Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 (29749 Views)

Pharaohs Afraid Of ‘Black Magic' Ahead Of Eagles Clash / Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team / Super Eagles Team Jet Out In Style To London. See List Of 25 Man Squad. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by bong4(m): 5:22am On Jan 20, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

They are good but can NEVER even be on the level of 1994.

Yekini Amokachi Finidi George in the attack

Okocha, Oliseh, Adepoju Midfield

Thompson Oliha or Chidi Nwanu as Libero

Okechukwu, Iroha, Eguavoen at the back

Rufai in goal....

Only Moses Simeon can make the substitute bench. We never got a 9 like Yekini, a 7 like Finidi or a 10 like Okocha. No one close!

Simon can be included in the '94 team if he stops being selfish upfront.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by bong4(m): 5:24am On Jan 20, 2022
Semaj77:

You'll know he's an indomie generation if he can compare the 94 Eagles with this current crop of players , they aren't even as good as the 96 Golden Eaglets

Atlanta 96 Olympics Dream Team you meant to say?
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Munamu: 5:25am On Jan 20, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

I swear I know nothing about 1994
But as far as this nations cup 2022 is concerned
I can say Iheanacho my niggar
Senior man for a reason

Moses Simon my niggar...

Not until he scored that first goal.....umar sadiq was almost one hell of a useless niggar

We are grabbing this damnnn trophy

Because we are the real niggarz of Africa

Wow! Eagle 94. The best squad Nigeria ever had. I don't think there could ever be a complete team like it.And you know what? They didn't do it for money.
Please let me take you down the memory lane. After winning the AFCON that year, Nigeria was the cynosure of all during the world cup. Our ever first attempt at the world cup! The team won its first match against Bulgaria (3-0) , then Greece (2-0) ,and lost to the Argentines(2-1). That was when maradona held sway as king of soccer. The knock- out stage was the peak. Nigeria lost closely to Italy, no thanks Dino Baggio and the Italian coach Arigo Sacchi.
The Bulgarians that we won 3-0 in our first match,eventually competed for the third place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by optimusprime2(m): 5:41am On Jan 20, 2022
Drsmartphilips:
which sierra leone
Oh you are right we played a draw against Sierra Leone but it was goal laden 4:4
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Sleekfingers: 5:50am On Jan 20, 2022
LofiLogic:

Oga you watch ball at all?. When last did Nigeria play this type of fast ball

After that 1994 -1998 super eagles players . I have lost interest in any super eagles match....I watch them with so much disdain....
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by enemmo(f): 6:06am On Jan 20, 2022
Not there yet.

They haven't been fully tested. The general form at this Afcon is below standard. Let's get into some tougher games.

Yekini was that player that you knew would score..you just knew. They had so much quality in that team.

There was a match they played on a Sunday morning, our Church was missing our young men. They were that good.

Those were the glory years of Nigeria football

1 Like

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Dignityaboveall: 6:44am On Jan 20, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

Rufai in goal....

Only Moses Simeon can make the substitute bench. We never got a 9 like Yekini, a 7 like Finidi or a 10 like Okocha. No one close!
the dream team .

Okocha was great in the middle. Super free kick taker .
No striker again like Yekini . He just only needed one opportunity .
Finidi on the flanks . Super super

Capable Rufai at the goal

Awon okechukwu Eguavoen . Wow super defenders . Then Taribo joined .
Clement Westahof as Coach .

What a team .
Until jealously envy wickedness pride entered their spirit .

May this team never fall victim of the above sins .
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Gainman: 6:51am On Jan 20, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Senior man for a reason

Moses Simon my niggar...

Not until he scored that first goal.....umar sadiq was almost one hell of a useless niggar

The truth is that the poster sef know nothing about 1994 Nigeria team. Because if he does,he can't be comparing 2022 team to 1994. 1994 team were like Brazil team. Whether Nigeria team won all their matches in this nation cup. The match no dey interesting. Soccer is generally poor in Africa presently.

1 Like

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by shevchenko(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2022
Iseoluwani:

Then it means nothing spectacular about 94 team

Team wey be say playmaker dey do magic for field. Who is the playmaker, who be that guy wey fi spice the match. Who can play the natural 10 role like okocha, infact in this present team, I wish Mikel could play, the old Mikel sha. Look at that ur useless strikers, ehn esp that sadiq, he scored today by a stroke of luck. This guys are average, just leave them, let them keep playing their game at least they make nigerians happy in this bihari era.
grin grin

Ayewada grin

Everything was going good until you mentioned mikel
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Banter1(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
Trash them never meet correct team way go beat hell comot from there body
Coming from an unpatriotic looser.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Banter1(m): 7:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Conner44:
lol the way super eagles go take fall Nigerians hands for this tournament go funny grin
Coming from a failure.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by LofiLogic: 7:53am On Jan 20, 2022
Sleekfingers:

After that 1994 -1998 super eagles players . I have lost interest in any super eagles match....I watch them with so much disdain....

