Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) (15291 Views)

Fayose Spotted Taking Journalists Around His Infrastructural Achievements(pics / Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by zoogy2007: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2011
These are all stories. Let him spread the projects around Anambra. But no wahala. He wont be there forever.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by manny4life(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
No offense yall but this is disappointing, this is a Photoshop material. The color doesn't mesh at all, besides who builds road and buildings like this? This is cheap advertising. I was expecting something more professional than this, this is half baked material and he should somewhat be ashamed of this.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Sunofgod(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
manny4life:

No offense yall  but this is disappointing, this is a Photoshop material. The color doesn't mesh at all, besides who builds road and buildings like this? This is cheap advertising. I was expecting something more professional than this, this is half baked material and he should somewhat be ashamed of this.

What the poster failed to disclose is that the pictures were scanned from a glossy magazine. (Possibly state sponsored)

And the pictures are actually quite old - If I'm not mistaken I saw these pictures and read the magazine over 1 year ago.

Maybe the poster will confirm this by posting the date the magazine was composed.

Peter Obi has done a lot since these pictures were taken - I refer to them as his old achievements.

The architecture may not be everybodies cup of tea but its certainly better than what was there before. And the people of Anambra are not complaining.

All that is shown can easily be verified.

I know many posters here dont want to hear anything good about Anambra - But they will even if it means by force.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by sley4life(m): 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
he has tried his best for now. but some peeps wont appreciate it. No matter what u do, u'l stil be criticized

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nwonyeke: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
I'm one person that used to commend the government of Peter Obi because of what I read and see in the papers, but my trip to Anambra over the weekend was a terrible one my question is, is there really a government in Anambra State? abeg make someone answer me.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Connoisseur(m): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2011
I was @ the burial ceremony of late Bishop A.K. Obiefuna yesterday @ the centenary in Onitsha. While the various government dignitaries were called to be recognised, Gov Rochas Okorocha of Imo state and even Nwankwo Kano all recieved a standing ovation while 'our dear' governor couldnt get a worthy cheer. It wasnt a political gathering ( before some people say the crowds were hired) but the burial ceremony of a renowned bishop.

Talking bout taxes, the only reason peter obi havent surpassed fashola in taxes is because the people are adamant, they would resist the taxes with every fibre of their beign. Take for instance, late last year, the governor ordered that all commercial buses and bikes be painted in a particular color @ a price 3x the average rate and this should be done @ designated body shops. The drivers resisted the imposition and insisted if they were to repaint, they can only do that @ their own convinience and where they seem fit. When the pressure got too much and the governor afraid of a civil unrest the idea was dropped.

Now, there is a plan to impose a compulsory tax on all traders @ all govt owned markets in the states( in the days ahead you will get to hear this). But trust anambrians, they will resist this too and it might as well go away.

I really take exception to people staying from km s away and judge a place based on what they see on pages of newspapers and magazines, he has CONCLUDED (emphasis) some good projects but he wldnt get an ovation anywhere in the state (come down and check) and if he has the ability to impose taxes, he would have done worse than fashola. the pressure got too much and the governor afraid of a civil unrest the idea was dropped.

Now, there is a plan to impose a compulsory tax on all traders @ all govt owned markets in the states( in the days ahead you will get to hear this). But trust anambrians, they will resist this too and it might as well go away.

I really take exception to people staying from km s away and judge a place based on what they see on pages of newspapers and magazines, he has CONCLUDED (emphasis) some good projects but he wldnt get an ovation anywhere in the state (come down and check) and if he has the ability to impose taxes, he would have done worse than fashola.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2011
Not here to disparage Peter Obi

But building structures all seem to be bland,monotonous and generally simple.

And please don't say there are no better architects?
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by stormm: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Sun of God,

How much were you paid? You're cheating Obi and need to refund a large part of your consultancy. As a PR person, I'm able to decipher certainly that you are one of those ignorant mofos that Obi relies on to polish his image. Secondly, your knowledge of the state is so inadequate that you making a mess of Obi himself.

