Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security (7179 Views)

FG Deploys Officers To Mdas To Monitor PMS Implementation / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats / FG Deploys And Redeploys Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by iwaeda: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
The federal government on Sunday said it will deploy Agrometeorological information services to tackle food insecurity in the country.

Director-General/CEO of the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet), Prof. Mansur Matazu, said the current food system; “is rife with inequalities and issues that prevent adequate food security for all with grave consequences.”

He spoke in a keynote address at a one-day workshop on “Developing a feedback framework for Climate Information Service Delivery in Nigeria,” organized by the Human Resource Development Agenda (HEDA) in Lagos.

The theme of the workshop was, “Strengthening Climate Information Service Delivery for a Resilient Food System in Nigeria.”

Matazu, who is the Permanent Representative of Nigeria with the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), reiterated the federal government’s position on developing the Agricultural sector for Sustainable Green Economy, focusing on food system development agenda that will lift hundred (100) million Nigerians out of poverty within a decade.

According to him, the government aims to prioritise healthy diets and affordable nutrition through inclusive, efficient, resilient, and sustainable agriculture which will contribute to job creations and sustainable economic growth.

The DG, however, stated that the prospects of Agrometeorological services; “are enormous across the value chain from land preparation through harvesting to marketing and storage with the support of key players such as farmers, extension officers, input providers, banks, insurance companies, transporters etc.”

He said NiMet has been at the forefront of providing early warning services, adding that various weather and climate information generated by NiMet are available for clients and stakeholders across the socio-economic sectors of the country.

He listed some of the services to include Seasonal Climate Prediction (SCP) that contains information on the Onset and Cessation dates of the cropping season, length of the growing period, rainfall amount and the temperature forecasts for the hot season (January to April), Dry spell and Little Dry Season and Socio-Economic Implications of the predictions.

https://dailytrust.com/fg-deploys-meteorological-services-for-food-security

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by helinues: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Welcome development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by iwaeda: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:
Welcome development

So now they agreed there is food insecurity? Yet they claimed there is food sufficiency in the land. Who do we believe? grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by helinues: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
iwaeda:

So now they agreed there is food insecurity? Yet they claimed there is food sufficiency in the land. Who do we believe? grin grin

Please, I have told you to stop crying on my mentions?

Carry your wailing elsewhere.

If FG did not do something they would complain, now they are about to do something about the food shortage the chronic wailers are still wailing again.

It's a pity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by Terorislam: 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
Is ok, but the should never deploy Yoruba Muslims skull miners for poverty aliviation hence heads will roll

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

If FG did not do something they would complain, now they are about to do something about the food shortage the chronic wailers are still wailing again.

It's a pity
Helineus why are you always being attacked by these people tho?
I've observed that anytime you drop a comment they are always quick to counter you in a disgusting manner..
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by helinues: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
FernandezReturn:

Helineus why are you always being attacked by these people tho?
I've observed that anytime you drop a comment they are always quick to counter you in a disgusting manner..

Na those who have made up their minds not to see anything good in this government..

Sometimes, they don't even read the comments before attacking as they are fixated.

To them, anyone supporting this government is paid to do so.

Imagine the guy attacking Welcome development comments
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
iwaeda:

Must you wail? sad
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

Na those who have made up their minds not to see anything good in this government..

Sometimes, they don't even read the comments before attacking as they are fixated.

To them, anyone supporting this government is paid to do so.

Imagine the guy attacking Welcome development comments
Exactly...you sound bright through your comments tho but I fail to see why they are always bitter..
Bless up ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by iwaeda: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Must you wail? sad

Must you lie

9 Likes

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by iwaeda: 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
helinues:

It's a pity
Stop commenting on my lines grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by slawormiir: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...

Make this government try and regulate the price of food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by 1950Mack: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Wonpele undecided
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by jericco1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
Something they should have done long before now

Well I hope it not one of their elephantic project

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by hibeebeeking: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2022
Obey the last order people. Buhari don talk am. Pump money into agriculture shaperlly.
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by Kennyfancy(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2022
Always reacting after the problem have been up to 100%

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by illicit(m): 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hungerbad
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by ekukeku(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2022

It's a pity[/quote]

It's a pity because w all know FG & fake promises work hand in hand[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by davades(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
Who cares

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by lexy2014: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
helinues:
Welcome development

How's it a welcome development?

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by InstaGage: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2022
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-deploys-meteorological-services-for-food-security

Nigeria will get better.
Please check my first post on my profile to get 50 IG likes + comments for #5
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by tradepunter: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
helinues:

It's a pity

After you and your supporters of evil defended this failure...

When facts were been given out you and your miscreants were defending this evil calling everyone propagandist that wants Nigeria to fail...

See eeehn make una thank God people only restricts their actions only to this platform because una suppose get payment in full.

3 Likes

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by ransomed: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
Will this stop Herdsmen from using animals to destroy farms? Have bandits and Boko Haram signed peace agreement with the government that farmers will no longer be attacked on the farms and villages?

APC government, tuuueeeh.

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by EternalBeing: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ok.
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by seyz91(m): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
cheesy you dey mind am

Dem jus dey believe every nonsense fed by this useless cow government
lexy2014:

How's it a welcome development?
Re: FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security by system21: 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
Useless government. Buhari and his gang of thieves should do and leave because they have nothing new to offer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boycot Daar Communications (AIT) Now! / Increasing Poverty levels in Nigeria at variance with its Economic Growth / Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.