Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (16028 Views)

Inter-tribal Dating Good Or Bad?? / Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / Wow,such A Cute Yoruba And Igbo Inter-tribal Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
lagcity:

are you minding the not-so-smart person? phreakabit thinks a zygote can be a spokesperson smiley grin grin

Ever heard of the word METAPHORICAL STATEMENT? Shit I hate having to teach you everything! I feel sorry for you. . . .
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
lagcity:

are you minding the not-so-smart person? phreakabit thinks a zygote can be a spokesperson smiley grin grin

I blackout when I saw Zygote, the rest were a blur.   embarassed

Zygote could be a person's name and I think it would be cute for a girl.  Hmm.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

t!

It has got to do with the fact we are much more beautiful than Yoruba girls. It has got to do with the fact that we are generally fairer in complexion. It has got to do with alot of steroe typical views Yoruba have about the Igbo's. It has got to do with wanting another man's wife. It has got to do with your competition with the Igbo's. It has got to do with your deep cited resentment for Igbo men. It has got to do with your level of un-intelligence. It has got to do with not appreciating yoruba women enough. xx wink

C'mon! There's no course to take this personal and resort to tag-calling. I won't take ur comments seriously!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2011
seyibrown:

grin  grin You obviously missed the thread where one Igbo boy was saying Igbos are the OYINBOS of Africa!  grin  grin They are first class, aren't they?? Empty barrels and noise  . . . . !   grin It amazes me that a 'fair' complexion is the measure of beauty! I have seen Igbo girls darker than dark, and yoruba girls so fair! Being dirty or neat has nothing to do with tribe or ethnicity, it is a personal thing!

That said, there are more IGBO-YORUBA inter-marriages this days because of our education and it is a fantastic development! My Yoruba bunkie at Uni married an Igbo guy; my Aunt married a Calabar man; my sister has only ever dated Delta guys; my Anambra uni friend married a yoruba guy . . . it's all happening around us and it is a very welcome development! The days of  'you must marry someone from your village or Amadioha/Sango will strike you'  grin are fast coming to an end!

so r u saying that if we are educated, we become more developed by marrying sumwun from another tribe  yet isnt it our moral duty ALSO to protect our culture? my firend, education has absolutely nuthing to do with cohabitation. its time we stop being so selfish and think for d greater good.  angry angry

i can be educated, i can be smart, YET i can also be a tribal nwhen i am not wearing my suit, i have d moral right and duty to don sum face paint and leaves and do a masquerade, if it is a part of my age-old traditions and culture. one must enjoy life, but one most also not forget his/her duties to the community.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
u just said dat a tribe r a group of monkeys. and the Maguzawa Hausa ARE a tribe, and its not just us, there r so many tribals living around the world and i am speaking for everyone. u can google us on wikipedia and it specifically says that we are a tribe. In fact, we r the last surviving Pagan Hausa tribe in the world.  or r u jus sayin that u wer insulting a non-existent being called a tribe.  cuz dat doesnt make ne sense. -.-

RFLMAO!!! Come on man! OK, you know what, since the word tribe is of multiple meanings and usage. I guess you can choose to use whichever suits you.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2011
No i have been referring to myself and my people as a tribe, since the time i learnt who i was, so i wont change it to some other meaning jus cuz sum inter-tribal breeding machine insults my concept. im actually surprised dat u didnt even have d courtesy to apologise for ur crude and uncivilised comment.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2011
No i have been referring to myself and my people as a tribe, since the time i learnt who i was, so i wont change it to some other meaning jus cuz sum inter-tribal breeding machine insults my concept. im actually surprised dat u didnt even have d courtesy to apologise for your crude and uncivilised comment.

Although I did not make up that claim. I read about it like every other person would. I will go ahead and apologize for offending anyone with different views of the word tribe.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

SMH @ this clown cunningly ripping intelligence of me. Do you know the implications of being called "typical" ? LOL! DAMN!!! Your dad should have invested in better educational standards bro.

you didn't call me a typical anything. you put the word in quote. grin it is just like saying that you are "stupid." that would be wrong, you are actually stupid. no quotes!

you don't need to be verbose, we sharp minds resent that trait usually found among idiots.

simple and nice english: your dad should have invested in better education.
phreakabitish and boring english: your dad should have invested in better educational standards.

phreakabit is booooooooring! his spoken English can put people to sleep. your dad made a wise decision by not investing in your education; it would have been a waste anyway. wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Although I did not make up that claim. I read about it like every other person would. I will go ahead and apologize for offending anyone with different views of the word tribe.