Get another job, maybe in waste clearing and you kight possible do better in that.

Sun of god:

What the poster failed to disclose is that the pictures were scanned from a glossy magazine. (Possibly state sponsored)

And the pictures are actually quite old - If I'm not mistaken I saw these pictures and read the magazine over 1 year ago.

The architecture may not be everybodies cup of tea but its certainly better than what was there before. And the people of Anambra are not complaining.

I know many posters here dont want to hear anything good about Anambra - But they will even if it means by force.

An epitome of ignorance. Cutey, you need an advanced diploma and possibly a degree in reasoning
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Sunofgod(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
stormm:

@Sun of God,

How much were you paid? You're cheating Obi and need to refund a large part of your consultancy. As a PR person, I'm able to decipher certainly that you are one of those ignorant mofos that Obi relies on to polish his image. Secondly, your knowledge of the state is so inadequate that you making a mess of Obi himself.

Get another job, maybe in waste clearing and you kight possible do better in that.

An epitome of ignorance. Cutey, you need an advanced diploma and possibly a degree in reasoning

I challenge you to find one thing I have stated that is inaccurate.

. . . . and I really dont need any more qualifications. (You've probably figured that out - cool)
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by shotster50(m): 12:43am On Jun 23, 2011
@ op,  you no get shame,    Check Enugu's Sullivan and see what real achievement is, , Dont insult our collective intelligence here.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by igboboy1(m): 4:51am On Jun 23, 2011
cry chai o so'so red aja juru ebe ni'ne, cry cry

Ndi'igbo biko tete nu ura
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by ifyalways(f): 6:48am On Jun 23, 2011
@OP,Quit wasting ur time polishing Obi's dead image.That guy is a F-A-I-L-U-R-E.Just last week,I was in Anambra and giving him benefit of doubt(which he does not deserve)went round secondary schools in search of his very first published feat:school computers and modern pit latrines.I toured from Ado girls,QRC,St.charles,DMGS,ihiala special science,st.monica's Ogbunike to Uli girls,neither of the 2 so called projects was existing.Where are the computers and pit latrines Anambarian's just can't wait for the end of his tenure and blimey,there's going to be a huge celebration when that day comes.Obi ndi mmuo!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2011
ifyalways:

@OP,Quit wasting your time polishing Obi's dead image.That guy is a F-A-I-L-U-R-E.Just last week,I was in Anambra and giving him benefit of doubt(which he does not deserve)went round secondary schools in search of his very first published feat:school computers and modern pit latrines.I toured from Ado girls,QRC,St.charles,DMGS,ihiala special science,st.monica's Ogbunike to Uli girls,neither of the 2 so called projects was existing.Where are the computers and pit latrines Anambarian's just can't wait for the end of his tenure and blimey,there's going to be a huge celebration when that day comes.Obi ndi mmuo!

So u just tour Onitsha and come here crying, abeg make i hear word
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by ifyalways(f): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2011
^Enwe,Im not ur geography teacher.st.monica's,loretto special science,uli girls are in Onitsha right?where are the so-called computers and vip pit latrines?clear comot,my post was addressed to the OP,not you,sandfly.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2011
I go sound your face this morning, since when did u have the money to tour? grin
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by ifyalways(f): 8:33am On Jun 23, 2011
Made money off folks like you who can't tell their father's farmland,ancient landmarks and simple Geography. . .hello,its abt Obi and his achivements.Can we discuss just that.btwn,do u happen to know the 'location' of the schools he claimed he got 'computers' for or constructed the 'vip pit latrines'?
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2011
ifyalways:

Made money off folks like you who can't tell their father's farmland,ancient landmarks and simple Geography. . .hello,its abt Obi and his achivements.Can we discuss just that.btwn,do u happen to know the 'location' of the schools he claimed he got 'computers' for or constructed the 'vip pit latrines'?

