Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' (1343 Views)

SEE BOOTY! Meet Miss Bum Bum Brazil Contestants For 2015 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
Yeah we have all heard/met or read about them somewhere. She's built a business empire and her name is her corporate brand.
Her biz cards read Ms.Brand and without the brandname her business fails. Her corporate brandname has even given birth to Product brands.
In other words shes got 'Brandname line of clothes,Brandname line of detergents,Brandname line of shoes etc etc.
Now Ms.Brand name just met Mr.Dragon fly and they are getting married.
Mr Dragon fly says she must drop her name and take on his name if they marry,since Hes the husband.
Mrs.Brand says No way. Her name is her business.,
Tell me people should Mrs.Brand become Mrs.Dragonfly and see her business empire that shes taken years to build crumble or should Mr.Dragonfly stick to his ego as MAN of the house
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Dyt(f): 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
D change of name wldnt affect any biz ll it?
She def ll bcom a MRS n d maiden name still goes wit er biz
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ dyt
Yes she could be 'Mrs.Brandname'
BUT Mr.Dragonfly has no time for that 'nonsense'
He wants her called 'Mrs.Dragonfly'!!
You ask if change of name will affect biz? Imagine Oprah for instance or Martha stewart or for a guy Trump /Branson of virgin air.
Branding in business is evrything.especially a corporate brand like the 2 above.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Dyt(f): 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
Yh she cld b Mrs wateva
it still doesnt v any effect on d growth of d biz
ppl knew er b Miss brandname yh
bt she s got 2 b married smday
Miss brandname wld always remain
or u mean Mrdragonfly wants er change d biz name?
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Jamesdman(m): 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
@upendo, i've bn followin all ur threads, n like i said in 1 of dem, dey feel me wif awe, infact, i dey feel dem die!! (hope u knw wat dat means. LoL) @topic, in my humble opinion, d solution is simply, she shld bear d both names. I've seen women who, 4 sum reason, bear 2 to 3 names, includin their family name b4 marriage. So, she cn bear Mrs. Brandname, Dragonfly.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2011
Cn you imagine the confusion in the business circle why do you think Brands take years to build and sell?The you let it all go at once?
If her biz cards read Ms.Brandname then she switches to Mrs Dragonfly!.Do you know tht in business people buy a product mostly due to the corporate brandname?? who will be interested in 'Dragonfly line of shoes or detergents anymore?? It loses 'value 'in a way.
Mmmh now I think she has to choose either marry the dragon and threw her biz or go on with her biz without mr.dragon
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 10:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
grin grin grin
brownjay lol. pliz dont die yet, we need your contributions!!!
I just have this sort of 'crazy mind' and I am always figuring out something but they come out of real life encounters anyway.
now back to thread.
An ugly name could kill the brand!!! cant mix the dragon together with the 'Ms'. it dilutes and makes it lose value lol!!
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by 190: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
Whats all these ish bout dragonfly - sir-fly, rabbit and carrot and brand new name

whats it all bout angry angry
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ 190
Read the thread and please I need you contribution.
Okay just assume She's Ms Brandname and 190 wants her to become MRS 190 after marriage, Which will eventually bring the biz down.
Would you force your wife to take on your name is she was a brand herself and you are not
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
Op can you re-rap the music?
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Jamesdman(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2011
@upendo, brownjay? Dat aint me oh! N wen i said 'i dey feel u die' (a Naija pidgin slang) i don't mean i want 2 die, it means (oops, difficult 2 translate 2 standard English) i lyk ur threads. N seriously, 1 of diz dayz u'll be voted 1 of romance section's most meaningful posters. @topic, lyk Dyt was tryin 2 say d marriage n change of name shldn't affect d brand. E.g if Ophrah Winfrey gets married 2 James (sumtin i seriously wish wud happen. *winks*) she wil bcum Mrs James, bt d show can n wil stil be, THE OPHRAH WINFREY SHOW. Isn't dat true?
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ reality 101!
the music is on already. get on the dancefloor and dance.
lets see 'if you think you can dance'
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by 190: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
upendo 98:

@ 190
Read the thread and please I need you contribution.
Okay just assume She's Ms Brandname and 190 wants her to become MRS 190 after marriage, Which will eventually bring the biz down.
Would you force your wife to take on your name is she was a brand herself and you are not

angry angry
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
LOOL Hell yeah I can dance but I dance only to the good and well known musics.

By the way I love this on your profile ~His eye is on the sparrow ~  one of my fav. .  Adios
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
oops sorry theres Brown jay and james dman oops sorry. total confusion.

