Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Is It Inappropriate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Inappropriate? (1033 Views)

10 Inappropriate Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do / It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry / Inappropriate Touching In A Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Inappropriate? by LordReed(m): 6:12am On Jun 19, 2011
I went to see a female friend at night and stayed from 8:00PM to about 10:15PM. She is single and stays alone however I am not romantically or sexually involved with her even though I did have a crush on her one time but now we are just good friends.

However my SO raised an eyebrow over it and it got me thinking if my actions were improper.

What do you think? Do you have friends like that? Would you think your partner is cheating if he/she told you such?
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 19, 2011
You mentioned on your post that you had crush on her? just a crush and nothing happened? if nothing went down initially then I don't see any inappropriate blunt about your closeness with her.

But if you ask me I would say the only inappropriate  thing there is your mind, kinda dirty  undecided
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by LordReed(m): 6:26am On Jun 19, 2011
Wow you saw dirt on my mind from my post? Ain't you misreading it just a lil bit?

Anyways the main gist is the time spent. Was it too late and/or too much?
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 6:27am On Jun 19, 2011
Lord Reed,

How you think I got knocked up? That was inappropriate. angry cry
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 6:31am On Jun 19, 2011
Lord Reed!

I got a question for you.

I went to a social the other day and there is this one guy who my friend been eying for some time but comes to find out the guy doesn't want HER but he is seeking MY attention and made references to my BACKYARD if you can get the gist.

I simply told him that there is someone who is UNATTACHED that is interested in him and wants to get to know him. Do you think I acted inappropriately by "introducing" him to the girl without the girl's permission?

I was trying to keep him from being chopped by Mister and defuse the situation.
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 19, 2011
smh
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 19, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Wow you saw dirt on my mind from my post? Ain't you misreading it just a lil bit?

Anyways the main gist is the time spent. Was it too late and/or too much?

You missed out a line. . nvm anyways
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 6:43am On Jun 19, 2011
Hissssssssss and Masheeeew
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 19, 2011
Have a comfortable sit on my middle finger undecided
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 6:47am On Jun 19, 2011
Too small. tongue
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by LordReed(m): 6:50am On Jun 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Lord Reed!

I got a question for you.

I went to a social the other day and there is this one guy who my friend been eying for some time but comes to find out the guy doesn't want HER but he is seeking MY attention and made references to my BACKYARD if you can get the gist.

I simply told him that there is someone who is UNATTACHED that is interested in him and wants to get to know him. Do you think I acted inappropriately by "introducing" him to the girl without the girl's permission?

I was trying to keep him from being chopped by Mister and defuse the situation.

Nope it wasn't as long as you didn't give him her phone number.

So what do you think, was the time I spent there inappropriate?
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 6:55am On Jun 19, 2011
It was the hours. If you visited her during the day time it would have been more appropriate.
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 19, 2011
Smh how would u be asking if time spent is inappropriate? were you chained to stay that long?  undecided
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 19, 2011
As long as she is single, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Lord Reed, your self, you are quite a gentleman eh you didn't do anything? You didn't even kiss her? lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2011
Wifey!

He didn't have to kiss her! She was not his girlfriend. He did right not to do anything especially when there isn't anything to it. He may have a crush on her but once he crossed that line it becomes murky waters. He did right.

Lord Reed, if you sent a wrong message of something you have no intent of doing it could cause issues in the future. Just be concise to what you want and stick with it behavior wise.
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by LordReed(m): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2011
rokiatu:

As long as she is single, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Lord Reed, your self, you are quite a gentleman eh you didn't do anything? You didn't even kiss her? lipsrsealed

LoL. Nope not even.

REALITY101:

Smh how would u be asking if time spent is inappropriate? were you chained to stay that long?  undecided

Dude do you even have friends?
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Wifey!

H[b]e didn't have to kiss her! She was not his girlfriend.[/b] He did right not to do anything especially when there isn't anything to it. He may have a crush on her but once he crossed that line it becomes murky waters. He did right.

Lord Reed, if you sent a wrong message of something you have no intent of doing it could cause issues in the future. Just be concise to what you want and stick with it behavior wise.
Don't you think a kiss would have taken him forward to that line? tongue grin Women are  mysterious creatures you know. Maybe she like him too but she want him to make the first move.

