Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,709 members, 7,813,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? (23153 Views)

Christian Meaning Of Airplane In Dreams / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2021
Hi brethren.

I was going somewhere to get something and I needed to make a huge payment to acquire that thing. Now, sometimes If I want to get something, I do pray that the holy spirit should give me a sign whether or not to go ahead with it.

So along the line, as we were heading to the sales point, I hit my right foot against a stone. It was so bad that people around chorused their sorry.

At first I didn't give it a thought but later I became worried and didn't go through with the transaction. So I googled and found out hitting ones foot is usually a bad sign that the journey will end up badly if the person doesn't retract from it. That I already did.

Now, my question is, as a Christian ( bornagain) should I be worried about such superstitious belief?

Should I have gone ahead to acquire that thing, waving off the warning signs?

Should a Christian adhere to these signs? Cos I realized by the time I sluggishly went back to get it, it was already sold out.

Your thoughts please. Mature and spirit-filled Christans only. I don't mean diviners, please. Pure Christans.

Thanks.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by nosiebaba(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2021
Don't allow Satan compromise your faith by showing superstitious ideas in your head jare. Except the stone was invisible grin

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Kosoco(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2021
Elders pls..... we are waiting patiently.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 12, 2021
nosiebaba:
Don't allow Satan compromise your faith by showing superstitious ideas in your head jare. Except the stone was invisible grin

Ok.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by AntiChristian: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2021
I am not born again.

I don't believe in superstitions and omens!

What happened to you was as a result of your carelessness.

Even if i saw cobwebs early in the morning my belief is that one or more spiders decided to spin their web there looking for wetin to chop!

Even if you see a black cat in the middle of the night, know that verily if something is not chasing it, it is surely chasing something.

Na wetin them won chop them dey find.

Village people no chase Prophet Job yet he sufffer pass who village people chase!

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by helinues: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2021
If there are so many stones on the road and if you are not concentrating, there is high possibility of hitting your foot on the stone. If the shoe/slippers you are wearing is oversized, there is also possibility.

All this superstition eish is boring

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2021
What is one more superstitious nonsense..

Compared to all the other religious rubbish you all wallow in..

Abeg..

Wait for those that can read the future..

To tell you the meaning..

A coward dies a thousand times before his death. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Barbiturate(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2021
If I hit my left foot, then it means there's danger ahead. If it's the right one, no issues.

And I believe that whatever happens to me,(which I didn't cause to happen, or I caused ignorantly) is an act of God!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by devilmaycry: 7:15am On Dec 12, 2021
That foot stuff is old sha....
I bliv wat ever one chooses to bliv works for him or her ....

8 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by donbachi(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2021
Myth
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by BMathew: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2021
You're unconsciously going to fall victim of scam and you unconsciously hit your leg against a stone it brought your consciousness to the fact that you're going to the part of regret, is that Superstition?

4 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by BMathew: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2021
BMathew:
You're unconsciously going to fall victim of scam and you unconsciously hit your leg against a stone it brought your consciousness to the fact that you're going to the part of regret, is that Superstition?

The fact that you said you pray before stepping out means you've surrender your will to the leading of the Holy Spirit. So the Spirit can use anything to avert such regret.

11 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by DropsMic(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2021
LOL
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by famousroland(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2021
When I was young, I was told that if I hit my left leg on the stone or anything, that it’s always a bad omen but if I hit my right leg, that it’s a good sign, I believed this myth a lot that if I hit my left leg, I’ll start shouting “BLOOD OF JESUS” and rebuking up and down....Well things like this made our childhood memories fun

2 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by xynerise: 8:26am On Dec 12, 2021
It means watch your steps next time

2 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Costello559(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2021
See what i woke up to read���. Africa ��. If u no hit leg for stone, nko? E no go get meaning? Abeg ooo.

Make better story hit front page abeg.

2 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2021
Superstitious belief..you guys are used to derailing everywhere on Sundays why is it that way?you are either posting spiritual things up and dan..

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Cholls(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2021
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by bigdammyj: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2021
Okay

Fake Christians everywhere.

