Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? (7000 Views)

What Do Girls Gain In A Relationship Without Allowance Or Money From Their Bfs / Do People Fall In Love Faster Online? / Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by satani22: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
There are lots of different thoughts, feelings, and ideas about love, but most people (including  us here on Nairaland) agree that love is a very strong feeling of affection that people often feel towards other people or things they really like.

There are many kinds of love, and every type of love has its own very special embodiment in terms of reason that give birth to such love and in the ways it is expressed and the reasons it exists!

So many reasons abound on why people fall in love but to make it simpler, i ve limited the scope to three most common reasons which are Highlighted in the title

1 appearance/beauty

2 character

3 money

I'm of the opinion that most relationships of today are based on item 3 (money) and followed by item 1 (appearance/beauty)

Guys love big bosom, big Bottom, yellow pawpaw, slim fitted body shape, whilst some girls would love a guy that looks like OBJ or Dimeji bankole cos of Money(might not last).

The most important reason i feel should not be ignored in falling in love is that of 'character' and all others follow.

Yoruba says 'Obirin so iwa nu, oni oun o mori oko waiye' meaning a lady lost character and says shes unfortunate in getting husband.

Well it depends of peoples views sha. me think character should make people fall in love above other considerable factors.

whats your take?
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by MzOutside(f): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
I would say that personality and looks matter the most when it comes to 'love'

As for the rest, i.e. money , sure it matters and by that i mean having a sense of financial stability.
Dont get be wrong, i dont agree with the idea of gold diggers,
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by iice(f): 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
Whatever blows your hair back.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by MrCork17: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^most beautiful lightskin MOD ever wink
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Mynd44: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
Loading,
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by satani22: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
iice:

Whatever blows your hair back.
As in?
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Cuddlemii: 12:15am On Jun 23, 2011
@ op

This your name scares the shit out of me. Im afraid to comment sef
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Natasha2(f): 12:17am On Jun 23, 2011
op you have answered your question already people fall in love because of all those reasons you mentioned each to his own your question should have been ''On what basis would you fall in Love . . . ''
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by iice(f): 3:15am On Jun 23, 2011
satani22:

As in?

As in whatever works for whoever. Some people focus on character, some on appearance, some on money.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Nekai(f): 6:27am On Jun 23, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@ op

This your name scares the poo out of me. Im afraid to comment sef

grin grin grin

[size=4pt]Me too.[/size] embarassed
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by ikoha: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2011
@OP. before i write anything let me rebuke you in Jesus Name. ehe! as for the topic @hand, any lady that has all these qualities will immediately switch my love mode on sharp sharp!!! so as per satan wey you be, u fit tempt me with any lady that has all these qualitie and see my reaction.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by lekibaba: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2011
Character does matters a lot. It is always advisable to know your partner b4 falling in love. My own opinion appearance or money do not count for me. I will go with character. Money is not everything.

Lakeside.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 23, 2011
@ poster
You got it all wrong for the guys. Most guys would like to have a fine arrsse chick around with big melons , reveberating behinds and lighter skin color than snow but it is all for the show , in the end character is the deciding factor , at least for me. It is evident from the proverb you stated , no one ( man that is ) would marry a woman without character.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by victorazy(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2011
money, cash, owo, ego, kudi, ewai.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by MMM2(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2011
Op

MONEY. angry
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Tinax(f): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2011
the 3 goes for me
character=95%
appearance=50%
MONEY=99%
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by andyanders: 11:56am On Jun 23, 2011
Money. Without money no Love. Period. How can you reason well and think of love when you don’t have money? How can one feel love when you don’t have job?
How can a man's manhood rise, when his brain is not settled? Any man who has not eaten and his manhood is rising, you have to check him, he must be mentally sick. If a woman wants to sleep with a man when she is hungry and have not eaten, then she is equally mentally sick. How can you look smart when you do not have money? How can you appear good without money? Money is beauty. That is why people like OBJ can even sleep with an 18yr old girl. What is Love? Combination of so many things put together is love.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by slap1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
As a guy I'd say character and beauty. Gold-digging is mostly a ladies' thing.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by pepperoni(f): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
I go for the three points mentioned by the poster. Rant all you can Nairalanders it wont change anything. That my choice so deal wiv it!