Even the teacher that thought you geography, i know more than him, next time try and decipher my signature b4 talking about geography, and i bet u cant differentiate between GEO 1 and 2
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 23, 2011
ifyalways:

@OP,Quit wasting your time polishing Obi's dead image.That guy is a F-A-I-L-U-R-E.Just last week,I was in Anambra and giving him benefit of doubt(which he does not deserve)went round secondary schools in search of his very first published feat:school computers and modern pit latrines.I toured from Ado girls,QRC,St.charles,DMGS,ihiala special science,st.monica's Ogbunike to Uli girls,neither of the 2 so called projects was existing.Where are the computers and pit latrines Anambarian's just can't wait for the end of his tenure and blimey,there's going to be a huge celebration when that day comes.Obi ndi mmuo!

IF NONE OF OBI'S SO CALLED ACHIEVEMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE LISTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS, I WONDER WHICH SCHOOL THE PROJECTS WERE EXECUTED! OBI ONYE ORII!

odiaero:

So u just tour Onitsha and come here crying, abeg make i hear word

My friend stop defending incompetency!

HOW I MISS ONWA! IF ONLY INGIGE SPENT COMPLETE FOUR YEARS IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE AWKA, ANAMBRA WOULD AV BEEN THE MOST DEVELOPED STATE!

ONWAAAA!!!! WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN! YOU JUST HAVE TO COME AND COMPLETE WHAT YOU STARTED!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by ifyalways(f): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2011
^YOu failed woefully. . .your pathetic attempt to turn this "about me".who gives a darn abt you or ur siggy,u take urself serious sha.Onye Geo 1 and 2,who jumped in to say Ihiala,Ogbunike,Uli are in Onitsha,biko ga zoo first ka acho gi acho.Besides,i'm allergic(highly) to dizzy spells,don't expect me to continue with this meaningless back and front,if u are dire need of ego massaging,go open a new thread,for you.Here and now,it's abt Obi,the failure. whatchayougonnasay?
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by ifyalways(f): 9:50am On Jun 23, 2011
Sorry greateros,im mobile and features i can access are limited.my last response was meant for our 1 pence GEO1 and 2 student,Odiearo.lol
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 23, 2011
greateros:

IF NONE OF OBI'S SO CALLED ACHIEVEMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE LISTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS, I WONDER WHICH SCHOOL THE PROJECTS WERE EXECUTED! OBI ONYE ORII!

My friend stop defending incompetency!

HOW I MISS ONWA! IF ONLY INGIGE SPENT COMPLETE FOUR YEARS IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE AWKA, ANAMBRA WOULD AV BEEN THE MOST DEVELOPED STATE!

ONWAAAA!!!! WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN! YOU JUST HAVE TO COME AND COMPLETE WHAT YOU STARTED!

Why are u stressing your self, i was only trying to pull some legs and she fell for it cheesy

ifyalways:

^YOu failed woefully. . .your pathetic attempt to turn this "about me".who gives a darn abt you or your siggy,u take urself serious sha.Onye Geo 1 and 2,who jumped in to say Ihiala,Ogbunike,Uli are in Onitsha,biko ga zoo first ka acho gi acho.Besides,i'm allergic(highly) to dizzy spells,don't expect me to continue with this meaningless back and front,if u are dire need of ego massaging,go open a new thread,for you.Here and now,it's abt Obi,the failure. whatchayougonnasay?

Oya go open new thread, i dey wait, no run o, or i go pilot and clash Copter 4 ur bedroom and we continue from theregrin grin
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by blank(f): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2011
He built the roads in my village. Ngige said he won't but Peter Obi did. I can't thank him enough. Now shame has been wiped from my head. No more will they yab me that the SUV that can pass our roads has not been built yet.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2011
blank:

He built the roads in my village. Ngige said he won't but Peter Obi did. I can't thank him enough. Now shame has been wiped from my head. No more will they yab me that the SUV that can pass our roads has not been built yet.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by ifyalways(f): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2011
Odiaero na clown. grin @Blank,where is ur place,if u don't mind?
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2011
ifyalways:

Odiaero na clown. grin @Blank,where is your place,if u don't mind?

