Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Is Marriage Compulsory? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Compulsory? (10128 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage Compulsory? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by gina34(f): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2005
oh rolleyes
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Motee(f): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2005
Since we are not Nun or a Monk unless you are thinking about it, I think Marriage is compulsory.

Without marriage, there can't be sex!!! (The Holy Bible illustration if you believe in it).

If you don't ever want to get married, that means don't think of having sex as it is ONLY allowed during marriage.(The Holy Bible illustration if you believe in it).
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by gina34(f): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2005
THumbs up for Motee wink
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Motee(f): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2005
Thanks dear. Am behind you 'cause you are always the first. kiss
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by jenny247(f): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2005

marriage, marriage, marriage..
marriage is actually the coming together of a man and woman to become one.
now to become one is to be joined together.
which i believe is sex(everyone is entitled to their own opinion)
so when you have sex with a person you are joint with the person(your souls)
so you are married. believe it or not.
thats why sex was created for a man and his woman after they have been joined...
so if you can stay without sex, then don't get married but its better to be married than to be burning with desires...........
so soothe yourself...
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by loveth(f): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2005
marriage is never compulsory. it is a choice.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by gina34(f): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2005
Oh yeah
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Owen(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2005
Nope...just for our own good!! cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Oracle(m): 2:39am On Oct 18, 2005
well itz not compulsory to get married
but itz neccessary
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2005
Not COMPULSORY,depends on the individual.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by gina34(f): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2005
Marriage is not compulsory it all depends on what you want,especiall on whta God wants.
Is not as if God said u must marry,No far from it but he said that u should get married if u know u cannot overcome the desire to have sex.

So is better you marry than for you to be sinning getting your desire outside(Fornication)
Once you are married you have the certificate to do whateva it is u want with ur man.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:20am On Nov 22, 2005
Right,Gina
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by loveth(f): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2005
ok
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by whiteshark(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2005
To me... No

To my folk... yes..

Views differ my friends.. I for one do not see it as compulsory but a necessity. It is necessary for us to marry and corpulate and multiply but it not not compulsory cos everything we do in marraige, we can also do if not married.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by loveth(f): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2005
whiteshark you are serious.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by star(f): 11:01am On Jan 04, 2006
nope--- just no
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Memunah(f): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2006
Its not Compulsory getting married,its a choice.But in this society of ours people see you as been mad or out of your senses if you say you dont want to get married.For me i will love to get married.not just married i want to be HAPPILY MARRIED.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by tEsLim(m): 4:38am On Dec 24, 2006
I may not get married but I'm gonna get those kids I want.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by chimaze(m): 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2007
nope it is not.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Islander(f): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2007
Well from the way ladies and men as well behave on this forum regarding marriage, one would have thought that it is by force you must get married. I made the conscious decision not to get married, not out of selfish or a previous mishap as many attributed, but due to my own personal choice.

I honestly believe that I have a purpose to fulfil on earth, and making a lifelong committment would only deter and hamper such causes. I do plan on "having" a kid or two later on though, but marriage is one such thing that is not under my radar,

To those happily and those 'wishing to be" happy couples. Kudus!!!
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Itse(f): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2007
Is marriage compulsory?

NO,
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Dekie(f): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2007
Why are we so quick to blame society for hastening us into wedlock?why cant we just accept the fact that marriiage is a need, a craving we have.Why are we too shy to admit that we want to procreate despite what society says? is it not only wise that since women who have babies before age 30 are at lower risks of complications we want to belong in that bracket for OUR health sake?.(not society)Cant we just admit that we want to be married because we have so much love in us just wasting and there is room to share that love with that special someone? True there are pressures sometimes but really who wants to be alone. I am yet to find one.

My opinion pls
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by almondjoy(f): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2007
Apparently with the increasing rates of divorce world wide--you know that it is not compulsory.  Quick answer--No! Used to be called "a sacred institution. But now called a "hit or miss" or "trial by error"!
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by chessguru(m): 3:08am On Sep 29, 2008
not at all
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by untainted: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2008
Dekie:

Why are we so quick to blame society for hastening us into wedlock?why can't we just accept the fact that marriiage is a need, a craving we have.Why are we too shy to admit that we want to procreate despite what society says? is it not only wise that since women who have babies before age 30 are at lower risks of complications we want to belong in that bracket for OUR health sake?.(not society)can't we just admit that we want to be married because we have so much love in us just wasting and there is room to share that love with that special someone? True there are pressures sometimes but really who wants to be alone. I am yet to find one.

My opinion please
Seconded-Can’t make noses at marriage while deep down i envy what my married neighbours got going for them. But of course, with the right person@the right moment.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by sosodat: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2008
untainted:

Seconded-Can’t make noses at marriage while deep down i envy what my married neighbours got going for them. But of course, with the right person@the right moment.

This is more peculiar to the females who look forward to getting married.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by OBVIOUS(m): 4:59am On Oct 06, 2008
Marriage is not compulsory but it is important esp. if u're a woman in the Nigerian culture.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2008
no marriage is not compulsory but it
is better to married
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by ifyalways(f): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2008
Marriage is not compulsory but its an Option we are all advised to pick tongue
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by ula(f): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2008
no
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by abujabooks(f): 12:01am On Nov 05, 2008
Not compulsory.
Re: Is Marriage Compulsory? by itumama: 1:22pm On May 22, 2009
Marriage is not mandatory but it depends on how you want to live your life may be as a father,mother,spinster or bachelor cos it a matter of choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? / Smart Ways To Snatch Someone Husband!!!!!!!!!!!! / Wrong decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.