If I may ask a question, what was he doing with a girl who is not his gf at that time alone? She allowed it offcourse.
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2011
Hmm. You have a point wifey.

Lord Reed, do you want to take it to the next step with the girl in question?
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MrsChima(f): 7:05am On Jun 19, 2011
Damn gotta go!

Hold that thought until later!
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by LordReed(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Wifey!  

He didn't have to kiss her!  She was not his girlfriend.  He did right not to do anything especially when there isn't anything to it.  He may have a crush on her but once he crossed that line it becomes murky waters.  He did right.  

Lord Reed, if you sent a wrong message of something you have no intent of doing it could cause issues in the future.  Just be concise to what you want and stick with it behavior wise.  
Yep I agree which is why I am concerned with it. I don't want any wrong message either to her or my SO.

Mrs.Chima:

Hmm.  You have a point wifey.  

Lord Reed, do you want to take it to the next step with the girl in question?

No way!!!

rokiatu:

Don't you think a kiss would have taken him forward to that line? tongue grin Women are  mysterious creatures you know. Maybe she like him too but she want him to make the first move.

If I may ask a question, what was he doing with a girl who is not his gf at that time alone? She allowed it offcourse.

We feel comfortable enough in our friendship to visit at time especially cos of work however I ain't looking for anything more I already got it.  wink

As for her maybe you're right who knows? But she knows am off limits.
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by Mynd44: 7:33am On Jun 19, 2011
@OP, except she is complaining, it ia appropiate
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by toyemz(f): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2011
@poster

what does SO mean?
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by BABE3: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2011
^^ Significant Other-
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by toyemz(f): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2011
^^^
thanks
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by toyemz(f): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2011
@poster

hmmm now i see where the problem lies
think of it this way,
if you both of you had been single and were very good close friends with no strings attached ,then there's nothing wrong
but in this instance you are not.
personally i think that visit at that time was too late,especially on your own if you had gone with your other half,then its in order
( even if nothing happened)
and it does seem your SO is uncomfortable with it, so next time let 8 pm be your departure time
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by iice(f): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2011
I have friends like that. Drove my ex nuts grin grin
Personally, i won't be that bothered. If i know who you are. . .it wouldn't be an issue. Although knowing a bit about her wouldn't hurt.
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2011
@topic

i don't think its a problem but if your SO has an issue with it then she takes priority. do what is best for your relationship, undecided
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by RuuDie(m): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2011
@ lord Reed,

Its not so much about the time of day ~ but about the amount of time y'all spend together. The longer you are around the more likely it is for s**t to go down!

Its a very thin line my man. . . . .& sometimes you cross it without knowing when or how; even both eyes open!
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by snthesis(m): 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
OP- u deserve some kudos -alone with a chic- late @ night, and nothing happened- abeg wu is your yoga teacher - i need to learn some mind over matter shiitz grin grin
Re: Is It Inappropriate? by MRBrownJ: 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2011
@poster
there are few points that you need to clear:
- what kind of r/ship you got with your SO? if you know that she doesnt FULLY trust you then i suggest you keep these meetings in public places during day time.

- what kind of life do you see for the future with your SO? if any friend of yours that is good looking is automatically viewed as a threat to her then you need to reassess this r/ship OR only get FUGLY/MARRIED friends.

- why dont you bring your SO along next time? at least if they know each other better, she may feel less threatened by her.

- answer this question truthfully: would you hit that if she offered?! if you had a crush on this friend before then chances are that you wont be strong enough to turn the toto away, IF (and thats a big if) it ever comes to this. so you might as well walk away from it now for the good of your r/ship. we all know how powerful some totos are!!!!!

- why do you ask US if YOU did something wrong? if you truly feel that you didnt do anything wrong then, you shouldnt ask us for our views but rather, explain to your SO why you firmly believe that you didnt do anything wrong.

as for me, yes i have a bunch of friends like that, sometimes we cross the line with innocent kisses/touches etc (but no sex) and thats where i draw the line. the CATCH is i know i didnt do anything wrong . . . . . . . . . . . but deep down i know that the minute i would be single, i would bust these asses!

i dont mind that my gf has such friends, so long as she doesnt cross the line. hey, whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

(1) (Reply)

Bb Romance / One Last Breath(missing You) / Guys: Would You Date A She/male?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.