thank you. smiley
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
lagcity:

you didn't call me a typical anything. you put the word in quote. grin it is just like saying that you are "silly." that would be wrong, you are actually silly. no quotes!

you don't need to be verbose, we sharp minds resent that trait usually found among idiots.

simple and nice english: your dad should have invested in better education.
phreakabitish and boring english: your dad should have invested in better educational standards.

phreakabit is booooooooring! his spoken English can put people to sleep. your dad made a wise decision by not investing in your education; it would have been a waste anyway. wink

SILENCE! THE BEST ANSWER TO A  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  . Fill up the missing space. BTW since school is still in session, let me remind you that first alphabet in the word English should always be in capital. More evidence of the quality of education you received.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Ever heard of the word METAPHORICAL STATEMENT? poo I hate having to teach you everything! I feel sorry for you. . . .  

simple and classy: ever heard of metaphors?

phreakabitish and bushy: ever heard of the word metaphorical statement?

phreakabit is a bushman. grin phreakabit is a bushman grin phreakabit is a bushman grin phreakabit is a bushman phreakabit is a bushman phreakabit is a bushman

my guy, speak correct Igbo or pidgin. Igbo is far more classy language than your phreakabitish English. No be by force.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

Ever heard of the word METAPHORICAL STATEMENT? poo I hate having to teach you everything! I feel sorry for you. . . .  

phreakabit is a bushman. grin phreakabit is a bushman grin phreakabit is a bushman grin phreakabit is a bushman phreakabit is a bushman phreakabit is a bushman

my guy, speak correct Igbo or pidgin. Igbo is far more classy language than your phreakabitish English. No be by force.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

SILENCE! THE BEST ANSWER TO A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . Fill up the missing space. BTW since school is still in session, let me remind you that first alphabet in the word English should always be in capital. More evidence of the quality of education you received.

you mean the first letter, not alphabet. thanks, i get it. next time, speak Igbo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by seyibrown(f): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

so r u saying that if we are educated, we become more developed by marrying sumwun from another tribe  yet isnt it our moral duty ALSO to protect our culture? my firend, education has absolutely nuthing to do with cohabitation. its time we stop being so selfish and think for d greater good.  angry angry

i can be educated, i can be smart, YET i can also be a tribal nwhen i am not wearing my suit, i have d moral right and duty to don sum face paint and leaves and do a masquerade, if it is a part of my age-old traditions and culture. one must enjoy life, but one most also not forget his/her duties to the community.

Education usually results in enlightenment . . . but obviously not in every case! Two parties decide to put ethnic barriers behind them and get married, and live happily together; I see no problem with that! If education does not improve us, what will! Marriage does not stop you from performing your 'age old traditions and customs'! Education - if enlightenment had come by it - lets you get rid of 'age old traditions and customs' that add no value to your life or that of the society! Try placing traditional scarifices at t- junctions in the middle of London, and you'll enjoy explaining to the police how it is your tradition and culture!  grin  grin Letting go of ridiculous/needless traditions does not mean you forget your duties to the society! There are people marry and consumate marriages with children as part of their culture/tradition. Education enlightens us and helps us refine our way of life - if we let it!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by phreakabit(m): 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2011
gives you away as being a "typical" educationally half baked , zygote brained , ego bruised,

@lagcity  More knowledge here for you. Next time I will have to charge you for this lessons. notice the comma only came after half baked? Good, now go and jot that down. Honestly you should be honored to cross paths with me. I think I have imparted more wisdom in you, than anyone has ever been able to. Ever being the keyword here. However, I feel like I loose a certain amount of intelligence whenever I reply your childish rants, so I will stop. You are obviously 13 or just outgrew your brain.

lagcity:

RFLMAO! Obviously I win here! Another day, another e-nitwit slaughtered on NL. Adds to my collection of wins.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by lagcity(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit, your name should be bad luck. you've made me burn my rice. Shango will punish you for this. grin cheesy
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by blank(f): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
My sister is getting married to a Yoruba guy. At first, I was very apprehensive. However, all the plans have been smooth and going great. I have a better appreciation for their culture. Its for the best in the long run.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by oladapoa1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2011
phreakabit:

@lagcity  More knowledge here for you. Next time I will have to charge you for this lessons. notice the comma only came after half baked? Good, now go and jot that down. Honestly you should be honored to cross paths with me. I think I have imparted more wisdom in you, than anyone has ever been able to. Ever being the keyword here. However, I feel like I loose a certain amount of intelligence whenever I reply your childish rants, so I will stop. You are obviously 13 or just outgrew your brain.

