Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 (29748 Views)

Pharaohs Afraid Of ‘Black Magic' Ahead Of Eagles Clash / Throwback Picture Of Super Eagles Team / Super Eagles Team Jet Out In Style To London. See List Of 25 Man Squad. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by bong4(m): 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by ecoco2014(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
Munamu:

Wow! Eagle 94. The best squad Nigeria ever had. I don't think there could ever be a complete team like it.And you know what? They didn't do it for money.
Please let me take you down the memory lane. After winning the AFCON that year, Nigeria was the cynosure of all during the world cup. Our ever first attempt at the world cup! The team won its first match against Bulgaria (3-0) , then Greece (2-0) ,and lost to the Argentines(2-1). That was when maradona held sway as king of soccer. The knock- out stage was the peak. Nigeria lost closely to Italy, no thanks Dino Baggio and the Italian coach Arigo Sacchi.
The Bulgarians that we won 3-0 in our first match,eventually competed for the third place.
We beat Bulgaria 3-0 which could have been 3-1 as Hristo Stoichkov's free kick goal for Bulgaria was disallowed. The 2nd game was a 2-1 loss to Argentina with Samson Siasia chipping the ball past Islas in goal for Argentina and Claudio Cannigia working his way to 2 goals first via a quick freekick from Late Diego Maradona and secondly through lapses between Sunday Oliseh, Austin Eguavoen and Uche Okechukwu. The 3rd game was characterised by late goals in both halves from Daniel Amokachi and Finidi George with a "dog pee" celebration by Finidi George. The 2nd round against Italy saw an Emmanuel Amunike lead maintained till 87th minute with Eguavoen's weaknesses yet exposed leading to equaliser by Roberto Baggio and later a winner in the extra time by same Roberto Baggio. Sad painful day it was as I couldn't eat then.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by ecoco2014(m): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
CoolAmbience:

No be lie my brother!

These ones no reach 5% of the '94 squad.

I only see one bankable player in this current team....Moses Simon.

That's my only guy!

Joseph Aribo would have taken Late Thompson Oliha's place in the team.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by owbabs: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2022
ecoco2014:

We beat Bulgaria 3-0 which could have been 3-1 as Hristo Stoichkov's free kick goal for Bulgaria was disallowed. The 2nd game was a 2-1 loss to Argentina with Samson Siasia chipping the ball past Islas in goal for Argentina and Claudio Cannigia working his way to 2 goals first via a quick freekick from Late Diego Maradona and secondly through lapses between Sunday Oliseh, Austin Eguavoen and Uche Okechukwu. The 3rd game was characterised by late goals in both halves from Daniel Amokachi and Finidi George with a "dog pee" celebration by Finidi George. The 2nd round against Italy saw an Emmanuel Amunike lead maintained till 87th minute with Eguavoen's weaknesses yet exposed leading to equaliser by Roberto Baggio and later a winner in the extra time by same Roberto Baggio. Sad painful day it was as I couldn't eat then.

The Italy that we led till the 88min played the final vs Brazil. The Bulgaria we beat 3-0 made it to the Semi Final. That tells you the quality we had back then. Their undoing was inexperience.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by ecoco2014(m): 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
owbabs:

The Italy that we led till the 88min played the final vs Brazil. The Bulgaria we beat 3-0 made it to the Semi Final. That tells you the quality we had back then. Their undoing was inexperience.
On point. Stoichkov,and Bald headed Letchkov helped Bulgaria immensely as they eliminated the then defending champions(Germany) 2-1 in the quarterfinals. The game against Italy showed Arrigo Saachi's superiority over Westerhof tactically. A totally out marked Yekini should have been replaced with a ballholding Efan Ekoku at the time or better still a parking bus midfield with Sunday Oliseh and Thompson Oliha alongside Mutiu Adepoju and Augustine Okocha would have killed the Italian dream. Few years later France taught the world that Youri Djorkaeff and Zinedine Zidane could play together from beginning to end(my anger about not playing Oliha and Okocha for 90minutes)
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Profayo: 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
LofiLogic:

You are a bloody liar. The only time when super eagles was as hot as this in an international competition was under keshi and oliseh maybe. Ein b like say you no watch ball oh

You can see how hot they're nah, can't you?
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Profayo: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
LofiLogic:

One day person go beat your stupidity cumot your body

You say what again?
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Semaj77(m): 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
BigShishi:
In terms of their tenacity, determination, skill the current eagles team remind me of the eagles of amokachi, amunike, siasia etc. They are playing beautiful football and playing with their heart..

Do they still remind you of the 94 Eagles

1 Like

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by LofiLogic: 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Profayo:

You can see how hot they're nah, can't you?

No team is perfect oga.
Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by Profayo: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
LofiLogic:

No team is perfect oga.
That's my point, exactly my point.
Don't start shouting a team is hot from 3 matches, give it time and caution
Now shame don catch you

1 Like

Re: This Super Eagles Team Remind Me Of Eagles Of '94 by LofiLogic: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Profayo:

That's my point, exactly my point.
Don't start shouting a team is hot from 3 matches, give it time and caution
Now shame don catch you

How shame catch me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paul Hamilton Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Coach) / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Club Rumours Wall Of Fame As Grand Opening Holds Friday / Pictures Man Utd Fans Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.