Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? (23556 Views)

Christian Meaning Of Airplane In Dreams / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Exodora: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
We don suffer for superstition.
Eye twitching is my problem now for over one year now my eyes have been twitching.

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

I was going somewhere to get something and I needed to make a huge payment to acquire that thing. Now, sometimes If I want to get something, I do pray that the holy spirit should give me a sign whether or not to go ahead with it.

So along the line, as we were heading to the sales point, I hit my right foot against a stone. It was so bad that people around chorused their sorry.

At first I didn't give it a thought but later I became worried and didn't go through with the transaction. So I googled and found out hitting ones foot is usually a bad sign that the journey will end up badly if the person doesn't retract from it. That I already did.

Now, my question is, as a Christian ( bornagain) should I be worried about such superstitious belief?

Should I have gone ahead to acquire that thing, waving off the warning signs?

Should a Christian adhere to these signs? Cos I realized by the time I sluggishly went back to get it, it was already sold out.

Your thoughts please. Mature and spirit-filled Christans only. I don't mean diviners, please. Pure Christans.

Thanks.
(And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin Rom. 14:23)
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by WoundedLamb: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
I am not born again.

I don't believe in superstitions and omens!

What happened to you was as a result of your carelessness.

Even if i saw cobwebs early in the morning my belief is that one or more spiders decided to spin their web there looking for wetin to chop!

Even if you see a black cat in the middle of the night, know that verily if something is not chasing it, it is surely chasing something.

Na wetin them won chop them dey find.

Village people no chase Prophet Job.

Lol... cats are lovely.

Even without any chase, cats sleep during the day to walk around at night. That's a known fact. I don't know why anyone would believe that a cat doing what cats do is something to be afraid of.

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Mankezi(m): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Superstition is superstition
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by bigcasava1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
I am not born again.

Even if i saw cobwebs early in the morning my belief is that one or more spiders decided to spin their web there looking for wetin to chop!

Even if you see a black cat in the middle of the night, know that verily if something is not chasing it, it is surely chasing something.

Are you saying that evil forces doesn't exist?
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by sooperrescue(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
Just think of what happened to Balaam and his donkey. The thing you wanted to buy and which did not materialize, what did you lose by not buying it? You should redirect your focus on things that edifies and not for vain glory.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by papadada: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
This happened to me today, I though the same. If I should go back. Believe me brother I proceed with my journey but I had 2 terrible experience. I thank God I didn't loose my life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
papadada:
This happened to me today, I though the same. If I should go back. Believe me brother I proceed with my journey but I had 2 terrible experience. I thank God I didn't loose my life

Hmm.. serious!
sooperrescue:
Just think of what happened to Balaam and his donkey. The thing you wanted to buy and which did not materialize, what did you lose by not buying it? You should redirect your focus on things that edifies and not for vain glory.

It's actually a product that I got cheap compared to the market price. my regret is just missing it.

Ok.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Thank you, Almighty Lord.

❤❤❤❤
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Which handsome man? undecided. Me wen eyes dey chook for money I want to spend.

spend abi invest?

Anyway, I wish you success in your hustles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by nesgeeek(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
That is ur own believe and perspective. to me, I don't believe that kicking a stone mistakenly is a bad sign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Emk5556: 8:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
Una don start. That's why they see Christians as unserious set of people. [i] it means NOTHING.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by AllahEatsShit: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
You don't believe in superstition? Even your useless POOphet was superstitious and he believed that black dogs are demonic and cause bad luck!

[img]https://images./2BlcBJC7vR2wF1O3rVSuNp.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:
I am not born again.

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by PlatGurGongo: 1:36am On Dec 13, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

I was going somewhere to get something and I needed to make a huge payment to acquire that thing. Now, sometimes If I want to get something, I do pray that the holy spirit should give me a sign whether or not to go ahead with it.

So along the line, as we were heading to the sales point, I hit my right foot against a stone. It was so bad that people around chorused their sorry.

At first I didn't give it a thought but later I became worried and didn't go through with the transaction. So I googled and found out hitting ones foot is usually a bad sign that the journey will end up badly if the person doesn't retract from it. That I already did.

Now, my question is, as a Christian ( bornagain) should I be worried about such superstitious belief?

Should I have gone ahead to acquire that thing, waving off the warning signs?

Should a Christian adhere to these signs? Cos I realized by the time I sluggishly went back to get it, it was already sold out.

Your thoughts please. Mature and spirit-filled Christans only. I don't mean diviners, please. Pure Christans.

Thanks.

Actually, this happens to me to and it kinda works. But mine, if I hit my left leg, then, sometimes, something negative or bad occurs, but if it is the right one then something good occurs. This happens to my mom too and it seems like I got it from her.
And mind you, I am spirit filled and committed Christian. It is not really a bad thing. Just that we must never allow our lives to be controlled by it.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 13, 2021
PlatGurGongo:

Actually, this happens to me to and it kinda works. But mine, if I hit my left leg, then, sometimes, something negative or bad occurs, but if it is the right one then something good occurs. This happens to my mom too and it seems like I got it from her.
And mind you, I am spirit filled and committed Christian. It is not really a bad thing. Just that we must never allow our lives to be controlled by it.

Yeah.. it's that control I don't want it to have over my life.

Thanks.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Dec 13, 2021
bigcasava1:
Are you saying that evil forces doesn't exist?

Where did i say that?

I'm just saying if what happened to Job in the Bible happens to most Christians of today, na village people them go dey blame!

Job didn't blame any village people.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by bigcasava1(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

Where did i say that?

I'm just saying if what happened to Job in the Bible happens to most Christians of today, na village people them go dey blame!

Job didn't blame any village people.
okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / "Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.