Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible (4899 Views)

Oyedepo’s Statement, Daddy Freeze’s Errors And Ibiyeomie’s Threat By Deji Yesufu / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2022
Jesus' story can't be fake, he exists.

Josephus Flavianum A. wrote about him, even mentioning Pilate Pilatus. So many historical writers of the Jewish and Roman culture wrote about him and some happenings around his existence, mostly how he died and his followers. It'd be a shame to declare the mythicism of Jesus around historians. There are hard facts, debunking Jesus as myth would mean debunking these historical writers and other materials concerning ancient history.
You'd look foolish to them.
Search up YouTube for Josephus Flavianum, Jerome, Babylonian Talmud, etc.
MaxInDHouse:

You will only continue running from one thread to another, but as far as Jesus is concerned you will never get anyone to debunk Jesus' story as fake! cheesy
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
You are a lazy researcher.
The Flavians never created the Jesus that we preach. A very lazy researcher.

MindHacker9000:

No where in the Old Testament did GOD promises to send HIS son to be crucified for our sins. GOD Forgave The People Of Nineveh Without Waiting For Jesus' Crucifixion. The Roman Royal family, The Flavians created the Jesus that is being preached today. Watch these well documented videos with historical records to find out for yourself.

Israel was a war zone during the time of Jesus till Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD as the Jews revolted against Roman occupation. Ask yourself why the capital of Christianity is in Rome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y741QbT1YEo

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
tctrills:

The bible is over 2000 years. It has gone from hand to hand before getting to us. Lots of editing and changes occurred. There are clearly many mistakes in the bible like the ones you stated but it also contains the words of God.

The bible says test all spirits.
This excuse can be made for any other religious book. So how do you determine that which is true?
If it's got errors and contradictions?
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
Greetings brother.
The Word "contradiction" shouldn't be used. Rather we see translation issues and readers' lack of contextual and exegetical reading.

This excuse can be used for any other religious book.
How then can you determine that which is true?
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus Christ didn't say he came to set people free from sin!

Adam's sin is his only. My sin is my sin! Even Jesus will carry his own cross!

How does this make sense to you?

What image of God is that and how do you describe it?

Why do you think Jesus came?
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

No where in the Old Testament did GOD promises to send HIS son to be crucified for our sins. GOD Forgave The People Of Nineveh Without Waiting For Jesus' Crucifixion. The Roman Royal family, The Flavians created the Jesus that is being preached today. Watch these well documented videos with historical records to find out for yourself.

Israel was a war zone during the time of Jesus till Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD as the Jews revolted against Roman occupation. Ask yourself why the capital of Christianity is in Rome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y741QbT1YEo

According to Paul, it was kept a secret so that it would not be prevented. 1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
Jesus' story can't be fake, he exists.

Josephus Flavianum A. wrote about him, even mentioning Pilate Pilatus. So many historical writers of the Jewish and Roman culture wrote about him and some happenings around his existence, mostly how he died and his followers. It'd be a shame to declare the mythicism of Jesus around historians. There are hard facts, debunking Jesus as myth would mean debunking these historical writers and other materials concerning ancient history.
You'd look foolish to them.
Search up YouTube for Josephus Flavianum, Jerome, Babylonian Talmud, etc.

Everything written in the Bible or other secular historians about Jesus of Nazareth are just like supporting additions, because the greatest evidence that the young man live and he's the greatest man who ever walked this planet is here today! smiley
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good question.
By the law of corroboration. That is, does any other material agree to this found material, and not just one agreeing but several other materials agreeing. Of course there'd be the element of "human", where certain evidences have slight changes in wordings, description of events etc, because these are just human beings writing, and different accounts.
It's a proven way of history. That's how we can all come to conclusion that an independence happened. That a world war 1 and 2 once happened even though most people were not born then.
Myer:

This excuse can be used for any other religious book.
How then can you determine that which is true?
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

You claim Jesus is the only begotten Son of God , yet Jesus said "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven." “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."
There was great distress in Judea till the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD. These were the events Jesus said will happen and immediately after these events He will return.
If you are not FAKE then you would have known that you're promoting a FAKE gospel

Jesus mentioned many things in that prophecy that never happen in the first century so he wasn't referring to the generation of people who stood there listening to him! wink
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2022
I don't know what you mean by the bolded, but the bible is what we have to know that he existed. Like the scriptures said, blessed are those that haven't seen yet believed. By this belief, we become witnesses by the indwelling of his spirit that He exists, He died and at that for the sins of men, He was buried, He rose, He was seen of men, He ascended to the father.

MaxInDHouse:

Everything written in the Bible or other secular historians about Jesus of Nazareth are just like supporting additions, because the greatest evidence that the young man live and he's the greatest man who ever walked this planet is here today! smiley
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by tctrills: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
Myer:

The bible says test all spirits.
This excuse can be made for any other religious book. So how do you determine that which is true?
If it's got errors and contradictions?
you answered your own question, Test all spirits. The Spirit of truth would teach you all things
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by AntiChristian: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Myer:

Why do you think Jesus came?