Now james ,If Apple the corporate brand was say my name as in am Ms.Apple, then we all know the apple products the Ipods and the other 'yaketi shmaketis'
A local person will go buy an 'apple phone for instance' not necessarily cz it functions well,but cz its APPLE THE BRAND.
In the corporate world brands really matter to investors especially and competitors. Rember uv built an empire using it.
Then they hear you are all of a sudden Apple Dragon!!!  shocked Dont u think smhow your brand will lose that 'thing u know 'tht makes it what it is?
And then connceting you as a person to your Brand will be another story altogether.You will just confuse the masses
Now dont even talk about costs resulting from the confusion!
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2011
Now what again 190?
I am just trying to explain it in the language 'you understand best you know'
Now if you dont get that I really cnt help you.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by deniyor: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
OP either does not make sense or is ignorant. As long as she doesn't change the name of the business, everything is cool.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by Jamesdman(m): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Upendo, u're stil nt gettin our (me n @Dyt) perspective rite. Usin ur example, letz say mis. Apple marries mr. Dragon n afta d marriage she becums mrs. Dragon or mrs. Apple Dragon fine. D couples 4 d sake of d brand, can n shld leave their change of name 4 their personal affairs. It shldn't affect d brand. Nw, lets say d brand produces a new product, say iphone-30, it shld stil be APPLE IPHONE-30 (nt mindin d change of name as a result of d marriage). In diz way d patronage wil be maximized.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ Deniyor,
Thts why I need our input.I dont know it all you know and I learn too.
As long as she doesnt change the name of the business she's cool.
Are u like 100% sure it wont affect the products at the base? its all am asking.

Okay lets narrow tht to africa now.cz in the US all is possible. Wl a real african man be comforatable wth wife nt taking on hs name in public?
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2011
See people I dont wnat herto change her business name.Hence the title of the thread.
I just wnat you to tell me 'suppose the husband to be is those unreasonable type /hardheaded type .All he cares about is his name you know.
So he doenst wnat to here anymore ms.apple or ms.brand.He insists that the wife must submit,take on the husbands name and change everything including business name ( this is like law in africa of course
So instead of Ms.Apple iphone -30,you have Ms Dragon iphone - 30!
wld u rather change or quit the relationship?
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by HighChief4(m): 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
She can be Mrs. Dragonfly and her coperate name remains Brandname. Shikena
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 12:05am On Jun 14, 2011
Yes High chief of course she can.
But can she reconcile that Dragon name with her product?
Can smbody tell me if they belive 'reconnecting/reconciling'the 2 names will be easy.
I dont knw really I just think it wil not.
Imagine Martha Stewart the business then you hear Mrs.Dragonfly the owner of Martha Stewart Brand!! We r soo used to martha that Dragon is gonna take forever to digest!!
Besides I may not feel like buying her stuff anymore cz I feel she less martha than she was b4.I loved the Brand Martha
Gosh is anybody getting me?? I think its product psychology now.If theres such a thing
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by iice(f): 2:03am On Jun 14, 2011
No change of name. Find someone who agrees with that and marry him.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by MsPotato(f): 2:25am On Jun 14, 2011
This post resembles alot like Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. Exactly the same thing and thats what caused Whitney to loose everything from her voice, her brand name. everything!

It all boils down to what the person's preferences are. For me, I care about my husband and my family comes first over my career so if I have a brand name, I use it to the advantage that it would make my husband be more successfull than I am. Im just that kinda person. I let the man be a man and be the head. But he must also remember that although he is the head, his woman is the neck and in some ways, the neck controls the head in a good way.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2011
@ iice.

Can that man be found in Africa? Ego and strong cultural beliefs among our dear men are bringing the single succesful woman's carreer to a halt.
Still hard for them to embrace Ms Brandname unless she carries the other tagname 'Dragonfly'.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by kpolli(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2011
did the name make the business or the owner did
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2011
@kpolli good questn
Be4 the business was,the owner existed. from baby to grown up. This baby grew up, worked hard and created her business using her 'mind'
B4 the biz grew,people only knew her product as Martha's products. I can imagine somebody going to the mall and asking for 'the martha detergent or the martha bread etc etc.
Within time she discovered her name made the products sell so she decided after much deliberation to make her name her brand,something that resulted in increased sales and put her on the international platform.This made many investors want to invest in her cz of her name.

So to answer your question? she created the business using her brains,but build it using her name
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by solomto(f): 10:41am On Jun 14, 2011
It wl definitely affects her business negatively,so i suggest she leaves her brand name bt ths is what both of them needs to agreed on b4 marriage.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by iice(f): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2011
upendo 98:

@ iice.

Can that man be found in Africa? Ego and strong cultural beliefs among our dear men are bringing the single succesful woman's carreer to a halt.
Still hard for them to embrace Ms Brandname unless she carries the other tagname 'Dragonfly'.

lol. Sounds daunting but i'm always of the mind that there is one or two persons who are different. To meet those two different people, now that's the problem. I do understand what you're talking about though. I read some book a while ago. . .the man had a successful magazine for single guys. The brand is based on 'his singlehood'. To marry would defeat the purpose of the brand.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2011
'The brand is based on 'his singlehood'. To marry would defeat the purpose of the brand.'

WOW!! Now Now Now that is somethin!! Dude lol.So now he cant marry! grin grin grin.
That best describes the title of my thread.It should now read;

MEET MR/MRS BRANDNAME

I really have to contemplate on that u said.Very complex indeed.
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by MMM2(m): 11:27am On Jun 14, 2011
op
does dat surname opens windows not 2 talk of doors. angry
Re: Meet 'Miss BRANDNAME' by upendo98(f): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2011
^^^ Well am I not the one asking that question here??

Does it ? I think it can do 2 things either SHUT EM DOORS AND WINDOWS permanently or BRING THE WHOLE HOUSE DOWN  grin
Point of ref:  smbody mentioned whitney houston.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! / What's The Most Difficult Word/words To Say In A Relationship? / Tips To Show He Is No Longer Into You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.