So, the Holy Spirit blindfolded you not to see the stone on the road?

Would you have turned back if you were going to Canada or US embassy for interview or Dangote call you to sign contract and you hit your left or right leg?

8 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by sonnie10: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2021
The Oyinbo Christians that live in paved road neighborhoods without loose stones nko?

3 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by specialmati(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

I was going somewhere to get something and I needed to make a huge payment to acquire that thing. Now, sometimes If I want to get something, I do pray that the holy spirit should give me a sign whether or not to go ahead with it.

So along the line, as we were heading to the sales point, I hit my right foot against a stone. It was so bad that people around chorused their sorry.

At first I didn't give it a thought but later I became worried and didn't go through with the transaction. So I googled and found out hitting ones foot is usually a bad sign that the journey will end up badly if the person doesn't retract from it. That I already did.

Now, my question is, as a Christian ( bornagain) should I be worried about such superstitious belief?

Should a Christian adhere to these signs? Cos I realized by the time I sluggishly went back to get it, it was already sold out.

Your thoughts please. Mature and spirit-filled Christans only. I don't mean diviners, please. Pure Christans.

Thanks.
you google where ist in the bible,I hit my leg on stone one day that I went to play football guess what I scored 2goals for my team to win
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:30am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.

Superstitious....
@OP
What about hitting your head on your car's door opening? It happens to me a lot.

Deep Quote:
Emmacipate yourself from mental(religious) slavery!

GonzalezAguero:
Superstitious belief..you guys are used to derailing everywhere on Sundays why is it that way?you are either posting spiritual things up and dan..
Pinned

Costello559:
See what i woke up to read���. Africa ��. If u no hit leg for stone, nko? E no go get meaning? Abeg ooo.

Make better story hit front page abeg.
Very tiresome to see that NL moderator(s) pushed it to front page....maybe it's just a fun post to catch cruise.
NL is full of cruise though...not surprised �

AntiChristian:
I am not born again.

I don't believe in superstitions and omens!

What happened to you was as a result of your carelessness.

Even if i saw cobwebs early in the morning my belief is that one or more spiders decided to spin their web there looking for wetin to chop!

Why are you Anti to Christ?

xynerise:
It means watch your steps next time

helinues:
If there are so many stones on the road and if you are not concentrating, there is high possibility of hitting your foot on the stone. If the shoe/slippers you are wearing is oversized, there is also possibility.

All this superstition eish is boring

nosiebaba:

BruncleZuma:
It means nothing...dey look ground when you dey waka.
Apt commentors.

@Seniorwriter
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by BruncleZuma: 8:30am On Dec 12, 2021
It means nothing...dey look ground when you dey waka.

4 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by jericco1(m): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2021
It doesn't mean jack.. hit my left toe against a boulder last night, still feeling the damn pain!

2 Likes

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by blesdman(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.
As a man thinks, so is he. Whatever we think is what happens. When u believe a superstition, it happens. When u don't believe, it doesn't happen. Every thing human sees is a reflection of their subconscious thoughts which they believe in while sleeping. Change ur thoughts or mindset, change ur reality. Religion is for control of people to follow a particular way of life. This is the reason u have people prospering who are not members of churches, or Elon musk getting richer and richer. Our mindsets are what happens around us!

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by TooMuchStuff: 8:37am On Dec 12, 2021
BMathew:

The fact that you said you pray before stepping out means you've surrender your will to the leading of the Holy Spirit. So the Spirit can use anything to avert such regret.

Very right. When an infinitely wise God is guiding a mere mortally finite man, he can use anything.
Usually become more careful whenever I hit any of my foot again hard objects when going on a mission.

My spirit guide works for me even when am doing my own thing. God has used even a foe to correct me in the past.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Richy4(m): 8:40am On Dec 12, 2021
I thought hitting your foot against a stone is a Figure of speech.. when applied Biblically.. It got nothing to do with shopping, tripping over a stone in a shopping mall smiley

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Skillsnigeria: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy / Deliverance From Four Demonic Kingdoms!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.