Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51890 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Sirchiboy: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
Sorry sir,
How old are you?
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blackgold2018(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Oyerinde16:
You have a case, he cannot eject you if he his owing you. But if its DEC salary that is half and ended on the 12th or 13th, it can be tricky cos he will claim DEC has not ended and so the monthly circle is still running. All you can do now is report to the police, he has absolutely no right to inflict bodily injury on you. He took the laws into his hands. You get very tricky case, e fit favor u e fit no favor u.

Anyway, I get aeroplane to sell 3.5m but e get landing and taking off problem...
he can’t eject him if he’s owing op.
Lol�.. nairaland children

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Mydazz(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Bros you high?
You resign for my job by yourself,......
I give you sometime to vacate my apartment, which is a perk that comes with the job you resigned from by yourself......
I extended the deadline of the notice again out-of pity and consideration for humanity,........
And you have the guts to still be talking about me throwing your stuffs out, and getting injured in the process,.......
Next Time UsE your SENSE well,......
You only resign with a PLAN
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by SimplePlan34: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Wow don’t know what to say
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MarketDispatch: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If stronger proof.

Someone gave you Job and gave you apartment. You left the job but want to keep the apartment...how possible is that?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MaverickA3: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2021
That was a mistake on his part but this your comment says much about who you are. So the man should have killed him because he is still living in their apartment?
SocialJustice:
Some humans go dey behave like goat. You don't have new accommodation yet but you're rushing to resign. Rubbish, you get luck say the man miss your head, you for die for nothing.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by abimbola74(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2021
Nostring:
Lol.. ogbeni nawa for u o.... Wetin u expect? Den go leave u fr dia till u see apartment even if na till next year December cheesy ,
u never sort apartment,u dey re-sign smh...
And e pain u u no record him ? lol, u wey no get money wan do case , laughablegrin...

I wish I fit collect d rod from your boss and smack that ur coconut head right now undecided
I tire for the guy oo... u resign and uno wan commot for their house . Na ur family own am? D man tried for giving u grace till 24th buh u still Dey talk rubbish dat u haven’t gotten an apartment, abeg shey no b rubbish talk b dat?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Bigchristo: 10:21am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

Go to the police station and report this don’t wait until he break your head before doing the needful, the timing is too short they should Give you at least 3 weeks eviction notice before acting so dramatic
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Memberclub(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2021
Omo you never pack since that time? shocked
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Uteteng448(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2021
Mr sorry about your injury but you cause it for your self at first your resign and they give you some days to stay what else do u want because you should be gotten a place first to stay before resigning OK
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Uteteng448(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2021
Mr sorry about your injury but you cause it for your self at first your resign and they give you some days to stay what else do u want because you should have gotten a place first to stay before resigning OK
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2021
blackgold2018:
he can’t eject him if he’s owing op.
Lol�.. nairaland children

You are expected to give a month notice or he will lose a month salary in lieu of notice
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2021
Bigchristo:
Go to the police station and report this don’t wait until he break your head before doing the needful, the timing is too short they should Give you at least 3 weeks eviction notice before acting so dramatic

Becsuse he gave a month notice before he resigned
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2021
This is quite immature and wrong of a school proprietor and elder... What sort of poor example is he setting like this?!!

But you sef... You suppose don arrange this accommodation matter before even throwing in the damn towel! When they gave you the notice to quit, why didn't you properly appeal for and negotiate a better date to move out?!!

You want to keep enjoying their accommodation while not offering them your tutoring services... Only few people will be that lenient and accommodating (pun intended)!

Better quickly find a temporary place to squat/live till you get back on your feet financially before Dem poison or even assassinate you for nothing!!!
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Tadeus(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2021
@opp, your head need that iron rod. The elderly man should pay for your me accommodation? He gave you time to look for new place, still you can't move out before the time. Some people will evict you same day you stopped work. That's the way it was meant to be. Head dey pain this opp. Report him and you will spend some days in police cell. Radarada
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by SmileDance(f): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2021
I'm not even sure OP has a case here, he's no longer a staff, he resigned so he has no rights to stay there. He might be seen as an intruder and I'm not sure if it's against the law to attack an intruder in my own house.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Zacksnow(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2021
My brother i fault the man for taking harsh decision bt put urself in his position in his position being a full employing of him u shudnt have engage in any other job u can equally gv d bike to some one d bike 2 being payin either daily cux it may hinder ur constraction to the institute my brother wat else are u asking for u are even askin 4 ur december pay instead of u pleading 4 time bro cux it cux piss hm by doing dat

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Herbephe1(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2021
.. if fools give account of the incident it's not the fools that'd judge.
Read what you type and judge yourself. You've taken a very dump decision so You've to face the consequences.
Another stupid decision to make is reposting to the police..