Same reason all Prophets came!

i.e. to warn the children of Israel to repent and to worship God alone in truth!
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
I don't know what you mean by the bolded, but the bible is what we have to know that he existed. Like the scriptures said, blessed are those that haven't seen yet believed. By this belief, we become witnesses by the indwelling of his spirit that He exists, He died and at that for the sins of men, He was buried, He rose, He was seen of men, He ascended to the father.

All what you're saying are found written in the book (Bible) just as so many other religious books have their own writings.
So we need greater evidence than writings in a book.

Jesus said so many things in that book and the fulfilment of those things makes him greater than any other person in the history of mankind!

That's why i said "everything written in the Bible and other secular historians are just like supporting additions" today we have the proof no one can dispute that Jesus is real!
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
Jesus fulfilled the role of prophets, in that he prophesied, performed miracles, was God's representative on earth. But he didn't call himself a prophet, and was very much different from the prophets, he claimed to be the Son of God. No prophet ever made such claim to themselves.

Matthew 16:13-17 KJV
When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

He even claimed to have existed before Abraham.
John 8 vs 58

Common sense should help us even, I mean, all the prophets in the bible prophesied about the Messiah, who'd come out from the Davidic line. Why would they(all of them) prophesy about another prophet, no. They prophesied about someone greater than a prophet.
AntiChristian:

Same reason all Prophets came!

i.e. to warn the children of Israel to repent and to worship God alone in truth!
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Jman24(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
Jesus fulfilled the role of prophets, in that he prophesied, performed miracles, was God's representative on earth. But he didn't call himself a prophet, and was very much different from the prophets, he claimed to be the Son of God. No prophet ever made such claim to themselves.

Matthew 16:13-17 KJV
When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

He even claimed to have existed before Abraham.
John 8 vs 58

Common sense should help us even, I mean, all the prophets in the bible prophesied about the Messiah, who'd come out from the Davidic line. Why would they(all of them) prophesy about another prophet, no. They prophesied about someone greater than a prophet.

The problem with you religious folk,
You take things too literal. grin I have come across so many people including you who were named sons of god. So what's so special about saying flesh and blood has not revealed it to you?

If you noticed the reply of previous people, they modelled biblical Jesus as another servant of god when he should have been modelled as his own self ( son of god) . The writer probably projected biblical peter and Jesus as people who promote self esteem.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by kingxsamz(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
Steep:
before Gen 6vv6 something entered God's creation which is sin.

God does not dwell in darkness rather psalm 18:11, 97 is metaphorically referring to the mystery of God's presence.

God does not try to know man's heart rather he tries and searched out his heart, which means he expose and judge the heart of man.

non of this scriptures says God is unjust.

If you are talking of jahpeth, God never command him neither did scripture say God received it, there is no where in the bible where God commanded human sacrifice, God forbade it in Israel.
Isaac was never sacrificed, it was a test to Abraham.

God didn't lie, the spirit of lie that came up was an evil spirit, God permitted the evil spirit to decieve Ahab because Ahab loved false prophecies, God himself revealed the truth to Micah to tell Ahab that it was the spirit of lie that influenced the false prophets.

Christ never used sword, Jesus telling his disciples to get a sword was symbolical.

matt6:5-6 was referring to private prayer not public prayer.

Adultery is not allowed, but an adulterer can be forgiven if he or she confesses and turn away from it.

Jesus went into Galilee many times both before John was sent to prison and after he was arrested

I hope these help you

Okay bros. How about this?
Let me see the excuse you'll come up with. grin

Exodus 20:13
Thou shalt not kill.

1 Samuel 15:3
Go and attack the Amalekites and completely destroy everything they have. Don't leave a thing; kill all the men, women, children, and babies; the cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”

2 Likes

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2022
StJohnofChrist:
You are a lazy researcher.
[s]The Flavians never created the Jesus that we preach. A very lazy researcher. [/s]

You don't even know the meaning of researcher.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Jman24(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
kingxsamz:

Thou shalt not kill.

Go and attack the Amalekites and completely destroy everything they have. Don't leave a thing; kill all the men, women, children, and babies; the cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”

grin
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

You don't even know the meaning of researcher.
Keep searching for believers in your story! cheesy

Romans conquered Israel and destroyed Jerusalem so how can they now logical do you think it sounds saying the conqueror created a God to be worshiped in the name of the nation they destroyed (conquered)

Even the most stupid person on this planet will laugh at such idea! grin
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by advocatejare(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
AntiChristian:
Damojoy Make i go call the Christian brothers to come explain ds for us!

Rosement, MaxInDHouse, achorladey, Myer, antiislam, advocatejare, rightchannel, Hashabiah, Obelemy, Originakalokalo, Kobojunkie, true2god, thorpido, malvisguy212, Agbegbaorogboye, okeyglm, Dtruthspeaker, tsinzu, innotutorial, zoer, Steep, Hendtime, truthissupreme, dstvee, jesusjnr2020, lesbiconverter, trutht828, Enilove, sagenaija, Righteousness2
Focus on the Quran, you have many contradictions to deal with therein like the ones in the screenshots below

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by advocatejare(m): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Steep:
before Gen 6vv6 something entered God's creation which is sin.

