Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,385 members, 7,846,631 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. (845 Views)

Why Do Possessive And Jealous Men Excite And Repulse Me? / Stock With A Possessive Female Friend / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
I started dating this beautiful girl (23) June last year.

She's the kind of woman I would love to spend my whole life with although this is not the right time to talk about marriage because I still have a lot to do for myself, family and friends.

Having graduated last year, developing every aspect of my life so as to be fulfilled in no distant time and finding the right path to a good life.

The problem I have been having in my relationship had made me throw out questions upon questions to people purposely on relational matters with an opposite sex.

I have never been into any relationship because all my life all I wanted is to succeed until I find my said girlfriend interesting and an ideal woman for me.

She's becoming possessive in the sense that she doesn't give room for third parties (female friends) and she always want us have good time (romantic conversations) online and offline which i don't fancy at time, because at this stage i need to give attention to my career and my personal growth.

Anytime I come up with the issue of personal growth she frowned at it and understands but she wants me to stay committed to the relationship which is good, but to me giving my all (attention) to the relationship sometimes is a distraction.

She's the kind that needs pampering and some validation in the relationship.

Hmmmmm, one day I have to pinch myself "if na like this relationship be e no dey easy ooo".

I have tried breaking up with her all to no avail but she's doesn't deserve it.

I pranked her with going back to friendship zone but she looked unhappy about the idea (we weren't close to each other when these happened).

This girl in question doesn't make luxurious demands or either disturb me for money.

She send me money even buy me things.

In one word, she loves me and can't let me be.

I love her simplicity and vibes.

If you are online and she catches you get ready to give her attention.

We have had issues on this issue of not giving her attention and not treating her exactly the way she wants.

I told her that if she find me uninteresting she should walk away but she doesn't want to leave.

Please Nairalanders, how do I handle this girl?

I need your sincere contribution on this matter.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by Sonnobax15(m): 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
lipsrsealed
The same type of banny wey every Nigha dey DREAM of having,e reach your turn,you wor turn your own into a NIGHTMARE undecided

Op, like seriously,if you venture loosegaurd that your Banny simply because she dey stalk you,na just matter of time,you go regret why you let her go........

Sometimes,it's more preferable to be with someone that truly loves us than be with the one we love but doesn't love us back..

Modified:::the brother man below me said she's childish cheesy. Well,I understand,to an extent....But I'd rather prefer such childish behaviors personally, compared to being with the type of woman who's matured but doesn't feel emotionally attached to me..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
you have to take pity out of the equation and ask yourself this simple question:"AM I HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION?" and if your answer is no then:"WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?"

this woman is a bit childish and doesnt understand that by being the way she is, she will most likely lose you than keep you. when someone cant live away/apart from you, then something is not right.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2022
She is possessive and insecure..Sounds to me like you’re incompatible. Unfortunately people for the most part are not changeable so when you find out something about them you don’t like you either have to choose to compromise or decide if that characteristic is not gonna go well...

You either talk to her about it and if she's bent on not changing then you need to leave the relationship..You clearly do not have a healthy relationship...Talk to her and let her know it pisses you off..

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by Godada(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2022

You don't seem to know what you want.

You got a treasure here.

What's lacking here is an open communication channel.

Work on your communication with her and encourage her to update her life too.

Build a life goal together.

Don't bungle this up.

This is the kind of lady these redpillers will go Gaga for.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by Deborah98(f): 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
She loves you for sure but the thing is that she's insecure. Just wanna monitor you in and out. Well na people wey Sha get time. I never get time to look myself finish na another person. She needs to understand that asides being together, there should be room for self-improvement and self sufficiency...

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by yuping(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
People SMH.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by Odoogu(m): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2022
Maintaining a good relationship ( not necessary a sexual one) is also part of self development,cos you still gonna marry as you claim.

But if you aren't "feeling" it and it seems like a burden to you, then what are you doing there?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. by chocboi78(m): 12:47am On Jan 06, 2022
She doesn’t want other girls to loot you like palliative, hence the insecurities.
You shouldn’t have a problem with that Except you plan on being looted grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Remove the Wedding Ring And Commit With Another Man? / Lady Confront Babydaddy After He Buys Food For The Only Child They Have (Video) / Lady Causes Serious Scene As She Nabs Her Boyfriend With Another Girl In A Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.