on what hausa is.

Loool! Bamaguje my freakishly small foot.

Dan iska dai.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 12:38am On Oct 13, 2015
This whole thread is a troll. It has nothing to even do with Ful6e (Fulanis), the beautiful thread that Pagan9ja created has been completely been twisted into something entirely different.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 13, 2015
Fulaman198:
This whole thread is a troll. It has nothing to even do with Ful6e (Fulanis), the beautiful thread that Pagan9ja created has been completely been twisted into something entirely different.

Oooh but alas! The pagan is a fraud!!! First, in order to appreciate the beauty of the Fulbe culture and or religion we must first understand the motives of the creator. If he is not who he claims to be in the first place then serious questions need be asked about why he goes about claiming what he is not and his motives for creating this thread because going by his former threads I can deduce that he is a snake. I'm sure, even though you're a pullo,you can tell by what he wrote that surely he is not Hausa, even by the long stretch of who hausa may or may not be. But the Ajuran fellow is a little funny though, he has some quality troll game but I do feel sad for him and his country.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Oooh but alas! The pagan is a fraud!!! First, in order to appreciate the beauty of the Fulbe culture and or religion we must first understand the motives of the creator. If he is not who he claims to be in the first place then serious questions need be asked about why he goes about claiming what he is not and his motives for creating this thread because going by his former threads I can deduce that he is a snake. I'm sure, even though you're a pullo,you can tell by what he wrote that surely he is not Hausa, even by the long stretch of who hausa may or may not be. But the Ajuran fellow is a little funny though, he has some quality troll game but I do feel sad for him and his country.

Ajuran has always been a top high-quality troll, that won't change. However, if you have an issue with Pagan, please take it up with him private.

Don't violate this rule: 10. Don't violate the privacy of any Nairaland member e.g. by posting personal details/conversations without permission.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ajuran has always been a top high-quality troll, that won't change. However, if you have an issue with Pagan, please take it up with him private.

Don't violate this rule: 10. Don't violate the privacy of any Nairaland member e.g. by posting personal details/conversations without permission.

Nooo! But I have not broken that rule. Except you're looking for a reason to ban me. I've never had any personal discussion with him, nor do I have any personal detail of his. But when it comes to issues like these, I do not appreciate some confused identity thief perverting the culture of my forefathers, this is no personal issue.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Nooo! But I have not broken that rule. Except you're looking for a reason to ban me. I've never had any personal discussion with him, nor do I have any personal detail of his. But when it comes to issues like these, I do not appreciate some confused identity thief perverting the culture of my forefathers, this is no personal issue.

LOL I'm not looking to ban you. You didn't do anything wrong yet (just saying that if you want to expose Pagan9ja, then please keep it between you and him brother). Thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

LOL I'm not looking to ban you. You didn't do anything wrong yet (just saying that if you want to expose Pagan9ja, then please keep it between you and him brother). Thanks!

And I will try not to break any rule of course. But I refuse to sit back and watch him spread falsities about what he had no business claiming in the first place.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

And I will try not to break any rule of course. But I refuse to sit back and watch him spread falsities about what he had no business claiming in the first place.

Understood
Re: The Fulani by lawani: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Please do consider Pagan naija's view. Mohammed is probably in hell fire. A man who attacked people for not following his instructions on how to worship one Allah. A man who was a war monger, rapist and blood spiller. He killed a man and raped his wife on thesame day. He and his henchmen are cooling off their heels in hellfire. Pls research the spiritualities of your ancestors and revert to them. That is the elusive religion of peace. God bless you sirs and mas.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by farouk0403(m): 5:55am On Jun 20, 2016

I just come across this thread, I didn't know that there are still pagans amidst HAUSA people.

ama fa pagan9ja bamaguje ne ama ya iya HAUSA kuma ya San al'adan hausa, kawai dan shi Arne ne kuma ya girma a waje.

But I believe that he just need little encouragement and enlightenment by some one, for him to convert. The paganism has eaten him to the extend that he can't see any good that comes from islam.

