Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? (23553 Views)

Christian Meaning Of Airplane In Dreams / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Onyeka2019: 8:43am On Dec 12, 2021
I hit my foot on stones one day while walking to airport one day and I still travelled successfully to yankee.. Omo when I wake up nah dream oo

But i believe I’ll travel to my desire country when it’s my time.. lord I need your blessings on me this morning..
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by sparko1(m): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

I was going somewhere to get something and I needed to make a huge payment to acquire that thing. Now, sometimes If I want to get something, I do pray that the holy spirit should give me a sign whether or not to go ahead with it.

So along the line, as we were heading to the sales point, I hit my right foot against a stone. It was so bad that people around chorused their sorry.

At first I didn't give it a thought but later I became worried and didn't go through with the transaction. So I googled and found out hitting ones foot is usually a bad sign that the journey will end up badly if the person doesn't retract from it. That I already did.

Now, my question is, as a Christian ( bornagain) should I be worried about such superstitious belief?

Should I have gone ahead to acquire that thing, waving off the warning signs?

Should a Christian adhere to these signs? Cos I realized by the time I sluggishly went back to get it, it was already sold out.

Your thoughts please. Mature and spirit-filled Christans only. I don't mean diviners, please. Pure Christans.

Thanks.

You are funny, that is very unreliable.

What about dreams, I have this thing, if something bad is about to happen, I will see it, but it doesn't matter that I know or that I try to stop it, it will definitely happen.

This is not superstitious, sometimes some things personal to you, like got feeling, a pain in your arm, sometimes things like dejavu, you just discovered everything happening that day have happened before, like you are living in a loop.

The problem is if the feeling contradict the word of God, or you use it to replace asking God before doing anything. (happens to me sometimes)

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Openyamind111(m): 8:47am On Dec 12, 2021
What you believe is what you are..
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Workch: 8:59am On Dec 12, 2021
You people have come with your deranged superstitious reasoning again.

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Workch: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2021
Barbiturate:
If I hit my left foot, then it means there's danger ahead. If it's the right one, no issues.

And I believe that whatever happens to me,(which I didn't cause to happen, or I caused ignorantly) is an act of God!
You have been so much indoctrinated and it has affected your rationality

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by VersatileDigita: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2021
B
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by kodemann: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2021
Mark 13:22 -

because false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce signs and omens to deceive, if possible, the elect.
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/words/Omens.

Please do not get drawn into omens. We have a God who is not bound by physical signs. Please pray to Him for guidance and try not to leave room for thoughts to get into your head.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by 46arcadez(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

I was going somewhere to get something and I needed to make a huge payment to acquire that thing. Now, sometimes If I want to get something, I do pray that the holy spirit should give me a sign whether or not to go ahead with it.

So along the line, as we were heading to the sales point, I hit my right foot against a stone. It was so bad that people around chorused their sorry.

At first I didn't give it a thought but later I became worried and didn't go through with the transaction. So I googled and found out hitting ones foot is usually a bad sign that the journey will end up badly if the person doesn't retract from it. That I already did.

Now, my question is, as a Christian ( bornagain) should I be worried about such superstitious belief?

Should a Christian adhere to these signs? Cos I realized by the time I sluggishly went back to get it, it was already sold out.

Your thoughts please. Mature and spirit-filled Christans only. I don't mean diviners, please. Pure Christans.

Thanks.
All I know is that things don't just always happen for no reason.

Hitting your left leg toes shows you should not go ahead with the deal.

Hitting your right leg toes shows a welcomed deal
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by fattprince(m): 9:07am On Dec 12, 2021
devilmaycry:
That foot stuff is old sha....
I bliv wat ever one chooses to bliv works for him or her ....

Exactly, belief is one of the things(nature,logic,etc) God created for the world (humans) to run itself. That's why it seems atheist are making it financially than believers because when atheist want to do something they believe it will work out fine because they have prepared, have it in mind to work hard and smart do all necessary stuffs. They might be in denial of that belief but it's there.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by fattprince(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2021
devilmaycry:
That foot stuff is old sha....
I bliv wat ever one chooses to bliv works for him or her ....