Learn to leave the past behind and appreciate the present. If na to say you watch ball you for no talk this thing
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by darediamond(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2022
Cmanforall:
Okay

The coach played in 94 and hopefully he'd pass that spirit to them.

Meanwhile, why the rush to sign a foreign coach?
Can the contract be cancelled?
Can Corruption Disappear?
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by soojar(m): 8:05am On Jan 20, 2022
BigShishi:
In terms of their tenacity, determination, skill the current eagles team remind me of the eagles of amokachi, amunike, siasia etc. They are playing beautiful football and playing with their heart..

Please, please, this team is nowhere near the class of 1994. From the terrifying forwards of Yekini, Amokachi, Finidi, Amunike, to flying midfielders of Siasia, Mutiu, not forgetting the magician J J, the defence comprising of African giants like Okafor, Okexhukwu, Iroha, Eguavoen, Keshi and finally Dodo Mayana himself. This present team is showing some flashes but they are lacking in many departments.

In other news
Reporter: Mummy G O, what do you have to say about Super Eagles?

Mummy G O: Gernot Rohr is surely going to ...
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Golan007: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Clickguy44:
This team go beat manutd

Sure bet.

Over 2.5 goals.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Nothingserious: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Ekundayo7574:

No that’s not true.

Egypt is a good team.
Guinea Bissau is a good team.

If you watched how Guinea Bissau played Egypt, you would think they would have beaten the Super Eagles very convincingly.

Please give it up to the Super Eagles. They tried.
Moses Simon is exceptional!

1 Like

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Golan007: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2022
HonestFriend:

Forget that thing Chukwueze better pass Finidi George. And he still young...

As for Yekini n Jay I go no talk pim.

Stop chilling with people that take mpuru mmiri.

Findi had several assists, played for Ajax, won the domestic trophies and the Champions League in the same year.

Won the Nations Cup and was instrumental to Nigeria's qualification to our first ever World Cup.

Nwakali no join Abeg.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2022
mysticwarrior:
Algeria back beans, senegal na moi moi, Cameron na agidi, we go chop all of them, them no reach.
Me I no know o, but I know say team dey wey still strong pass us, make this boys no just Bleep up for last minute
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Samunique(m): 8:32am On Jan 20, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
And who's that better team
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by EmekaBlue(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2022
That number 13 Chidera Ejuke. That Guy na baller Abeg. With his fine football shape
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Successfulben: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2022
So this guy na small boy sef. Imagine, he knows nothing about AFCON 1994 but knows everything about weed and s*x. Youths/teenagers of nowadays. SMH.
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Senior man for a reason

Moses Simon my niggar...

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by CoolAmbience(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

Rufai in goal....

No be lie my brother!

These ones no reach 5% of the '94 squad.

I only see one bankable player in this current team....Moses Simon.

That's my only guy!

1 Like

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2022
Super Eagles just day give me vibe

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by phemmyfour: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Senior man for a reason

Moses Simon my niggar...

Indomie generation
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by YourFavorite21(m): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2022
That Bicycle seat-headed guy called Sadiq , should not be allowed to participate in any match again, make dem no fall our hand .[
grin
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Samsonklin(m): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2022
I'm sorry no disrespect at all.

(if you compare this current team to 94 team, then u need a very sound slap to wake u up)

E be like say u dey jones. Go watch 94 team again and come watch this again. See d current team dey try. Leave it like that. No dey hype anything for here

2 Likes

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Semaj77(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
bong4:

Atlanta 96 Olympics Dream Team you meant to say?

No I meant to say the Golden Eaglets , which by the way , is their real nomenclature. The Nigerian under 23 team is rightly called Golden Eaglets. Olympic team , Dream teams or Olympic Dream team are just aliases.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Testimony1988(m): 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
That's true.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Litmus: 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
That Gernot Rohr of a guy may have done more for the Eagles than we realise. Perhaps he didn't stay long enough to reap the rewards of the underlying work he was putting in place. Anyway, just a thought, make wuna no vex.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by bong4(m): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2022
Semaj77:

No I meant to say the Golden Eaglets , which by the way , is their real nomenclature. The Nigerian under 23 team is rightly called Golden Eaglets. Olympic team , Dream teams or Olympic Dream team are just aliases.

U-17: Golden Eaglets
U-20/21: Flying Eagles
U-23: Olympic Team (Alias Dream Team)
Senior Team: Super Eagles
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Semaj77(m): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2022
bong4:

U-17: Golden Eaglets
U-20/21: Flying Eagles
U-23: Olympic Team (Alias Dream Team)
Senior Team: Super Eagles

So what is the official name for the. Under 23 team of Nigeria , surely it can't be called Olympic team or dream team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paul Hamilton Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Coach) / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Club Rumours Wall Of Fame As Grand Opening Holds Friday / Pictures Man Utd Fans Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.