Lol, ahhahaha, i just dey watch u dey tear ur shirt while i was only joking and pulling ur legs, Nwafo no dey fight Nwafo, even if i dey abroad or Moon lol grin
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by MMM2(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2011
Cool
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by DisGuy: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
If the govt is very prudent all the more reason he should borrow money to build revenue generating infrastructure, the guy doesnt appear to be taking any risk which is counting against him as he doesnt seem to be able to push tax reforms
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by manny4life(m): 3:11am On Jun 24, 2011
Connoisseur:

I was @ the burial ceremony of late Bishop A.K. Obiefuna yesterday @ the centenary in Onitsha. While the various government dignitaries were called to be recognised,  Gov Rochas Okorocha of Imo state and even Nwankwo Kano all recieved a standing ovation while 'our dear' governor couldnt get a worthy cheer. It wasnt a political gathering ( before some people say the crowds were hired) but the burial ceremony of a renowned bishop.

Talking bout taxes, the only reason peter obi havent surpassed fashola in taxes is because the people are adamant, they would resist the taxes with every fibre of their beign. Take for instance, late last year, the governor ordered that all commercial buses and bikes be painted in a particular color @ a price 3x the average rate and this should be done @ designated body shops. The drivers resisted the imposition and insisted if they were to repaint, they can only do that @ their own convinience and where they seem fit. When the pressure got too much and the governor afraid of a civil unrest the idea was dropped.

I really take exception to people staying from km s away and judge a place based on what they see on pages of newspapers and magazines, he has CONCLUDED (emphasis) some good projects but he wldnt get an ovation anywhere in the state (come down and check) and if he has the ability to impose taxes, he would have done worse than fashola. the pressure got too much and the governor afraid of a civil unrest the idea was dropped.

I really take exception to people staying from km s away and judge a place based on what they see on pages of newspapers and magazines, he has CONCLUDED (emphasis) some good projects but he wldnt get an ovation anywhere in the state (come down and check) and if he has the ability to impose taxes, he would have done worse than fashola.

Ok let me see, first off if Fashola was calm about taxes, he won't be generating revenues the way he is now. Besides, you need a tax system in place in order to enforce it. For instance, the governor can bypass the states houses and use an Executive to impose it, in as long it does not impose on the security of the people, I think people won't fuss much. If govt wants to impose tax, it must start with a system first. Everyone is welcomed to criticize my opinion but please don't insult me.

A. Let's look at Income Taxes. If Mr. Gov uses EO to direct all employers to register with the state dept of taxation, report all new hires and impose a maximum of 5% income taxes on employees who earn at least $25,000 in the state from their prospective employers. If companies fail to comply, they face a penalty, as u can see in this case, you're not giving this people an to pay it themselves but the companies will deduct it from their pay and remit it to the govt. For instance, if there are 50,000 employees statewide with a minimum of N25,000 and up, the govt gets N1,250 monthly from each employee. Don't forget to enforce the companies with penalties if u have to and how do u know this? Companies will file quarterly payroll tax returns and followed by govt audits. To attract the employes as well, you encourage them to file their quarterly or annual tax returns and give them say 1% to 2% of their tax withholding as returns, that will make certain it will limit any fraud on the part of the employers. This is a simple way, companies will not run away, the gov isn't asking them to leave,what the gov is asking them to do enforce his order to withhold up to 5% of incomes of those earning up to a certain amount. I don't think people will fuss about N1,250 from their N25,000, I mean the gov will be modest about the interest rate. Keep in mind there are misc income taxes like rental income taxes, business tax et.al.