Exactly, belief is one of the things(nature,logic,etc) God created for the world (humans) to run itself. That's why it seems atheist are making it financially than believers because when atheist want to do something they believe it will work out fine because they have prepared, have it in mind to work hard and smart do all necessary stuffs. They might be in denial of that belief but it's there. So whatever you believe have a way of intricating itself into your reality.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2021
When refrence psalm 91, thou shalt not dash thy foot against a stone, means u wont fall in evil trap. So you going and dash thy foot on a stone physically can mean you r not being careful when walking on that path u dash ur foot.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by femi4: 9:28am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.
Smh....and you called yourself christian. No wonder they got easily deceived and slept with by randy pastors. Don't be spiritual illiterate
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Kingmena: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2021
It doesn't mean anything .

Do you know, I can send you a material that will help you restructure your business to function without your supervision and maximize profit when you contact me for just a token
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Orlins: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2021
abeg go where you dey go. Ground no level that's all. If you dey stay better estate you no go hit your foot against a stone. Anything wey wan happen go happen.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2021
Actually it’s the opposite The Lord will comfort you lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Meaning no matter what happens to you he will be right beside you. It was this year I learned the meaning of Jesus take the wheel people say it all the time but until your rolling down a hill at normal speed due to a setup by your enemies and your engine cuts out … na that time Jesus Dey show shame the devil

Always stay prayed up… and don’t throw arrow because some people get back to sender
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2021
grin OP they look one beautiful banny forget himself
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by kazyhm(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.

LoL.....you reminded me things I learnt while living with my grandma.....let me explain to you how she lived and her death was the final nail in the coffin why I became an agnostic.

My grandmother had four children (one male and three females)

My grandma observes many signs at all times and it works.

If my grandma is going somewhere important for example....and as she is leaving the house she met a female from approach, she will go back home....because her first child is a male.
If she hit her right toe, whatever she is going out for is going to be positive but may be tough
If it's her left toe, the outing might not be fruitful or it going to be easy but may not worth the stress.
Amongst many other sign I will share some other time.

All her prediction always turned out true.....i witnessed many instances.....but religion have come to deceive people to dominate them and subtly renamed, rebrand and repackage the same act and art the idea of religion demonized for the same group of people to practice....

For instance; seven days prayer by midnight (vigil) Which is synonymous to midnight sacrifice with sacrificial contents containing seven seven provisions.

Definitely, consciousness from majority sides agreed there is something about the midnight but was is devil or is it God ?
But one obvious trick is; almost everyone can achieve the highest concentration in the Dark......you want to assimilate and understand the ideas in your book....read it when there won't be distractions....choose midnight.....

I learnt how to predict what time is through the sun and your shadow in the sun from her. Same thing I was later taught in Astronomy.

1 Like

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by shadrach77: 10:46am On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.
You sound confused. If you had already prayed to God for a sign, why are you still calling the sign a superstition? Unless perhaps you didn't believe God will answer the prayer. It will only be superstition if it happened without you praying for it and you still saw it as a sign
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by sinah25: 11:22am On Dec 12, 2021
God said Watch and Pray. My people....Watch and Walk. so you wont fall in abyss.
Your mindset is needs to be reset and it has nothing to do as a Christian ok.
But another person passes through the same road and i bet you, the person noticed the stone.

Sometimes, worry do cause some funny stuff like that making you to lose the sight of your sincerity and the loosing your subconsciousness.
You were so worried about the possible outcome and and your heart was beating too fast by making you lose your sense of surroundings.
Be calm and cool then you will noticed every object around you.
Whether you hit or you no hit, what will happen will happen. peace.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:32am On Dec 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
I am not born again.

I don't believe in superstitions and omens!

What happened to you was as a result of your carelessness.

Even if i saw cobwebs early in the morning my belief is that one or more spiders decided to spin their web there looking for wetin to chop!

Your believe,your Faith..
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2021
To me,Am not a Christian,but if you notice, whenever you pray for God guidance, something usually happened either good/bad..Notice the sign and observed the sign,if it's consistent, therefore you can conclude is right..For me now,My ear usually gave me a sign when discussing my matter in good/bad..Have observed and is real.. The same things happened to me in my mind..It tells me when danger is around and when good things is coming..Have observed..very real..And finally I always dream after prayer..They serve as my guidance..They have been so helpful..I thanks Almighty God..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 12, 2021
46arcadez:

All I know is that things don't just always happen for no reason.

Hitting your left leg toes shows you should not go ahead with the deal.