Pls we should not insult him or use any vulgar word against him instead we should show him the bounty of Islam through this medium, may be he may have a second thought.
Gaskiya he is tarnishing the image of HAUSA people and islam.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by farouk0403(m): 6:03am On Jun 20, 2016
lawani:
Please do consider Pagan naija's view. Mohammed is probably in hell fire. A man who attacked people for not following his instructions on how to worship one Allah. A man who was a war monger, rapist and blood spiller. He killed a man and raped his wife on thesame day. He and his henchmen are cooling off their heels in hellfire. Pls research the spiritualities of your ancestors and revert to them. That is the elusive religion of peace. God bless you sirs and mas.

why don't you face your on business? most you poke nose on someone affairs?
I hardly see any muslim in nairaland condeming Christianity. Mind religion is something that you can't force it on someone or make some one to change his mind about his religion except by Gods will. I knew that there are bad apples in Islam , but in every religion there are bad apples as well.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani by KingCobra234: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2016
As you vote, remember Refiner is a tribal bigot who hates the Hausas and Fulanis.

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
KingCobra234:
As you vote, remember Refiner is a tribal bigot who hates the Hausas and Fulanis.

Many people on here are ethnic bigots, they are just best left ignored.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 2:18am On Jun 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

Many people on here are ethnic bigots, they are just best left ignored.

Fulaman, happy Ramadan

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani by Kexorcist(m): 5:46am On Jun 25, 2016
Salam una yuas. This troll thread has been both entertaining and informative, but weren't we supposed to be talking about the Fulani? Where's this thread even going now?
Pagan, you've been pwnd. IG, you'll be breaking the law if you own Pagan any harder.

About the Egyptians, DNA studies indicate that Egyptians are their own ethnic group and have changed little in 5000 years, meaning ancient Egyptians looked like modern Egyptians. The Egyptians are not Arabs; they have more DNA in common with other northern Africans like the Berbers. There is not much DNA mixture between Egyptians and Nubians. However, the two cultures lived very close to each other and had great influence over each other. Nubia even built pyramids and had kings styled like pharaohs. And Egypt adopted some Nubian customs and even had a number of black nubian pharaohs. We know from Egyptian art that the Egyptians saw themselves as being like red and could clearly distinguish between red skin tones and black skin tones. That's all from me on the subject.

West Africa is one of the most diverse places in the world. Period. The world has 2500 languages and a full fifth of them are found just in Nigeria. West African people are genetically distinct from east Africans as the east Africans are distinct from southern Africans. There is a reason why skin tones and face shapes are different between these regions.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 8:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ajuran:

Fulaman, happy Ramadan

Thanks man, same to you
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2016
Kexorcist:
Salam una yuas. This troll thread has been both entertaining and informative, but weren't we supposed to be talking about the Fulani? Where's this thread even going now?
Pagan, you've been pwnd. IG, you'll be breaking the law if you own Pagan any harder.

About the Egyptians, DNA studies indicate that Egyptians are their own ethnic group and have changed little in 5000 years, meaning ancient Egyptians looked like modern Egyptians. The Egyptians are not Arabs; they have more DNA in common with other northern Africans like the Berbers. There is not much DNA mixture between Egyptians and Nubians. However, the two cultures lived very close to each other and had great influence over each other. Nubia even built pyramids and had kings styled like pharaohs. And Egypt adopted some Nubian customs and even had a number of black nubian pharaohs. We know from Egyptian art that the Egyptians saw themselves as being like red and could clearly distinguish between red skin tones and black skin tones. That's all from me on the subject.

West Africa is one of the most diverse places in the world. Period. The world has 2500 languages and a full fifth of them are found just in Nigeria. West African people are genetically distinct from east Africans as the east Africans are distinct from southern Africans. There is a reason why skin tones and face shapes are different between these regions.

This is all bullcrap. Many Berber groups are black especially the ones segregated in the mountains look far more black than white. The "Berbers" that are white in complexion have a lot of Roman, Greek, Turkish and Mamluk DNA.

They can't even speak their respective Berber dialects. Today, Touaregs are the closest thing to true Berbers as they have maintained their respective traditions as well as their tiffinagh alphabet.

In regards to Egypt, wrong again. Egypt has a plethora of ethnic groups including Siwa Berbers (who are true Berbers and have never mixed) as you can see they have a very unique look that almost resembles the oldest people in the world (Khoisan of southern Africa). Many Tuaregs have that Siwa look too with Asiatic eyes but with black hair and dark skin.

Another group in Egypt and also neighbouring Sudan are the Nubians. Egypt has a bunch of ethnic groups. So your misinformation is incorrect.
Re: The Fulani by AjaanaOka(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

This is all bullcrap. Many Berber groups are black especially the ones segregated in the mountains look far more black than white. The "Berbers" that are white in complexion have a lot of Roman, Greek, Turkish and Mamluk DNA.

