Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? (5250 Views)

Young Africa Is Looking Towards Russia / Governor Uzodimma Dissolves Expanded Exco Of SA's And SSA's / The West Have No retaliatory Chip Unless War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
ruggedtimi:
read my first comment again...this time slowly.
How do you want me to put this for you? No US aircrafts carried out strikes on Berlin. Is that okay now?
No us airplane went close to Berlin.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

How do you want me to put this for you? No US aircrafts carried out strikes on Berlin. Is that okay now?
No us airplane went close to Berlin.
lol!! Then you ain't informed. U.s airforce bombed berlin for 36days and it ended a day before the red army Invaded Berlin.

2 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
ruggedtimi:
lol!! Then you ain't informed. U.s airforce bombed berlin for 36days and it ended a day before the red army Invaded Berlin.
Since you're informed, tell me who informed you. Did you read it in a book, or you watched it in a documentary?.... I want to knw
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Gadafii: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
The Soviets couldn't have won the war without the help of the west, even great Britain, after the rains of bomb Hitler delivered on London and other strategic cities couldn't wage an all out war against Germany, the great Britain was merely defending it territories.

While the German was sweeping thru Europe, especially in France, British soldiers sent there to help stopped Hitler were all nearly killed in Dunkirk, after the fall of France, they had to be ferried out of France hurriedly, Hitler had the man power, the machine and the spirit of motherland in his soldiers, he could have won the war, but poor military calculation, lack of fuel, and constant interference mared his missions in Soviet Union.

Stalin did a wonderful job stopping Hitler just some kilometers from Stalingrad, but he has technically overpowers by Hitler, because as at then, Hitler had more technically advanced weapon than any nation, they had the tiger tank, the Panthers etc, these tanks were beats, only the US something close.

And lastly, thru lend lease, the US shipped thousands of war crafts, grains etc to Russia, to help them in their campaign against the axis, when Hitler was finally defeated in the battle of the bulge.
The war was both won by the Soviet and the west, but the Us played more vital roles in the war

2 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by thundafire: 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mangekyo:
Would the west have had the audacity to move an Inch towards russia if Joseph Stalin was still alive? The current Russian strongman, Vladimir Putin is a hard man no doubt but he's child when. compared to Stalin; the man who dealt with Hitler and his lapdogs and still went on to end the world War 2. grin

Would they have contemplated taking actions that could provoke and undermine the security of the Russian people if Stalin was still alive today?

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif
this man was a beast and when he was dying even his lieutenants refused helping him. He had an agenda to kill them too and his death brought peace even though damage has been done already. If he was alive even till 70s I doubt countries like USA and Russia wouldn't exist again because of nuke battles
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by eyiolarhomisore: 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
thundafire:
this man was a beast and when he was dying even his lieutenants refused helping him. He had an agenda to kill them too and his death brought peace even though damage has been done already. If he was alive even till 70s I doubt countries like USA and Russia wouldn't exist again because of nuke battles
False! His lieutenants did not refuse to help as he was already lying dead on the floor at his dacha at kuntsevo before the politburo members were summoned by his house keeper to have a look at him. His lieutenants Molotov,bulganin,kaganovich,malenkov as well as the betrayers Khrushchev and Beria came with a doctor who officially pronounced him dead in 1953
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Conner44: 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
heniford2:
Adult that are supposed to have been adult do not masturbate on old stuff trying to create an imaginary stuff which kids are meant to imagine grin mumu

The op and the alt monika just wrote jamb last year

The worst thing is that he didn’t pass the exam undecided
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by achi4u(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
ruggedtimi:
asked what happened at the battle of Stalingrad
Stalingrad was the turning point for the USSR.
The red Army was very stubborn wherever they pitch they tenets.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Idiko1: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mangekyo:
Would the west have had the audacity to move an Inch towards russia if Joseph Stalin was still alive? The current Russian strongman, Vladimir Putin is a hard man no doubt but he's child when. compared to Stalin; the man who dealt with Hitler and his lapdogs and still went on to end the world War 2. grin

Would they have contemplated taking actions that could provoke and undermine the security of the Russian people if Stalin was still alive today?

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif

Would he have survived Hitler without the west?
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by thundafire: 10:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
eyiolarhomisore:

False! His lieutenants did not refuse to help as he was already lying dead on the floor at his dacha at kuntsevo before the politburo members were summoned by his house keeper to have a look at him. His lieutenants Molotov,bulganin,kaganovich,malenkov as well as the betrayers Khrushchev and Beria came with a doctor who officially pronounced him dead in 1953
watch Smithsonian channel or History channels on DSTV and hear documentaries.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Blazebond(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
The U.S.A won world war 2 with their allies,the soviet are shit heads whom have never won any major wars that they have fought,weather and the U.S.A played a major role in the survival of the soviets,the nazis alone crushed the soviets up to their capital,the biggest mistake of the nazis was the attack of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese,that was the game changer that brought the U.S.A into active combat. China and Russia think they can win a Third World War,they will be in for a shocker this time around,they have no allies and will never have. A war is coming,and Nigeria will do well to pick an ally now,and Russia and China ain’t the allies that Nigeria needs because they (China and Russia) will lose the war.

