Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room (31673 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by money121(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ok
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by chatinent: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
Una sha get USB cord baa?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MITCHELL96: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Youths of nowadays mehnnnn! 90% of them smokes

Well, smoke is one thing I will never do in this life, I neither smoke or drink alcohol.

4 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Goldbw122(m): 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
What this world have turn to something else..

Well advice him to admire that he is smoking this one that he is deny that he is not smoking is a very bad approach, because when he don't admit that he is not smoking, there is a problem..

So he just need someone to advice him and he should focus on studying and planning his life ahead...

Find out who he goes out with, a friend and check the type of friends that he moves with.. and that is when you will find solution for his problem.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by chloride6: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Make Una calm down..

If you guys make this a big issue, it will be a big issue..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:
How Can I Help My Brother Out Of This Mess

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?

Change his school

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Saao(m): 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
Tejumola856:
You no fit beat him?
lol my thought
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2022
Na bible studies and foundation class and choir practice and every activities wey dey inside church go help'm stop this ooh. If not, he will go back to it in a short time.. Go for good Pentecostal Church around you and let him start from there. Dunamis Church is okay!
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Noshitboi(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2022
Report him to mummy G. O
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2022
Awon eyan slawomirr

he must be a real nigga
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Henz81: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?
look for a nice cain and weep his ass. It's better to spare the child with the rod than to spare the rod and spoil the child.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nigga Cultivating grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MITCHELL96: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking

Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust

"Infact, I be exhaust" got me like.... grin grin grin grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Elidrisy20: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
I remember back in the days I used to smoke, influence of bad peer group, but thank God I'm no more a smoker, I quit voluntarily
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nozino: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2

Enroll him for waec this year. 16 is too old to be in secondary school.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by omoadeleye(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That's assault..stop acting that way aiit..

Assault ko Riffle ni
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by daytona007: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best

It enhance your mental strength...Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....

This slawormiir na b*stard o. LWKM. Person teenager.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2022

2 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by utinni(f): 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
He surely needs your prayers

2 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by elonmuskbaby: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That's assault..stop acting that way aiit..
that is not assault.that is correctional beating.the Bible says foolishness abideth in the heart of a child but the rod of correction (cane) will drive it out.a 16 year old is a minor and an underaged still regarded as a child.when you Beat the stupidity out of him,by himself he will loose cravings for anything cigarette
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by jadyclem(m): 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That's funny for an underage.. nothing to worry about tho cos it's part of growing up as a kid... wink wink
Smoking is not part of growing up! A teenager getting himself or herself entangled in social vices is not part of growing up. Such behaviour reflect lack of proper parental guidance or negative influence from peers. People don't outgrow negative behaviours, they sink deeper into it unless they are helped and they truly desire to stop it

6 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
Op the only thing that can stop him from such is.

1. Change his friends
2. Make him stop listening to rap music and entertaining himself and overindulging in pop culture.
3. Only him can make that decision ..

Courtesy

From a one-time hard smoker cool
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by KingsCorner(m): 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
At 16 only prayer can do something for him cause no matter the amount if advice nah wetin deh him mind he go do only a smarter way make una no find out....... Just pray and advice
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by orumba(m): 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
Separate him from friends
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by jadyclem(m): 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
I will advice you inform a psychotherapist and counsellor to work on him
Psychotherapist and counsellor for Nigeria! Since when? If na for abroad I for understand, but for naija ...abeg forget am joor!
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by smartasuen(m): 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

It enhance your mental strength...Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

Wrong advice! Worst advice! Terrible advice! Deadly advice! Harmful advice!

My brother, the ultimate way you can help him is to consistently and unrelentingly commit him unto the hands of God (via prayer and fasting) till there is a change. Don't stop advising him the best you can as well! It will end in praise.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by axeman10(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

If he could deny like that.. Then it is one of 2 things... It's either he will stop or he will continue.

In both scenarios, you and your mum will probably never catch him smoking again.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by cromz(m): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2022
You can’t control his smoking but you can regulate it. Also ensure he eats healthy. Put morals aside smoking isn’t a crime. Just try to curb excessive intake.

2 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Paulson2020(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
REAL NIGGA I dey with you on this one�
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2-Year-Old Baby Saves His Twin Brother From Death Miraculously (video) / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.