Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo (9572 Views)

Tinubu Trying To Carve Out Lifeline For Ndigbo - Chioma Nweze / Appeal Court Declares Jerigbe Senator For Cross River North / Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Dovegrey: 3:04am On Jan 05, 2022
The Senate Minority Leader and Senator representing Abia South, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, has said that he is viewed in many quarters as a Senator for the entire state and, indeed, Ndigbo.

Senator Abaribe stated this on Tuesday during inspection tour of some of the projects he attracted to his constituency.

He said that some of his projects were sited outside his district.

“Although I represent Abia South, some of my projects are in Abia North and Abia Central,” he said.

READ ALSO: Abaribe declares interest for 2023 guber election in Abia
The former Deputy Governor who enumerated the qualities of a good leader to include “character, competence and courage”, regretted that these virtues were lacking in most of those in leadership positions.

Senator Abaribe, who said he had donated over 200 transformers to different communites in his constituency, promised not to relent in his intervention projects.

He explained that it is not part of lawmakers’ mandate to execute projects but to make laws and speak up for their constituents.

The Senate Minority Leader however said he had attracted a number of intervention projects to better the lots of his constituents.

The projects
Some of the projects at different levels of completion inspected by Abaribe include Umugo Road in Ugwunagbo, Chief Ubani Road in Aba, Akalana Road in Aba, and Unity Road to Ogwo Road all in Aba South, which lead to tailoring hub in Aba.

Others include Eugene Road, Umuokahia to Umuola Road in Obingwa/Aba North LGAs,  Abayi to Ohuru Road in Obingwa LGA, and rural electrification from Ovum in Obingwa to Ukwa East that has been in darkness for years now.

He also inuagurated solar-powered grid and 20KVA generating sets at General Hospital Onicha Ngwa in Obingwa, and SDA Hospital Aba.

Senator Abaribe also inspected the ongoing construction of Mini Sports Stadium at Ahiaba High School; and the renovation of Ohuru Primary School in Obingwa.

He expressed satisfaction at the level of work at the project sites and promised to be “on the neck of the contractors until they deliver”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/people-say-im-senator-for-ndigbo-says-abaribe/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Yibo(m): 3:26am On Jan 05, 2022
Where is the project biko?
But unfortunately Tinubu is our problem

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by HeadNigga: 5:06am On Jan 05, 2022
The next governor of Abia.

27 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Geeman2006: 5:10am On Jan 05, 2022
Ipob senator is more like it.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by BarrElChapo(m): 5:12am On Jan 05, 2022
undecided
Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by namdyz(m): 5:12am On Jan 05, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Ficeo(m): 5:14am On Jan 05, 2022
2023 is close by. This is what we will be seeing henceforth. Rubbish!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by tujays(m): 5:19am On Jan 05, 2022
foolish Ipob miscreant senator. grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Victorclean1: 5:20am On Jan 05, 2022
Hmm
Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Olamide0918(m): 5:22am On Jan 05, 2022
Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by BigBelleControl(m): 5:24am On Jan 05, 2022
If the South East want to have Biafra easily, they should elect people like Abaribe as senators, representatives or governors.
He's truly committed to the agitation.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by donprinyo(m): 5:27am On Jan 05, 2022
pained people everywhere. if we have your kind double south east is beta, triple Nigeria is a goal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by donleo92(m): 5:38am On Jan 05, 2022
After 10 years in the senate? uncle please if its for abia governorship please go and sit down. abia state needs a different breed of leader not this same set of old men

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by ntyce(m): 5:46am On Jan 05, 2022
You're not different from other politicians....

It's all about your personal interests.

You've been holding public office since 1999, how have you bettered the lives of your constituents in Abia.

You should also have a fair share of blame, what have you done with constituency allowances you earned for close to 18 years.

16 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by eleko1: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2022
sad#scam talk.He want to become next gov so dat he can destroy the state beyond repair.Thief

6 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by Aufbauh(m): 5:49am On Jan 05, 2022
Senator for Ndi Igbo or Ndi Ipob?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by omenkaLives(m): 5:51am On Jan 05, 2022
Okoro matters, none of my business.

Next.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by chibuike65: 5:51am On Jan 05, 2022
We love your courage sir

12 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by abobote: 5:58am On Jan 05, 2022
Ofcourse, that is what you are. Infact there's only senator representing the South East in the Red chamber

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by sonnie10: 6:03am On Jan 05, 2022
If Abians miss Abaribe as governor, they have missed it for the next 8 years

7 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by tsinzu: 6:08am On Jan 05, 2022
God bless you sir

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by warlordd(m): 6:15am On Jan 05, 2022
Igbo:
Showing us construction of uncompleted culvert after 10 years in the Senate
Who do we ndi meth offended?

Don't mind him! He has been in the senate for 16-long years and not 10 years as u said, with absolutely nothing to show for it. The man is very dishonest and cunning.

7 Likes

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by guru90: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2022
This man only good in donating Transformers to different communities than Constructing good Roads for Aba people........

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: People Say I am The Senator For Ndigbo by paramakina202: 6:18am On Jan 05, 2022
Audio projects. Abaribe is a yahoo yahoo senator hiding under ipob for relevance.
After 20 years in the senate he just realised his constituency needs projects.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aspirants Oppose APC’s Consensus Option For National Chairmanship / Lagos To Impose Death Sentence On Kidnappers / Shehu Sani: Why I Should Be Re-elected Kaduna Central Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.