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Blazebond(m): 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
The U.S.A was fighting the nazis and the Japanese,while the big-mouthed Soviet’s only had to deal with the nazis,the Soviet’s couldn’t stop the sweeping of their territory by the nazis,they cowardly ran away from major battles in the then Soviet unions and only fought back when the nazis got to present day Russia,all the Russians know how to do is to hype themselves.the Chinese of today are like the Japanese of then,and the mad Russians you see today are like the mad nazis of then,what happened to those nations in the past will happen to China and Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by tutudesz: 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mangekyo:

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif
Stalin ended world war grin
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by tutudesz: 11:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
Blazebond:
The U.S.A won world war 2 with their allies,the soviet are shit heads whom have never won any major wars that they have fought,weather and the U.S.A played a major role in the survival of the soviets,the nazis alone crushed the soviets up to their capital,the biggest mistake of the nazis was the attack of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese,that was the game changer that brought the U.S.A into active combat. China and Russia think they can win a Third World War,they will be in for a shocker this time around,they have no allies and will never have. A war is coming,and Nigeria will do well to pick an ally now,and Russia and China ain’t the allies that Nigeria needs because they (China and Russia) will lose the war.
Without D-Day and dropping atomic bomb, Russia would've been part of Germany by now.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by tutudesz: 11:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Since you're informed, tell me who informed you. Did you read it in a book, or you watched it in a documentary?.... I want to knw
Guy make your research 1st before attacking others.

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ednut1(m): 12:01am On Jan 20, 2022
Mangekyo:

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif
the western allies saved his ass with supplies and materials. If not hitler would have destroyed him

3 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Mcxtraglitz: 12:24am On Jan 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

My brother, you are very very right, infact 100% right. What I do not agree with you is that Germany would have defeated the USSR had they not received the food and other materials from the USA. It is false!

The Germans had burnt many farmlands in USSR to the ground so starvation was going on. But food were still being produced and because of the small quantity of the food produced, the mostly went to the soldiers and workers like those manufacturing tanks, artillery, plans and other military hardwares. Civilians had just little to eat and were dying.

So, if they hadn't received those food from the USA, propably a few more million civilians would've died. But it would've had no impact on the soldiers who were fed to carry out their duties. They would've still won but with more civilian casualties.

Also, don't make it look like the USA was doing all that because they wanted to help. No, they weren't. Haven't you heard people saying USA loves war as it's the perfect opportunity to sell their products? I bet you have?

All what they distributed to their allies weren't for free! I bet you think they were.
All those goods they distributed to the USSR, Britain etc were expected to be paid for after the war. Britain paid most of theirs not too long ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6215847.stm#:~:text=Britain%20will%20settle%20its%20World,of%2050%20instalments%20since%201950.

Ussr paid half but have settled with the USA in other ways https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/1985/0703/elend-f.html

So, would you say the USA helped Ussr with something they payed or PURCHASED with their own money?

I second your opinion, my too realistic mind will not allow me to believe that any state was willing to help during the war free of charge.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Detuner: 12:55am On Jan 20, 2022
ruggedtimi:
general Eisenhower had no interest in invading berlin by ground invasion. Rather u s airforce bombarded Berlin for 36days non stop and it ended a day before the battle of Berlin began with the red army carrying out a ground invasion of Berlin...You should know that the red army fought a weaker waffen SS and German army.

Was it not the Red Army that handed the Nazi their first defeat in Operation Barborossa?

Was it not also the Red army that destroyed the strongest German Army and division; Army Group B and the 6th Panzer, in Stalingrad ?

Fact is, no nation contributed more to the defeat of Nazi Germany than Russia. US and British contributions are meagre and overrated by hollywood and western propaganda. The number of Russians that died during the siege of Leningrad alone, are more than the number of US and British deaths combined throughout the war. It was russia that single handedly wiped out the core of the German Army (Army Group A, B and C) in Battle of Kurtz, Stalingrad, and liberation of Leningrad, while British and US where dragging there feets about opening a second front, to "easen" the burden on Russia. Even Stalin was pissed-off and couldnt hide his frustration on why the allies for conveniently dragging its feets, at the detriment of russian lives. By the time the so-called allied invasion of Normandy occured, the Russians have successfully wiped out the core of the German Army. Sending a Nazi soldier to the russian front was every Nazi soldiers worst nightmare.