Hitting your right leg toes shows a welcomed deal

It was my right foot I hit. undecided
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
kazyhm:

LoL.....you reminded me things I learnt while living with my grandma.....let me explain to you how she lived and her death was the final nail in the coffin why I became an agnostic.

My grandmother had four children (one male and three females)

My grandma observes many signs at all times and it works.

If my grandma is going somewhere important for example....and as she is leaving the house she met a female from approach, she will go back home....because her first child is a male.
If she hit her right toe, whatever she is going out for is going to be positive but may be tough
If it's her left toe, the outing might not be fruitful or it going to be easy but may not worth the stress.
Amongst many other sign I will share some other time.

All her prediction always turned out true.....i witnessed many instances.....but religion have come to deceive people to dominate them and subtly renamed, rebrand and repackage the same act and art the idea of religion demonized for the same group of people to practice....

For instance; seven days prayer by midnight (vigil) Which is synonymous to midnight sacrifice with sacrificial contents containing seven seven provisions.

Definitely, consciousness from majority sides agreed there is something about the midnight but was is devil or is it God ?
But one obvious trick is; almost everyone can achieve the highest concentration in the Dark......you want to assimilate and understand the ideas in your book....read it when there won't be distractions....choose midnight.....

I learnt how to predict what time is through the sun and your shadow in the sun from her. Same thing I was later taught in Astronomy.

Wow.. interesting. @ your grandmas story.

The thing is I don't usually believe in these things but the money I was about to part with was huge. So I had follow my instincts.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.
Why won't you hit your leg on a stone, when you are admiring a handsome man?

You are lucky that you didn't enter a gutter. grin
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
i926:

Why won't you hit your leg on a stone, when you are admiring a handsome man?

You are lucky that you didn't enter a gutter. grin

Which handsome man? undecided. Me wen eyes dey chook for money I want to spend.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Bellerophon: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi brethren.

Thanks.

Superstitions are redundant and that is salient, yet in an absolute consumption of western education and its theosophy we denigrate significant components of our very own religious cosmology! There is a nexus between the spiritual and the physical much so that the physical reality is not a distinct reality in itself rather an imitation of realities concluded in the spiritual dimension!

Stumbling on a stone in your pedestrian transit to the venue of a meeting to some is a random event in space and time and they are not wrong, but neglecting the possibility of the divine having physical events to conspire to interfere with you in such a way that is noticeable as an augury and omen is also anomalous as well! You need to synchronize the tripartite distinctions of your being to amplify your understanding of seemingly innocuous and random events! I am an advocate of science, but there are something’s beyond the comprehension of natural and physical laws
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Iamolukorede(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
It's a gift of consciousness and I envy such gifts, besides do you have peace of mind towards the project before embarking on them. The first thing the holy spirit give is peace and serenity, rem when Jesus was sleeping within the ragging storm. (He has peace within).

My Bible did not tell about hitting your foot against a stone, it doesn't tally with the word of God and so I have limited submissions on that. Your intuition, communication and consciousness are primary for your connecting pipe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Victor0885: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Dashing your right foot against the stone was a sign of good omen. If you had gone there immediately, you would have gotten what you wanted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Iamolukorede:
It's a gift of consciousness and I envy such gifts, besides do you have peace of mind towards the project before embarking on them. The first thing the holy spirit give is peace and serenity, rem when Jesus was sleeping within the ragging storm. (He has peace within).

My Bible did not tell about hitting your foot against a stone, it doesn't tally with the word of God and so I have limited submissions on that. Your intuition, communication and consciousness are primary for your connecting pipe.

Ok. Though I didn't have peace of mind.
Thanks.

Victor0885:
Dashing your right foot against the stone was a sign of good omen. If you had gone there immediately, you would have gotten what you wanted.

You see now.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by pearlyboo(f): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
I believe nature has a way of warning us in advance should there be impending danger. I once had an experience some years bk,for the first time in my life,my eyes started twitching seriously, uncontrollably. I couldn't control it. Thank God mom went wt us. She was our saving grace. From the occurrence dat day, I just deduced dat the eye twitch was a sign not to go there. Since then I dont ignore signs.
Re: HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? by greygoblings(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
It means you didn't look at the floor well while walking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / "Why Nigerians Have Not Revolted Against Buhari" - Rev Eragbai, General Overseer / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.