They can't even speak their respective Berber dialects. Today, Touaregs are the closest thing to true Berbers as they have maintained their respective traditions as well as their tiffinagh alphabet.

In regards to Egypt, wrong again. Egypt has a plethora of ethnic groups including Siwa Berbers (who are true Berbers and have never mixed) as you can see they have a very unique look that almost resembles the oldest people in the world (Khoisan of southern Africa). Many Tuaregs have that Siwa look too with Asiatic eyes but with black hair and dark skin.

Another group in Egypt and also neighbouring Sudan are the Nubians. Egypt has a bunch of ethnic groups. So your misinformation is incorrect.

Concerning the bolded, which mountain-dwelling Berbers are more black than white? From what I know Berbers who live in mountainous regions, such as the Riffians in Morocco, look even 'whiter' than neighbouring Berber groups. A significant number of them ( i.e., Riffians of the Rif Mountain Range) even have blond hair and blue eyes.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
AjaanaOka:

Concerning the bolded, which mountain-dwelling Berbers are more black than white? From what I know Berbers who live in mountainous regions, such as the Riffians in Morocco, look even 'whiter' than neighbouring Berber groups. A significant number of them ( i.e., Riffians of the Rif Mountain Range) even have blond hair and blue eyes.

That's complete nonsense: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrar_des_Ifoghas

I'm not talking about people of European origin Afro Asiatic languages came from Africa. White folks only started speaking them recently. These include Amharic, Hausa, Somali, Ngas, Tamasheq/ Tamazigh, Tigrinya, etc.

No indigenous group of Berbers are white. White Berbers ancestry as aforementioned can be traced back to Rome, Greece, Turkey, Etc
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
True Berbers

Re: The Fulani by Kexorcist(m): 12:07am On Jun 26, 2016
Fulaman198:

Ah, I see that I was not wholly right. A more accurate description would be that the Berbers come in different colors and there are many black Berbers and Tuaregs. There are also many brown and white Berbers and Tuaregs.
The Siwa are Berbers and they live in Egypt. Thank you for telling me about them; they are an interesting case as most Berbers live further west. However, they are a distinct population from the Egyptians and from others like the Nubians. I did not claim all Egpytians were ethnic Egyptian, merely the majority. To say that there are no minorities in Egypt would be like claiming that there are no non-Nihonjin in Japan, a lie.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 12:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Kexorcist:

Ah, I see that I was not wholly right. A more accurate description would be that the Berbers come in different colors and there are many black Berbers and Tuaregs. There are also many brown and white Berbers and Tuaregs.
The Siwa are Berbers and they live in Egypt. Thank you for telling me about them; they are an interesting case as most Berbers live further west. However, they are a distinct population from the Egyptians and from others like the Nubians. I did not claim all Egpytians were ethnic Egyptian, merely the majority. To say that there are no minorities in Egypt would be like claiming that there are no non-Nihonjin in Japan, a lie.

There is no such thing as "ethnic" Egyptian today. Only Eurocentrics make up that crap. Today, Egypt is a mix of Roman, Turks, Greeks, Mamluks, Arabs, Blacks, etc. into what we have today as "Egyptian" with their official language being Arabic.

If you want an accurate description of what Ancient Egyptians looked like, see how they drew themselves....dark brown aka the skin colour of the typical African
Re: The Fulani by Kexorcist(m): 1:37am On Jun 26, 2016
Fulaman198:

There is no such thing as "ethnic" Egyptian today. Only Eurocentrics make up that crap. Today, Egypt is a mix of Roman, Turks, Greeks, Mamluks, Arabs, Blacks, etc. into what we have today as "Egyptian" with their official language being Arabic.

If you want an accurate description of what Ancient Egyptians looked like, see how they drew themselves....dark brown aka the skin colour of the typical African

I bring proof.

DNA evidence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt
Artistic evidence: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/4e/0b/fb/4e0bfb3118f8b844fb904fdd0fa3b4aa.jpg

The Egyptians did not and do not look like black Africans. While the skin colors are similar, features like face shape and hair are totally different. Keep in mind that Chinese and Europeans are only at most distantly related despite having similar skin colors.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 1:45am On Jun 26, 2016
Kexorcist:

I bring proof.

DNA evidence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt
Artistic evidence: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/4e/0b/fb/4e0bfb3118f8b844fb904fdd0fa3b4aa.jpg

The Egyptians did not and do not look like black Africans. While the skin colors are similar, features like face shape and hair are totally different. Keep in mind that Chinese and Europeans are only at most distantly related despite having similar skin colors.

