Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages (54137 Views)

Kristina Lisina 'Kris The Foxx' Dies Falling From Tower Block (Photos) / Kika Osunde Reveal Deep End Secrets On Why Yutee And Julius Rones Are Blackmail / DJ Cuppy Responds To Hateful Things People Say About Her Music (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Holiness2100: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2021
BULLYING TRAGEDY: YouTube star, 21, takes her own life after being bombarded with hateful messages online ‘for years’

Kristina 'Kika' Dukic, 21, was found dead at home in the Serbian capital of Belgrade on December 8 after "years" of alleged online abuse.

The death of the internet personality, who had more than a million followers across Instagram, YouTube and Twitch, was first made public by her mum Natasa.

A post, which has since disappeared, confirmed her passing, adding that anyone having suicidal thoughts should seek help.

And a close friend of the star, Mira Vladisavljevic, tearfully told Serbian tabloid Telegraf: "A terrible thing happened last night.

"I appeal to all the media to carefully report on this case and on the girl who struggled with bullying for five years. Please understand."

A string of social media posts suggested Kristina had been battling bullying online for several years.

In one video, she explained that whatever she did, it was never good enough.

Kristina then tried to explain to critics that it was important to be happy and to do what you wanted in life before describing the hate-filled message she had received.

This included people vilifying her appearance and accusing her of having plastic surgery.

One of her main critics was Serbian gamer Bogdan Ilic, as known as Baka Prase, who has more than a million Instagram followers.

He trawled through her videos, labelling her as a fake according to local media outlet Republika.

The newspaper also reports that, due to his large following, things quickly escalated and his supporters bombarded Kristina's posts with hateful comments, including some which said: "Kill yourself."

Bogdan has allegedly since tried to distance himself from the situation, claiming that he had become friends with Kristina before her death.

According to another local media outlet, Direktno, Bogdan claimed he was "among the first" to be told of Kristina's passing.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I'm sorry I didn't announce that we reconciled and became friends," he added.

"I'm sorry because people don't know the reason and point the finger.

"They do not give the dead peace and respect, just to get a few likes, to fulfill their desire for revenge and in the ugliest possible way."

Kristina's final post, shared on November 11, read: "She said, 'Where we goin'?' I said, 'The moon'."

The circumstances surrounding her death are being investigated, the Ministry of the Interior of Serbia said.

An Instagram post from December 11 confirmed Kristina's funeral will be held at one of Belgrade's largest cemeteries in Lešće on December 14.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17008377/youtube-star-takes-own-life-hateful-messages/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Anieke77(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2021
Suicide is not an option period

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by daddytime(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
Let's say, No to all forms of bullying.

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Righteousness2(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
So Unfortunate she had to go through such. Taking her life is not the answer.

No Matter the matter!
Suicide should never ever be an option.
Suicide is straight to Eternal Destruction

Anyone telling u that u are going to rest or you have an Escape route through suicide is giving u a huge lie.

Suicide is Straight to Hell!

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
Aunty, as you kill yourself wetin u gain, see how complete she is, nawa o... as long as death didn't come knocking at my door, I'll live my life to the fullest o

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Scoocoo94(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
I pray bullies here see this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by ZendayaColeman(f): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
People underestimate low self-esteem. Low self-esteem is a deadly disease especially among female teens.

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Brunosamel(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
Quite unfortunate she took her life for a mere hateful message that to tell you it very necessary to keep ones emotional and mental health to check.. as for I would be laughing out load to my haters and there hateful message

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by RadioMOUTH(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021

Say no to suicide

3 Likes

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Pidginwhisper: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by ecomalchemist(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
Res easy
Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Bahamas95(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
Why didn't she delete her account if she can't swallow insults? Fresh pussssy wasted just like that.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by blackboy2star(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
GenX and the mentality of thinking about what people say...

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Transporter11: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
She is 21 for God's sake

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by wiseone28: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
That's the consequences when you live a social media life

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by DoggoneDogg: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
Good riddance.
Mother Nature weeding out the weak from the genepool.

21 Likes

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by FactBoyz: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
angry
Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ọmọ
blackboy2star:
GenX and the mentality of thinking about what people say...
It's gen z actually.

After YouTube has locked the dislike counter. Next is to lock the comment's section. This isn't good.
But if you want to be a celeb by all means you have to be prepared for stuff like this now. Just as you get undeserved love, you'll get undeserved hate.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I'm sorry I didn't announce that we reconciled and became friends," he added.
You made a video hating on her, yet when you "reconciled", you no fit make video about that one too. No dey lie for here jare. Take responsibility.

Na why I like moist critical. He specifically tells his viewers not to go hating on people's page. Irrespective of the type of content he has made about them. You'd know that disclaimer is necessary when you realize most of these viewers are under 13

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
So sad

4 Likes

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Help2020: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
Holiness2100:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17008377/youtube-star-takes-own-life-hateful-messages/amp/
Why not rather delete her YouTube account? O just stop uploading videos. Or disable comments..

5 Likes

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by sammybest889(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****
that why people like us stand to say #NOTOBULLY of any from

this is 1 of d reason I like Nigeria (most especially people like us who are been raise 4rm d ghetto) u are build to have dis sense of toughness(a.k a stubborn Head) DAT wen a bully give u trouble,u give him double (two seconds)

BT wat abt those with low self esteem

#SAYNOTOBULLY

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Netanya(f): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
Anieke77:
only if you know how depression feels..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by DoggoneDogg: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
[s]
ZendayaColeman:
People underestimate low self-esteem. Low self-esteem is a deadly disease especially among female teens.
[/s]

Because they choose to live on social media & public opinion.
If she wasn't moved by what others think she would still be alive today.

I say good riddance.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Coronavirus123: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
All these sift oyinbo go just set commit suicide over nothing. Good bless every naija girls who still stand strong in spite of constant abuse from tramadol boys

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Ropostic120(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
To BULLY people is bad. Not all people are emotionally strong and that is why bible advises us to allow good communication out of our mouths always. Let the words of your mouth sweeten the lives of people and not to make them bitter

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by devilmaycry: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
suicide should never be an option...

All forms of bullying is bad...and disheartening

When u got a street heart...cyber bullying becomes a joke

9 Likes

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by WoundedLamb: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
Sad.

We always come here to say RIP to these suicide victims but everyday, people on this platform still mindlessly say terrible things to others. Funny thing is, some people would start considering the exact thing that made the victim take thier life and then start telling us how it's not worth it. What these people don't know is that it's hardly about the triggering factor but more about the individual, their achilles' heel and pre-existing dispositions. If you don't have anything good or constructive to say to people, just leave them alone. Some say it's the Nigerian lifestyle. Such people are just galvanizing thier lack of empathy. Please, let's be considerate in dealing with people. Being blunt or straightforward or woke or whatever it's called shouldn't take the place of being kind.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
Wasted puna
Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by Mko123(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
Q
Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by chiedu7: 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
Take your time & give them fire for fire!
Anieke77:
yes oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kristina 'Kika' Dukic Commits Suicide Over Hateful Messages by RingRoadMafia: 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
sammybest889:
****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****

Guy stop this stale “To whom it may concern” nonsense. It’s silly and annoying. Everyone wants to have a signature intro since Slawormiir made it look cool, and of all the phoneys I’ve been seeing trying to copy Slawormiir, yours is by far the dumbest!

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cynthia Morgan Reacts To Jude Okoye's Interview, Clarifies Contract, Issues / Tonto Dikeh Slams Prince Ifeanyi Dike, Actors Guild Chairman / Newman Chinda: Newmanny In Nude Protest Against Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.