RFLMAO! Obviously I win here! Another day, another e-nitwit slaughtered on NL. Adds to my collection of wins.
@phreakabit honestly speaking you must be a Zimbabwan Fowl having an average cerebellum hemisphere that interfares with the thinking conference. If u knw say na true ibo boy be una go ur village.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ronkebp(f): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2011
I seriously wonder where these guys come from, that keep dating dirty Yoruba gals, na from village una see them? I can't just fathom it, I can never, ever, ever, date an Igbo guy no matter how'garnished he might look, they always look razz to me,I rather date, Benin guys/ delta, (not the Igbo part of delta) then for the cooking aspect, someone mentioned Yoruba girls can't cook, please don't mention it at all, been in igboland infact, grew up with most of them, their food is not grate at all, they will cook rice with no salt, let me not even start. Some Igbo gals are neat, but 80% are covered with hair, all over, I bet the guys are licking up everything, using tooth- pick to remove hair stuck to their teeth,
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by step1: 12:23am On Jun 18, 2011
I have dated about 5 igbo girls, 1 urhobo, 4 yoruba girls in my life

From all this I can categorically state that the Yoruba girls are the good. I am yoruba by ethnic group but I would tell you the truth. Yoruba women are clean and decent. In fact the last yoruba girl I dated was so nice I could not compare of to another.

Truly yoruba women are lovely in nature(that is if they love you). Other women are nice as well. Of all of them the Urhobo girl was the best.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Roland17(m): 12:29am On Jun 18, 2011
@step1
did u just say yoruba girls are clean? i think clean has got a standard at least. pls don't make it look subjective.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:31am On Jun 18, 2011
seyibrown:

Education usually results in enlightenment . . . but obviously not in every case! Two parties decide to put ethnic barriers behind them and get married, and live happily together; I see no problem with that! If education does not improve us, what will! Marriage does not stop you from performing your 'age old traditions and customs'! Education - if enlightenment had come by it - lets you get rid of 'age old traditions and customs' that add no value to your life or that of the society! Try placing traditional scarifices at t- junctions in the middle of London, and you'll enjoy explaining to the police how it is your tradition and culture!  grin  grin Letting go of ridiculous/needless traditions does not mean you forget your duties to the society! There are people marry and consumate marriages with children as part of their culture/tradition. Education enlightens us and helps us refine our way of life - if we let it!

now we r talking. the point is we r not European!!!!! we r not from London!!!! WE ARE NIGERIAN!!!!! A PROUD PPL WHO HAVE A PROUD CULTURE!!!!! why wud i start a sacrifice in London, eh do i luk stup.id. and wat enlightment do you talk about is the western idea of culture, i.e., drugs, p.orn, homosexuality etc ur idea of enlightenment if so, i dont need this enlightenment of urs. AND Y SHUD I GET RID OF MY AGE OLD TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS does the white man get rid of his after his education he still remains christian, riigh isnt it the so-called educated white man, d one who spread his religion in Africa in d first place y shud i becum christian its not my culture. and when u marry, fine, u carry on ur customs. but what about d future the children r mixed up so they might chose to  follow one or d other but in majority of d cases, they follow none. and wat about their children, eh since now my children will be mixed, they will also decide to marry sumwun frm a different culture. in the end (if u can count), wat u get is a total distruction of 9ja culture. my tribe, my religion, my culture, all will be extinct and fit for history books. but i wont let this happen, not in my lifetime at least. im gnna fight to d last to preserve them and anyone else from any other tribe who nids help preserving der identity.  angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:32am On Jun 18, 2011
step1:

From all this I can categorically state that the Yoruba girls are the good. I am yoruba by ethnic group but I would tell you the truth. Yoruba women are clean and decent. In fact the last yoruba girl I dated was so nice I could not compare of to another.

Truly yoruba women are lovely in nature(that is if they love you). Other women are nice as well. Of all of them  the Urhobo girl was the best.

Thank you Yoruba man. you are a true Yoruba who stood up for his women. d one i was unsuccessfully looking for. May Obatala and the Gods bless you. smiley smiley
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by igboboy1(m): 3:13am On Jun 18, 2011
step1:

Truly yoruba women are lovely in nature(that is if they love you). Other women are nice as well. Of all of them the Urhobo girl was the best.

