Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room (31676 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Ayomivic(m): 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:
How Can I Help My Brother Out Of This Mess

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?

My brother it is popular saying that bad friends or relationship destroyed good charactes which is true . The opposite of that can work also and that good friendship or gangs destroyed bad characters.

There are two stages in in life the stages where you learned what people are doing and what they tells you to do. This stage parents should always exermine the characters of their children and make sure the wall with good people at this stage it is good that the parent allow their children to spend most of their time in the house of God where they will mingled with good children and have the words of God in tjem

The second stage is the stage when children is no longer a children but adult. At this stage they know what is right and what is good for them . At that stage they choose the kind of life they want to live not because someone told them to do it but because they derive joy in it and think it is normal way of life. That is the stage many parents allowed their children to live alone . At that stage children is difficult to change or control.

Your brother can still be control because he is still in the first stage. Look for someone who ihas the word of God in him and really fear God someone that had reached the second stage that in the cause of pulling your brother out of his bad characters , your brother won't drag ihim to his own character. If this person can take your brother as close friend he will be able to deliver him from Satan grip

You too is in position to help your brother as close friend in very gentle manner by talking with him share some secret with him and give him confidence that what he will tell you will be saved ibut offer to him good advice asking him why he chose that way of life and making him to see the danger of following up that life style by giving him some case study of people that had following such Life style and what happened to them. We come across those case study online ,in daily news in our soroundings etc.

The truth of it is that you can't give what you don't have . To do that you must actually have the great of God and his words in you
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by 2braithe: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Your brother is “weeding”, that is not a cigarette.

Your brother only has the decision to stop it if he wishes, though it is hard.

But asides it being illegal,what is bad in weed??
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by SirMichael1: 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That's funny for an underage.. nothing to worry about tho cos it's part of growing up as a kid..all you have to do is sit him down and speak to him as an elder bro politely..I bet he's gonna listen to you...he might not listen to your mom I know why i am saying this...

Don't be harsh with your words when speaking to him..you know what you guys do na? winkBro code..let him feel happy confiding with you..

As for your mum she is just being a woman..most are really emotional.. nothing there..when he grows up he's gonna decide whether or not he's gonna smoke but for now it's a no no.. wink wink

Nothing to worry about? Just part of growing up? Are you saying that every adult smoked while growing up or you're just mad? I didn't engage in any bad vice while growing up. Did you engage in bad vices while growing up or maybe you're still a kid. If you don't have an opinion, can't you keep your hands from typing? Are you compelled to type? Sounding incoherent like a tout.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
Where is his father? This is when he needs his father in his life.

Fathers are the ones who can handle situations like this. You'd just be wasting time. Just one look at him from a father who knows his worth, he'd start making plans to quit

He's smoking Igbo in case you don't know what weed is
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MERCHANDISER: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
No wonder he eats food meant for 10 people grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
SirMichael1:

Nothing to worry about? Just part of growing up? Are you saying that every adult smoked while growing up or you're just mad? I didn't engage in any bad vice while growing up. Did you engage in bad vices while growing up or maybe you're still a kid. If you don't have an opinion, can't you keep your hands from typing? Are you compelled to type? Sounding incoherent like a tout.
Lagoon is your friend..you have a problem deal with it and stop crying on my mention.. grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
jadyclem:

Smoking is not part of growing up! A teenage getting himself or herself entangled in social voices is not part of growing up. Such behaviour reflect lack of proper parental guidance or negative influence from peers. People don't outgrow negative behaviours, they sink deeper into it unless they are helped and they truly desire to stop it
When I say part of growing up I meant they must pass through a stage where they gonna have one or two issues..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
elonmuskbaby:
that is not assault.that is correctional beating.the Bible says foolishness abideth in the heart of a child but the rod of correction (cane) will drive it out.a 16 year old is a minor and an underaged still regarded as a child.when you Beat the stupidity out of him,by himself he will loose cravings for anything cigarette
Beating him is wrong and quoting your bible in this situation is also very wrong..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by elonmuskbaby: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Beating him is wrong and quoting your bible in this situation is also very wrong..
so what is then the workable solution to reset HIS brain
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
killmods:

Hallelujah.. first time ur making sense shocked
I've been making sense all day long just that people fail to see the Sense on it..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
elonmuskbaby:
so what is then the workable solution to reset HIS brain
Read my comment..we once engaged in a reasonable debate tho..I expect you to know better than this..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Viltron:
Where is his father? This is when he needs his father in his life.