Fact is, it was Russia that did the bulk of the fighting with the Nazis, British and US just rode the wave thereafter. Infact, Neither British nor US posed a significant threat to Hitler. Hitler's biggest obstacle was Russia. He knew all he had to do was defeat russia; US and Britain would come to the negotiating table as France did. For he knows, unlike Russia, huge lost of lives would create great political turmoil in those two countries. And he's right. Had US or Britain lost a quarter of lives Russia lost, both countries would have waved the white flag or disintegrated. The fact that Communist russia saved "Democracy" from Nazi Germany is still a bitter pill to swallow. Hence, through propaganda and hollywood, US, British, and the "free world" contributions were grossly exaggerated, at the expense of Communist Russia.

3 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 1:40am On Jan 20, 2022
Detuner:

Was it not the Red Army that handed the Nazi their first defeat in Operation Barborossa?

Was it not also the Red army that destroyed the strongest German Army and division; Army Group B and the 6th Panzer, in Stalingrad ?

Fact is, no nation contributed more to the defeat of Nazi Germany than Russia. US and British contributions are meagre and overrated by hollywood and western propaganda. The number of Russians that died during the siege of Leningrad alone, are more than the number of US and British deaths combined throughout the war. It was russia that single handedly wiped out the core of the German Army (Army Group A, B and C) in Battle of Kurtz, Stalingrad, and liberation of Leningrad, while British and US where dragging there feets about opening a second front, to "easen" the burden on Russia. Even Stalin was pissed-off and couldnt hide his frustration on why the allies for conveniently dragging its feets, at the detriment of russian lives. By the time the so-called allied invasion of Normandy occured, the Russians have successfully wiped out the core of the German Army. Sending a Nazi soldier to the russian front was every Nazi soldiers worst nightmare.

Fact is, it was Russia that did the bulk of the fighting with the Nazis, British and US just rode the wave thereafter. Infact, Neither British nor US posed a significant threat to Hitler. Hitler's biggest obstacle was Russia. He knew all he had to do was defeat russia; US and Britain would come to the negotiating table as France did. For he knows, unlike Russia, huge lost of lives would create great political turmoil in those two countries. And he's right. Had US or Britain lost a quarter of lives Russia lost, both countries would have waved the white flag or disintegrated. The fact that Communist russia saved "Democracy" from Nazi Germany is still a bitter pill to swallow. Hence, through propaganda and hollywood, US, British, and the "free world" contributions were grossly exaggerated, at the expense of Communist Russia.

liberation of Leningrad, battle of Stalingrad and battle of kurtz were all fought on the eastern front in Russia. The German army and waffen SS were on the offensive. The German Luftwaffe couldn't defeat the British royal air force in the battle of great Britain, the u.s navy and royal navy fought against the popular German U boats in the battle of the Atlantic. Do you want to talk about the u.s fighting against the imperial army and navy of Japan in the battle of Okinawa and pearl harbor. The u.s army ,u.s navy, royal air force and royal navy fought several lesser known battles against the German army both in north Africa and Asia. If not for the u.s navy the Germans had already blocked food supply to the Russians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Cholls(m): 1:47am On Jan 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

my brother for me he is not far from what happened... And for me I don't listen to history from news Media propaganda...there are achive documents to learn from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Samuelkirk(m): 4:30am On Jan 20, 2022
bjdon:
Stalin is actually overrated. He made a lot of disatrous mistakes in the early days of WW2 which lead to the death/caputure of milions of Soviet troops. He was so paronoid and distrustful that he either arrested or killed most of the USSR's best commanders, that by the time the war started they only had loyal but incompetent generals in charge.
It was only when the USSR was on the verge of total defeat that he allowed his good generals like Marshal Zukov take control of the situation and being the counter offenses that drove back the Germans.
you truly know history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by joyandfaith: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

I just told that you that the American forces were nowhere near Berlin. grin anyway, let me just assume youre right. Give me the source you hot this from... Or book.... Or Documentary let me go through

No where in the land or air?. Even Russia acknowledged role of US support in Berlin victory.
Mind you US and allies fought in many fronts-north Africa, Pacific, Asia and Europe against Germany. USSR fought only in Eastern Europe.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Boss469(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2022
The biggest threat to Russia is democracy

Na wetin scatter Soviet Union and na wetin go free Russians
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 9:22am On Jan 20, 2022
joyandfaith:

No where in the land or air?. Even Russia acknowledged role of US support in Berlin victory.
Mind you US and allies fought in many fronts-north Africa, Pacific, Asia and Europe against Germany. USSR fought only in Eastern Europe.
Are you mentally disabled? If you aren't, then please give me sources for these incorrect claims you're making.