1. Appearance/Handsomeness
2. Character
3. Money

I cant suffer now, i have suffered enough! tongue
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
and therein lies faith hope and love but the greatest is love,

so to answer your question, and therein lies appearance, money and character but the greatest of them is character

you are attracted to beauty,
you will live with his/her character
money will answer to your needs.

so creating a healthy balance between all three makes for a healthy relationship,
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by johnjoel(m): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2011
as a MAN character is no1,,beauty2 bcus i have the money,,,i say what i want[img][/img][tr][/tr][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Gylae: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2011
Take it or leave it. Money is king. Character can't pay ur rent when it is due and looks can't recharge ur BB. U need money to make ur world go round. More over rich pple are better behaved than their poorer neighbors
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Adaukusu(f): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2011
As for me, am going to rank them

1, MONEY
2, CHARACTER
3, APPEARANCE.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Wallie(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
At the risk of sounding superficial, appearance/beauty will be what makes one approach another for a date but the character of the person will keep the relationship going. If the girl has self-made money, that will just be icing on the cake that adds to her character.

In all the 3 “attributes” that you listed, character is the most important because you can meet someone that you’re not immediately attracted to but over time, the person’s character might win you over.

Money will only be the most important attribute to a person that has none. While a person might initially get caught up in the allure of what having unlimited income can do, after a few years of buying everything you dreamed off, your happiness or lack-thereof will weigh on you.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2011
Wallie:

At the risk of sounding superficial, appearance/beauty will be what makes one approach another for a date but the character of the person will keep the relationship going. If the girl has self-made money, that will just be icing on the cake that adds to her character.

In all the 3 “attributes” that you listed, character is the most important because you can meet someone that you’re not immediately attracted to but over time, the person’s character might win you over.

Money will only be the most important attribute to a person that has none. While a person might initially get caught up in the allure of what having unlimited income can do, after a few years of buying everything you dreamed off, your happiness or lack-thereof will weigh on you.

spot on.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by ronkebp(f): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
For me, i look at appearance first, if you are good looking and well- dressed, then you are a little bit appealing, then your character comes next, 70% of good character is all i need, i can manage the other 30%. Money! money! money!, is not compulsory, but would be an added advantage, a very good one for that matter.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by satani22: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2011
Adaukusu:

As for me, am going to rank them

1, MONEY
2, CHARACTER
3, APPEARANCE.

Na wa oo. I dont know ur sex but i'll presume u're a female. I'm a full blown satanist and sometimes fetish, yet i have plenty money to through around. by ur ranking will u love me?
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by satani22: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2011
iice:

As in whatever works for whoever. Some people focus on character, some on appearance, some on money.
I really doubt if anything works for whoever. I think most divorce ar e based on incompatibility as a result of characters that are intolerable not so? The appearance is there like wise money. I recall that Frank Edoho of who wants to be a millionaire is handsome and rich but had to be separated from Catherine cos of character. 60% of all love should be based on character.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by frenchman2: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
appearance - the person's looks will tell if u should make a move or not.
character - this will determine if u continue or quit.
money(let's replace money with potential)does the person have the potential if the money is not there now?
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Machine007: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
andyanders:

Money. Without money no Love. Period. How can you reason well and think of love when you don’t have money? How can one feel love when you don’t have job?
How can a man's manhood rise, when his brain is not settled? Any man who has not eaten and his manhood is rising, you have to check him, he must be mentally sick. If a woman wants to sleep with a man when she is hungry and have not eaten, then she is equally mentally sick. How can you look smart when you do not have money? How can you appear good without money? Money is beauty. That is why people like OBJ can even sleep with an 18yr old girl. What is Love? Combination of so many things put together is love.

GOD bless u

Pls can can ur d, k stand when u are hungry.
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by Lolabbey: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2011
appearance is usually the strikn force
character keeps it goin
Re: Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? by satani22: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2011
Wallie:

confirmed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come, Why Do Girls Have More Likes On Their Photos Than Guys On Nairaland ??? / Watch This Erotica Lap Dance Clip From The Ongoing Big Brothers Africa / Guys! Meet That 10 Types Of Nigerian Wife You Will Ever Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.