Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room (31678 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by l0uie(m): 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na u lack common sense. U must be a chronic smoker for siding him. At 16, he isn't too old to be beaten. I will beat stupidity out of him b4 advising him.

He is 16, therefore you will beat stupidity out of him? Bross, no matter what for this life no dey underrated anybody. Na 16 you talk, abi? For street, 13 year old boy fit humble you.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Kellycruz12: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
Your brother don dey smoke since you are just finding out, as long as say him don dey roll weed forget am nothing u wan talk again na only god fit stop am
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nozino: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mustiboy:

16 too old to be in secondary school?

Yes sir. How old will he be when he finishes secondary school? Then get admission? Then graduates? Finish Nysc? And finally enter job market?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Truvelisback(m): 12:07am On Jan 09, 2022
l0uie:

He is 16, therefore you will beat stupidity out of him? Bross, no matter what for this life no dey underrated anybody. Na 16 you talk, abi? For street, 13 year old boy fit humble you.
U must be a coward for saying this. That a 13 year old boy had done that to u doesn't mean everyone is like u.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by calcal: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2022
Ask him what he smokes that you want to buy him, by him, let him smoke it freely then gradually you start a treatment plan for him.

No big deal
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by l0uie(m): 12:19am On Jan 09, 2022
Truvelisback:
U must be a coward for saying this. That a 13 year old boy had done that to u doesn't mean everyone is like u.

First off, you resorting to insult shows who the actual coward is. Secondly, you're to shallow minded that being a grown is all it takes to be the bravest, strongest nd the fittest etc. Thirdly, if I follow you yarn again.... make I know wetin cause am.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Crenzywilliams(m): 12:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Ammishaddai:
My brother , it is only God that can deliver a person from smoking . And I will advise that you tell your brother to start attending a bible-believing church before he advances to stronger hallucinogenic substances
U serious o...all this Nigerians and deliverances sef. The only thing crazy here is he's age,he's kinda young to be hitting d ganja...let him grow a little older first. But seriously It's not church, church, he simply has bad friends influencing him. You simply need to introduce him to the right mentor, not preach to him.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 09, 2022
16 is a Child? Where is on earth is a 16 year old considered a Child ? Commit a crime as a 16 year old and see if you will not be charged as an adult.

A revolution is not possible in Nigeria today because what we have at most as citizens are over-pampered and spoilt babies in adult bodies.

Nigeria as a country was destroyed by this senseless counterproductive parenting technique we were mostly raised under. Cowards everywhere you turn.

A 16 year old can have a sex partner/girlfriend and smoke whatever he choose to smoke. This is not an issue with the whites( Caucasians). Socio-politically these people are way more advanced than sub-saharan Africans. You can raise dummies if you like.

My kids are Free and they have not abused the liberty they have so far because I raised them the right way... My Youngest son who smokes is studying Medicine in Russia. I don't know what is Wrong with Nigerians.

TheManOfTheYear:
16 is still a child oga.
And besides, his parents roof, his parents rules
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Midas01: 1:44am On Jan 09, 2022
Making sense ? Bro code on too an underaged smoker? Lmao...

Y'all are only being sentimental becatits a boy. No wonder boys account for 99% of all the criminals in society. Something that needs to be dealt with an iron fist you're playing it off casually that he should be talked to man to man....

No worry , very soon he'll start taking mpuru miri or whatever they call that.
killmods:

Hallelujah.. first time ur making sense shocked
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by tradepunter: 2:31am On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:
How Can I Help My Brother Out Of This Mess

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?

I wish I could help you...

Depending on your location, we can arrange to put him in a guard room for 3 days with minimal stress environment.

Lots of superiors family members underwent such treatment and to be honest it worked, especially for that age range your brother falls into.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by whytediamond(m): 2:32am On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking
Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

Slawormiir, you go still drink all that palm oil join?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 3:26am On Jan 09, 2022
tradepunter:

I wish I could help you...

Depending on your location, we can arrange to put him in a guard room for 3 days with minimal stress environment.

Lots of superiors family members underwent such treatment and to be honest it worked, especially for that age range your brother falls into.
I actually thought of this. We reside somewhere around Oshodi.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 3:26am On Jan 09, 2022
whytediamond:

Slawormiir, you go still drink all that palm oil join?

Lol
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:05am On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

I wish I met you during my smoking days.

Would have been fun.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by gistmega: 5:20am On Jan 09, 2022
You need more advice than the OP. You have a bigger problem than that OP's brother. Your pastor is a secret chained-smoker and you are asking a starter to go to him for help. How dumb! When has church become the house for rehabilitation of smokers? You truly have been brainwashed for years. You are surely lost
Ammishaddai:
Give the OP advice and stop being foolish in my mentions
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by QueenAgbo(f): 6:31am On Jan 09, 2022
Allow him to smoke,na im get life.