USSR faught ww2 for 4 consecutive years, no rest. USA joined the war the year that it ended, expanding their well rested troops to assists people that have already started winning and you want to brag about it? Get some shame. Their so called allies in great Britain were getting bombarded by the Nazis in London, yet they couldn't send troops.

BTW, it was even the USSR that pushed the Japanese to surrender, not the USA and their nuclear bomb as you lots try to make it look. When USSR declared war against the Japanese after they dealt with Hitler, fear gripped Suzuki and he had to surrender immediately because red army troops were already advancing to Tokyo. Something the almighty USA couldn't do
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2022
Cholls:
my brother for me he is not far from what happened... And for me I don't listen to history from news Media propaganda...there are achive documents to learn from
Let me have those documents

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2022
tutudesz:

Guy make your research 1st before attacking others.
Don't you guys read for Christ's sake? Did I say USA troops didn't enter Germany? No.
I said Stalin told General zhukov that allied troops were going to Berlin and for zhukov to make sure that they're the ones that gets there first. Allied troops were in Germany but nowhere near Berlin. Zhukov had troops round Berlin to shut them out. They took Berlin by themselves, not with the help of anyone, as yall claim

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Quiny32323: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2022
Stalin and Russias obsolete ammunitions where no match to Hitler's arsenals believe me, so many things contributed to the nazi loosing, you must also admit that Soviet union recorded the highest number of casualties during the war.

* the winter, war fatigue and the fact that nazis where fighting at different fronts where the ultimate cause of nazis losing the war. The germans where really smart,intelligent and vicious soldiers with their top notch arsenals. Talk about the u boat, their fighter jets and tanks where on another level.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Quiny32323: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Are you mentally disabled? If you aren't, then please give me sources for these incorrect claims you're making.

USSR faught ww2 for 4 consecutive years, no rest. USA joined the war the year that it ended, expanding their well rested troops to assists people that have already started winning and you want to brag about it? Get some shame. Their so called allies in great Britain were getting bombarded by the Nazis in London, yet they couldn't send troops.

BTW, it was even the USSR that pushed the Japanese to surrender, not the USA and their nuclear bomb as you lots try to make it look. When USSR declared war against the Japanese after they dealt with Hitler, fear gripped Suzuki and he had to surrender immediately because red army troops were already advancing to Tokyo. Something the almighty USA couldn't do

Dont read from one source, russia didn't push the Japanese anywhere. The same russia that sign a peace pact with japan in 1941 couldn't have pushed japan to surrender, was more of a proxy war. Japan was overwhelmed by the usa nuclear bomb and the destruction of one of their biggest war ship by the americans and if not that the Japanese over estimated their power by attacking the pearl harbour, they would have routed russia out of south east asia or anywhere close to asia.japan was another power to behold but like the nazis where intoxicated with power n where over ambitious also.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by tutudesz: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Don't you guys read for Christ's sake? Did I say USA troops didn't enter Germany? No.
I said Stalin told General zhukov that allied troops were going to Berlin and for zhukov to make sure that they're the ones that gets there first. Allied troops were in Germany but nowhere near Berlin. Zhukov had troops round Berlin to shut them out. They took Berlin by themselves, not with the help of anyone, as yall claim
They took Berlin by themselves America and allied troops attacks was the reason Berlin was easy to capture, don't forget even senior Nazi officers were already planning to surrender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Idiko1: 10:09am On Jan 20, 2022
Detuner:

It was mother nature and pressure exerted on the Nazi from the western front which saved St Petersburg. Russia was like Poland and other fallen European countries which could not withstand the speed of technologically advanced Nazi forces.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by bjdon: 10:21am On Jan 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

USSR wasn't actually ready when Hitler attacked. Stalin knew and tried to negotiate with him but Hitler told him that it was already too late as he had moved his troops from Britain to the borders of USSR. It was silly on Stalins part to be unprepared Sha. Anyway, once they got their shit together, they turned the tide and beat them out of Soviet Union.

Very true. The Bravery and sheer commitment they showed in the battle of Stalingard is the stuff of legend!
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2022
tutudesz:

They took Berlin by themselves America and allied troops attacks was the reason Berlin was easy to capture, don't forget even senior Nazi officers were already planning to surrender.
Soviet troops outnumbered the Nazis 4 to 1. The Nazis were so out of manpower that they even forced old man to take up arms. The red army had them by their balls. Alied troops being in Germany or not had no effect.
Red army won the Nazis single handedly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Among Highest Bribe Payers In The World / Unknown Drone Crashes In Ibadan (Picture) / Child opens door when parents were having sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.