B. Let's look at sales tax. This can be tricky given the environment in Nigeria, I would only say tax only if there's a sale. Now using an EO, you will require all banks operating in the states to disclose financial information of business using corporate /small business accounts to the tax department when they choose to. This way, the tax department can determine how many small businesses or SB accounts operated in the states, enforce them to show proof of sale receipts. Well if the small business traders choose not to comply, it's either they won't bank in the state (which will be a hassle) or face the penalty of a tax liability and lien placed on their accounts. In this case, all u requiring small businesses to do is show proof of "sale receipts" matched with COGS invoices, that way u can discern what part of revenue they collected was actually taxable and how to deduct such taxes from them. This will be good for Auto dealers, major parts traders, Hardware, appliance traders, hardlines items traders et.al.

C. Let's look at utilities taxes, A lot of us use cellphones and the way I understand it, it's most prepaid. Mr Gov can meet with telecom operators in the state, or issue an order to them, for every prepaid card activated on their system from the states commerce areas, he can impose a 1%/ 2%  tax on the face value of the card or just a simple Naira amount. For every N1,000 card sold, the state has N10 to its account. So for every 100,000 card activated monthly within the state, the state get that amount. Many will not fuss about N10 at least it won't make them any worse than it is.

I mean the list goes on,
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by holyghost(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
Obi is trying but he has not done enough?
it is not everything in life that needs A to B to C to D planing method
and Anambra State is one of those element that will need A to C and to Y
approach

Amambra = translate to "Open Land" (but realistically today a closed land or cave)

omabala river aka Anambra River

Traffic code name = Home for all (but in truth Home for few or home of crime)

we need OBI to bring back the real value back to Anambra.

1 Roads (wide, highest motorable road)

2. Local Airport ( Befitting Local Airport will be a big start for International upgrade but the number of years as a
local Airport will boost the chance of conversion to international status so let's have one now! )

3. industrial zone ( we need two or three industrial zones in the state to point to investors and industrialist that
Anambra if investment friendly, heavy Security cheap acquisition land and social infrastructures
like three star Hotels, water works (treatment plant) Regular power supply etc.

3. Independent Power ( for any business or hospitality/entertainment center to breath there must be Electric power
Gov. Obi knows these thing better)

4. Youth/skill centers ( go get Chinese to develop our youth in one thing or the other, and Americans in talent
developments)

5. Game village/Nollywood /firm maker attraction (today's world is game and infotainment driving)

6. security X Security (CCTV security patrol Security, Street Lights Security Onitacha security, Awka security
( NNewi Security General Security thus business and pleasure can thrive together in our state)

Some leaders focus on what they are going through (like Qaddafi, OBI, Mbadinuju) = stunt growth and
very bad history

Other Leaders focus on what they want to go through (like Mandela, OBAMA, Ngige, Tunubu, fashola )
which is = Steady Growth and best history rating.

Have Gov. Obi faced any bigger challenge than Obama and Tunubu or even Ngige? capital NO! so no excuse suffice

Gov Obi where do you want your name to be listed? the choice is entirely yours for now!

so wake up my Gov. now that you have a popular and achievable 6-Point Agenda.
get to real action for a change and Anambraians and Igbos home and abroad will be behind you.

we are in need of true political leaders, so Owelle Rochas Okorocha take note!
Former Senate President, Ken Naman and Ayim Pius Ayim are still making us proud, they are the igbo new leaders that have not soiled their hands. Please keep your records clean always, and prove Igbos are democrats of immense integrity.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by rhymaholic: 2:13am On Sep 28, 2014
rhymaholic: I'm in Awka Anambra now and i can tell u first hand that Peter Obi can do better than he has done,
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by rhymaholic: 2:14am On Sep 28, 2014
Vb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-rufai Attacks CBN, Says Bank Destroying Jobs / Afakirya Gadzama Appointed Chairman Governing Board NISS / Why PDP May Lose All Southern States If It Zones Presidency To North - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.