I hate people wey dey smoke and drink achohol.

If he wan destroy his life,make e carry go.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by tradepunter: 6:58am On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:

I actually thought of this. We reside somewhere around Oshodi.

Oo ok, assuming it was abuja, I would have connected you with guys I know.

This is the only way....

They will know how to shake him up, which would reset his actions and make him think twice...

There is an armed forces resettlement office in oshodi I think... Try ask friends if they have army friends..

Then plan it with them... 3 days in the guard room will be enough.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?
wetin de worry am, don't he know inhaling or snuffing the thing damages the lungs. Is he the only one looking for quick energy. Tell him father.
I have not done weed before, the times I was curious to smoke, I didn't breath it I just put the smoke in my mouth and blow it in the air, my point is I did it safely, no lungs contact, it was not tasty. curiosity curiosity curiosity, instead of him to find out by himself, he should ask questions of it.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Elliotwealth1(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2022
Good morning
This same thing happened to me at same age, I also denied to my mom lol
Little did I know that I will regret such decision, lies upon lies just to cover my secret.
I'm 23 still struggling with smoking, I'm glad I got to know about God.
Don't beat him!!!
I repeat don't beat him!
It will worsen it and also give him the drive to leave the house.
Pray for him, you can't force him to know God but you can pray him into God.
Smoking is thrash at a young age, I thought it was fun.

21st century lied to us.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Elliotwealth1(m): 7:04am On Jan 09, 2022
Exactly
Sir the system of this world is designed to control us.
We are in war for our soul/time.
21st century lied to us
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Lolly30(f): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2022
Pls I need guideline to write deferral letter. I want to defer my admission to may
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2022
Elliotwealth1:
Good morning
This same thing happened to me at same age, I also denied to my mom lol
Little did I know that I will regret such decision, lies upon lies just to cover my secret.
I'm 23 still struggling with smoking, I'm glad I got to know about God.
Don't beat him!!!
I repeat don't beat him!
It will worsen it and also give him the drive to leave the house.
Pray for him, you can't force him to know God but you can pray him into God.
Smoking is thrash at a young age, I thought it was fun.

21st century lied to us.

no vex. Make I ask somethings, Did you breath it to your lungs?
Did it feel tasty?
Was it weed or cigarettes?
What do you think about a thread on weed and cigarettes this new year?
I would Appreciate the help smiley
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Obiorahpcfg: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

No wonder you are still begging around for money at this your age. Shuuum
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Johel(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

It's a taboo to weed without food....Na Wetin dey make some dey run mad grin grin...I weed 247,3 times a day, everyday in a week...God bless marijuana...Fukk alcohol,fukk cigarettes. grin grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by oilmane(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:

Relocating him is the best bet, he should go live with one of your elderly male relative who will be like a father to him.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Ezi1993(f): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2022
For you to make him to stop smoking,, get a lot of cigarette filters,,,soak it with gin and make him to take a shot of it...after three days,,the smell of cigarette will make him vomit....But before you do this,,Get a counselor to counsel him so that he can know the implications of smoking...to enable him make up is mind to stop smoking..So that he will agree to take the substance.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Mustiboy(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2022
Nozino:

Yes sir. How old will he be when he finishes secondary school? Then get admission? Then graduates? Finish Nysc? And finally enter job market?

He's not too old IMO. Most secondary students graduate between age 15 to 17.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nozino: 9:07am On Jan 09, 2022
Mustiboy:

He's not too old IMO. Most secondary students graduate between age 15 to 17.

Not in my area. I don’t think it’s fair to the Student.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Havesomesense(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

At the age of 16 the brain has not fully developed, it is detrimental to his mental health.
I'm a reasonable smoker.

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by bigjackass: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2022
withdraw him from school for one year
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by TheManOfTheYear: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
16 is a Child? Where is on earth is a 16 year old considered a Child ? Commit a crime as a 16 year old and see if you will not be charged as an adult.

A revolution is not possible in Nigeria today because what we have at most as citizens are over-pampered and spoilt babies in adult bodies.

Nigeria as a country was destroyed by this senseless counterproductive parenting technique we were mostly raised under. Cowards everywhere you turn.

A 16 year old can have a sex partner/girlfriend and smoke whatever he choose to smoke. This is not an issue with the whites( Caucasians). Socio-politically these people are way more advanced than sub-saharan Africans. You can raise dummies if you like.

My kids are Free and they have not abused the liberty they have so far because I raised them the right way... My Youngest son who smokes is studying Medicine in Russia. I don't know what is Wrong with Nigerians.

You are raising a pothead as a son and you're proud to spill it, just so you can sound 'woke'. Fiddlesticks!

You're only an adult at 18, anything before that, the child is a minor and under my rules as a dad.
It doesn't matter if I'm in Lagos or Toronto, a 16 year old is a minor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine / Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.