Fathers are the ones who can handle situations like this. You'd just be wasting time. Just one look at him from a father who knows his worth, he'd start making plans to quit

He's smoking Igbo in case you don't know what weed is

Hmmmmm... Mumsy has refused to tell popsy because he's very strict.. He could possibly lock him up sef.. My dad is too strict and my mum is scared of what my dad would likely do to him.. He's a retired military man. I don't want to do the reporting myself because the last time I reported one of them in the house, there was trouble in the house for several weeks as mum couldn't bear dad's disciplinary actions..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
odinson1:

You can beat him now,but You can't beat him when he gets older,so you'll only be wasting your yime and Energy. And besides,he will only get smarter and not get caught next time.

so the best course of action now is sit him down and talk to him about the dangers of Smoking

How do you find the time to be on the first page of Every thread on front page? Even Slawomiir and Righteousness2 sef nor do reach that one cheesy
That's why I am called FernandezPablo..my reign on nairaland will never be unforgettable.. grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Ammishaddai: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
gistmega:
what is Bible-believing church? do other churches believe in stones or quran?
why are you all trying to hard to reposition your moral compass as if you are better than anyone else? List the Bible-believing churches here and let us scrutinize their teachings to see if they aren't worse than the cigarette that the young lad is smoking.
Give the OP advice and stop being foolish in my mentions
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Kay25(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking
Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

since u have been smoking and thinking good what innovation or invention have u brought across for the world to see and make use of?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by elonmuskbaby: 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Read my comment..we once engaged in a reasonable debate tho..I expect you to know better than this..
when it comes to parenting especially as it relates to Naija teenagers,I no dey subscribe to oyinbo/woke style of parenting.oyinbo style fit work for oyinbo environment but this Na naija.na cane wey go drive out the madness.he Will change automatically without preaching.even Yorubas say Ojo taba ribi nibi wole.the day you see something filthy, that is the day you have to put an end to it

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Tripssy: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Young nigga smoking loud
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
elonmuskbaby:
when it comes to parenting especially as it relates to Naija teenagers,I no dey subscribe to oyinbo/woke style of parenting.oyinbo style fit work for oyinbo environment but this Na naija.na cane wey go drive out the madness.he Will change automatically without preaching.even Yorubas say Ojo taba ribi nibi wole.the day you see something filthy, that is the day you have to put an end to it
Good for you..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Stanleyville(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hmmm...He's destined for....

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Ojukwu007(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Don't apply force. Just sit him down and have a solid one on one with him. That age bracket is so delicate. Ensure you follow him up with good advices..no use gra gra ooo

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by IRONSIGHT: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Lol.. Abeg tell you mumcy make she no cry Na just phrase and i fit join Peer pressure but make you know say no b every body dem dey pressure but I'll leave you with this ''understanding is much deeper than knowledge there maybe people who know us but very few who understand us''
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Builtforglory: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

why do we have to eat heavily after smoking weed... I always smoke AZ and I don't have the urge to eat

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by rolams(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?

Your bro is a cultist. If he doesn't smoke at home, he will do it elsewhere. Change his school, take him to a counselor, try and find out who his friends are, separate them if they are bad guys and keep monitoring him.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Teena101: 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

I like the fact say u Dey eat healthy even after smoking,e no be like one goat wey dey my lodge wey go smoke finish con dey come beg me for garri and sugar,the day wey him fall for school ehn,na there him no say death no send anybody�

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Smoketight(m): 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Your brother they fire crack, junior cocaine
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Smoketight(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
Tripssy:
Young nigga smoking loud

Crack not loud, u don't need sand for loud,
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Taiwo20(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2022
Whatever you do , don't take meth or is it mkpuru nmiri.

I have seen people's life messed up.

Don't do unnatural drugs if you must do drugs.

Say No to Drugs.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by lomprico(m): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

He has a room. Deroom him ASAP!
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MERCHANDISER: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

How come this guy got the highest likes
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Limassol(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
yuping:
undecided find that guy a therapist, he is a teenager and in a puberty stage, is mind is a curious one. He will want to test anything and everything. And don't spare the rod so the child won't be spoilt.
You started well, yet deviate.To be clear, any form of aggression or hostility towards that young man will be counterproductive in the short-run and harmful in the long-run. A CBT may be a game changer, flexing muscles will only ruin it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine / Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.