Again completely inaccurate Eurocentric information. Wikipedia is not and will never be a valid source of information. You are joking right? What is the black African look? So black people are monolithic now? Because there are many black ethnicities in Africa. Everyone knows that! Ancient Egyptians were black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xOWebVYvw

Kindly take your white-washed Eurocentric beliefs elsewhere. We don't fall for that crap in Nigeria. It may work on your fellow Americans and Westerners not here.
Re: The Fulani by AjaanaOka(m): 3:42am On Jun 26, 2016
Fulaman198:

That's complete nonsense: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrar_des_Ifoghas

I'm not talking about people of European origin Afro Asiatic languages came from Africa. White folks only started speaking them recently. These include Amharic, Hausa, Somali, Ngas, Tamasheq/ Tamazigh, Tigrinya, etc.

No indigenous group of Berbers are white. White Berbers ancestry as aforementioned can be traced back to Rome, Greece, Turkey, Etc

What is complete nonsense? The fact that Berbers in the Rif Mountain Range have blue-eyed blondes among their numbers? Because I can most certainly assure you that is not nonsense.

The race of the 'true' Berbers is not what I am contending here. The question I raised was about what you said about Berbers segregated in the mountains being mostly 'black' today, which doesn't seem to hold true for Berbers in the mountainous districts of The Rif (in Morocco) and Kabylia (in Algeria).
Re: The Fulani by Kexorcist(m): 3:56am On Jun 26, 2016
Fulaman198:

Again completely inaccurate Eurocentric information. Wikipedia is not and will never be a valid source of information. You are joking right? What is the black African look? So black people are monolithic now? Because there are many black ethnicities in Africa. Everyone knows that! Ancient Egyptians were black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xOWebVYvw

Kindly take your white-washed Eurocentric beliefs elsewhere. We don't fall for that crap in Nigeria. It may work on your fellow Americans and Westerners not here.

Dear fulaman198,

In a previous post in this very thread, I made a purpose of pointing out that there are multiple different black populations, cultures, languages, and gene pools. I illustrated that perhaps a full fifth of the world's language exist just in Nigeria alone. It was to illustrate the point that not all Africans, black, pale, or swarthy, are one enormous monolithic group. I have pointed out scientific evidence which applies on large scales such as populations and civilizations across history. The conclusive evidence is that the Egyptians, ancient and modern, are primarily of north African, Berber, Nilotic, and even afro-asiatic descent, and that historically speaking, yes, there have been and there are many black Egyptians, but the primary population of Egypt is not black, nor was it in the dynastic periods, though perhaps more blacks lived in Egypt then than today, and that due to the great cultural proximities between Egypt and Nubia and Kush, that black peoples certainly were integrated and common in Egyptian society to the point where there were lines of black pharaohs. If I were being Eurocentric, I would have made an effort to actively link and implicate Egypt and Europe, to imply that Egypt was a European kingdom on the African continent. I believe no such thing and I say no such thing. The skin tones of other north African peoples, such as many Berbers, are consistent with the skin tones of peoples from similar latitudes, as the Berbers get darker the farther south they go. Swarthy Berber and Egyptian skin tones match the skin tones of many Black people from around the world, but it does not make them black on account of there being different genetic markers and physical features between the two populations, just as many Euro peoples have the same skin color as far east Asian peoples, and yet nobody in their right mind would claim that the two are or were one

And your response is to throw up your hands and shout that I must be an evil white westerner because I believe differently from you. You accuse me of painting all black people as a monolithic whole immediately before you imply that all black people simply MUST believe as you do to be authentic, which paints all black people with one brush. I have seen you write that many of your tribe are full-blooded and not mixed -- pure, a thing which you treat as a source of significant pride. I can see the way this is going. You have betrayed your own purposeful ignorance. Good day, sir.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani by Amoto94(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2016
Ancient Egyptians are dark-skinned in complexion most of the sayings of the modern day anthropologists are in opposition to the truth of the matter as they're trying to present an eurocentric ideology and the survival of the fittest crap postulated by Charles Darwin.
My tribe migrated from Egypt and moved to other places before settling down at our present location in Kogi State, Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Siddika Lamido To Wed Abubakar Umar Kurfi (Photos) / The Aseyin of Iseyin, Oba Adekunle Salawudeen Is Dead / Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.