Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice (7534 Views)

Why Is Rice Generally Cooked On Sundays? / Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? / Why Is Rice A Must-eat On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by MMM2(m): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2011
akra and bread is better than rice.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by DeGenius3(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2011
we like it because it's delicious, wink
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2011
Rice is easier to cook than many other food
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2011
I grew up to be fond of Tortilla (potato omelet) and at older stage in life fell in love at having Rabo de toro (bull's tail), never had a definite fondness for Rice undecided

But at home i'ld prefer Having Egwusi soup with Cow leg, so delicious
cool cheesy
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by arixreal: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
what you said is rigth. but i think generally in the whole world rice is something. at least i have been to more than 22 countries in the world rice is the most common food everybody eat. for example like uk , china, phillipine, neitherland, hong kong, uae, malaysia, usa, germany, brazil, austra, euthiopia, kenya,south africa, north and south korea,saudi arabia etc they eat rice alot and they prepare it in different ways. some even used it as soup.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by GSyntax(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
Well, from my own point of view, rice is not indigenous to Nigeria. But I must say you are right. An average Nigerian who lives in the city from my observation eats rice at least once a week. I like eating rice very well. Infact, I can't do without rice and eba in a week! I go just die be that!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by ChScott(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
In fact this is for me. I like rice so much at times I eat it all day
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by Odunnu: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2011
I hate rice! I only eat it when its the only food available and thats very rare. Even when I get to eat it, it must be with either plantain, moimoi, beans or cooked groundnuts. Without any of these, I simply cant eat rice
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by yulad(m): 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
Well, I dont like rice. Sue me.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by mamagee3(f): 1:57am On Jun 24, 2011
The same reason we all love other kinds of food. . .
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by igboboi1: 8:18am On Jun 24, 2011
because it is grown by the most self described educated, sophisticated zombies people in Nigeria, so logically we want to be educated and sophisticated like them, what better way to do that than to eat what they grow undecided
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by VUVUZELA10: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2011
Who are the we?  Rice is not indigenous to Africa.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by igboboi1: 8:29am On Jun 24, 2011
the we know themselves
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by graluxxy054(f): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2011
i guess its because rice is very 2 cook
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by Teejayphillip(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2011
Rice is a normal food evryone wanna eat. I eat rice evryday n i dont get tired of eating it. My mum wil always say RICE NAA LAGOS FOOD, So keep on eating rice
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by Cuddlemii: 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
The rice we eat in Naija is not good.

The starch in the rice they sell in naija can paint the whole world white. I didnt even know you have to perboil it with hot water and salt to remove the starch and that wont get all the starch off anyways

Ofade rice, brown rice are good but the terrible things are always shoved down our throats here, we are never appreciative of what we have (our own food). In advance countries, they have low fat everything then theybring high fat everything here for us, the most pathriotic and chronic consumers to make money.

Nafdac would be busy with drugs and bleaching cream whlch are solutions. They should concerntrate on prevention for a change.

Ever wondered why most villagers are healthy and fit. Some even live above 100 and people assume its their witchcraft. But they eat our African foods gotten from their farms.

People would be complaining that they have added bla bla, my arms this, the legs that. looking for magic products here and there. Although to much of FUFU is bad for the body but we still have wheat, amala ologede etc which are better alternatives to those bags of rice they sell in naija.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by Pafuri(m): 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
Rice is the world's staple. So, there has to be something about it. Besides, 3 billion Asians can't be wrong.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by medjai(m): 12:05am On Jun 25, 2011
Rice is my fav food. I eat rice everyday.
I think why we love rice so much is because there are a lot of things you can make out of rice and it's also cheap and easy to prepare.
We don't have a lot of options as regards food which just makes eating rice almost inevitable in this part of the world.
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 25, 2011
Some nigerians cant do without AKPU like the igbos cheesy
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by 9ja4eva: 7:28am On Jun 25, 2011
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by member479760: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2011
Cheap food
Re: Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice by juman(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2011
M M M:

akra and bread is better than rice.

Yeah. Also Amala (Oka) is better than rice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Your Dry Date Nuts/dabinu(dabino) On Escapadeng / Can Someone Teach Me How To Bake Cake? / Nutritional Value Of Nigerian Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.