God does not dwell in darkness rather psalm 18:11, 97 is metaphorically referring to the mystery of God's presence.

God does not try to know man's heart rather he tries and searched out his heart, which means he expose and judge the heart of man.

non of this scriptures says God is unjust.

If you are talking of jahpeth, God never command him neither did scripture say God received it, there is no where in the bible where God commanded human sacrifice, God forbade it in Israel.
Isaac was never sacrificed, it was a test to Abraham.

God didn't lie, the spirit of lie that came up was an evil spirit, God permitted the evil spirit to decieve Ahab because Ahab loved false prophecies, God himself revealed the truth to Micah to tell Ahab that it was the spirit of lie that influenced the false prophets.

Christ never used sword, Jesus telling his disciples to get a sword was symbolical.

matt6:5-6 was referring to private prayer not public prayer.

Adultery is not allowed, but an adulterer can be forgiven if he or she confesses and turn away from it.

Jesus went into Galilee many times both before John was sent to prison and after he was arrested

I hope these help you
I wish I could like this a billion times. Kudos bro
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Steep(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
kingxsamz:

Thou shalt not kill.

1 Samuel 15:3 is God bringing retribution upon the amelekites it has nothing to do with Exodus 20:13.

God can destroy a nation if they depart from righteousness.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep searching for believers in your story! cheesy

Romans conquered Israel and destroyed Jerusalem so how can they now logical do you think it sounds saying the conqueror created a God to be worshiped in the name of the nation they destroyed (conquered)

Even the most stupid person on this planet will laugh at such idea! grin

No wonder you're the only one laughing.

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
No. It was critical, every word Jesus said.
By Peter answering in such a way, he affirms his faith in the Messiahship of Jesus. That's why Jesus would say the father hath revealed such to him because he believed in the Messiahship of Jesus.
Jman24:

The problem with you religious folk,
You take things too literal. grin I have come across so many people including you who were named sons of god. So what's so special about saying flesh and blood has not revealed it to you?

If you noticed the reply of previous people, they modelled biblical Jesus as another servant of god when he should have been modelled as his own self ( son of god) . The writer probably projected biblical peter and Jesus as people who promote self esteem.
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
Myer:

No wonder you're the only one laughing.
Thank you Mr Born Again Atheist! wink
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Myer(m): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Thank you Mr Born Again Atheist! wink

E pain am. cheesy grin
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
Pẹ̀lẹ́! grin

Myer:

E pain am. cheesy grin
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Jman24(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
Steep:

1 Samuel 15:3 is God bringing retribution upon the amelekites it has nothing to do with Exodus 20:13.

So God can use people to kill other wicked people and it's okay by him?

1 Like

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by kingxsamz(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
Steep:

grin grin grin
I didn't say it had anything to do with it.
I'm asking, why does Exodus say "Thou shall not kill",only for the Christian god to order men to kill innocent children? Isn't that a contradiction? Or you want to lie to yourself?

It's like saying "Thou shall not engage in human sacrifices" only for the Christian god to command people to carry out human sacrifices.
It's like saying "thou shall not rape", only for the Christian god to command men to rape children. Please do justice to my question. Thank you. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2022
kingxsamz:
grin grin grin
I didn't say it had anything to do with it.
1. Why did Exodus say "Thou shall not kill",only for the Christian god to order men to kill innocent children? Isn't that a contradiction? Or you want to lie to yourself?

2. It's like saying "Thou shall not engage in human sacrifices" only for the Christian god to command people to carry out human sacrifices.
It's like saying "thou shall not rape", only for the Christian god to command men to rape children. Please do justice to my question. Thank you. cheesy
Not trying to hold brief for the other one whom you responded to, but to answer your question..

1. "Thou shall not kill", was given by God at the individual level to the people of Israel. However, where is concerned the running of the nation- constitution and legal system - God gave permission for the killing of those considered criminal by the law, and those who were enemies of Israel. undecided

2. Where exactly did the "Christian" God command the sacrificing of humans or the raping of individuals abeg? undecided
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by kingxsamz(m): 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:

1. "Thou shall not kill", was given by God at the individual level to the people of Israel. However, where is concerned the running of the nation- constitution and legal system -
If the law was meant only for the Israelites, was it okay for people to kill in other places? Was it acceptable by the Christian god for other nations to kill? Let us know.
God gave permission for the killing of those considered criminal by the law, and those who were enemies of Israel. undecided

Going by your logic, so the Christian god can also give men the permission to rape children as a form of punishment?
Also, tell us, logically, how is an infant guilty of a crime it knows nothing about?

2. Where exactly did the "Christian" God command the sacrificing of humans or the raping of individuals abeg? undecided

I was giving an analogy. You would have understood if you actually read carefully.
Also, we know the case of Jephthah who promised the Christian god a human sacrifice if his wish could be granted. And the Christian god granted his request without rebutting him for trying to bribe him with human sacrifice. So...
Re: Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible by Steep(m): 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
Jman24:

So God can use people to kill other wicked people and it's okay by him?

when Judges sentences murderers to death, is it is OK for executioners to carry out the murder?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Diego Simeone; Torres And The Big Lesson. / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Hate The King James Version / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.