NB I don't really know the essences of bringing it to this platform, You're advised in your first thread yet you went ahead with your dump decision. When you know that you're wise enough why bringing it be here?
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Joeyfizzo: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2021
They were even nice to u ...u chose to resign without any plan ...leave thier accomodation.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Angelfrost(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2021
Tadeus:
@opp, your head need that iron rod. The elderly man should pay for your me accommodation? He gave you time to look for new place, still you can't move out before the time. Some people will evict you same day you stopped work. That's the way it was meant to be. Head dey pain this opp. Report him and you will spend some days in police cell. Radarada

I tire for the guy o.... Which kind strong head be dis one ba yi?!!

The guy even come dey claim right on top!! Na wa o!!! grin
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by manchester1: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2021
You choose to resign without making proper arrangement for your self. You have to leave the house for someone else to stay that is willing to work for the man.

The man went a step too far and I'm not in support of his action in anywhere.

Find someone to squad with while you are in search of a new house.

You said something about salary, if you actually work for this month then he has to pay you.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MaverickA3: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2021
OP, next time , make necessary plans before you take action. You should have gotten an apartment for yourself or a place to squat before resigning. But your mistake doesn't warrant such barbaric attitude from the Proprietor/Principal. I'll advise you to report to the station or get someone to help me beg for more time to get an apartment for you.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Mosesbutez(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

Oh God! Guy, you are very ungrateful. The old man was frustrated by you and acted wrongly.
How old are you self? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Sunday2021: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2021
The condition for using that apartment is working with them, now that you don't want to work with them why are you using their property? Instead of you to wait until you secure a place before informing them of your decision, you foolishly mess up. Put yourself in their shoes, would you have allowed someone that is not working for you to stay in an apartment meant for your workers.
BTW, the man have no right hit you, but you would have respected yourself and move out.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blackgold2018(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You are expected to give a month notice or he will lose a month salary in lieu of notice
That’s not a rented apartment with agreement papers. It’s a free accommodation. Do you get that now?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by don4real18(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2021
I will not mince words with you. You are not entitled to your December salary because you resigned. If they sacked you, then they will be owing you. You also have no right to stay in that apartment. You should have considered the accommodation situation before tendering your resignation. You are even lucky you were given until Christmas eve. Don't push your luck. Leave the apartment ASAP. The oldie was wrong to have attacked you though.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by PennywysCares(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

you should have used ur common sense, you chose to resign from your work knowing that the same job that offered you accommodation. Before you submit your resignation letter you should have make sure you have a place to put ur head. Telling the boss to pay you December salary before you move out of his apartment is another foolish thing you shouldn't have done
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by BlackPantherxXx: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2021
MP3GAGAdotCOM:
Oga forget police matter, is like you love quarrel pass fight.
Jeje leave their apartment, unless you want to repay good with evil.
If to say u get sense, as you are resigning from their school, you should be resigning too from their apartment, get sense small nah. embarassed

Yes OP wants to repay good with evil...

God often makes such people make mistakes upon mistakes.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by gassbee: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2021
Op na stubborn man,
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2021
Wrong planning, wrong calculation. Next time plan ahead & calculate well
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Emperor5(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2021
It seems op is troublesome person, you are not working for the school anymore. Why the illegal accupant of their property?
If u are the one u can't tolerate such, find ur way out of there apartment before they will bring criminal allegations against you.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by PrinceInTheNort: 10:42am On Dec 26, 2021
Op you are lucky sef, Is it your Fada house tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Men Chase Me At The Wheels – Female Danfo Driver (pic) / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.