Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room (31681 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by kayttah(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Op, the elder bro doesn't smoke. What made the younger bro take up smoking? This is one of the things I don't get about life. And this scares me a lot. Bringing a child to this world, and trying your best to help him become a better person in life but the said child would choose to become another thing
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
beating can only worsen it.

Make he just change am for una cheesy cheesy grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by havenz(m): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
Him own don finish if not God, thanks.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by AmazingELixir: 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:
How Can I Help My Brother Out Of This Mess

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?

Op that sandy mass is like grinded crystal meth....you guys got yourself an addict at home...

The reason why parents and guardians should keep close watch over their wards, could have been discovered earlier and checkmated...times are evil
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by jadyclem(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?
This is an example of what happens when you fail to bring up your child in the way of the lord and instill the fear of God in his/her heart from an early age. Your brother may hardly stop smoking if it's really true that he's taken getting high as his hobby.
Your mum talking to him will make the matter worse, all you need to do is to sit him down and find out what he wants from life and make him understand how disastrous the part he's about to take is for him should he decide to travel such part. Be calm with him and talk to him as a guy man talking to a fellow guy man. If im heart neva cake, e go fit listen to you and retrace his steps. Also, always keep an eye on him and watch the company he keeps too.

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by cynthia9: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Justice4Toto:
Weed the D in weed is damage destroyer and death

Nothing good comes from it in the long run

So Canada as a Country no get sense as them legalize am?? Weed is not illegal on the street in Nigeria, Only, the government is missing out on its tax.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Afokesco(m): 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
omeeeh

Who created weed op?

allow your bro to be himself.. the only thing I gotta say is that your bro shouldn't abuse it..

if your bro get money.. na you go be the person wey go dey tie for am.. Base on say your bro hand dry...you dey disgrace am for here.

I know some docs who smokes weed

4 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by lonelydora: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Fool!shness is bound in the heart of a child but the rod of correction will drive it far away from him.

Flog the hell out of that your brother
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by dingbang(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
Very difficult to control a male child.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by NightFood: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
In my opinion, just let him be, it's not as if he's a nuisance or something. But you can sha talk to him, let it not be that he's into it just because he's depressed.

2 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Meedon: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
I really wanna change but I'm stuck in this game...

Somebody help me - Tupac.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
Noshitboi:
Report him to mummy G. O
I don't want my younger brother to go to hell fire straight.. Have mercy abeg

2 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Stevyne: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
16 Ss2 and na smoke come him head.
When I was 16 steady thinking how to pass Waec at one sitting.

Na smoke your brother see do, person wey una mama abi you suppose knack better plank for him hand or body.

Better watch that little boy closely, that boy don go astray already
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by ojogbengasamuel: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
he needs deliverance asap
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
Is a 16 old man a child? What is wrong with people? Let the man smoke if he so choose... This is why we can't revolt in this country right now. We were mostly raised to be timid and antisocial. In th name of stupid discipline most Africans became pseudo-introverts who knows nothing about socialization. At 16 he has the to smoke and have a sex partner if he so choose to... In Nigeria you will see a 30 years old man still eating from his mother's pot, with no realistic or executable plans of being independent.
Amotolongbo
post=109192669:

Your brother is “weeding”, that is not a cigarette.

Your brother only has the decision to stop it if he wishes, though it is hard.

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nwaotu10(m): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking
Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

My nigarrrr

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Reporterdeadly: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
You are in an hotel room slawormiir
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Noshitboi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:
I don't want my younger brother to go to hell fire straight.. Have mercy abeg
grin grin grin grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MufasaLion: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:
How can I get in touch with a counselor please? Can you recommend any?

Well, you can check online. Just type something like "Marriage Counselor Lagos."
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by SportsHD: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Aswear mehn, marijuana is amazing. But the niggar only problem for for here na sey he dey smoke am inside room. He get liver shaa, big liver. Wait, which age you start to dey kpo?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Brian47(m): 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
Try changing his school.
Cos it's peer pressure and nothing else.
I think a boarding school would be preferable.
There it I'll be hard for him to smoke and see his current friends.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by porthouse7(f): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

morrafucker always with wrong advice
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by ashjay001(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Just tell your mom to chill biko. Obama smoked. Elon Musk too and several successful men. Don't ostracize him and thereby make him join the dregs of society
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Vickyguero17(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
I smoke too going through rehab. I won't lie it doesn't make me feel bad I'm a student of a big University in Nigeria. The problem Is I you smoke and you dey leave with your parents it's going to be very hard for you to hide it. I'm in that category too, I gats dance to their tune as Dem no wan make I free rest. In this life get money if you get money e dey stop nonsense. I no Sabi drink I dey misbehave something wey fit make me dey alright I use it to read and I know the quantity I take into my system as a youth wey still dey their house wey no get money you go concur for them but deep down that's what really give me joy. I no get friends. As for the boy it's up to him but it's easier quitting drinks like beer than drugs. Because drugs won't make you vomit and the kind of reasoning it gives you it's way more different from drinking. Country hard boys no go still feel him vibe freely. After this our generation of Mama and Papa na our generation the real End time start.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by gistmega: 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
what is Bible-believing church? do other churches believe in stones or quran?
why are you all trying to hard to reposition your moral compass as if you are better than anyone else? List the Bible-believing churches here and let us scrutinize their teachings to see if they aren't worse than the cigarette that the young lad is smoking.
Ammishaddai:
My brother , it is only God that can deliver a person from smoking . And I will advise that you tell your brother to start attending a bible-believing church before he advances to stronger hallucinogenic substances
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Dammyseyon(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
Sit him down man to man and talk to him. First find out how he started and who introduced him to it. Take it slow and let him know his secrets are safe with you.
If he open up to you, don’t use it against him and insult him. Let him know if he desires a better future he needs to quit it as soon as possible else he’ll run mad. I’m telling you all these from the archive of a repentant chain smoker.
It’s not easy but introduce him to God and make sure he’s free and happy.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Icedinhoemma(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Your bro has started, probably he doesn't have friends that does same in the neighbourhood, hence he decided to do it in his comfort zone which he believed is his room. Actually....I started like that in our kitchen, until a neighbour catches me one day, though I denied him. My parents changed school for me because of that, my second day in the new school I met another cartels there......... but I smoked till............
Just advice him to stop smoking at home and as well tell him to eat good foods. Till then, no advice can stop him until he decides to quite.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by kingthreat(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Total bad influence
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by AkaraAndBread: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Slawormiir, my Gee... nothing do you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by errigdee: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
damn It not easy to free my brother
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by chikason22(m): 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Pussy ass nigar angry
Smoking is bad. Go and do LFT test you pussyass

Bunch of pussies everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine / Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.