Thats why former deputy governor of lagos son had to engage Uche Eze 2weeks ago cos Yoruba girls are so clean undecided

You see Bode pedro junior is smart cos nobody (even Yoruba people) want a child that will end up looking like tokyo the oyo state nurtw chairman or wande coal AKA charcoal, they all want some michael ezuruonye fine look for their son tongue

See the fine fine Yoruba peeps are all mixed, See banky W if no be for his calabar mom only god for know how the guy go turn out to be (Like obj? hmmm)
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 18, 2011
Buhahahahahahahah
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 3:38am On Jun 18, 2011
igbo boy:

Thats why former deputy governor of lagos son had to engage  Uche Eze  2weeks ago cos Yoruba girls are so clean undecided

You see Bode pedro junior is smart cos nobody (even Yoruba people) want a child that will end up looking like tokyo the oyo state nurtw chairman or wande coal AKA charcoal, they all want some michael ezuruonye fine look for their son  tongue

See the fine fine Yoruba peeps are all mixed, See banky W if no be for his calabar mom only god for know how the guy go turn out to be (Like obj? hmmm)

Yoruba's aren't the only ones that have hideous looking mofos.  Have you seen other groups?   lipsrsealed I have seen some that WEREN'T Yoruba looking like CRYPT KEEPERS on meth. lipsrsealed
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by igboboy1(m): 4:10am On Jun 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Yoruba's aren't the only ones that have hideous looking mofos. Have you seen other groups? lipsrsealed I have seen some that WEREN'T Yoruba looking like CRYPT KEEPERS on meth. lipsrsealed

nne those ones u saw are either sudanese or kalahari bush men from botswana, in nigeria there is no competition with Yorubas for ugly CONFIRMED
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 18, 2011
But yet, other non-yorubas keep dumping themselves on the same "ugly" Yoruba people. At the end of the day, the Yorubas usually get whoever they want.

Most of the commentators on here are long time tribalists, just check post history.

The only thing saving Igbo men is their money. Without that. . ,  hmm nothing. Even their women are marrying Yoruba men in plenty nowadays.  Igbo men are usually too razz and most of the time homosexuals. CONFIRMED!
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by igboboy1(m): 4:35am On Jun 18, 2011
i can see lots og Yoruba girls that would be life long spinster, sorry una no get competition from our fine igbo girls, All the Yoruba men when they sight that radiating skin dem go kolo,

Its funny just how here in the states black sistas are hating on oyibo, chinese and latino girls for taking all the black men the same way Yoruba girls are complaining about igbo girls taking all the Yoruba men hahahaha.

Well my advice to those spinster is u berra invest on some d.il.d.o cos u aint gonna get no Yoruba stick anytinme soon  tongue
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 18, 2011
Who exactly is complaining?

Its a good thing actually. And the bad thing is, they usually marry/ cheat with  another Yoruba woman at the end. Leading to polygamy (I'm a feminist of polygamy, detest it).

Inter-tribal dating has been going on in Nigeria for ages, esp bewteen Yorubas and Non-Yorubas, but how has it changed the tense atmosphere?

Yorubas tend to extend their lineage and tribal units towards other ethnicity, that kind of connection will be good for business later.

Yoruba women tend to marry/date men from the SS( esp Bini), while Yoruba men tend to go all over.

Yorubas have evolved from that tribal chain of marrying from only your village a long time ago. Out of West Africa, Yorubas are known to be flexible with their contacts; religiously, matrimonial, etc.  ( this is from well documented facts).

Any half-Nigerian you meet, they'll likely be half-Yoruba.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 18, 2011
BTW, the only ones complaining here is Igbo dudes who dey vex because Yoruba men dey take una women, but unfortunately, Yoruba women dont roll your way.
How many Igbo men have confessed of wanting this yoruba woman and that Yoruba woman? Countless, when they're not in the throes of tibalism. grin
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by igboboy1(m): 4:48am On Jun 18, 2011
Yorubas the ever sophosticated peeple,, infact the only advanced people in Nigeria, na wa, una no go kill me with your self glorification and praises, so na only Yoruba dey do outside village marrying enh?

My popsi nkor? leave delta go marry momsi for rivers state, do u know how many village he crossed for that? nne biko leave that one, the matter remains in the next 100 years the Yoruba race might be full evolutionised to the point we go dey see people like tonto dike asnwering funmi adewale, people like the yellow guy in bracket answering oluwatemi modupe all because their momsi is igbo and gave them some good genes,

Well i aint mad, anything that makes my fellow nigerian not to look like tokyo the oyo nurtw chairman i am for it  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If Nairaland Was Real Life, who would you marry? / Guys, What Is The Most Absurd Way Sex Happened For You? / My Neighbour's Wife Wants Sex With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.