Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

My Mum Is Against My Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Is Against My Relationship (37069 Views)

My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry / My Girlfriend Mum Is Currently Looking For Me With Police, I'm On The Run! Help / How Torn Chicken Noodle Spice Nearly Ended My Relationship - Lady Shares Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Kate999: 7:36am On Feb 09, 2022
I have been in a serious relationship with a guy for 7 years, last year I formally introduced him to my parents. We want to start the marriage arrangements this year but my mum has bluntly refused my fiancée, her excuse is that the guy is not presentable due to his slender physique and she feels that I will be maltreated by the guy once we get married.

I know this guy too well and he cares for me a lot and has never raised his hands on me. My mum has insisted that if I go on with the my wedding plans she will disown me and place a curse on me.

What baffles me is that she has never seen this guy in person, they have only talked on the phone, she just made her judgement via phone calls and photographs.

I really want to fight for what I love but both my parents have refused to respect my decision.

18 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Haakeem(m): 7:40am On Feb 09, 2022
Tell her to lay her cure that you don't care.

Girl! Fight for the man you lo*v as far he isnt into fetish things or you would regret sooner or later. Imagine! Some parents enh...

182 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Sonnobax15(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2022
lipsrsealed
If only your mom can just spare a day out of her busy schedule and pay a visit to most churches (miracle centres) during their mid-week programs..Make she go use her own eyes take see wetin women dey pray and fast for undecided. Make she go witness how young girls dey pray fervently to encounter a man who'll take them to the altar.....Na then she go realize say all those her excuses no join one bit...

Op's mom wanna play a role in plunging the op into by-force meno-stop lipsrsealed

306 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by donbachi(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2022
Just short of letters.but,ask ur mum her opinion and find out if she's got any man for u.if yes,try and see the man.and if no.go ahead with the wedding.if she no attend na her own business be dat.
GOD say him go bless who him go bless and curse who him go curse.
And sey who GOD done bless no man can curse.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:
I have been in a serious relationship with a guy for 7 years, last year I formally introduced him to my parents. We want to start the marriage arrangements this year but my mum has bluntly refused my fiancée, her excuse is that the guy is not presentable due to his slender physique and she feels that I will be maltreated by the guy once we get married.

I know this guy too well and he cares for me a lot and has never raised his hands on me. My mum has insisted that if I go on with the my wedding plans she will disown me and place a curse on me.

What baffles me is that she has never seen this guy in person, they have only talked on the phone, she just made her judgement via phone calls and photographs.

I really want to fight for what I love but both my parents have refused to respect my decision.

Maybe your mom has consulted a spiritualist on your behalf without your knowledge, hence her adamancy on not allowing you to marry him.
By the way, most of those spiritualists are demonic manipulators.

Another thing is: has your boyfriend been sending money or gifts to your mom? You said you've been dating him for 7 years, if he has never given your mom a dime, she might think he is either useless or poor. That's another way to see it.

148 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by okenwa(m): 7:47am On Feb 09, 2022
This is a normal thing/challenge couples face whenever marriage is brought up.

The husband to be must show some serious approach/respect by visiting your mom.

Phone conversations and pictures could be seen as disrespectful/un seriousness from him.

I'd possible your mom knows some encumbrances that you don't know. She may know the area the man live/come from which is not possible to release you in marriage.

Please invite him home to see her.
Haakeem:
Tell her to lay her cure that you don't care.

Girl! Fight for what you luv or you would regret sooner or later. Imagine! Some parents enh...
Kate999:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by helinues: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2022
You are yet to be in control of your life before marriage, and you think you would be able to make your own decision in the marriage without external forces like this.

Take control of your decision making

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Totiemide: 7:56am On Feb 09, 2022
Loewe:

Maybe your mom has consulted a spiritualist on your behalf without your knowledge, hence her adamancy on not allowing you to marry him.

Another thing is: has your boyfriend been sending money or gifts to your mom? You said you've been dating him for 7 years, if he has never given your mom a dime, she might think he is either useless or poor. That's another way to see it.

True that.
Ask her why she insist. Some parents pray or consult spiritualist when their children are of marriageable age, so ask her what she saw or heard concerning your spouse.

You should also pray about it too

What was your spouse response to this? 7 years you've been in a relationship with him right, does he visit out of that 7 years? Does your parents know him closely? Abi he's only in a relationship with you but not in a relationship with your parent (does he see them as his in laws).

Because my dear love isn't enough when it comes to marriage ooo. Na the planning before you enter easy, to keep 'forever' takes everything you've got be it mentally, spiritually, emotionally etc.

You should both pray about it, God ll see you through

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by everythinggirly(f): 8:26am On Feb 09, 2022
Wonders shall never end. How can she judge a book cover she hasn't even seen?

It's unbelievable!

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Kate999: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2022
everythinggirly:
Wonders shall never end. How can she judge a book cover she hasn't even seen?

It's unbelievable!

Indeed! We both live in different states that is why it has been difficult to come over/visit. Now I want to formally introduce him to the family by inviting him over as we want to take things to the next level but they have bluntly refused to see him, giving me flimsy excuses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Karleb(m): 9:43am On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:

Indeed! We both live in different states that is why it has been difficult to come over/visit. Now I want to formally introduce him to the family by inviting him over as we want to take things to the next level but they have bluntly refused to see him, giving me flimsy excuses.

Remember, na your marriage o, not her marriage.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Truvelisback(m): 9:51am On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:

Marry him, none of her curse will work on u. U haven't committed any crime.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by bigcee(m): 10:12am On Feb 09, 2022
Curse? Lol, nothing will happen to you. Our parent will just be threatening us with curses and disown grin like say e dey easy grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Chloraseptic: 10:24am On Feb 09, 2022
The reason is simple.

Your mum used to fûck the guy behind your back..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by mhizace: 11:19am On Feb 09, 2022
our female parent too get problem sometimes,my mum nearly cursed me abi she cursed me ne sef, I no know, simply cause I broke up my ex, I still love her but I no get her time now, infact I refused to go home after our first semester ended, cause I know she will definitely bring the issue again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999 I think it'll be a good idea to inform your pastor and some elderly men who could convince them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Nonexisting: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
If your mother is against your relationship, put a stop to it now. I don't want to read that your boyfriend killed you like that Australian girl. Ona no dey listen to wise counsel until it happens to you people.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Gadafii: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Loewe:

make the guy send the girl mama money because they are dating or they have been dating for seven years

Which kind mumu talk be this?

Has the girl gone to the guy's mom house to cook and clean and fetch water for her, if that's how a relationship should be

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by general111(m): 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:

your mum is this way because you allowed her.
Parents will always try to control the choices of their grown ups.
Just ignore your mum and start the marriage preparations, get married to your boo and move on.
Overtime, she will just change

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by ZUBY77(m): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Send his picture, let's be in a better position to see if your mom is right, before you marry Stockfish

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by jamexborn(m): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ok oh
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Legalcriminal: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Maybe she don fall for the guy, sha no gree make she no snatch your husband

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Omniman(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
Damn!

7 years... & the guy never meet your peeps for once even if na to introduce as a friend. embarassed
Both of you are not serious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by ipobarethieves: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
sad
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by H2ho(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
@Kate999 your solution is here:

Milo + 4eggs daily (mix and stir)

let him have it for 2weeks.

please don't thank me grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by BigDawsNet: 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
Pray about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Has A Boyfriend But She Denied It And Told Me She's Single / I Spend A Lot Of Money On Girls But Some Guys Do Not Spend A Dime / As A Lady, You Can Prove That You Love A Guy In The Following Ways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.